Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Other Plans
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-12-2011, 06:16 AM   #91
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Bejewelme
Stats: 350+/221.4/198 (5'10)
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: restarted 9/27/2010
Becky- you must get back on it you are a DUkan rockstar, you kick serious weighloss, think how good you will feel until your next Vegas trip with some more weight off, you can do it hun, come on I am holding your hand!!!! You gotta pull me into onederland!!!!
Bejewelme is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 09-12-2011, 08:18 AM   #92
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: spydermonkey511
Yep Becky stay with it!

Made it through one day of the weekend and fell on my face yesterday. I will tell you once you get off track it is hard to get back on or atleast it has been for me.

I know we talked about this before ,but has anyone signed up for coaching?
spydermonkey511 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 09:10 AM   #93
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: iamfaithful
Thank you to everyone for your thougts & prayers. It is difficult to reply directly to most because I just have a very tiny phone & navigation is hard.

I am jumping for joy for everyones progress... Did you see this old lady jumping.

I wish I could "run".. I am just glad I can walk. Runners make me a tad envuous cause I say I want to do that-havent given up hope.

Just wanted to share some good news! 168.4 today. Was 173.4 Sept 1st. Maybe 165 by eom is not a dream. I am not son strict adhearance ro my Modifyed Dukan & yesterday eating at gramma's was a disaster. The only thing I think that is making the difference is last week I started using coconut iol exclusively... A few days ago I scored bigtime oon dome Dr Bonners Virgin Coconut Oil- I eat a spoonfull or two a day! Never thougt I could just eat a spoonful of iol but it is not like an oil- more like coconut tasting butter! Anyway I spread a good layer of it on Ezekiel toast that has cooled & use the regular in my eggs & to coat pans. I think that is causing the scale to drop. I heard it was good for the heart & weight loss but never thought this GOOD FAT would work for me. Just passing it along incase you want to try it.

Toodles! Busy day & have lots to do- so thankful the Kombucha has given me the energy I need- last March I was Blessed to just make it around for a while each day. Now I have a lot of Livin' to catch up on !

Have a Blessed Day Ladies & Hang Tough! If I an do this- anyone can & THAT MEANS YOU TOO! <3
iamfaithful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 09:21 AM   #94

CO is really good stuff, it says it is heat healthy and suppose to jump start your metabolism, I love the stuff now I never had it in coffee or on bread, so you say that is good? I might have to try it on some Ezkiel bread and see how I like it, I love cooking with it, and since I am back to LC today I made a OMM this morning with PB and CO instead of butter, I do think it helps to keep you full, man that is one thing being back on VLC I am amazed how full fat makes you feel!
Old 09-12-2011, 09:36 AM   #95
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: stilldews
WOE: Keto Diet
Faithful, you're in the 160's! Way to go! I like coconut oil too but am sticking with low fat Dukan for now, so not using it. I did try using 1-2 Tb a day on low carb, but did not really feel it made a difference for me. Maybe your body is letting you know it really needs that extra good fat.

Amber, have you switched from Dukan to low carb? Any special reason why?
stilldews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 10:18 AM   #96
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bejewelme View Post
CO is really good stuff, it says it is heat healthy and suppose to jump start your metabolism, I love the stuff now I never had it in coffee or on bread, so you say that is good? I might have to try it on some Ezkiel bread and see how I like it, I love cooking with it, and since I am back to LC today I made a OMM this morning with PB and CO instead of butter, I do think it helps to keep you full, man that is one thing being back on VLC I am amazed how full fat makes you feel!
Sorry- I don't put it in my coffee- just Ezekirl toast & grab a spoon full now & then- just now discovering it! Have done other healthy oils but EVERYONE HAS TO FIND WHAT WORKS FOR THEIR BODY. Guess CO is my good fat! Will see if my son will add it to his weight loss program.

Ladies, so glad I found ya'll-didnt have anyone ro share things with and now I do... BTW- my skin is showing improvement too.... Dukan works but I really had to modify it for my bodys needs. I Love the program! Just causes me to lose to fast & @ 66 I need to use caution to not throw myself out of kilter!

Love ya'll!!!!!
Old 09-12-2011, 12:35 PM   #97
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Purrcy'smom
Stats: 216/193.5/158
WOE: Dukan and the CTFLC
Start Date: May 9, 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by iamfaithful View Post
Sorry- I don't put it in my coffee- just Ezekirl toast & grab a spoon full now & then- just now discovering it! Have done other healthy oils but EVERYONE HAS TO FIND WHAT WORKS FOR THEIR BODY. Guess CO is my good fat! Will see if my son will add it to his weight loss program.

Ladies, so glad I found ya'll-didnt have anyone ro share things with and now I do... BTW- my skin is showing improvement too.... Dukan works but I really had to modify it for my bodys needs. I Love the program! Just causes me to lose to fast & @ 66 I need to use caution to not throw myself out of kilter!

Love ya'll!!!!!
I will be doing the happy dance when I hit the 170's... 160 will be a dream come true, you are so inspiring! I bought the CO capsules..is that a bad way to get my CO in?
On another note, please say a prayer for my beloved cat Purrcy:I picked him up from his ultrasound at lunchtime today, Sadly, my Purrcy will have to go forward and have the biopsy. The ultrasound this morning showed there was no marked improvement to rule out anything. Which means a major intestinal surgery for my poor kitty. I could just put him on steroids to shrink inflammation, but that would mask any future biopsy results. I would rather find out NOW what he has, so I can rest easy that we are treating the right ailment. I hate to go months or a year making him eat terrible food he hates and not giving him the right meds if it is NOT IBD............ sigh. This is not the news I wanted. Not the worst news, but not good news either. and serious $$$ on top of it all. I am so worried about him.
Old 09-12-2011, 12:59 PM   #98

OM- Oh that is a shame about kitty, so sad when they are hurting!!! I will keep him in my prayers!!!

IM- yeah cocnut oil is good for so many things, I did my food plan for tomorrow and I am having it on toast! I love it on my skin, I put it on my arm scars, and I think that has helped way more than the expensive scar creams!
Old 09-12-2011, 04:39 PM   #99
Major LCF Poster!

Purrcy! Will remember this dificult time... Kittys are like family as are doggies.

You are so sweet... I am an old lady with a young brain. Going to continue to stay 33 for a while...my body might be catching behind to my mental age. Yeah, up to would be getting older.

I am new to the VCO/CO thing! Maybe someone here can tell you more about the capsules. Seems like an easy way. This AM I had my Ezekiel toast with solid VCO on it & a sprinkle of Truvia & generous cinnamon sprinkled on top. People say I eat weird... Maybe but body getting younger every day.

Let us know how your baby is! Gramma is still holding her own....

BeJewel- thanks - may have to use the cooking CO on my knee! I hate scars! They remind me of my weaknesses...guess that is a good thing!

Have a Bleaaed Day all!

Last edited by iamfaithful; 09-12-2011 at 04:45 PM..
Old 09-12-2011, 08:49 PM   #100
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: amazinggrace911
Stats: 190/190/150 -- 5'8"
WOE: Whatever It Takes!!!!!
Start Date: 7/30/2014
Yep, kitties are definitely part of the family! Praying for Purrcy! My one kittie -- Roleys -- has been acting up this week and smacking and hissing at her siblings. Finally figured out last night that she's been doing this since I started working and she's not getting enough attention. lol. They're all spoiled!

Lost 1.4 pounds this past week. Now 209.4. I'm off for a few days so I'll be on the computer more. don't have to go back to work till Thursday night!
amazinggrace911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 09:00 PM   #101
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: becksterinindy
Got through the day but must admit I didn't want to I was back up to 207 this morning so time to put a stop to eating carbs. Tomorrow is another day..... tomorrow.... tomorrow.....
becksterinindy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 11:45 PM   #102
Major LCF Poster!

Lensie, proud of the loss this week!
Every ounce is a winner!
Old 09-13-2011, 06:00 AM   #103
Senior LCF Member

Will be praying for Purrcy. I have 4 cats and know how special each one is. So far my weight is up this week after only going down one last week. Just going to keep doing what I'm doing and have faith that the plan will work in time. Feeling good and lots of energy. Have had little Ella out walking for at least 50 minutes a day everyday. She likes the walking part of the plan just fine!

Becky, go with a few days of Attack and you'll get back into ketosis and in control again. I'm taking my family to a buffet place for lunch and hope I can resist everything except protein and veggies.
Old 09-13-2011, 06:29 AM   #104

I had the toast with coconut oil, OMG it was so yummy, I did exactly that, sprinkled with a little cinnamon and splenda, yummmm!!!!

Becky you can do it, I know Vegas will be bad for me too, so I want to see that 198 before I go cause then I know I have work to do when I get back, LOL

Purcy- saying kitty prayers!
Old 09-13-2011, 09:31 AM   #105
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: spydermonkey511
Poor kitty. They are like family.

Down a little today ,but going to a bible study tonight where they will have food so I guess I will make this a PV day and do PP tomorrow.
spydermonkey511 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 10:28 AM   #106
Major LCF Poster!

BeJewel- I don't know how I discovered toast, cinnamon + sweetner ut It is my favorite now! Who knew! I just have to let my toast cool so the VCO doesn't get runny. I try for 2tsp/slice. I imagine I was thinking butter or margarine was just FAT! Well why not the soft/solid form of good tasting VCO? Hmm a new butter? Glad you liked it!

Spyder, Lensie, Becky, Stilldews, a EVERYONE ELSE! - keep on keeping on. I told my son several times - just KEEP eating right... When stressors are over you will normalize... So ladies, stress causes the body to go into flight mode & it WILL NOT RELEASE pounds! Eat right, enjoy life, don't feel guilty for the ups & the downs will follow. We are not in a race with ourselves or others... Just after a HEALTHIER US!

I play with a kitty every morning on a little "pooper scooper" job I have an hour each morning... I think of Purrcy every day... A I remember Moucer my reliable mouse & squirrel killer for 18 years... That is why I play with others pets not my own! HUGGS!

TTFN!

Last edited by iamfaithful; 09-13-2011 at 10:33 AM..
Old 09-13-2011, 01:13 PM   #107
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Purrcy'smom
Stats: 216/193.5/158
WOE: Dukan and the CTFLC
Start Date: May 9, 2011
Thanks all for warm thoughts for my Purrcy. it is hard to concentrate on anything else, trying to figure out if I should get the invasive biopsy or no... sigh. Am I allowed to post his link to his catster page on here? Not sure... At the same time my Dad in FL is ailing, with leukemia.. 2 out of my 3 favorite men having issues... is a lot! Thank heavens my hubby seems to be ok: knock on wood.
I think everyone is in a strange pattern right now, the weather changing, back to school, etc.. we are all off kilter! To make life more fun, it is that TOM for me, so I won't be weighing in till next week! Lets all breathe deep and sally forth! Hugs all. and Thanks.
Purrcy'smom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 02:06 PM   #108
Senior LCF Member

Here is the White Chili Chicken recipe if anyone wants to try it. It was posted on the US Dukan facebook page. I made it in the crockpot and added a little more cumin and some Tajin Classico Seasoning.(chili peppers, salt, dehydrated lime juice)

"Laureen Horwedel's White Chicken Chilli 3lbs. skinless boneless chicken 2 medium chopped onions 3 tsp. garlic powder 2-3 cans low sodium chix broth 4 cans (4 oz.) chopped green chilies 1 tsp. salt 2 tsp. ground cumin 2 tsp. dried oregano 1 tsp. pepper 1/2 tsp. cayenne pepper 2 cups fat free sour cream 1 cup skim milk 1 tbl. corn starch In large skillet saute chicken, onion and garlic powder until chix is brown Add broth until you just cover chicken, add chilies and seasonings. Bring to a boil then reduce to low and let simmer an hour or so. Then I like to shred my chicken (just pull apart with a fork and let simmer a little longer) but some may want to cut the chicken in small chunks before browning. Remove from heat; stir in FF sour cream, skim milk and corn starch. Heat slowly to let the corn starch thicken the broth) This is heavy on the chicken side which makes up for the lack of beans but is nice to have a different flavor."
Old 09-13-2011, 05:31 PM   #109
Major LCF Poster!

Thank You! I will write this down & make this week! Well lot going on - I will make it soon!

aren't you doing Kefir or KT?
Old 09-14-2011, 07:05 AM   #110
Senior LCF Member

I am doing kefir, but have put the grains in the refrigerator for a time. Was having a hard time using it all as fast as I was making it. Really do like Greek yogurt much better.

Wed. is weigh in day for me and I ended up down a pound again for the week. 9.2 pounds in 3 weeks, so not going to complain. I just finished 3 PV days in a row, so am going to do 3PP days now and that should help. Ate out with family at a buffet place yesterday and was able to resist all the goodies they were eating. I did find plenty I could have: roast beef and roasted chicken, grilled onions, steamed cabbage and carrots and could have had salad, but was too full. Been walking at least 50 minutes a day or more. The weather is perfect for getting out and I want to take advantage of it.

Hope everyone has a great week!
Old 09-14-2011, 09:15 AM   #111

SD- great job!!!!
Old 09-14-2011, 11:28 AM   #112
Senior LCF Member

Went shopping and bought some size 14 jeans that fit well. Not bad when I think about the size 24's that I wore a few years ago.
Old 09-14-2011, 05:06 PM   #113
Major LCF Poster!

My 16s look like clown pants & the 14s look that bad too... But since winter is round the bend & I gave away all my XL & L sweats I will spend my $s there & see if I can fit into the 12s & M that I bought on sale last summer! That was hope in action! I still have a pair of coulottes I bought @ a resale store 15 years ago. They never fit, are out of style but I WILL WEAR THEM AT LEAST ONCE qhen I can get into them! Just because I can & have waited so long for them to fit!

Everyone is doing so well. Pat yourself on the back & go eat a steak!
Old 09-14-2011, 06:36 PM   #114

There is no greater joy then seeing sizes go down!!!! It is just the best feeling!!!
Old 09-15-2011, 10:38 AM   #115
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: tjglc
Stats: 288/262.2/183
WOE: dukan
Start Date: 09-06-11
just thought i'd join here , i started dukan on 9-6-11 and so far am down 7.8lbs really seems very easy to do I really looked forward to the first day i could add veggies though! I did 6 days of the attack phase as I have over 80lbs to loose. Now in the cruise phase and just taking one day at a time.
tjglc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011, 01:38 PM   #116
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: sinny
WOE: atkins
Start Date: L.C 11/14/2004 WW 2/13/2013
Tjglc wow that is great. It really does seem to work well.

I got off plan for a while and have been struggling to get back on plan,but being almost on plan I am back down to 269. If I was just true to this program imagine where I would be.

I can't wait to get into another size,or at least fit in 1 size. MY 22 pair of pants I have gets baggy,but all my other 22's are too tight. They fit for a couple hours. lol

SD that recipe looks really good. I can't wait to try it.

Becky sounds like you had a great time in vegas. Bob keeps saying I should have gone with you. You live it up a little more then we do. It would be nice to be pampered. Hope you have been able to get back on track . You have come so far.

WW 2/13 (281.4) 2/14 (268)
sinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011, 02:43 PM   #117
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: becksterinindy
sinny I am struggling and cheating but keep trying OMG look at the new smileys!! I had to use the Elvis dude OK I need to quit playing with these smileys I keep looking for a way to get back to Vegas!! Teresa is doing good on plan right now. Wish I could Let's try to do it Cindy..... tell Bob 60 pound reward is a trip to Vegas baby!!

tjglc. PV days are great but I must admit I have to do them on eVen days or I forget if it is a PP or a PV day.
Old 09-15-2011, 04:09 PM   #118
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjglc View Post
just thought i'd join here , i started dukan on 9-6-11 and so far am down 7.8lbs really seems very easy to do I really looked forward to the first day i could add veggies though! I did 6 days of the attack phase as I have over 80lbs to loose. Now in the cruise phase and just taking one day at a time.
We are always glad to have some one else the praises of our triumphs! over your loss! This is one place where you will NEVER hear "Sorry about your loss"!

Is what we do here!
Old 09-15-2011, 06:39 PM   #119

I want him to marry us, LOL

WOW they did get cool ones

Still trying to get these darn 5 pounds off, all this working out I am dead why wont the darn scale move

Becky get back on the wagon you are letting Dukie Down
Old 09-15-2011, 10:51 PM   #120
Senior LCF Member

Welcome tjglc! I am on 3rd week of cruise and am finding it easy so far. The weight loss has slowed down this last couple weeks, but if you read the book, that is not unusual the first few week on cruise. It really seems to work for so many people.

Don't get discouraged Bejewelme. You have done so well, you're body may just be telling you it needs a little break and then will get moving again.