Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Other Plans
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-08-2011, 11:00 AM   #61
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: becksterinindy
WTG stilldews
becksterinindy is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 09-08-2011, 12:50 PM   #62
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: amazinggrace911
Stats: 190/190/150 -- 5'8"
WOE: Whatever It Takes!!!!!
Start Date: 7/30/2014
180's!! Fantastic!!

I know what you mean about the water in basements. We only have about a 30% chance of rain for the rest of the week. I'm sure we'll get some, but not too much.

Last night was my first night at work. ended up being on the computer all night. I was okay till about 5 this morning and my eyes started bugging me. and then the computer froze. so much fun! lol. I'll probably be on the computer again tonight. They have too many learning modules to do. Lots more than last time I worked there!

Hope everyone is doing good and staying on plan! Or getting back on plan like me. lol
Old 09-08-2011, 01:12 PM   #63
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: spydermonkey511
There are two more storms out there now.... just something else to worry about lol
spydermonkey511 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 03:01 PM   #64
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Purrcy'smom
Stats: 216/193.5/158
WOE: Dukan and the CTFLC
Start Date: May 9, 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by stilldews View Post
Finally hit the 180's. 188.4 this morning.

It's very cool here now too and I love it. Out to dig and divide some daylilies now.
Girl, I am gonna die of happiness when I see a 18* in front of my number! That is awesome!
Welcome to the newcomers!
Purrcy'smom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 03:06 PM   #65
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamfaithful View Post
Hi there Iamfaithful! I really appreciate all the info you sent! I plan to look more into this- I guess what I have to ask is, I would love to attempt to *culture* my own kefir but I think I need to study up on it first.. what kind if equipment do you need? or do you just pop a jar in the fridge? LOL
Also, the kombucha tea- I have bought it premade, and it was very fizzy. Is that normal?
Thank you again for taking the time to share all the info.. I may just turn up in the other thread. I am sorry it took me so long to see your post, my father is quite ill so my visits here lately and in the near future are at best sporadic.... I feel each time I log in there are more and more new *faces* and whole lifetimes of convo I have missed... so I apologize everyone if I seem like a lurker lately....
hugs, Laure ( Purrcy'smom)

WK basically all you need is a quart jar or two, rubber band, breathable material (NOT CHEESE CLOTH) sugar, water & a plastic strainer NO METAL~ 24 to 48 hours and you have your drink!

MK is the same as above but omit the sugar & water and use milk (it has sugar in it).

Culturing kefir temps should be in the low 70s upper 60s. The grains like it cooler...

EVERYONE & ANYONE IS WELCOMED OVER TO THE KEFIR & KOMBUCH THREADS.... THE MORE THE MERRIER! We have this habit of "gifting" for the postage when we have extras to give.

Kombucha is a tad more involved but if I can do it ANYONE CAN!

Need one or more gallon jars (old pickle jars work well but any large GLASS container will do), tea, sugar, water, rubber band, and breathable cloth (NOT CHEESE CLOTH)

Basically, brew a strong tea of 6-8 tea bags, add 1 cup sugar, add water to 3 quarts in a gallon jar & be sure it is room temp. Add the SCOBY and starter tea. Let it ferment for 10~20 days depending on the temperature... KT likes temps of 75-85 degrees. Strain and bottle NO PLASTIC... this is it in a nut shell...

Like I said - it is so simple an old lady like me can do it.... I was afraid to try it when I first saw the instructions, but then I went to the University of YouTube and saw all the "strange" people making it so I knew I could. Might want to check out videos of both Kombuch & Kefir... they are so much fun. Kombucha Kamp also has wonderful information & discussion board on falvoring etc.

I have three 1 gallon brewers and a 2.7 gal continuous brewer. I am putting some up for winter when it will be too cool to brew fast even for my CB. May buy a warmer for it. KT and the other ferments have dramatically changed my health. Still have muscle pain/stiffness but my stamina is incredible compared to the barely 1 hour last March.

I forgot to mention that we use filtered or spring water as grains & SCOBYs dont like chlorine!

I am sitting with grandma (92)... she is in her closing hours so I understand the struggle of caring for someone that is in ill health. Bless you for what you are doing... you will be rewarded!

I cant post picts here because I have to borrow a computer when I am here & only have my phone at home. But I post picts of all my "experiments" on FB... find me there & let me know you are from LCF ~ faithful to Jesus

stilldews : This week is discouraging for me. After losing so well on attack, I have put back on a pound after 2 PV and 2PP days. Know that's probably just water balancing back out after doing so much shifting the first week, but I'd sure like to see that scale dip beneath 190.

Dont get discouraged! It was a long time even during the attack stage I even noticed a change... then it went to 1lb a day and I had to stabalize for health reasons. I realized too much going on right not to concentrate on a continued loss so I am content with stabalization right now... when things get better I will go back to what I know works and that is this Dukan eating program! So keep up the good work! It will come.....
Dear Iamfaithful: thinking of you and your grandma.I am happy you get to be with your grandma- they are so special. My grandma was my most beloved purrson ever- every day I miss her- but I am so grateful I had her till she turned 89....I lost her, then my beloved cat Nellie at age 17- I had her since a tiny baby- so I like to Picture Nellie ( with me in my avatar) curled on my Grandma's lap with a warm ray of sun streaming in- till I get to see them again! You know we will one day! XOXOXO
Old 09-08-2011, 05:04 PM   #66
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Bejewelme
Stats: 350+/221.4/198 (5'10)
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: restarted 9/27/2010
Stilldews congrats that is freaking awesome!!!

Purcy- I am so close to my Gram, she turns 90 next month she is going downhill fast, we treasure each moment with her, she is like my Mom, she raised me until I was 7, we are so close and my son just adores her, she is such a trooper!
Bejewelme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 02:13 AM   #67
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: stilldews
WOE: Keto Diet
Just want to thank the person that mentioned the new MHP protein pudding. It's just the treat I need to get me through my nights at work. I used to eat lots of the Stallone pudding before they stopped making it. This is even better. Hope they come out with some more flavors.

Last edited by stilldews; 09-09-2011 at 02:24 AM..
stilldews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 04:45 AM   #68
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: honeysock
Stats: 211.5/211/150
WOE: low-carb/SB
Start Date: first time on lowcarb: 1972! (I was 13 : ) )
Just jumpin' in here to say hi! I haven't been on these boards in FOREVER, but I started Dukan yesterday and know I'll find all kinds of useful info/support here. Going now to see how old my stats in my sig are . . .

. . . okay, they are REALLY old . . . updating now . . .

ETA: stilldews, just now saw your Japanese Chin in your avatar, so cute! Could be identical twins with my little Yogi.

Last edited by honeysock; 09-09-2011 at 04:54 AM..
honeysock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 07:14 AM   #69
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Palmetto0208
Stats: 226/192.6/165
WOE: low carb
Start Date: Sept. 2009/ Restart (Dukan): Aug. 11, 2011
I'm so dang sick of bounching around on the scale! Down to 189.7 this morning though, after going from 189.9 last Sunday morning to 194 on Tuesday. Blah!

I told the fella today, we will only have 2 meals out this weekend. Hoping that helps keep the number low. I'm making white chicken chili tomorrow (I've got fall fever, even though it's 85 degrees; hopefully this will cure of me of my desire to make chili, but won't taste like chili.) and have a specific grocery list to get us through the weekend. I need to be down to 185 by month's end to be on target to achieve my goals. It's taking me a long time to shed each pound this time around, so I've got to stick with it!
Palmetto0208 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 07:16 AM   #70
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: spydermonkey511
Down 5.2 from yesterday, but I had been off track and got back on the wagon. Guess I had lots of water.
spydermonkey511 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 07:17 AM   #71

Stilldews that was probably me on the MHP, I know I loved the Stallone and this is even better, I make it really cold, it is a lot to get down, and so filling!!!!!! Gosh I would love to see tapicoa or butterscotch pudding!!!!! If I get lower than 6 cans I get nervous!!! LOL
Old 09-09-2011, 11:05 AM   #72
Senior LCF Member

Someplace I saw Vanilla Cream mentioned, but they didn't have it for sale yet. That would be good cause we could add lots of flavors to it.

Sally, I loved to see a photo of Yogi. Ella is the only Japanese Chin I've seen in person. She is delightful and really a good puppy. Just turned one year old the end of Aug. Do you belong to the Japanese Chin forum?

Palmetto0208, the bounching around thing bothers me too. Once I read that you should get weighed daily, then take the average of your 7 weights for the week and call that your weight for that week. Then compare that average from week to week. I've been eating white chili chicken all week. Did you get the recipe from facebook Dukan? I used that one and it was good. Next time I may add some muchrooms.

spydermonkey511 looks like you are doing really well for not having a lot to lose. Hope that 5 pounds stays lost!
Old 09-09-2011, 11:30 AM   #73
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: honeysock
Stats: 211.5/211/150
WOE: low-carb/SB
Start Date: first time on lowcarb: 1972! (I was 13 : ) )
Hi stilldews,

Here's a picture of Yogi. Japanese Chins are so sweet-natured and quiet and easy to keep, I don't know why they're not more popular. I'd never heard of them until we adopted Yogi.

And now, must keep that sudden white chili craving at bay for a few more days, until the Cruise phase . . .
honeysock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 02:11 PM   #74

Girls went to my doc although not quite at her goal, she was shocked and amazed and so proud she asked me to speak at a weight loss seminar they run, she declared me the picture of health, great blood work and said I am fit and healthy and she said dont sweat the BMI, she said with all the exercise and stuff you are plenty healthy, that made me feel good! I said no more obesity diagnosis codes, she said absolutely not, my cholesterol was 127 I said imagine that when I ate butter and bacon for 9 months straight, LOL
Old 09-09-2011, 02:41 PM   #75
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bejewelme View Post
Stilldews congrats that is freaking awesome!!!

Purcy- I am so close to my Gram, she turns 90 next month she is going downhill fast, we treasure each moment with her, she is like my Mom, she raised me until I was 7, we are so close and my son just adores her, she is such a trooper!
Bejewelme: I will hold you in my thoughts and prayers too. I knowhow you feel, I never got too close to my mom and lived with my grand mother from 15 or so... I am so happy she is going to be 90!!!!!!!! that is a good long life! Think of the things our grandmothers have seen- the changes in this century...
Old 09-09-2011, 02:42 PM   #76
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by honeysock View Post
Hi stilldews,

Here's a picture of Yogi. Japanese Chins are so sweet-natured and quiet and easy to keep, I don't know why they're not more popular. I'd never heard of them until we adopted Yogi.

And now, must keep that sudden white chili craving at bay for a few more days, until the Cruise phase . . .
AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW! what a cute puppeh! maybe make your white chili with the shirataki noodles instead of beans????
Old 09-09-2011, 02:44 PM   #77
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Girls went to my doc although not quite at her goal, she was shocked and amazed and so proud she asked me to speak at a weight loss seminar they run, she declared me the picture of health, great blood work and said I am fit and healthy and she said dont sweat the BMI, she said with all the exercise and stuff you are plenty healthy, that made me feel good! I said no more obesity diagnosis codes, she said absolutely not, my cholesterol was 127 I said imagine that when I ate butter and bacon for 9 months straight, LOL
isnt that the truth? WTG Bejewelme!
Old 09-09-2011, 02:45 PM   #78
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palmetto0208 View Post
I'm so dang sick of bounching around on the scale! Down to 189.7 this morning though, after going from 189.9 last Sunday morning to 194 on Tuesday. Blah!

I told the fella today, we will only have 2 meals out this weekend. Hoping that helps keep the number low. I'm making white chicken chili tomorrow (I've got fall fever, even though it's 85 degrees; hopefully this will cure of me of my desire to make chili, but won't taste like chili.) and have a specific grocery list to get us through the weekend. I need to be down to 185 by month's end to be on target to achieve my goals. It's taking me a long time to shed each pound this time around, so I've got to stick with it!
Tell us about this chilli recipe? Where can I find it? thanks!!!! Now you have me craving it too, LOL!
Old 09-09-2011, 02:46 PM   #79
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by honeysock View Post
Just jumpin' in here to say hi! I haven't been on these boards in FOREVER, but I started Dukan yesterday and know I'll find all kinds of useful info/support here. Going now to see how old my stats in my sig are . . .

. . . okay, they are REALLY old . . . updating now . . .

ETA: stilldews, just now saw your Japanese Chin in your avatar, so cute! Could be identical twins with my little Yogi.
Welcome Honeysock- like I mentioned before, we really like losers here!
Old 09-11-2011, 12:43 AM   #80
Senior LCF Member

Yogi looks like a sweetheart. Glad he found a good home with you. Ella is just the best little thing.

I will try to find the white chili chicken recipe when I get home from work.
Old 09-11-2011, 04:14 AM   #81

I had a big moment yesterday which is why I am trying not to care about the number on the scale, I got boots in a store!!! My calves were so huge I always had to order plus size boots with wide calves! So yesterday we were all at Target and I thought well what the heck I will give it a go, and OMG they fit, so I tried on every boot they had and they all fit! Bobby my son was yelling for Tony, he is like look Mom can wear boots!!! LOL, SO I told Tony I wanted thigh high black boots for Vegas, so I ordered some, I am praying they fit!!! I am a shoe ho, I love shoes and boots, and being fat they were at least the one thing that always fit, and now to buy regular old boots in the store is quite exciting!!!!!
Old 09-11-2011, 05:12 AM   #82
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: iamfaithful
Hi Just a quick pop in!

Everyone is doing so well. Keep on going!

Don't worry about the "bumps" in the scale ~ every living day has them... It is how we respond (not react) to them that makes us the people we will become ~ OVERCOMERS!

They are here (not just on the scale) to make us better people! Even rises in the scale can make us "better" or "bitter". It can make us discouraged, angry with ourselves, more loving & forgiving, more determined, or.....(You fill in your answer here.) When I relax & accept me for who I am, I can handle the s & s with a because we know who we are inside. We know every day is new & is a ed moment into a new life! When we are stressed about the "bumps" it makes it more difficult to be "loosers" (winners).

So much for a pep talk! I needed that! .6lb til I see 16?... Must be the coconut oil I started because I haven't done anything different!

Gramma still here! Barely but weaker daily. She never had a child & the few of us taking care of her now "adopted" her 20+ years ago. She is my grand kids great gramma & my sons gramma & my best friend. So precious...I really know why my grandaughter (9) cries when she had to leave me. She doesn't know the whole family is moving back to the old homested in a
few months for a few years. They need to recover financially. It will be crowded & I am so Blessed! All the grankids & grsndog will be thrilled; they love it out here in the country & this old lady will be tired & Blessed!

Toodles!
iamfaithful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 05:15 AM   #83
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: iamfaithful
Quote:
I had a big moment yesterday which is why I am trying not to care about the number on the scale, I got boots in a store!!! My calves were so huge I always had to order plus size boots with wide calves! So yesterday we were all at Target and I thought well what the heck I will give it a go, and OMG they fit, so I tried on every boot they had and they all fit! Bobby my son was yelling for Tony, he is like look Mom can wear boots!!! LOL, SO I told Tony I wanted thigh high black boots for Vegas, so I ordered some, I am praying they fit!!! I am a shoe ho, I love shoes and boots, and being fat they were at least the one thing that always fit, and now to buy regular old boots in the store is quite exciting!!!!!

YOU GO GIRL!
iamfaithful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 06:35 AM   #84

There is nothing like being a Grandma, I love mine and my Mom is a good Grandma to my son, Happy Grandparents Day by the way!!!! My Mom and Gram and aunt and uncle are coming for Bobby's first baseball game of Fall Ball, he is sick as a dog with allergies, I feel so bad but he wants to play, loading them up now to go to the track we have the one mile race next weekend! LOL The Nun Run, a run for the sisters at the convent, I figured I better do my first race there in case I croak, LOL
Old 09-11-2011, 10:24 AM   #85
Big Yapper!!!!

spyder talk about a woosh!! Over 5 pounds in a day!! Amazing Are you sleeping better?

Amber you are ready to kick butt..... with boots on and all Your doctor is right. What you have accomplished is beyond awesome

I have one more day to get out of my system then I plan to be back on Dukan tomorrow but I am sure not feeling it
Old 09-11-2011, 05:59 PM   #86

Well I improved my time today 12:03 ughgg I was running it in 13:40 so that seemed huge but still have to shave more, I was really dying toward the end but my son made me kick it in, we are running everynight this week I am going to keep timing and hope for the best!

My Gram came today to see Bobby's game so it was nice I could be with her alone some, I said Nan tell me I am special I am your first grandchild, LOL She always tells me I am the fav, but you know we take 2nd place once we give them, great grandchildren!!!!! Grams are special!! I am glad they had their day today even if it was 9/11!!!!
Old 09-11-2011, 07:14 PM   #87
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: sinny
WOE: atkins
Start Date: L.C 11/14/2004 WW 2/13/2013
spyder 5lbs thats fantastic.

Amber what a wonderful feeling that must be. You have done so well. These milestones keep ya going.

faithful bless you and your family. Gramma's are the greatest.

Becky glad you are starting back. I need to get going again. I went to a clam bake the other day and there were people I didn't even recognize from last year .They had lost so much weight. I felt like a moose.
sinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 07:36 PM   #88
Big Yapper!!!!

sinny let's kick some butt You can DO this!!! Where is Phaedra and her "nothing tastes as good as thin feels"
Old 09-11-2011, 09:04 PM   #89
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
I am actually shedding a tear of happiness for you- I know how this is huge- I have never been able to get boots either, and this is a major achievement- you must feel on top of the world, and rightly so!
Old 09-11-2011, 11:40 PM   #90
Senior LCF Member

The boot thing got me too. Congratulations! Happy boot shopping.

Spyder, great to hear about the 5 pounds.

Becky, hope you can get restarted soon.

Faithful, your grandma sounds like a wonderful woman and so lucky to have been adopted by your family.