Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Other Plans
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-26-2011, 11:37 AM   #271
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Bejewelme
Stats: 350+/221.4/198 (5'10)
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: restarted 9/27/2010
Oh girls, I was sooooooooooooooo bad, last Monday I weighed 201.8 what did I weigh this Monday? Are you ready?

211, yes 211, 10 pounds of pure carb bloat, yesterday's Eagles game turned into an eating frenzy not good at all!! The lady I work with said I am afraid to claim success so I sabotage myself, I don't know if that is the case or not, but man I could have cried this morning, I blow up like blow fish I swear! Now in my head I know I did not eat 35,000 calories which equals 10 pounds so its bloat, but oh Lord, I was ticked!

So now it is VLC and I mean LC I am going to struggle with the 'e' but now I can't mess around, I have 10 days til we leave, and this was a good lesson for when I get to Vegas, holy crap I could gain 20 pounds in 4 days and not even fit in my darn dress that was just altered, ughghg

So back on track today, sort of doing Dukie style and trying to keep it low carb and low fat, Dukie would so not be proud, LOL I can taste the ketosis breath kicking me, my workout will be hard tonight, that is the part I hate not eating carbs I do like to push the workouts, but this is what I get, I did it to myself, Tony kept looking at me like you are eating that too? Sometimes I swear I think I do it just be be obstinate or something and then who does it tick off, me!!!!

Sponsored Links
Old 09-26-2011, 12:50 PM   #272
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Purrcy'smom
Stats: 216/193.5/158
WOE: Dukan and the CTFLC
Start Date: May 9, 2011
Hey I have a side topic question- I have noted in some of the prior threads folks talking about Aldi's crab or crab sticks, and mentioning that they were ok for us to have. Any of the ones I have found at Aldi's all have like 11 or 14 carbs... please, I love the crab ( imitation crab meat!) and wonder, isn't that too high for us? Please let me know the reason why it is ok?
Purrcy'smom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 01:28 PM   #273
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: sinny
WOE: atkins
Start Date: 11/14/2004 new 10/9/12
Maybe if I'd run across the state, I'd lose lots more weight!!!
You don't know how many times I just wanted to run out the door and walk uuntil all my weight came off.(can't run) I followed the guy who attempted to walk across country. I wonder what happened to him?

I can't even get time to walk to my sons which is less then a mile down the road. When I do have time ,I have no energy.

I had a real bad day yesterday ,GD birthday party. It seems once I have a few carbs I want to pig out all day. I really have to work on not pigging out when I have something not on plan. I just get this feeling that I should get everything in and start back the next day. I keep losing the same lbs over and over.

Becky I am so proud of you. Seems you have found your nitch in Dukan. Glad you are going to have a partner in this journey.

Amber since it was just yesterday that you had the eating frenzy it is mostly water. You are right behind Becky I am sure you will get there. I admire how you are able to do so much exersize... I am with Beck on that.

Well I am going to go back and try to find the cheescake recipe.I need a sweet now and then

10/3/12 .................................................. ...............1/3/13
LC(283) a shocking day 11/3(275.8) 12/3(269.6)...(274.4)2/3(271.4)
WW-2/20(281.4)3/20(268.3)4/20(264.2)5/20(257)
sinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 04:53 PM   #274
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: amazinggrace911
Stats: 190/190/150 -- 5'8"
WOE: Whatever It Takes!!!!!
Start Date: 7/30/2014
amber, you know that's going to come right back off. I know it's discouraging to see, but you can do it!

I finally have a new low - 207.6! Lost a pound this past week. Though I was actually up to 211 on Friday, so I did good over the weekend. I'd love to be at 205 by next Monday. I know it can be done, but whether I stick with plan or not is another story!

Congratulations on the new low Becky! glad you were able to get back on track.

We went out for dinner tonight and I had liver and onions along with two eggs over easy. Tasted good. Going to take some lunch meat, cheese and yogurt for lunch tonight. And some slim jims for snacks in case I get hungry. And a big container of water to drink! I know the cheese is okay on Dukan, but it helps me at night to fill me up.

Hope everyone is relaxing and enjoying their evening!
Old 09-26-2011, 04:55 PM   #275
Senior LCF Member

cheesecake recipe?? yumm!!!
amazinggrace911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 06:59 PM   #276
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: iamfaithful
Amber you know that is water from all the salt! Hang in there!

Lensie & Becky great going!

Cindy, one of the biggest downfalls for any of us is to say "Well, I blew (fell off the wagon) it already so I MIGHT AS WELL......." you fill in the dots.

When we catch ourselves saying it we need to add for the
........ CLIMB BACK UP INto THE SADDLE & Continue the ride!"

Life is too short to be angry with ourselves! Forgive, Love & Don't Throw Your Hands Up In The Air For The Day! WE CAN START OVER ANY MOMENT OF THE DAY WE CHOOSE TO!

PROUD OF YOU ALL! You inspire me to keep giing! Didn't have that befor we met! Huggs!
iamfaithful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 05:19 AM   #277
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: stilldews
WOE: Dukan
Amber, Cindy and anyone else having a few bad days, just remember you can take those extra pounds off with just a few days of PP. The secret is to catch it when it's 10 pounds, not 30. We all slip up and have bad days, but if we make sure the good ones outdo the bad ones, we will make progress.

I havne't found any low carb crab sticks either. Wonder if they are different in France? Let me know if anyone finds some.
stilldews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 05:44 AM   #278

Girls- I am getting a job in Vegas at the freak show, so yesterday 211.8, this morning, 204.4

7.5 pounds of pure bloat off? Where the heck is that hiding that is as much as a gallon of water weighs, WTH? I said I am the human sponge, maybe cause I have so many flattened fat cells they just swell up thinking they are going to get used again? It is so disturbing to me, but 198 is coming by next Tuesday even if it means hacking a few fingers or toes, LOL
Bejewelme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 09:12 AM   #279
Major LCF Poster!

You need the toes & fingers! Just watch your sodium untake! Sound a little more like the real you !
Old 09-27-2011, 11:52 AM   #280

LOL Yeah I was nuts up!!! I was like holy crap all that water, it was a tough day at my company HQ, everyone was like OMG you lost so much weight, tough listening to it all------------NOT!!! Gave me the resolve I needed this week! People are supportive and that is nice when people recognize the hard work, even people I didnt know that well were stopping me and they were like Amber? Like they didnt know me, so that made me feel good!
Got some new running shoes to break in tonight, it is so hot here today, yuk!
Old 09-27-2011, 01:07 PM   #281
Senior LCF Member

Amber, I bet you felt much better this morning when you saw that number!!!

I am 206.8 today!!! Yahoo!! One more pound and I'll have lost 25 pounds. I'm thankful I have started losing again!!

Need to figure out something for dinner. Got some ground beef out but not sure if I want to make chili or tacos. Guess I need to see what else I have in the fridge to make either of those. lol
Old 09-28-2011, 05:55 AM   #282
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: miss.amaryllis
Stats: 10st 2lbs - ideal 8st 12 lbs, now 8st 3lbs
WOE: The Dukan Diet
Start Date: 2nd June 2011
Scream, scream!! But it works....

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamfaithful View Post

Scale will drop! Drink plenty of fluids & don't stress about no/slow loss. Stress is a killer of weight loss...it puts your body in fiht or flight mode & that is defensive; it will hold on to all it's resources. & remember if you are building muscle it weighs more than fat cells.

The scale for me didn't move for a month then Bam (for me) it left & I had to immediately stabalize as a # a day for this old body with only maybe 20 more to to was detrimental to my health.

Something I found EXTREMELY helpful was getting my colon healthy. PM me & I can give yyou some Kefir grains that really do the trick! Drink milk & water kefir every day! Google it, I gift the grains for postage. Anyone can message me if they want some... Not just Helen.
There is a really useful tip towards the end of the book in the "Major Obesity" chapter if your weight is stagnating. Dr Dukan says that if you want to burn an extra 100 calories a day, cool your body in a cold(ish) shower for two minutes. The body needs those 100 calories to warm your body back to 37degrees Centigrade!

Now I found it torture. I'm a chilly person and hate the cold. My language as I hopped up and down beneath the cold water was shameful. But after two days, I'd lost a pound and my stagnation! "Make the cold your friend"! Horrors. But it worked. It's an interesting chapter to read.

I must look up Kefir. Is it a fermented milk mixture? It sounds very healthy.
miss.amaryllis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 05:58 AM   #283

I saw that and tried it, I hate freezing water, I love the part where he says spray your arm pits and genital with freezing water, LOL And sucking ice cubes, I swear I ruin my teeth chomping on ice all day long, LOL

204 this morning, 7.8 pounds of water off that is crazy!
Old 09-28-2011, 03:03 PM   #284
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by miss.amaryllis View Post
There is a really useful tip towards the end of the book in the "Major Obesity" chapter if your weight is stagnating. Dr Dukan says that if you want to burn an extra 100 calories a day, cool your body in a cold(ish) shower for two minutes. The body needs those 100 calories to warm your body back to 37degrees Centigrade!

Now I found it torture. I'm a chilly person and hate the cold. My language as I hopped up and down beneath the cold water was shameful. But after two days, I'd lost a pound and my stagnation! "Make the cold your friend"! Horrors. But it worked. It's an interesting chapter to read.

I must look up Kefir. Is it a fermented milk mixture? It sounds very healthy.
The cold showers & ice cubes were an interesting concept. I remember reading about them. However, I give you kudos for doing it & am happy it was successful for you. Cold sends my body into spasms ( the FM I have been fighting for 24+years) So, take a cold one for me!

Kefir is fermented in milk or water.. I have cultures for either. Interested? We have a Kefir & Kombucha forum under organic eating...welcomed to join us there

Last edited by iamfaithful; 09-28-2011 at 03:06 PM..
Old 09-28-2011, 11:40 PM   #285
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: miss.amaryllis
Stats: 10st 2lbs - ideal 8st 12 lbs, now 8st 3lbs
WOE: The Dukan Diet
Start Date: 2nd June 2011
Hey, iamfaithful, just popping over to the Organic bit... I'm intrigued! Thank you!

Sorry to mention the cold shower thing when it makes you ill. I wouldn't have, honestly, if I'd known...
miss.amaryllis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 07:38 AM   #286
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: spydermonkey511
wow 7.8 lbs that is wonderful! yall are right about getting back on the horse , but I seem to fall off way too often. I did so well for months and recenlty I jsut can't make myself get back on track. doing good so far today so we will see any stress seems to hinder progress.
spydermonkey511 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 07:55 AM   #287
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: becksterinindy
194 today Weighed twice. I usually weigh 3 times when I can't believe it but didn't want to push it I can't believe I am so close to 180's!

Amber it is almost October Can't wait to see a million pictures! Do you have an online album we will be able to access?

Phaedra now where did you get to again?
becksterinindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 08:22 AM   #288
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by becksterinindy View Post
194 today Weighed twice. I usually weigh 3 times when I can't believe it but didn't want to push it I can't believe I am so close to 180's!

Amber it is almost October Can't wait to see a million pictures! Do you have an online album we will be able to access?

Phaedra now where did you get to again?
wahooo come on 180's
Old 09-29-2011, 02:12 PM   #289
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: michigander
Stats: 180/175/154
Start Date: September 2011
Hi everyone: I cannot believe it has been a week since I posted. I felt so lousy that even getting on the computer sounded like too much....but....I am feeling better this week. Tomorrow, it will be 2 weeks on Dukan (I should say, "modified Dukan). I have lost 7.2# which I am happy with...but 6.5# of that came off the first week. Still, it is nice to see the bloat in my tummy go down a bit.

Blondey...I "hear ya." I, too, am still have trouble with constipation. I take the stool softener and magnesium (when I remember). I know I am not getting enough water in....I finally started using the oat bran this week (the thought of breakfasts usually nauseate me)...so hoping that might be the answer. Still, I tell myself that this "back up" is not as bad as I had on the Ideal Protein diet...I had to take a laxative every week (before weighin) just to go once.

Iamfaithful...I battle this stupid fibro every day. This summer has been worse for me. They no longer make the pain killers I was using...and it has been a struggle to find one that doesn't leave me in perpetual "fibro fog."

I guess I am saying "modified" -- because I just can't think of things to eat at dinner without a veggie. SO -- I have been having a small amount of veggies every day but still keeping everything as low fat/no fat as I can. I do switch up the proteins, and I do eat the dairy every day. The past few days, I just have not been hungry and have had to force myself to eat (who would have thought??).

Anyways, I am pleased with the 7.2# (I keep telling myself it is all water) loss...and the fact that I am feeling better...and will continue to plug away. I am eating some of the packets I had left of the Ideal Protein diet (puddings).

Everyone is doing so well on here. Amber...you crack me up!! Wow...a 16# weight loss in one day!!

denise
michigander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 02:14 PM   #290
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: michigander
Stats: 180/175/154
Start Date: September 2011
Oh wait...I just reread that....7# in one day!
michigander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 02:24 PM   #291
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamfaithful View Post
The cold showers & ice cubes were an interesting concept. I remember reading about them. However, I give you kudos for doing it & am happy it was successful for you. Cold sends my body into spasms ( the FM I have been fighting for 24+years) So, take a cold one for me!

Kefir is fermented in milk or water.. I have cultures for either. Interested? We have a Kefir & Kombucha forum under organic eating...welcomed to join us there
They have been doing that for years in Finland, take a killer hot sauna then jump in the freezing cold lake... amazing!
Old 09-29-2011, 02:26 PM   #292
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by michigander View Post
Hi everyone: I cannot believe it has been a week since I posted. I felt so lousy that even getting on the computer sounded like too much....but....I am feeling better this week. Tomorrow, it will be 2 weeks on Dukan (I should say, "modified Dukan). I have lost 7.2# which I am happy with...but 6.5# of that came off the first week. Still, it is nice to see the bloat in my tummy go down a bit.

Blondey...I "hear ya." I, too, am still have trouble with constipation. I take the stool softener and magnesium (when I remember). I know I am not getting enough water in....I finally started using the oat bran this week (the thought of breakfasts usually nauseate me)...so hoping that might be the answer. Still, I tell myself that this "back up" is not as bad as I had on the Ideal Protein diet...I had to take a laxative every week (before weighin) just to go once.

Iamfaithful...I battle this stupid fibro every day. This summer has been worse for me. They no longer make the pain killers I was using...and it has been a struggle to find one that doesn't leave me in perpetual "fibro fog."

I guess I am saying "modified" -- because I just can't think of things to eat at dinner without a veggie. SO -- I have been having a small amount of veggies every day but still keeping everything as low fat/no fat as I can. I do switch up the proteins, and I do eat the dairy every day. The past few days, I just have not been hungry and have had to force myself to eat (who would have thought??).

Anyways, I am pleased with the 7.2# (I keep telling myself it is all water) loss...and the fact that I am feeling better...and will continue to plug away. I am eating some of the packets I had left of the Ideal Protein diet (puddings).

Everyone is doing so well on here. Amber...you crack me up!! Wow...a 16# weight loss in one day!!

denise
Hey Michingander: if breakfast is not your thing, remember, you can make single serving oat bran cookies and muffins, or a savory rather than sweet pancake and wrap sausage or other cold cuts in it for a pigs in a blanket style sandwich later in the day!
Old 09-29-2011, 04:02 PM   #293

Becky I will be posting on Facebook and probably some in my journal my Gram cant come too hard on her at 90 so she wants to see everything so I will be posting for her, she said to skip the Bachelorette Party pics, LOL

I am so excited I could bust!!! I have so much to do packing wise and this weekend we have so much going on again, ughghg I feel like I am never going to be done!!!

Still doing LC and working out this week, in between the beauty stuff, LOL
Old 09-29-2011, 07:10 PM   #294
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by miss.amaryllis View Post
Hey, iamfaithful, just popping over to the Organic bit... I'm intrigued! Thank you!

Sorry to mention the cold shower thing when it makes you ill. I wouldn't have, honestly, if I'd known...
I liiked the cold shaowe comment- you should have seen me try it!
it was hysterical & my body quickly said NEVER AGAIN! But I did try it!
Old 09-29-2011, 07:16 PM   #295
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purrcy'smom View Post
They have been doing that for years in Finland, take a killer hot sauna then jump in the freezing cold lake... amazing!
I once jumped into swimming pool that had 5+" of slushy iec floating on top-it was a dare & I was young(er)
Old 09-29-2011, 07:27 PM   #296
Major LCF Poster!

Is anyone ready for an OVERCOMING OCTOBER? Obstacles get Out of Our way!

Somebody needs to start the new thread soon... I can't from my phone & please post the usual link! Huggs!

Denise, I tried to PM you but you need a few more posts. Will you email me? We have a lot in common & FM makes us sisters....
iamfaithfultojesus@gmail.com

Last edited by iamfaithful; 09-29-2011 at 07:33 PM..
Old 09-30-2011, 07:35 AM   #297
Senior LCF Member

morning ladies!
Old 09-30-2011, 07:53 AM   #298
Major LCF Poster!

morning SM!
Old 09-30-2011, 08:11 AM   #299
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: redblack
Stats: 247.8/227.0/150
Start Date: 5/05/2011
Good morning Ladies!

I will be joining you once again. I am back on plan as of tomorrow ~ Oct 1! I will be doing 3 days of the Attack phase!

I do see some new names on the thread. Hopefully I will get a chance to go through this thread and see what I have missed. I just returned from NY; sad to say my brother passed away earlier this month.

I will update my stats the next time I post. I did lose 7 lbs this past month. I guess one could say I was doing a modified DD while away. I ate a lot of Chobani Greek yogurt -- some of the flavored ones + I bought a lot of the 2 lb containers (the 0% stuff), and ate it with a squirt or two of MIO and oat bran.

Hope everyone is doing well!

redblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 02:38 PM   #300
Senior LCF Member

I like the cold shower bit -- at least during summer! Don't think i can do that during winter. Our bathroom is too cold -- so I guess that part will be my cool water.

My mother cooked tonight and my aunt and uncle came in. But I'm being good. Got a big serving of ff cottage cheese and roast. Passed up the pie and all the other goodies! Yahoo!! I think I'll take roast and yogurt for my lunch at work tonight. That sounds really good.

I like the new name, faithful! Yikes!! If I am not too tired in the morning when I get home I can start the thread, but I can't promise anything. So if someone else wants to do it, please do!!

Amber, can you post the link for your facebook page, or pm us with it. Want to see those gorgeous pictures from your wedding!! It's coming soon!!!