Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Other Plans
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-03-2011, 07:53 AM   #1
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: trlotlo
getting discouraged

I have been on this eating plan since the 16th of July. I started at 172 and I seem to be stuck at 165.8. I don't know what more to do.
Here is what I ate yesterday

Breakfast: Atkins strawberry shake 15g protein 2 grams carbs
Lunch: String Cheese Stick 1 carb
Iceberg Lettuce Leaf (2) 1 carb
Deli Fresh Turkey breast 1 serving 0 carb 13g protein

dinner: Grilled pork Tenderloin Medallions (3) 1g carb, 24g protein
bacon (wrapped around the tenderloin) 0g carbs, 6g protein
cabbage 2 cups 12 carbs 4 protein

sunflower seeds 1/4 cup if that much

What am I doing wrong? My weight is NOT going down. I am stuck at this stupid weight.
trlotlo is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 08-03-2011, 10:15 AM   #2
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: porcupine73
Stats: 208/152/150, male 5'9", 39 y/o
WOE: Cure Tooth Decay, no snacks,slow burn weights+HIIT
Start Date: January 2010
That's pretty good progress for 2-3 weeks. I think that is pretty normal. The first couple weeks usually show a pretty good loss then it tapers off for a while. It's really not a 'stall' until you haven't lost weight for a number of weeks in a row.

I'd just keep carbs as low as possible and keep going. If you are itching to try changing something up, I might drop the cabbage for example. Also I might drop the Atkins shake. It contains artificial sweeteners and colors that cause some people problems. Processed meats like deli fresh products some people have trouble with. Just clean baked chicken breast (could cook and refrigerate) might work better.

The diet is only an instrument; you have to want to use it. ... It is necessary for you to have respect for your body for you to use this tool [the Atkins' Diet]. It's the only body you'll be issued. You've got to spend the rest of your life in it. You must treat it like your greatest possession; you must become a kind of "health nut." -- Robert C. Atkins, M.D.
porcupine73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 03:07 PM   #3
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Emmaline
Are you drinking enough water?

I went through a slow down (still am) but my body continued to get smaller. I lost inches! You're doing great, I would lose the cabbage too. Stick to a lower carb veggie in a smaller amount.

It takes time, you didn't mention your age, but weight loss get slower as we age sometimes too.
Emmaline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 06:29 PM   #4
Junior LCF Member

I am 39 and yes I am drinking alot of water. I thought artificial sweetners were ok? I have been using the shakes cause I get sick of eggs and cooking all the time.
For lunch today I had a hamburger patty, on a bed of spring mix with 2 slices of tomato and a touch of ranch. For dinner I had grilled chicken breast and cauliflower mashed "potatoes" with cheese

I am 5' 3" and started at 172, now I just seem to be stuck at 165.8. Man from reading the book it sounded like weight would just fall off really fast. How can I tell if I am still in Ketosis?
Old 08-06-2011, 04:15 AM   #5
Senior LCF Member

I would give it more time. You are on the right track, but in some cases the time it takes for the body to respond is slower in some.

It's been a couple of days, so hopefully you've been able to stick with plan. You WILL see results for your efforts!
Old 09-07-2011, 12:17 PM   #6
Junior LCF Member

ok here are my labs before PP and after

Thoughts?

4/11
LDL 132
VLDL 48
HDL 54
TRI 242
TOTAL 234

9/11

LDL 161
VLDL 17
HDL 59
TRI 86
TOTAL 237
Old 09-07-2011, 01:22 PM   #7
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: porcupine73
Stats: 208/152/150, male 5'9", 39 y/o
WOE: Cure Tooth Decay, no snacks,slow burn weights+HIIT
Start Date: January 2010
I think that looks pretty good. VLDL dropped quite a bit, which is good because those are considered bad. HDL remained about the same but I think it was pretty good before. The triglycerides are down considerably which I think means the body is clearing them out of the blood better (assuming these are all fasting tests). So overall cholesterol total remains basically unchanged but I don't think that is really a bad number at all, as the wanting it around 180 was done more to sell statin drugs than for real health since the studies behind it are weak and flawed.
porcupine73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 04:13 PM   #8
Senior LCF Member

Wow! Tri's are down a lot! Nice job.
Old 09-27-2011, 10:37 AM   #9
Junior LCF Member

Thanks guys! Any idea on why my LDL went up when everything else dropped?

My weight is doing much better. I started at 172 and I am now at 157.2

Still working on it though, not down as much as I want. My husband is doing well too. He has actually gotten off this blood pressure meds and we are going to take his cholesterol test again this week to compare it to April's test.
Old 09-27-2011, 04:43 PM   #10
Senior LCF Member

My stats actually went up. But some that are in weight loss still may be releasing fat stores into the blood to give a false reading. I'll wait 6 mos or so to recheck.

Your weight loss is good! KUTGW!
Old 07-24-2012, 05:38 AM   #11
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Carrma
Stats: 67.9 kg/67.2kg/53kg
WOE: Protein Power
Start Date: July 2012
You never added the carbs in the bacon. Yes, bacon has carbs too. You need to watch for hidden carbs in food, which can put you over your daily allowance. Also salty meats can make you retain water .... just a thought.
Carrma is offline   Reply With Quote