Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   Other Plans (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/other-plans/)
-   -   Dukan Diet -- Awesome August!! One day at a time!! (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/other-plans/730100-dukan-diet-awesome-august-one-day-time.html)

LivinLoCarb 08-01-2011 09:25 AM

Dukan Diet -- Awesome August!! One day at a time!!

Starting a new thread for August!

Here's a Dukan FAQ thread:
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/ot...-plan-fyi.html

becksterinindy 08-01-2011 09:39 AM

Thanks LivinLo. Hope August IS awesome for all:clap:

Bejewelme 08-01-2011 10:12 AM

Becky- You are a rockstar, you are doing fabulous!!!!! That is a good link you posted for newbies to read up on. My leg is I have 30 stitches where they removed a mole that came back abnormal, he said it was dysplastic abnormal cells, well he dug it deep enough so that is why I am off cardio the darn thing is still bleeding, so I cant be jumping on it, I get the stitches out on 8/10, I have been having issues with the smoking, on and off, LOL It is such a hard habit to break!!!

cloaz 08-01-2011 10:29 AM

Thanks for the new thread & good August to all!!!:hiya:

cloaz 08-01-2011 11:42 AM

No change today - guess that's a good thing!?!

becksterinindy 08-01-2011 12:38 PM

Amber:hugs::console: Just keep on keeping on!

cloaz 08-01-2011 02:24 PM

Finally found the Torani sugar free syrups - World Market!

Questions: how do you get your name to show up each time below your message? & who do I contact about having my Ticker on here?

skatyh 08-01-2011 05:35 PM

Glad to see other Dukaners here at LCF

Hi, glad to see a thread here for Dukan. I love this low carb WOE and am excited to join others here.

amazinggrace911 08-01-2011 05:56 PM

I absolutely HATE it when TOM starts on my weigh in day! I have been down at 210, and now today I'm up to 213. Yuck! And I've been so tired. Slept for three hours tonight when I got home from picking up husband after work. Slept through dinnertime! lol. So I just had some turkey and eggs for dinner a few minutes ago. Maybe this means next week I'll have a lower weigh in!

cloaz 08-01-2011 06:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by skatyh (Post 14876952)
Hi, glad to see a thread here for Dukan. I love this low carb WOE and am excited to join others here.

Welcome:welcome:
Cathy

becksterinindy 08-02-2011 05:52 AM

Weight the same today.

:welcome:skatyh How long have you been doing Dukan? We are glad to have you!

Cathy above in the blue bar click on User Control Panel then on the left click on edit signature then type Cathy or whatever you want them scroll down and click ok. As far as the ticker I don't know how but Cheri is a doll and you could PM her. I am sure she will help you. She put Amber's up.

Lenise I love it when you check in:hugs: I am sure next week's weigh in will be good for you. Glad you are still trying to work the plan. Eggs, tuna, chicken, etc are fairly cheap so just try your best:)

Bejewelme 08-02-2011 06:00 AM

Lenise the weight really flucuates this time of year, drink up stick to it and it will move!!!!!

I am seriously thinking of doing attack for a serious week, since I cant work out as hard on the cardio with the leg thing, man I would love to drop another 6 or 7 pounds again!

becksterinindy 08-02-2011 06:32 AM

Amber it would be really hard but I think you would be rewarded. Go Amber GO:high5: I'm sure that will be in order for me when I return from Vegas!

Bejewelme 08-02-2011 06:43 AM

I will see how much I lose this week and then maybe next week, 1 week strict attack, heck even 3 pounds would be great, I need to lose 1 freaking pound to be overweight, its like come on give me 208!!!!!

cloaz 08-02-2011 06:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by becksterinindy (Post 14877872)
Weight the same today.

:welcome:skatyh How long have you been doing Dukan? We are glad to have you!

Cathy above in the blue bar click on User Control Panel then on the left click on edit signature then type Cathy or whatever you want them scroll down and click ok. As far as the ticker I don't know how but Cheri is a doll and you could PM her. I am sure she will help you. She put Amber's up.

Lenise I love it when you check in:hugs: I am sure next week's weigh in will be good for you. Glad you are still trying to work the plan. Eggs, tuna, chicken, etc are fairly cheap so just try your best:)

Becky, can't tell you how many times I have gone to the User Control Panel & can't find where to put in a signature! I also don't know who Cheri is or how to PM her. Whatever further guidence you can give me will be greatly appreciated!:doh:
Cathy

cloaz 08-02-2011 06:50 AM

Went to a yarn shop with friends last night to pick out pattern & yarn for an afghan - they have a class on Mon. nights. Last night was very special as someone was visiting from out of town so they had food - cookies, ice cream, etc. I stayed on the couch farthest from the food, worked on finding my yarn/pattern & drank my water! :p Going to walk then weigh in, hope I reap the benifits of my will power!!! :aprayer:

lovinlowcarb 08-02-2011 07:40 AM

Bejewelme, Hi I am lovinlowcarb on the boards you look totally amazing in your photo on the boards I am restarting low carb this week and would really appreciate it if you could give me examples of the types of food you eat to get the results that you have had. I am 54 years old the mother of 2 boys ages 14 and 18 and I am currently unemployed, I live in Talladega, Ala.

amazinggrace911 08-02-2011 08:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by becksterinindy (Post 14877872)

I'm going to Save A Lot today to pick up some more eggs and the ground turkey. The ground turkey they have is higher in fat, but I rinse it off after it has cooked and put it back in a clean skillet. Hopefully that gets rid of some of that fat!! For $1.00 a pound it'll have to do. I like eating that with some salsa.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bejewelme (Post 14878039)
I will see how much I lose this week and then maybe next week, 1 week strict attack, heck even 3 pounds would be great, I need to lose 1 freaking pound to be overweight, its like come on give me 208!!!!!

Mine is about 196-7 to be considered overweight and not obese. That's my goal!! At least the one I have right now!! lol

Quote:

Originally Posted by cloaz (Post 14878061)
Went to a yarn shop with friends last night to pick out pattern & yarn for an afghan - they have a class on Mon. nights. Last night was very special as someone was visiting from out of town so they had food - cookies, ice cream, etc. I stayed on the couch farthest from the food, worked on finding my yarn/pattern & drank my water! :p Going to walk then weigh in, hope I reap the benifits of my will power!!! :aprayer:

Woohoo!!! you did good!!

Going to be running around today with a friend. Shopping and library. And it's not too warm today!!

Have a good day!!

becksterinindy 08-02-2011 08:25 AM

Cathy did you then click on edit signiture and write Cathy and then scroll down and click save or whatever it says? To send Cheri a PM just click on send private message and write in Cheri. She is the only Cheri and the first one that pops up!

cloaz 08-02-2011 09:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by becksterinindy (Post 14878415)
Cathy did you then click on edit signiture and write Cathy and then scroll down and click save or whatever it says? To send Cheri a PM just click on send private message and write in Cheri. She is the only Cheri and the first one that pops up!

Becky, I don't see any of that - where am I not looking? This is what I have under the User Control Panel:
Your Control Panel
Your Profile
Edit Your Details
Profile Privacy
Edit Profile Picture
Networking
Contacts & Friends
Pictures & Albums
Settings & Options
Edit Avatar
Edit Email & Password
Edit Options
Edit Ignore List
Subscribed Threads
Folders
Stats:
Subscriptions

List Subscriptions
Edit Folders
Miscellaneous
Event Reminders
Blog

LivinLoCarb 08-02-2011 09:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cloaz (Post 14878540)
Becky, I don't see any of that - where am I not looking? This is what I have under the User Control Panel:
Your Control Panel
Your Profile
Edit Your Details
Profile Privacy
Edit Profile Picture
Networking
Contacts & Friends
Pictures & Albums
Settings & Options
Edit Avatar
Edit Email & Password
Edit Options
Edit Ignore List
Subscribed Threads
Folders
Stats:
Subscriptions

List Subscriptions
Edit Folders
Miscellaneous
Event Reminders
Blog

Sorry to jump in, Becky. Cloaz, you must be a member of the forum for 60 days before you can create a signature. That's why there is no "Edit Signature" in your list. After 60 days, "Edit Signature" will appear just under "Edit Avatar".

cloaz 08-02-2011 09:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LivinLoCarb (Post 14878557)
Sorry to jump in, Becky. Cloaz, you must be a member of the forum for 60 days before you can create a signature. That's why there is no "Edit Signature" in your list.

Thank you - I thought I was going nuts!!!:laugh:

LivinLoCarb 08-02-2011 09:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cloaz (Post 14878570)
Thank you - I thought I was going nuts!!!:laugh:

Well heck, let's just all go crazy together:high5:. I understand your frustration!

cloaz 08-02-2011 09:46 AM

I might be frustrated with that, however, not with my weigt - down 2 today:clap: Having others going on the same journey & encouraging each other is wonderful - THANK YOU EVERYONE!!!

becksterinindy 08-02-2011 11:16 AM

LivinLo jump in anytime. I am tech. challenged and was waiting for someone else to help her:laugh: I looked to be sure she had 60 posts but didn't realize she was THAT new here! Being crazy is nothing for me:stars:

Cathy WTG!!!!!!!!!!!!! Awesome job! Did you change anything up?

cloaz 08-02-2011 11:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by becksterinindy (Post 14878958)
LivinLo jump in anytime. I am tech. challenged and was waiting for someone else to help her:laugh: I looked to be sure she had 60 posts but didn't realize she was THAT new here! Being crazy is nothing for me:stars:

Cathy WTG!!!!!!!!!!!!! Awesome job! Did you change anything up?

Been walking 1 hr instead of 30 min & maybe not as much dairy! Also got straight with the Oat Bran/Wheat Bran mix up.:hyst: Other than that just sticking to it!!!

spydermonkey511 08-02-2011 12:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cloaz (Post 14876382)
Finally found the Torani sugar free syrups - World Market!

Questions: how do you get your name to show up each time below your message? & who do I contact about having my Ticker on here?

What flavors did they have? I really want coconut.

spydermonkey511 08-02-2011 12:09 PM

Have a family reunion this weekend. I'm thinking of doing 3 PP days so I can eat PV over the weekend. That will be much easier. We will see.

cloaz 08-02-2011 12:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spydermonkey511 (Post 14879129)
What flavors did they have? I really want coconut.

I just found the Torani @ World Market - I think they had coconut! I got Black Cherry & English Toffee - I think they were $6.99.

spydermonkey511 08-02-2011 12:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cloaz (Post 14879264)
I just found the Torani @ World Market - I think they had coconut! I got Black Cherry & English Toffee - I think they were $6.99.

I have a $10/30 I may use that for them. i know this is odd ,but i love hte chocolate one in my cola. :p it is yummy!