Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Other Plans
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-09-2011, 05:48 PM   #241
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: redblack
Stats: 247.8/227.0/150
WOE: Dukan
Start Date: 5/05/2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bejewelme View Post
Is a slice of pepperoni pizza for dinner bad??????Man I never eat pizza, oh well its because I am ticked I didnt lose, so I do this to myself, duh!!!!!

That is going to be it since I was bad and cheated, LOL I am so weak, I swear low fat makes me nuts,LOL
First of all you look absolutely amazing ~ you should be very proud!!

We've all been there, and done that. Don't be too hard on yourself.

Some days I just can't eat enough food. I stop and think ~ I haven't had any fat may be that's why I am hungry! Other days, I can barely eat some breakfast, lunch and dinner.
redblack is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 08-09-2011, 05:54 PM   #242
Senior LCF Member

I will check back later. I've got to make myself some dinner.

I don't know about anyone else, but I have to be real careful when it comes to recipes ~ especially if it is really good. Sad to say, I can eat the whole bloody thing.

Late winter/early spring when I was doing Atkins, I wanted to make the sausage and pumpkin soup. Well... I made it ~ it was delicious -- I ate the whole pot!!

I didn't get to make any oatbran muffins last night. I called my local health food store, and they have the goji berries. So... when I first get a chance, that is what I will be making. I found the recipe on the Recipe Thread!

Old 08-09-2011, 06:22 PM   #243
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Lbibclc
Stats: 231.8/132 54/5-6
WOE: Primal/HHCG
Start Date: August 2009
What brand oat bran does everyone use. Where do you get it?
Lbibclc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 06:43 PM   #244
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: amazinggrace911
Stats: 190/190/150 -- 5'8"
WOE: Whatever It Takes!!!!!
Start Date: 7/30/2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXniteowl View Post
Aw Amber I LOVE pizza! I can see how the smell of it would be hard to resist! It's so HARD when we have family to feed!
Pizza is definitely a hard thing to resist! Especially if there is any burnt cheese on it!!!! That's my favorite. Anything with cheese! Well, most anything!

Quote:
Originally Posted by redblack View Post
After a while eating plain meat will get boring; you need to doctor up the dishes. I have taken the FF cottage cheese and milk and mixed it in my little nut chopper; I have to smooth out the cottage cheese as I don't like the clumps. I've made some sauces to put over the chicken and fish! (I think you were the one that mentioned a Magic Bullet ~ I don't have one of those!) Although I used some yellow onion last night, most of the time I use shallots.

I just bought a container of Trader Joe's FF Ricotta ~ I find it tasteless, but it comes in handy when throwing something together to eat. Also, I've been known to take a Tbsp or so, put some in a bowl and pour a little SF syrup over it and that's my dessert.
Good idead for a cream sauce. Though I think I'd use the ricotta for that. Though I do like to sweeten the ricotta with sf syrup and some cinnamon.

Bought the kraft ff cottage cheese at walmart today. Never again. Don't like it much at all. I'll have to go back to Martins and buy their brand -- I liked it the first time.

Quote:
Lenise ~ good for you!

I did low carbing from 5/03 - to either 10/04 or 11/04 and lost 71 lbs. I walked outside, and did Leslie Sansone's WATP. I started off with the 1 mile, then 2 miles, then was doing 4 miles on a regular basis.

I am down 40 lbs from my highest weight (again) and I've lost it all by walking ~ so using the tapes or going outside -- it works!!

I don't buy the leg quarters. In my house we eat the white meat and the dark meat, but no one is really gung ho on the legs. When I have a taste for chicken thighs, the last couple times I have made them -- I have just taken a lemon, and squeezed it over the thighs. I don't like thighs cooked with the skin (even when I low carbed), so I remove it and cut off excess fat. I see Trader Joe's is in PA, and don't know if one is near you but I use their 21 Seasoning Salute on the chicken. It doesn't have salt in it for one thing. I also use it on veggies. (I used it a very long time ago... kind of stopped using it, and am back to using it again).
I love WATP! I have several of the dvd's, but right now the only one I can use on the small tv in the basement is my 3 mile express. Good thing i like it!

I took off the skin and cut off as much fat as I could when I did the leg quarters tonight. Turned out pretty good. DH was thrilled with chicken and pasta for dinner. His two favorite foods. lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lbibclc View Post
I use Bob's red mill oat bran. This last bag I actually found at Big Lots. The first one I bought at the health food store.

Feeling tired now. Going to go to bed earlier than normal tonight cause I'm taking dh to work in the morning so we can have the van.
Old 08-09-2011, 07:28 PM   #245
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lbibclc View Post
I buy my oat bran at Trader Joe's; it comes in a 2 pound bag.

Although I have never bought it, I have seen it at my local health food store (it is sold in bulk).
Old 08-09-2011, 07:32 PM   #246
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Phaedra
Stats: 248/171/160
WOE: WW
Start Date: January 2005
Evening ladies.lost a lb today 179.Happy to see it go.

Today I had:
2 Oat bran muffins
Hamburger Patty(4oz) w/cheese
Tuna (4oz)
2 qts of water
Walked 1 mile

Amber: hang tight tomorrow that scale is gonna go down.Loved your family pic.Thanks for sharing.

Becky; I'm so happy for your wt loss and "e". WOW Vegas and onderland a Great combo.

Spyder: Great loss you will make it to your goal.Just keep on keepin' on.

Lenise: Your doing great. I to enjoy my Leslie Sansone walking tape I use it daily

Joanne: 2 lbs gone congrats to you

Teresa:WTG! gonna try your pudding recipe soon.
Long day and I'm tired. Hope everyone rests well amd has a great tomorrow !!

Dogs have owners.Cats have staff.

Nothing tastes as good as being thin feels.
Phaedra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 07:44 PM   #247
Senior LCF Member

Gosh, I just lost my posting so we type it again.

Calling it a night. I have to go re-read the Attack and Cruise phases once again, from the Dukan book.

coffee w/ 1/2&1/2 (12 oz)
2 HB eggs
pomegranate Greek yogurt w/1.5 T oat bran (this is from Trader Joe's)
chicken sauteed with some shallot, and I added 1 serving of Trader Joe's sun dried tomatoes. I sprayed the pan, but as the chicken was cooking I added some low sodium chicken broth that I had open
--if I feel I need a little something later I just may have a 1/2 c of Greek yogurt with some SF syrup

Catch up with everyone tomorrow!
Old 08-09-2011, 07:45 PM   #248
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: becksterinindy
Liz. Some of us are doing attack phase this week if you want to join us. I still am not sure I got the correct thing for oat bran but I use Hadgson Mill Oat Bran Hot Cereal. You can google it.

Joanne you are such a welcome addition here. I just love your posts and ideas! OMG I LOVE LOVE LOVE the Pumpkin soup!! I was just thinking today about it!!!! I have no Trader Joe's anywhere near me. Sure wish I did!! Are you British? It bloody well sounds like it

Lenise I almost bought the Kraft brand at Walmart today. Glad I didn't. WM brand isn't too bad. 1% milk fat makes a world of difference for me! Sleep tight.

Today:
2hb eggs
tuna (w/lowfat mayo and onion)
cod and Gortons grilled shrimp scampi (6)
ff cottage cheese
Greek yogurt with oat bran and sweetner
Old 08-09-2011, 07:48 PM   #249
Big Yapper!!!!

Phaedra I wondered where you were! Look at you in the 170's!!
becksterinindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 08:11 PM   #250
Senior LCF Member

Thanks becky,hope you get a good nites rest.Will catch up with you guys tomorrow.
Old 08-09-2011, 09:36 PM   #251
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by becksterinindy View Post
:

Joanne you are such a welcome addition here. I just love your posts and ideas! OMG I LOVE LOVE LOVE the Pumpkin soup!! I was just thinking today about it!!!! I have no Trader Joe's anywhere near me. Sure wish I did!! Are you British? It bloody well sounds like it
No, I am not British. When I made that soup, I kind of made it early in the day, and I think I planned on getting 4 servings from it. Well, I ate it all in one day. I am not even that fond of the Jimmy Dean seasoned sausage that I used in it. I never made it again.

I had the same problem when I started low carbing, and made myself some SF pudding. I used the cream. I wound up eating the whole bowl of pudding. I do remember one thing though... when I did stuff like that, I used to lose weight not gain any!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I just got back on the computer for a few more minutes. I wanted to take a look at the Goji Berry Muffin recipe. I don't have any wheat bran, so I guess I will have to get some of that as well.

Tomorrow morning I think it is galette time. I have one hard boiled egg in the fridge, and will make a little egg salad ~ that will be breakfast.

OK... off to read the grocery ads, then I will start reading the Dukan book again.
Old 08-09-2011, 11:20 PM   #252
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: sinny
WOE: atkins
Start Date: L.C 11/14/2004 WW 2/13/2013
wow you ladies are doing great.

Between work and babysitting I am way behind in all the posts.

As Becky knows I am always going to settle down and start posting more ,but some how that hasn't happened yet

This morning I was down another lb. Thats 6.5 lbs in 3 days. With that being said today was our yearly date with our friends. I was totally LC except for the wine. (until) the cheese cake she makes for us once a year. Then the ice cream sundays later in the evening.
It just goes to show I need a lot more days on attack phase.
I just hope I didn't gain all of it back. I am starting back on tomorrow and hope to make it through 7 days.

Its 2;30 am and the grandkids will be here at 6;30 am. Another long day with a 9mt old and a 2 1/2 yr old UGH.........

Nite everyone.

WW 2/13 (281.4) 2/14 (268)
sinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 04:49 AM   #253
Senior LCF Member

Mornin', 178 today!! working this plan together makes dieting much easier.

Liz: I get my oats in the bulk bins at Whole Foods.Costs 2.39 a lb.

Cindy: WOW 6.5 LBS IN 3 DAY. THATS TERRIFIC ! Just get back on your horse and ride! None of us is immune to Pizza or cake and ice cream.We all deserve a treat now and then.

Gotta go walk and get ready for work.Later Gators !!
Old 08-10-2011, 06:17 AM   #254
Big Yapper!!!!

Weight the same today I only report in halves IMADORK. I ignore the scale unless it is a whole number or a half number. I just round up always and never down.

Sinny you knew and had prepared for that pig out so no worries. This plan is working well for you

Phaedra you will be at goal in no time AND 'e' before work
Old 08-10-2011, 06:47 AM   #255
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Bejewelme
Stats: 350+/221.4/198 (5'10)
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: restarted 9/27/2010
Good morning girls, I ate pizza down .4, LOL 213 even so I am feeling better at least now maybe if I am really good I will start moving again, so much to read!!!! Now I forget who all wrote what but you all rock!!

Joanne- yes you are a welcome addition with thoughtful and detailed posts, I like to hear about how people cook and stuff, that seasoning at TJ's sounds good, it is an hour away from me but I like going!!! Dudes one more chicken breast give me a break, but its better than cat food!!!!

I use Mother's Oat Bran, it is also a hot cereal it was all I could get at the health food store, they are always out of it.

If you don't have wheat bran use extra oat bran, that will work the key is lots of cinnamon, taste the goji all dried up and then in the muffin, OMG so delicious, they plump up and taste delicious when cooked. I literally cannot wait to get home and eat one, LOL Only thing I keep them in the fridge they are so much better hot out of the oven, maybe I could try to toast it tonight. Love them! The kids like them too, they ate 3 yesterday now I have one left so will have to make more.

Well today's plan, a fresh hard boiled egg, I suppose I could branch out and try tuna, I have a can here or canned crab. Maybe I should take this stuff home and make the patties like you all suggested, maybe hot with a little binder they will taste better!!!!

I am very excited I go to get the stitches out tonight, and then after dinner I am hitting the track, I am going to try to get a mile run in and then alternate running/walking a lap for 3 miles, with 2 weeks off I am not sure how I will be!!!! But I can walk so I need some serious fat burning cardio I think that is what is messing me up! Tony takes Bobby to the Phillies game on Sunday so I am planning like a 2 hour workout at the gym then getting my nails done, I cant wait for an empty house!!! LOL No one saying Mom where is this, TOny- hun I cant find this, OMG makes me crazy are all men blind?

becky- Gordo= love, wasnt he so cute on Master Chef with his venison, $87 a plate at his restaurant for deer? Is he crazy? I was so sad Ben went home I liked that little bugger, Jonathan?-- good riddance I couldnt stand him and now Tommy must go he is so freaky would you eat something made my him? Wolfgang Puck, love him!!!!!
Old 08-10-2011, 09:54 AM   #256
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: spydermonkey511
day 3 and I'm just not sure I can last until Sat. ,but I'm trying. Down another lb. Still 2 away from my lowest weight on the diet and 14 from my goal.

pizza sounds yummy!
spydermonkey511 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 10:24 AM   #257
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: TXniteowl
Hey ladies

Down another 2 and a half. Well just shy of that but unlike Becky I count every ounce

My menus are pretty boring. I tend to eat the same things a lot. Will try to mix things up more as I go along. So far:

skim milk latte
greek yogurt w/ oat bran
don't know yet about lunch or dinner

Maybe I should start posting a day later what I ate so I can include everything.

Congrats to everyone on their losses . This diet rocks!!
TXniteowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 10:34 AM   #258
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: spydermonkey511
yeah for 2 1/2 lbs!
spydermonkey511 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 11:15 AM   #259
Senior LCF Member

GOOD Goin' Teresa and Spyder
Hang on girls its a bumpy ride but worth it!!
Old 08-10-2011, 11:27 AM   #260
Big Yapper!!!!

Amber I was SO happy to see Jonathan go!! and tat boy can leave too! I was sad that Ben went from a winner to out the door

spyder just do what you can. You are so close to goal

Teresa my eggs and tuna everyday is pretty boring too but it works for me!

I discovered Gordman's for the first time today. I loved it until I tried to find clothes<sigh> I found another small purse and now I have to decide b/c I have 3 and need to return 2 at some point I think this one might be the one. My awesome find was Torani 750ml syrups for $5.99. Until now I could only find the small Torani bottles for $4.99 or the big DaVinci's for $7.29 Also picked up some Emeril's all natural Chicken rub w/zero carbs for $2.49 so here's hoping it helps the chicken go down! They gave me a 15% one item coupon good until Sunday so I may at least get another syrup if nothing esle. I used to circle round and round to find a parking space at stores close to the door of stores and now I just park way in the back and hike in<pats self on the back>
Old 08-10-2011, 12:22 PM   #261
Senior LCF Member

Good afternoon ladies! Just checking in ~ congrats on the weight losses!

I am not getting on the scale till tomorrow morning; I'd like to see it say 226.?, but will see.

Amber -- thanks for the tip about keeping the muffins in the fridge after they are made. I actually found that out when I made my first batch of oat bran chocolate muffins. I went to get one, and found them covered in mold, so they got tossed. The next time I made them, they went into a plastic bag and into the fridge. When taking them right out of the fridge and eating them, I have toasted them ~ the chocolate ones are delicious. I have a small container of Philly FF cream cheese, and that is what I spread on top of them!

Kind of a busy day for me today.

My menu will be:

coffee w/ 1/2&1/2
galette with egg salad (1 egg, 1 T FF sour cream, 1 gherkin, dab of mustard)
1 c Greek Yogurt
pork chops (am out of shallots, so I may toss a couple slices of onion in the pan) & will have 2 more gherkins (that will be 1 serving of the pickles which is something we can have)

[I've got to make some turkey meatballs tonight. Also, very shortly I think I will go get the goji berries ~ for some reason I just have a taste for these muffins!]

Hope everyone is having a great day!
Old 08-10-2011, 12:45 PM   #262
Big Yapper!!!!

I LOVE onions but never bought a shallot in my life This intrigues me!
Old 08-10-2011, 01:21 PM   #263
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: sinny
WOE: atkins
Start Date: L.C 11/14/2004 WW 2/13/2013
Thanks Phaedra

I am back on track today,so far

scrambled egg
greek yogurt
diet soda.

It is easier when I have the kids ,as I never have any real time to eat. It is usually with the baby in my arms and her grabbing everything. Dh helped today because I pulled a musle in my back last night and I need to get over it.because for the next 4 days I am working 40 hr, plus have the kids 6:30 am til 4pm the next 2 days.

Teresa congrats on the lost

I fell bad that Ben left too. He is such a cutie. I love the way they give it to that cocky one.

I am not too crazy over any of them on Hells kitchen. They all are pains. I do hope Tommy or elise leaves next,altho elise isn't
the worst cook.

Tonight will be a challenge, because we are going to the casino.I plan on staying on plan tho. Maybe a couple hamburger w/o the bun and lots of water. I could do tuna ,but I would have to bring it with me.
sinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 01:46 PM   #264
Senior LCF Member

Cindy: Lucky you. Wish I could go with you. Have fun and win lots!!
Old 08-10-2011, 01:54 PM   #265
Big Yapper!!!!

Ran to the store. Wanted some beef. Grabbed some chix breast too since they were on sale so I could try Emeril's rub...... BAM!

sinny WIN BIG I still think of you and Bob whenever I TRY to win on Stinkin' Rich. Be good with your eating! When I go to the casino now I eat before I go and just grab some free coffee or diet soda. You work SO much and wish you didn't have to. With the kids it seems like you are working 2 jobs and you are supposed to be retired like me Are you watching Big Brother?????

Joanne I bought 4 small shallots. Ran me 43 cents to see if I like them.
Old 08-10-2011, 02:02 PM   #266
Major LCF Poster!

Sinny, how funny.... I am off today and the next 2 days (I babysit grandkids most days) and Roger wanted to go to the local casino. I was worried about what I would eat all day. I convinced him that Friday might be better since BB is on tonight. I could not think of what I could take to eat and thought about a tuna pouch but can't imagine sitting there eating tuna out of the pouch in the casino . I will have to work it out before Friday if we do go then. They have a burger cafe and I could do that I guess but I doubt the burger patties would be very lean. Oh well have to live and make this work I guess. Good luck and win big! Oh and have fun

I have only watched MC a couple of times this season though I do love it. Hard to work in all the shows lol, especially when the grandkids are here late some days. I admit to shedding a tear when Ben left. I just loved him. Not loving anyone on HK this season.

Going to try pan fried cod tonight with a few shrimp. Not a big seafood lover but don't want to eat beef every night. I will have my cottage cheese "pudding" as dessert. I always have a Carb Master yogurt later in the evening too. I get those at Kroger but not sure everyone has Kroger. Also found the oat bran there and it's Bob's Red Mill.

Spyder: Hang in there

I did 20 min "e" on the treadmill while watching Gordo on the BBC channel. It wasn't one of his cooking shows but a show about sharks. He was up in arms about so many of them being killed off for their fins to make shark fin soup which is popular in Asian countries apparently. Love me some Gordo! I would watch almost anything with him on it
Old 08-10-2011, 02:02 PM   #267
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by becksterinindy View Post
Joanne I bought 4 small shallots. Ran me 43 cents to see if I like them.
Becky:

I like onions too. When I was doing Atkins, I would kind of watch the amount of onions I would use. (Quite often, I would put in more than what the recipe called for). To solve the problem, and not get carried away with using too much onion, I started buying the shallots at the Farmer's Market. When I first looked at them in the grocery store, they were $5.99 lb; Farmer's Market they were $3.00 lb.

Also, a while back I found that Trader Joe's was carrying them. Their little package with 3 good size shallots varies from 99 cents to $1.29.

I only buy say 3 or 4 at a time. I keep them in a straw basket on my counter, next to my stove.

I think they are quite mild.

Try a little in your tuna salad.

OK... I am going to grab my bottle of water and go check out the Goji berries at the health food store (these things are not cheap!)

Last edited by redblack; 08-10-2011 at 02:05 PM.. Reason: mistyped
Old 08-10-2011, 02:04 PM   #268
Major LCF Poster!

Becky we were posting at the same time. "so I could try Emeril's rub...... BAM!" you are so funny!
TXniteowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 02:20 PM   #269
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Purrcy'smom
Stats: 216/193.5/158
WOE: Dukan and the CTFLC
Start Date: May 9, 2011
Quote:
I will check back later. I've got to make myself some dinner.

I don't know about anyone else, but I have to be real careful when it comes to recipes ~ especially if it is really good. Sad to say, I can eat the whole bloody thing.

Late winter/early spring when I was doing Atkins, I wanted to make the sausage and pumpkin soup. Well... I made it ~ it was delicious -- I ate the whole pot!!

I didn't get to make any oatbran muffins last night. I called my local health food store, and they have the goji berries. So... when I first get a chance, that is what I will be making. I found the recipe on the Recipe Thread!
Hey there, tell me more about the pumpkin soup? I love pumpkin anything! Is it in the recipes thread? As far as Gojitsa ( Goji berries) they are great and I use them in cole slaw- they just came out with a sugar free cole slaw dressing- that and the goji make it great! ( I used to like raisins in my slaw)...
Purrcy'smom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 02:31 PM   #270
Big Yapper!!!!

purr the pumpkin soup is NOT Dukan friendly. Here is the best (IMO) recipe but I always use less than a Tbs of the Italian seasoning and I always make a double batch to use the whole pkg of the hot sausage. Oh and I always used heavy cream instead of half and half. I love fat!!!!

Pumpkin and Sausage Soup

2 c mashed pumpkin (1 15 oz can)
4 c. chicken broth
1/2 c. minced onion
1 c. finely chopped mushrooms
1/2 c half and half mixed with 1/2 c water
1 clove garlic, minced
1 T Italian Seasoning
1/2 pound spicy sausage
Brown sausage, drain, and then add the onion, garlic and herbs. When the sausage is browned, stir in the pumpkin. Stir in the broth and mix well. Simmer 20-30 minutes. Stir in the milk and simmer on low another 10-15 min. Taste and add salt/pepper as needed.

It tastes nothing like you would expect it to! I use Bob Evans breakfast sausage, and it is nice and spicy. Really hits the spot.

Teresa Gordo doesn't want sharks killed for food but what about poor Bambi on the $87 plate?!!