Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Other Plans
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-08-2011, 07:30 PM   #211
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Phaedra
Stats: 248/171/160
WOE: WW
Start Date: January 2005
Joanne: Welcome aboard jump on in the waters fine.We support each other and have a fine time doing it.
Phaedra is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 08-08-2011, 07:35 PM   #212
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: becksterinindy
redblack you are more than welcome to join in here. The more the merrier!! Some of us are doing Attack challenge this week so we're right there with you

Lenise WTG on being down again This is going to be your week just watch and see That kabob sounds awesome!

Phaedra I am fascinated that you don't own a TV. Has this always been the case? I think it is amazing actually. Reality TV is like crack for me

Amber I am happy you made your beloved muffins. Hope you can find something other than cat food to eat tomorrow I agree about Elise on HK and I can't stand Christian on MC I know how to filet a fish though!

So as a run down for the end of the of the day:

2 HB eggs
tuna and light mayo
cube steak and some sauteed onion
ff cottage cheese
Greek yogurt w/oat bran

Cindy do you like the foods we have to choose from? Hope you find some to your liking anyway. You are kicking butt!
Old 08-08-2011, 08:16 PM   #213
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: redblack
Stats: 247.8/227.0/150
WOE: Dukan
Start Date: 5/05/2011
The first time around I did the Attack phase for 5 days.

I plugged in my numbers (using 227 as the current weight) and according to the Dukan site I should do Attack for four days. My weigh in day is usually Thursday, but I had to hop on the scale this morning to see where I was starting off from ~ it was 230.8. So, if I can get the 3.8 lbs off that I gained the past week and half, I will be happy.

I have basically been eating a bunch of junk this past month, so that is why no loss. It's taken me a few days to get my head straight, but once I am into this say by Wednesday, I should be OK. I didn't walk today. (The walking has taken more than a few inches off my big abdomen, which is good, so I better get in my walk tomorrow. With just a 1 lb weight loss for July, needless to say I didn't lose any inches either!

Have a good evening!

redblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 08:32 PM   #214
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: amazinggrace911
Stats: 190/190/150 -- 5'8"
WOE: Whatever It Takes!!!!!
Start Date: 7/30/2014
Welcome back Joanne! I think we're all pretty new to Dukan here this summer, so do you have any good recipes and ideas to share?? We need all the help we can get!

Been reading my book this evening to review everything. And I got my notebook out and went over what I ate the first time. I think I'm going to forgo the oat bran for a few days to see how I do without it. Just curious.

Becky, I hope this is my week!!! lol. I'd love to lose five pounds during attack. I think I'm going to try to do attack for six days again. Friday night I might have some veggies, but I'll decide then.

Amber, what about chicken salad? Which reminds me that I need to cook the chicken leg quarters tomorrow!!!

Becky, there was something I was going to ask you but right now I can't remember.

We can do this gals!!! Just don't forget to drink your water to flush all that stufff out of our systems!

p. s. Phaedra, I just love your signature -- dogs have owners, cats have staff. So true!!! We live to please them! lol
Old 08-08-2011, 09:17 PM   #215
Senior LCF Member

Lenise: I suppose I can go look it up, but I don't remember the last day that I posted. It was either the end of May or early June. I actually wasn't so busy the month of May. But June, July and so far this month I will be busy. It should hopefully let up after mid September. I remember reading some of your posts back in May ~ I don't think the thread had a specific name ~ it was just referenced as the Dukan diet.

I would post the next day what I ate the previous day. That I find keeps me accountable. I have been marking down in a journal everything I have eaten since the beginning of May (and yes, I have accounted for/marked down all the junk I have eaten).

The only recipe I make is for the turkey meatballs. I have a package of lean turkey in my fridge and I need to make up a batch. They are really good, especially with some Trader Joe's Tzatziki sauce.

I kind of make up stuff as I go along. Right now (except for a grilled chicken breast), I don't have any prepared meats at all so I have to be careful the next few days. When I don't have anything for me to eat, that is when I get into trouble... especially if I am tired!
Old 08-09-2011, 05:01 AM   #216
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Bejewelme
Stats: 350+/221.4/198 (5'10)
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: restarted 9/27/2010
OMG I am so mad, what did I weigh this morning? 213.4, I gained a freaking pound after starving and 90 minutes with my trainer and a gallon of water? WTH??????????????????

Anyway I am going to give Dukie the benefit of the doubt, Tony thought I was going to throw the darn scale out the window, LOL He is like I am so sorry babe, I said well its only one day I gotta give it a chance to work I did carb load pretty bad on Sunday in preparation for the deprivation, LOL I know I could eat more but its like I don't want any more of what we can eat, LOL Its like how much chicken can you stuff in, you get sick of chewing it!
I brought a chicken breast for today, I went to the gym and left Tony to grill and cook for the fam he is like how much chicken did you pull out? LOL I have like 10 breasts now to eat, better than cat food, I am laying off the cat food and eggs today. I do recall after 3 days the hunger went away, so I need to get through these 2 days, then I should be fine, I was holding steady at 209 I still think I have bloat from the weekend my ring is still tight, and usually it is spinning.

Master Chef- I was glad they offered that to Tracy, she was a nice girl, I like Ben and Adrian on that one, Ben is such a flamer but so darn cute, at least he has spunk!!! Hell's Kitchen I guess I like Natalie and Paul, the girls all have to go I dont like any of them on the red team, Carrie drives me nuts. No way would I have been bale to clean that fish, yuk!!!! Although looking at like 100 pounds of salmon I really wanted some sushi, LOL The blonde on there is pretty good, she took control of that fish!!

SO day 2 I hope it is better. I always drink a gallon of water, I have a quart bottle I make sure I drink 3 at the office and then one for the gym, tonight I am doing pure cardio, I am not suppose to with my leg, but I figure heck the stitches come out tomorrow so it better be healed.

And my son needs braces, ughghg, not yet, but in a year or two, I have to take him for a consult, I am hoping his Dad pays, I think they are pricey!
Old 08-09-2011, 07:10 AM   #217
Big Yapper!!!!

Morning! I finally got some sleep. I have not been feeling very well with cough and scratchy throat. Must get well before Vegas! Weight is 203.5 today

Jo what amazes me is how little you put on in July eating junk. I'd say that is is awesome. Gives me hope that after I hit goal I may be able to maintain. Your screen name reminds me of roulette. Man I love Vegas

Amber I have usually found it is not always what I ate the day before that shows up on the scale but the day before the day. Anyway I think you are still shaking off the weekend foods Sorry you feel starved! I rarely feel hunger but like you said takes about 3 days to get threre. I like Ben on MC too. I don't really have a great like of anyone on HK but I do like Jennifer and Nat. All the guys can go for all I care!

Carry on gals .... we can do this
becksterinindy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 07:43 AM   #218

Becky you are the Dukan goddess!!!! I think you are right I am still paying for Sunday's bad behavior I have faith in Dukie, I put all my food in so far, I am a lot less hungry today, I had skim milk with protein powder and a yogurt so far and my 5 cups of coffee!!! LOL

Everyday the hunger gets a little easier, that is what I loved about low carb, all the fat you felt so full!

OMG I am so excited for you, you are going to be in Onderland by the time you roll out to Vegas, that is going to help you stay on track there, and you do get a lot of e there, all the walking and maybe some big E, LOL TOny likes to tell me if I put out the big E I will be a certain weight the next day, like last night he is like you will be 208 if you do this****, LOL he is nuts, he loves that diet and exercise has completely took away my sex drive, LOL
Here is my hunky man, I dont think I ever shared pics here of my family, so I will do that, I love them!

we got this tux for $90 on Sunday, cheaper than a rental!

This is me and my son, Bobby, see my arm muscles??? I am getting there!

Tony and his new car, a Kia Koup, it is cute

This was me and 2 girls from LCf that met up Friday night, the one lives in Pittsburgh the other in Allentown, we met the gal from Pittsburgh for dinner as she was driving home, she is the one who sent me her size 14 bathing suits,
Bejewelme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 08:02 AM   #219
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: spydermonkey511
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bejewelme View Post
OMG I am so mad, what did I weigh this morning? 213.4, I gained a freaking pound after starving and 90 minutes with my trainer and a gallon of water? WTH??????????????????

Anyway I am going to give Dukie the benefit of the doubt, Tony thought I was going to throw the darn scale out the window, LOL He is like I am so sorry babe, I said well its only one day I gotta give it a chance to work I did carb load pretty bad on Sunday in preparation for the deprivation, LOL I know I could eat more but its like I don't want any more of what we can eat, LOL Its like how much chicken can you stuff in, you get sick of chewing it!
I brought a chicken breast for today, I went to the gym and left Tony to grill and cook for the fam he is like how much chicken did you pull out? LOL I have like 10 breasts now to eat, better than cat food, I am laying off the cat food and eggs today. I do recall after 3 days the hunger went away, so I need to get through these 2 days, then I should be fine, I was holding steady at 209 I still think I have bloat from the weekend my ring is still tight, and usually it is spinning.

Master Chef- I was glad they offered that to Tracy, she was a nice girl, I like Ben and Adrian on that one, Ben is such a flamer but so darn cute, at least he has spunk!!! Hell's Kitchen I guess I like Natalie and Paul, the girls all have to go I dont like any of them on the red team, Carrie drives me nuts. No way would I have been bale to clean that fish, yuk!!!! Although looking at like 100 pounds of salmon I really wanted some sushi, LOL The blonde on there is pretty good, she took control of that fish!!

SO day 2 I hope it is better. I always drink a gallon of water, I have a quart bottle I make sure I drink 3 at the office and then one for the gym, tonight I am doing pure cardio, I am not suppose to with my leg, but I figure heck the stitches come out tomorrow so it better be healed.

And my son needs braces, ughghg, not yet, but in a year or two, I have to take him for a consult, I am hoping his Dad pays, I think they are pricey!
maybe you will see a big dip tomorrow.
spydermonkey511 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 08:04 AM   #220
Senior LCF Member

The scale is down 2 lbs today ,but still weigh more than my lowest on this diet. Hoping to get back to that weight soon.
Old 08-09-2011, 08:25 AM   #221
Big Yapper!!!!

spyder that is a great loss in a day I think all of use will see results we like this week.

Amber thanks for sharing the pics. You are beautiful and handsome Tony does look like Dr. Drew in the tux pic

I will end attack either on the 12th or 14th. Will depend on how I feel but like I said it will end on an even day!

Just finishing up my 5th mug of coffee too.
Old 08-09-2011, 09:00 AM   #222
Senior LCF Member

Caffeine high!!!! With me it's diet pop. I drink it all the time. Though I'm doing good on my water today. 64 oz so far and only 12 oz of diet coke. lol

Starting ATTACK today at 210.4. So I wasn't up too bad from my son's birthday celebration!

I feel SO full right now!! I made the kids and I omelets for brunch. I had 2 eggs, gr beef, a little turkey pepperoni, ff cream cheese and 2 T salsa. It was really good. But I'm stuffed!! Don't know if I'll be hungry for anything else before dinner. If I am, I'll just have the ff yogurt. Dinner is going to be the chicken leg quarters, and I'm going to make some pasta for the family along with that.

Great on the losses Becky and spyder!!! I can't remember if anyone else posted a loss or not.

Joanne, I've done the turkey meatballs too. They're good. Have you checked out the recipe thread that we started??

Have a great day gals!! Stay on plan and we'll lose bunches!! At least I hope and pray so!!
amazinggrace911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 09:22 AM   #223
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by becksterinindy View Post

Jo what amazes me is how little you put on in July eating junk. I'd say that is is awesome. Gives me hope that after I hit goal I may be able to maintain. Your screen name reminds me of roulette. Man I love Vegas
I ate a lot of unsalted peanuts. I ate more peanuts this past month than I have eaten in 10 years. We always have them in the house as DH just loves them ~ he switched to the unsalted ones about 6 months ago. I gave in a couple times last week to my favorite snack/junk food -- Cheese Its. And, on Friday I had a slice of pizza from Costco!

I used to like to play roulette but haven't done so in a long, long time. My screen name -- my two favorite colors. Not original but at the time back in '03 that is what I came up with.

I went to Vegas two years ago. Flew in on a Wednesday afternoon, and caught an early flight out on the following Sunday. I met up with my cousin (who stayed two extra days). Also, two friends of my cousin flew in from California as well. We had a great time; none of us were really gamblers!! We stayed at the Sahara (which was just recently closed!)
Old 08-09-2011, 09:33 AM   #224
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by amazinggrace911 View Post
Joanne, I've done the turkey meatballs too. They're good. Have you checked out the recipe thread that we started??
Yes, I have. I haven't checked it recently but will do so.

I did get on the scale a short time ago, and dropped two pounds since yesterday, so that is good.

Yesterday I ate:

coffee with 1/2&1/2
(When I first started Dukan, I bought the FF 1/2&1/2 and started using it. I had a problem though with the sugar cane solids or something that was in there, so eventually I stopped and threw the rest of the stuff out. I have been using the regular 1/2&1/2 and the little bit of fat hasn't caused me any problems that I am aware of)
2 HB eggs
Chobani blueberry yogurt with 1.5 T oat bran
ground beef (lean sirloin) that I browned with a little bit of onion; I then sprinkled in some garlic powder and Italian seasoning. I then added 2 T FF cottage cheese, and 2 T ketchup (unsweetened) [I had about 2 T of pimentos and put them in the ground beef dish; they probably didn't belong in there but I wanted to use them and didn't feel like throwing them out]

Didn't drink enough water, so I need to work on that.

I've got to get ready to go to work, so I will check in later. Have a great day ladies! We can do this!
Old 08-09-2011, 11:03 AM   #225
Senior LCF Member

Feeling pretty good! Just did my 3 mile WATP Express dvd -- 45 minutes of exercising! WOW! It just amazes me that I've been doing so much of the walking dvd's. Could never stick with it before!!

Still not hungry. So I haven't eaten anything else yet. Though I do need to go down and bring up the chicken from the basement fridge. And then figure out how I'm going to bake it exactly. I have a feeling I'm going to be doing different kinds cause DS wants barbecue sauce on his. And dd and dh like it that way too. At least I have two trays I can use in the oven! lol

Catch ya later!! Now up to 88 oz of water and on my second can of diet coke.
Old 08-09-2011, 11:04 AM   #226
Big Yapper!!!!

WTG on the overnight loss Joanne I really this like this plan a lot! I think it is much smarter to use the half and half (if you don't use the skim milk) instead of the FF just b/c I don't like to eat things with HFCS in it. R.I.P. Sahara.

I just got back from WalMart. Needed a few things and some 'e' It is the only place that carries the low sodium Starfish tuna I love and I always buy what they have. This time it was 9 pkgs but sometimes they have none. I hope they don't stop carrying it! I got a big bag of cod, Greek yogurt and more ff cottage cheese. At first I hated the ff but it is ok. I didn't see any 1% in the cheaper brand which is what I wanted.

Anyone watch Big Brother?

Lenise I am happy the birthday eating didn't do much damage and you saw the 210 once again. Time to move on to a different decade
Old 08-09-2011, 01:28 PM   #227
Senior LCF Member

Did anyone watch bacholor pad? It is like a bad train wreck I can't help ,but watch it. )

I never really got into Big brother.
Old 08-09-2011, 02:19 PM   #228
Senior LCF Member

Never watched those. It seems like all I get to watch are reruns cause I never see shows when they are actually on! lol

Dinner is in the oven. I did honey barbecue chicken for the family and lemon pepper chicken for me. And heating up some pasta and sauce for the family. I'll have some cottage cheese I think to go along with my chicken. Yumm!!!
Old 08-09-2011, 02:37 PM   #229
Big Yapper!!!!

spyder I flipped to BP during commercials and then it was on while I did other things for the last hour. I have never really gotten into the BP shows but Big Brother is my favorite reality tv show!!

Lenise sounds like a plan! I hope you made some extra. It is much easier to grab something already cooked the next day. The truth is that cottage cheese about the only side there is to make a "meal" in Attack phase. Glad I like it!

Only 19 days until Vegas and not only do I want to be well planted in onderland I also would like to fit into some size 16 capris I have. The size 20 and 22's will have to stay home. I don't want to buy any new ones even on clearance b/c I fancy myself in size 12's next summer!
Old 08-09-2011, 03:31 PM   #230
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: TXniteowl
Hey gals,

Still on track and lost 2 lbs after day 1. So far today had skim milk latte and greek yogurt with oat bran for breakfast, and tuna for lunch. Still trying to decide on dinner.

Made an awesome "vanilla pudding" last night just by blending cottage cheese in my magic bullet blender with a few drops of EZ Sweetz, a little vanilla and a dash of Torani s/f vanilla syrup. The magic bullet gets it nice and smooth. I don't like when there are chunks left in it. I've done this with cocoa powder before but think I like the vanilla version even better. I have a wicked sweet tooth and always looking for ways to make sweet treats.

Becky as you know, BB is my favorite show ever . Wish they did more than one a year. I tried to watch BP last night but just can't get into it. You are melting away! I'm so awed by your success with this plan. Wow only 19 days! Didn't realize your trip was coming up so soon. You will be well into onederland for sure by then!

redblack your dinner last night sounds good. I will have to try that. I am so NOT creative with cooking!

Amber you are beautiful !! Thanks for sharing pics.

WTG to everyone who lost . We can do this!!
Old 08-09-2011, 03:49 PM   #231
Senior LCF Member

Had a great dinner. And I cooked the whole 10 lbs of chicken!!!! Definitely leftovers. And I put three leg quarters on high in the small crockpot. Figured I would use that meat to make some chicken salad or even just fry it up.

When I was at walmart I bought some banana cream nonfat yogurt to try. You guys have gotten me straining the yogurt now, and I couldn't really eat the banana cream stuff! Had to add some of my thick yogurt to it (and some cinnamon too) and then it was the right consistency and delicious!! That's the first time I've tried any of the flavored yogurts, so we'll see how it goes.

Going to a friend's house tonight. She is just home for the day -- been housesitting at her sisters and will be going back tonight for another week.

Be back on later!!
Old 08-09-2011, 04:10 PM   #232
Big Yapper!!!!

I have looked at the flavored fat free yogurts but always higher in sugars so I don't get them. I do like the Carbmaster favored yogurts from Kroger though. I can't believe we have made a Greek yogurt lover out you. So thick and yummy!!

Teresa how long are staying on Attack? Might have to try the cottage cheese shake sometime! hmmm maybe some cream cheese in it too

Guess I will have cod for dinner. Either that or shrimp. I eat late all the time. Usually about 8 or so.
Old 08-09-2011, 04:19 PM   #233

Is a slice of pepperoni pizza for dinner bad?????? LOL
OMG I was at the gym and the kids wanted pizza when I was done it was a flood, OMG I got totally soaked running to the car, so by the time I got home with it, it smelled so good, I ate a piece, whoops, LOL Man I never eat pizza, oh well its because I am ticked I didnt lose, so I do this to myself, duh!!!!!
Pre Pizza I had
Coffe w/ fat free creamer x 5
skim milk with protein powder
non fat greek yogurt
goji berry muffin
5 oz cooked chicken breast
1 hard boiled egg, near the end of its life, it was like 3 weeks old, LOL
MHP Power pak pudding, must have pudding!!!!!

so far, 1185 calories with the pizza, 28.3 fat (22%) with pizza, 88 carbs (30%), 145 protein(48%)

That is going to be it since I was bad and cheated, LOL I am so weak, I swear low fat makes me nuts,LOL
Old 08-09-2011, 04:27 PM   #234
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: TXniteowl
Becky I was planning on 7 days. Will have to see when i get close though.

redblack I did the italian style hamburger like you posted and it was . I will definitely put that into the rotation. Quick and easy and really yummy! I made fettuccini alfredo with meatballs and dreamfield's pasta for my husband. He is doing just regular lowcarb.

Aw Amber I LOVE pizza! I can see how the smell of it would be hard to resist! It's so HARD when we have family to feed!
TXniteowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 04:31 PM   #235

Teresa I am back on track no more pity party for me, an no more pizza I gotta make this work, going to go boil eggs better have some fresh ones, LOL
Old 08-09-2011, 04:32 PM   #236
Big Yapper!!!!

Pizza??? Did someone mention pizza I LOVE pizza!! Your calorie intake still looks ok though. You might squeek by!

Now I want to make the italian ground beef stuff. Maybe tomorrow!!
Old 08-09-2011, 04:44 PM   #237
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: LivinLoCarb
Start Date: May 10, 2011
Hi all! I'm not doing Attack this week, but thought I would stop in to cheer you all on! Attack sure looks like a lot more fun in a group! Welcome to Sinny and Redblack and TXniteowl!

Last edited by LivinLoCarb; 08-09-2011 at 04:49 PM..
LivinLoCarb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 04:48 PM   #238
Big Yapper!!!!

LivinLo I love it when you pop in I think doing Attack is kind of silly but I like silliness

Decided on cod and 6 of the Gorton grilled shrimp. Will have nice of side of what else???? Cottage cheese

Amber Gordo is on again X2 tonight
Old 08-09-2011, 05:26 PM   #239
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXniteowl View Post
redblack I did the italian style hamburger like you posted and it was . I will definitely put that into the rotation. Quick and easy and really yummy!
Teresa: I am glad you liked it. It really wasn't a recipe. I just threw it together as I needed something quick and easy to make. I am not very creative at all! LOL!!

I am not really into FF cottage cheese, but it has come in handy a few times. When I first started Dukan, I bought a container, and right now I can't remember the brand. It was very good. I have a container of Cabot FF cottage cheese ~ and it isn't too bad. I buy a lot of stuff at Trader Joe's, and I do not like their FF cottage cheese.

After a while eating plain meat will get boring; you need to doctor up the dishes. I have taken the FF cottage cheese and milk and mixed it in my little nut chopper; I have to smooth out the cottage cheese as I don't like the clumps. I've made some sauces to put over the chicken and fish! (I think you were the one that mentioned a Magic Bullet ~ I don't have one of those!) Although I used some yellow onion last night, most of the time I use shallots.

Tonight I am going to have some sauteed chicken breasts. I will saute some onion/or shallot with them. I will probably make a cream sauce of some sort for this. Got to see what I can find in my pantry.

I just bought a container of Trader Joe's FF Ricotta ~ I find it tasteless, but it comes in handy when throwing something together to eat. Also, I've been known to take a Tbsp or so, put some in a bowl and pour a little SF syrup over it and that's my dessert.
Old 08-09-2011, 05:41 PM   #240
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by amazinggrace911 View Post
Feeling pretty good! Just did my 3 mile WATP Express dvd -- 45 minutes of exercising! WOW! It just amazes me that I've been doing so much of the walking dvd's. Could never stick with it before!!
Lenise ~ good for you!

I did low carbing from 5/03 - to either 10/04 or 11/04 and lost 71 lbs. I walked outside, and did Leslie Sansone's WATP. I started off with the 1 mile, then 2 miles, then was doing 4 miles on a regular basis.

I am down 40 lbs from my highest weight (again) and I've lost it all by walking ~ so using the tapes or going outside -- it works!!

I don't buy the leg quarters. In my house we eat the white meat and the dark meat, but no one is really gung ho on the legs. When I have a taste for chicken thighs, the last couple times I have made them -- I have just taken a lemon, and squeezed it over the thighs. I don't like thighs cooked with the skin (even when I low carbed), so I remove it and cut off excess fat. I see Trader Joe's is in PA, and don't know if one is near you but I use their 21 Seasoning Salute on the chicken. It doesn't have salt in it for one thing. I also use it on veggies. (I used it a very long time ago... kind of stopped using it, and am back to using it again).