Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Other Plans
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-07-2011, 04:29 PM   #151
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: sinny
WOE: atkins
Start Date: 11/14/2004 new 10/9/12
Becky Wow I will have to make a trip to see you. before you melt away.

I was going to start Monday but we have a schedualed date with friends Tues. We get to gether for hot dogs on the grill, pole beans , poppers and wine. It is a once a year thing.
I therefore started yesterday and lost 3 lbs already. I figure if a get a few days in I will be able to be careful Tues, At least forego the poppers and rolls.

I really hate starting something and then going off so soon, but I can't keep putting it off. It is getting harder and harder to get around.

I am just so excited for everyone. I have along way to go,to get to wonderland.

Do you all do the oat bran? I will have to go to the store and fine it.

10/3/12 .................................................. ...............1/3/13
LC(283) a shocking day 11/3(275.8) 12/3(269.6)...(274.4)2/3(271.4)
WW-2/20(281.4)3/20(268.3)4/20(264.2)5/20(257)
sinny is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 08-07-2011, 04:33 PM   #152
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: becksterinindy
The cheaps ones I just used "buffet" as an example of pigging out but we usually do one maybe two. We get the 2 for 1 coupons for Main Street Station or the Fremont. We are all about eating cheaper and using coupons. I frequent the trip advisor vegas forum and most say the Flamingo's buffet is now bad but I have no idea. Never eaten there. We ALWAYS make sure we get to the Grand Lux at least once and otherwise play it by ear or stomach so to speak When were you there last? The nice buffets are approaching $40 now and that is just rediculous!
Old 08-07-2011, 04:36 PM   #153
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Bejewelme
Stats: 350+/221.4/198 (5'10)
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: restarted 9/27/2010
Becky- I am sorry about your DH, but true you aint dead and hey what happens in Vegas stays in Vegas, !!!! Might be time to get some big E!!!! LOL

OK girls I am so mad,215 this morning so what do I do? Say F it and eat everything in site, pasta, garlic bread, sugar cookies, Bobby was like OMG Mom what are you doing? LOL I guess I figure I will be fully bloated and blowing the scale at 250 tomorrow, LOL

I got all my FF crap, ughggh one more chicken breast I will seriously hurl, but I got 12 to cook this week, LOL

Diligently read Dukie at the beach did you see that about the cold shower burning 60 more calories, holy crap held the shower head on my armpits and hoochie as he says and it was not fun! LOL I sure hope I burned some calories cause it not I iced something, LOL

I am praying for the same attack results as last time, it said I would be at goal on 8/28 I am like why am I sucha dumb a** I should have stuck to it and saw it through I would be there by my deadline, but I will take what I am dealt!!!!

Going to post and maybe even take pics of everything for you all!!! I am doing a full 7 days of attack
Old 08-07-2011, 04:38 PM   #154

Bellagio is $30 I think for dinner, Paris is my favorite breakfast, OMG the crepes!!!! THe diner at Binion's had the best omelets!!!!
Bejewelme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011, 04:38 PM   #155
Big Yapper!!!!

sinny You were posting when I was. Just do Attack after the get together and start anew. I think that is the only way to handle it this early in. I don't think the oat bran is a must but might help you with fiber. I used to try to remember it everyday and now only on occasion. The first few years of his diet he didn't even use it. I am so happy you will be doing this with us and these gals here are great
becksterinindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011, 04:45 PM   #156
Big Yapper!!!!

LOL now Amber and I posting at the same time. I have heard that about cold shower and even ice baths before. Even Dr. Oz had it on his show and he got into a tub of ice cubes!!! Don't do anymore Amber or you will become frigid

You are going to take pics of hard boiled eggs and chicken Or what did you mean? A full 7 days, huh? I LOVE a challenge so we shall see
Old 08-07-2011, 04:47 PM   #157

Yeah maybe pics of everything, maybe pics of goji berry muffins, LOL Anything to keep me going, LOL Yes I am doing 7 days, you should see what I just ate today, ughghgg
Old 08-07-2011, 05:01 PM   #158
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: TXniteowl
Hey ladies. Mind if I join in? I am starting Attack on Monday ack make that tomorrow Scared but excited at the same time. I have followed Becky and watched her melt away. She tried to talk me into it when she was just reading up on it and I said it wasn't for me . But after seeing her results I HAVE to give it a try! Went to the store yesterday and bought my supplies.

Hi Sinny I found the oat bran at Kroger. Don't know if you have them there. Looks like we are starting at the same time. Good luck.... hope we can do this! I think I will be fine other than weekends. We are so used to eating out on weekends. That part will be hard.

I will weigh tomorrow for official weigh in but I am around 245 I think so have a LOT to lose. Also 58 years young

Phaedra I LOVE the Flamingo breakfast buffet. The Paris one is good but I think Flamingo for the money is really good too at least when we had it. But the crepes at the Paris one are to die for! I seem to like breakfast buffets more so than regular ones and I'm not even a big breakfast eater. Go figure!
Old 08-07-2011, 05:04 PM   #159
Major LCF Poster!

Bejewelme you should see what I've been eating the last 3 days knowing it is my last meals lol. I am excited to see your pics! The goji muffins sound good.

Ugh I could not do the cold showers! I am so cold natured and freezing most of the time anyway.
TXniteowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011, 05:09 PM   #160
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: amazinggrace911
Stats: 190/190/150 -- 5'8"
WOE: Whatever It Takes!!!!!
Start Date: 7/30/2014
Where are you guys finding ff mayo without corn syrup? Everything that I've seen has it in it.

I did make some tuna salad for dinner tonight and I used my strained ff yogurt instead of mayo. Tuna, yogurt, hard boiled egg, celery and lemon pepper seasoning. It turned out really good. I was surprised. Had it and zucchini/squash for dinner. Pretty soon I'm going to make some ff yogurt for dessert.

Going to go finish reading the posts!!
amazinggrace911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011, 05:15 PM   #161
Senior LCF Member

Amber, we're going to break through this week and get below 210 and stay below this time! We can do it!!! I lost @15 pounds in the first four weeks before, and I'd like to do it again.

DS decided on Texas Roadhouse tomorrow night. So I should at least be able to stay lc with no problem. Steak, veggies and salad. Sounds good to me!! That's what I did today -- lc. and I've done well SO far! Not going to blow it tonight! DD and I are going to run to walmart before too long, and when we get back I'm going to start my book again!
Old 08-07-2011, 05:19 PM   #162

Welcome Teresa!!! You can do it!!!
Lenise- yeah no kidding I clutch for dear life to hang on to 209 and then it goes up so high like overnight, I am so frustrated!!!!!! I gotta make this work, my mayo has corn syrup in it, but it is tasty, it is the generic Giant brand, I got FF everything, yuck I hate tuna, but I realized that Tony is grilling all this stuff tomorrow, so I guess I will have to take tuna or canned salmon for lunch, yucky!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I need to make up some Goji muffins they are easy to grab in the morning!!!!
Old 08-07-2011, 05:24 PM   #163
Senior LCF Member

Do you like egg salad?? Doesn't appeal to me, but some people like it lots.

I have been draining my yogurt and eating it. As long as I add some liquid sf syrup in it, I like it. Adds just enough of a creamy texture, but not too much. I buy the Giant nonfat yogurt. I like it the best so far, and they have been having it on sale lately.
Old 08-07-2011, 05:28 PM   #164

I buy the Chobani greek stuff I like that brand best,they were on sale today for $1.00 I am even going to yak down some FF cottage cheese, LOL Yeah I guess I could make egg salad, with the FF mayo.
Old 08-07-2011, 05:29 PM   #165
Senior LCF Member

I just realized I forgot to get the ff cottage cheese from Martin's! I like their brand best. I'll have to check at Walmart and see what they have. Don't have much money for groceries this week. It's a pain in the rear end!!
Old 08-07-2011, 05:40 PM   #166

THe last time I bought it I never even tried it and had to throw the whole container away this pains me with the cost of groceries, so if I open it I am committed!!!! LOL Gosh I have 5 people this week I spent $200 it is crazy!!!!! And I dont even buy the kids junk food, one bad of pretzels for them and popcorn for the micro that is it! Its the lunch meat and cheese and dairy and stuff that is so ridiculous!
Old 08-07-2011, 05:53 PM   #167
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Phaedra
Stats: 248/171/160
WOE: WW
Start Date: January 2005
Becky:Last time I was there was a year and a half ago and I was with my mother.Do Not, I repeat, Do Not take your mother.Its was horrible.Example she would not eat out. We had to go to the store and COOK. No Fun.Hopefully I can go back next spring and take my DBF and that will be fun. Sorry that the Flamingos gone bad,I really enjoyed that place.Things and places in Vegas go up and down...

Sinny:Evidently, Dukie thinks Oat Bran is a must so I do it. Like the muffins best and there easy to make.Rack Tue. up as an"I did the best I could" and keep marching. we will all probably have a fall down day but sh%#$ happens so don't beat yourself up.
Lets all try to remember that this is hopefully the last diet we will ever be on.I've been on a diet off and on since I was 5y/o (come Feb that 60 years) and I'm sick of them.This one seems to be the way out.

Come on in Teresa we always acommodate another Dukie Fan.

Kraft FF Mayo from Walmart has corn syrup but only 1 gm in a Tbl, and no fat so...

What format should we use to post daily?
ie:Post daily AM wieght and what we have for B'fast,then later in the day what exercise or amt of exercise we did and food we ate? I'm open for suggestions.

Between the price of gas and groceries,we live on a very very tight budget. So any money saving ideas are welcome

Dogs have owners.Cats have staff.

Nothing tastes as good as being thin feels.
Phaedra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011, 05:53 PM   #168
Senior LCF Member

I know. Prices are just going through the roof. Probably going to head to aldi's this week if i get paid.

Off to walmart!!!
Old 08-07-2011, 06:22 PM   #169

Phaedra- just post whatever you want when you want, I usually blab throughout the day and then the following morning post my weight what I ate the whole previous day, any exercise, etc. This is to help each other and whatever is comfortable is fine we gotta encourage the others so it is more for ideas of what to eat, etc, and then you have a log so you can say, well gee I lost 5 pounds eating this, and look back on it!!!

We can do it!! Indeed money is tight, and eating healthy is the most expensive of diets, luckily eggs are pure protein and relatively cheap!!!
Old 08-07-2011, 06:35 PM   #170
Senior LCF Member

Thanks Amber will do.

By the way do you play Bejeweled? I'm addicted, Love those bombs I think I get rid of my stress blowing jewels up LOL

Thank God for eggs.

Have a good evening and a great Monday.
Onward thru the Fog!!!
Old 08-07-2011, 06:44 PM   #171
Big Yapper!!!!

Teresa and glad you decided to join us I know you like muffins so there ya go!! Look at all the talk about them. Many here with a sweet tooth too

Phaedra I think at the very least everyone should post before going to bed and give a run down of the day. Of course ya all know I'll be a post ho Heck I'd eat at the Flamingo buffet if I had a deal. Some of them on the Vegas forum and such snobs. We usually go twice a year but quitting work early in life might put a damper on things. Maybe we can meet up sometime and show each other our spanking new bodies I have been in Vegas with both sinny and Teresa a few times.

Amber I do wish sometimes I could look back and see what I ate when but usually it includes eggs and tuna everyday. Hope I don't die of mercury poison or anything

Lenise The Roadhouse is so yummy!! Enjoy I like Martin's cottage cheese too. Hope you find some good sales and bargains.

I am eating some veggies I needed to use up. Zucchini, onions and mushrooms and left over marinaded steak. The last is gone from the freezer now and I am glad b/c I don't want high sodium foods this week if I can avoid it. I like eating late and also like to eat at least yogurt right before bed. I keep thinking this week I should try to not eat late but on the other hand it hasn't seemed to hurt me yet.
Old 08-07-2011, 06:46 PM   #172
Big Yapper!!!!

Where can I play and blow up the bombs?????? oops I mean jewels ETA is was bombs lol and I haven't been drinking!
Old 08-07-2011, 07:02 PM   #173
Senior LCF Member

go to yahoo and type in bejeweled. Its a hoot!!
Old 08-07-2011, 07:07 PM   #174
Senior LCF Member

I play bejeweled blitz on fb all the time! My favorite game!!

Found some chicken leg quarters marked down at walmart so I got them. $4.00 for ten pounds. Will cook them on Tuesday for the rest of the week.

Watching In Plain Sight -- season finale!! Love the show!
Old 08-07-2011, 07:07 PM   #175
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phaedra View Post
go to yahoo and type in bejeweled. Its a hoot!!
ok thanks!
Old 08-07-2011, 07:16 PM   #176
Senior LCF Member

lenise,How do you prepare your chicken quarters?Love 'em fried but that out soooo
Old 08-07-2011, 07:20 PM   #177
Senior LCF Member

Well, I'd prefer dh to grill them! But I'll bake them with some lemon juice and lemon pepper seasoning. I'll cut off as much of the skin as I can so the seasonings soak into the meat.
Old 08-07-2011, 07:24 PM   #178
Senior LCF Member

Great Idea i'll give that a try.Thank you.
Old 08-07-2011, 09:48 PM   #179
Major LCF Poster!

Sinny I forgot to comment on your 3 pound loss first day
Wowzers! Good motivation to keep going too.

Thanks for the welcome everyone. Tomorrow I will post what I eat and what exercise I do. The dreaded "e" word

Gotta go put my oat bran in the yogurt for tomorrow. Becky likes it to sit overnight so I'm going to try that. May make the muffins once I get going with this.

I wish I had a new avatar pic. That one was in Vegas a few years ago with Becky, Sinny and a few other friends. My face is all shiny because it was super hot that day. I take the WORST pictures though and can never get another one that I like.

Nite all. Tomorrow is day 1 for me. Tired of losing and gaining the same 30 lbs over and over so hopefully this will be the plan that works for me!
TXniteowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011, 11:40 PM   #180
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Patlaf
Stats: start 226/178/145
Quote:
Originally Posted by becksterinindy View Post

My bff is starting Dukan tomorrow. Hope she feels like posting here She is long time LCF member.

sinny hope you are ready
Beckster I hope this isn't the size 6 friend who's going to Vegas.

Sinny and Teresa

Lenise, enjoy your DS's birthday today.

I'm joining you just for today. DD's flight doesn't get in until six o'clock, so I will try to do a good Attack day prior to the orgy of wine and garlic shrimp to come.

I was reading another low carb site, and one of the Dukan bunch had an interesting way of doing it--she does Monday to Thursday PP and Friday Saturday and Sunday PV. That seems like a socially acceptable way of doing it and eliminates having to think of Is today PP or PV (assuming that one's tired old brain can remember what day of the week it is).

Ready, Steady, GO

Pat
Patlaf is offline   Reply With Quote