Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Other Plans
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-30-2011, 05:40 AM   #571
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: iamfaithful
September is Stimulating???

I love my MK shakes! I drink them every day & 2 bottles of Kombucha.

I am on relief/call duty for Gramma, she is winding down her life and two of us are there 24/7. Sometimes, like yeaterday there is not much time to eat right when I have to make so many runs (which I could not do B4 KT). Yday was 1 of those days.

Started with my MK Shake with Oat Brand
By hunch there was no time to eat much, so when I ran a Wendys trip for her, I grabbed a chicken burger thyp thing from there & woffed it down... Haven't had anything like that since March....Taste was wonderful but as I literally shoved it in because by this time I was ravenous (bad thing on a terrific eating program); all the while looking at the EMPTY calories & nutrition in what they call food. But it was filling for the moment.
Later it was time for meds & again my tummy was empty-I really needed to pack snacks for a day like this but somedays it just aint gonna happen... Down went a piece of plain cornbread thay was in the house! I would eat better when things slowed down.

Didn't happen! Peanut butter sandwich on white bread was BEST CHICE & later it was a BLT --that was what was there.

I returned too tired to think but knew I needed fuel for the nnight! So, MK shake with 4 slices of peaches, dash of vanilla, 1/4 tsp Truvia & my trusty oat brand 2Tb.

down 1 lb today! Guess I will take Kefir, Oat Bran, froz fruit & 3ruvia to her house with a personal shake maker! I canusually find eggs there but they are regular & I find them difficult to eat hnowing what they put those chickens through.

I eat organic when I can but can't get raw milk here & organic is ultrapasturized & won't Kefir or Yogurt well... Also organic eggs went to $3.88/dz here @ WM so I had to go to free range. what to do- they don't allow mych choices...

Another busy day! Enjoy your plan today & live life to it's fullest!
iamfaithful is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 08-30-2011, 05:46 AM   #572
Major LCF Poster!

Sorry for the typos this phone is tiny- we are flexable here I think- so I am sure you can read between the letters thanks!
Old 08-30-2011, 11:24 AM   #573
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Phaedra
Stats: 248/171/160
WOE: WW
Start Date: January 2005
How about;

FALL for Dukan or,
Welcome to FALL or,
Dukaners welcome FALL or,
Watch the pounds FALL with Dukan.
Just thoughts..........
Phaedra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 12:05 PM   #574
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: TXniteowl
Hey Ladies!

Still here and still on plan. Went through a 5 or 6 day stall and then have dropped 2 pounds since. Down to 233.4 and can't wait to get to the 220's. That's 14 and a half pounds since I started on Aug. 8.

Not creative at all but how about Stunning September Done the Dukan Way. Or something like that . Some other good suggestions have been made.

I am loving this plan. I have copied a few of the recipes from the DukanItOut site which keeps things fresh for me. I like trying new recipes.

to iamfaithful and stilldews

Won't try to address everyone as I am so far behind. Just wanted to check in real quick. Sounds like everyone is doing great
Old 08-30-2011, 12:05 PM   #575
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Purrcy'smom
Stats: 216/193.5/158
WOE: Dukan and the CTFLC
Start Date: May 9, 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by iamfaithful View Post
Sorry for the typos this phone is tiny- we are flexable here I think- so I am sure you can read between the letters thanks!
Hey what are MK shakes?
Purrcy'smom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 12:07 PM   #576
Senior LCF Member

Lost on all the acronyms, LOL no idea what is being said/.....

Quote:
And what you ferment at home is so much better than store bought. Often we LBKKF 898 have grains that we will "gift" in exchange for postage (usually around $5.25) and we have SCOBYS too. So if you decide to ferment for yourself and control what is in your kefir, join us on the threads & let us know of the need!

@ LivinLoCarb ~ thanks! Was easier with a real computer not just my little phone... I read the whole Kombucha thread before I started brewing. What KT has done for my body is INCREDIBLE... will find where I have the story and will try to paste here if anyone might be interested. Not sure if it is on LCF or KKU.

It will be fun here! No one around me seems to know anything about this Eating Plan (I dont believe in diets as they DONT WORK).
Old 08-30-2011, 12:14 PM   #577
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phaedra View Post
Dear Purrr,
Prayers headed your way for you, your Dad and family.

This helps me keep it straight. Odd numbered days are PP and even numbered days are PV.

1/2lb gain while travelin' is great. Keep Truckin'
Thanks everyone for your well wishes re: dad and your insight- I will kill the nut butters ( has anyone examined the powdered roasted Peanut butter? lo carb and lo fat? wondering....) I didn't realize the string cheese would be bad. I have been having some fat free mozz on my little eggplant pizzas on PV days so I guess I have to remove that too!

And Phaedra, that is a kickbutt idea about the odd and even numbered days! thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PS: Dad had a setback yesterday, a really bad reaction to the immunotherapy/chemo treatment. They had to hospitlaize him, Praying that they can finish todya without incident.. hard when they are so far away.
Old 08-30-2011, 01:46 PM   #578
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: stilldews
WOE: Keto Diet
Will keep your Dad in my prayers Purrcy's Mom.

Went to Trader Joe's this morning and stocked up on some food for the coming week. Picked up some nice organic mixed salad greens, fresh mushrooms, mai mai fish, more Greek yogurt and some organic milk to make kefir with. Got the 2% since I've read recently that we can use up to 2% and I think it may work better with the kefir grains than skim. Love the new Trader Joe store we have here in town. Once I clean out my freezer, I am hoping to be able to afford to switch to their grass fed meats. The prices there are the best I've seen. The increased levels of CLA in it are suppose to help with weight loss. Will take any help I can get.

Susan
Old 08-30-2011, 02:49 PM   #579
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purrcy'smom View Post
Hey what are MK shakes?
Milk Kefir Shakes ~ I ferment my own MK with MK Grains! We "gift" them when we have extras... We a thread Kefir Fermenters Unite!
Old 08-30-2011, 10:38 PM   #580
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: amazinggrace911
Stats: 190/190/150 -- 5'8"
WOE: Whatever It Takes!!!!!
Start Date: 7/30/2014
Just wanted to say a quick hi! Haven't been on the computer much this week. It's just been busy around here. I'm at 211. TOM is due and I'm feeling yucky. Interview is tomorrow, so keep that in your prayers. I need to get back to work so I can have some money for food and get back on plan!

Nighty night!
amazinggrace911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 04:31 AM   #581
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Bejewelme
Stats: 350+/221.4/198 (5'10)
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: restarted 9/27/2010
Good luck today Lenise, I am sure with your personality you will do fine and get the job!!!!
Bejewelme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 05:28 AM   #582
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by amazinggrace911 View Post
Just wanted to say a quick hi! Haven't been on the computer much this week. It's just been busy around here. I'm at 211. TOM is due and I'm feeling yucky. Interview is tomorrow, so keep that in your prayers. I need to get back to work so I can have some money for food and get back on plan!

Nighty night!
Will be praying all goes well in EVERY area!
Take a deep breath & relax as much as possible ~ stress is a harmful thing.

Remember: LF dairy & eggs are an inexpensive way to get your protein...

Last edited by iamfaithful; 08-31-2011 at 05:30 AM..
Old 08-31-2011, 08:51 AM   #583
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: stilldews
WOE: Keto Diet
Will be sending positive thoughts your way Lenise.

Weight today is 191.2. Down 7.2 pounds since starting. That's faster than I can remember losing in a long time. Don't think I even lost that much in 1 week when I was on Dr supervised medifast at 400 calories a day. I'll be happy if I can add vegetables back this week and even just hold.

Have a good day everyone and just keep doing it one day at a time.
stilldews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 09:12 AM   #584
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Bejewelme
Stats: 350+/221.4/198 (5'10)
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: restarted 9/27/2010
Still dews-- congrats!!!!!!!!! That is awesome weight loss, we need to see those big losses to keep going!!! You can do it!
Bejewelme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 09:12 AM   #585
Major LCF Poster!

Stilldews, way proud for your success! You can do it!
Old 08-31-2011, 09:36 AM   #586
Senior LCF Member

Great loss!!!

I am thrilled this morning cause I have on a pair of pants that I bought two years ago and couldn't wear -- and I am about the same weight!! But with the extra exercising I've been doing I know I've been losing inches just not pounds. I want to lose pounds too, though!! lol. I know it will happen eventually. Just need to try to stay as close to plan as possible.

Have a great day!
Old 08-31-2011, 12:39 PM   #587
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Milk Kefir Shakes ~ I ferment my own MK with MK Grains! We "gift" them when we have extras... We a thread Kefir Fermenters Unite!
I am going to have learn up on this.. I prefer kefir salad dressings, but like stunad was unaware we could use if for shakes. Do you possibly have a link or info site you could point me to? thanks for the info!
Old 08-31-2011, 04:55 PM   #588
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purrcy'smom View Post
I am going to have learn up on this.. I prefer kefir salad dressings, but like stunad was unaware we could use if for shakes. Do you possibly have a link or info site you could point me to? thanks for the info!
Hon, on the organic eating section we have a spot for Kefir Fermenters Unite! We do lots of crazy thinge there like experiment & traid grains.

I kinda invented my shakes...
put some MK in a blender, add some vanilla & maybe ome berries (just a few), Truvia or sweetner of your choice, & anything you may want like frozen whey cubes, ice cubes, FROZEN berries/fruit, frozen kefir or yogurt, & I put my oat brand in mine daily.

You can just let your imagination go wild! I got the idea because I first saw kefir @ WalMart in flavors... I got grains...ferment my own and the sky is the limit!

Do you ferment or do you need grains? Come join us at the fermenter's thread.

Do you Kombucha to? We have a thread on that as well... So much fun!!!
Old 08-31-2011, 04:58 PM   #589
Major LCF Poster!

@ amazinggrace 911

Great going! I need to motivate my self to get exercising again! Got a motivator? How about you challenge me & make me accountable to you every day?
Old 08-31-2011, 05:09 PM   #590
Senior LCF Member

My motivator has been so that I would be able to get back to work. I had back surgery last year after losing the ability to walk and have spent the past year recovering and strengthening my muscles. We can report on here every day. Amber usually reports what she has done. She's the exercise queen!!! Okay. I'm going to do a three mile walk in a bit. What exercising have you done today???

I just need to get back on track with food. Been using all kinds of excuses. But now that I'll be going back to work, I need to be focused before I start back. Start back on the right foot!!!
Old 08-31-2011, 05:24 PM   #591
Major LCF Poster!

Right now my yard (2.5 acres) but I have a full gym downstairs... Guess after my "pooper scooper" 60 min job in the morning I just need to get down there before I get my shower! OK tomorrow that is what I will do?

Happy to hear your backis better. That is a toughy! I had knee replacement last year... Hmmm! I am posed to be walking a mile or two a day! OOPS! I'm BAD! Yep tomorrow morning!

BTW Who is starting the new thread? I would but can't post a link from my phone.

Last edited by iamfaithful; 08-31-2011 at 05:28 PM..
Old 08-31-2011, 05:30 PM   #592
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: LivinLoCarb
WOE: Dukan
Start Date: May 10, 2011
Quote:
...BTW Who is starting the new thread? I would but can't post a link from my phone.
Thanks, everyone, for your help with the September thread title. I've got a title typed out and ready to go. I've tried to incorporate your ideas, as well as some extra special encouragement for the ones who are enduring trials that go far beyond weight loss.

Here's a link:
Dukan Diet -- Stunning September! Impossible things happen!

Last edited by LivinLoCarb; 08-31-2011 at 05:35 PM..
LivinLoCarb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 06:50 PM   #593
Senior LCF Member

I like the title for the month and I agree!! Ready for a new month!! Anyone here work night shift? I just wonder how this is going to affect my weight. I plan on packing my lunch and taking it. Just need to stay away from those snacks at breaktime!

Did my 3 mile watp express dvd. Felt good! I could have gone for another mile, but I have limited options on the old tv/dvd downstairs. No remote so the only thing I can't choose anything. Just have to insert and play.

Tomorrow morning I'm going with ds to Greensburg when he has his interview. Not sure what I'm going to do. But lots of praying! This is his first real interview, and they ask weird questions.

Have a nice evening!