Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Other Plans
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-02-2011, 01:17 PM   #31
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: becksterinindy
My friend in Texas gets it all the time at World Market. We don't have one here
becksterinindy is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 08-02-2011, 01:21 PM   #32
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: LivinLoCarb
WOE: Dukan
Start Date: May 10, 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by spydermonkey511 View Post
Have a family reunion this weekend. I'm thinking of doing 3 PP days so I can eat PV over the weekend. That will be much easier. We will see.
I'm doing a LOT of that lately. Currently doing 2 PP to make up for 2 PV over the weekend. Gotta keep my calendar handy.
LivinLoCarb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 01:56 PM   #33
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: LaraSuzz
Stats: baby steps
WOE: Dr. Atw Simeons Protocol
Start Date: restart 3/5/2012 multiple rounds
Quote:
Originally Posted by cloaz View Post
Finally found the Torani sugar free syrups - World Market!

Questions: how do you get your name to show up each time below your message? & who do I contact about having my Ticker on here?
They have them at WalMart superstore on Ina and La Cholla. $4.28 and if you email the company they will send you coupons! I haven't seenthem at the grocery store walmarts tho...

you can go to Lily Slim's website create a ticker, save it like a pic, and then import it on the signature line...

Last edited by LaraSuzz; 08-02-2011 at 02:02 PM..
LaraSuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 02:38 PM   #34
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: spydermonkey511
Quote:
Originally Posted by LivinLoCarb View Post
I'm doing a LOT of that lately. Currently doing 2 PP to make up for 2 PV over the weekend. Gotta keep my calendar handy.
can we do it like that the PP after the PV? That would be easier.
spydermonkey511 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 03:19 PM   #35
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
can we do it like that the PP after the PV? That would be easier.
Well, I didn't have enough warning on the social event to be able to do it any other way. As long as the number of my PP days match the number of my PV days, the end result on my scale stays on-trend.
Old 08-02-2011, 03:34 PM   #36
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: skatyh
Stats: 195/190/140
WOE: Dukan Diet
Start Date: June 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by becksterinindy View Post
Weight the same today.

skatyh How long have you been doing Dukan? We are glad to have you!
I started Dukan just over ten days ago. Have been a low carb lover for years but hit a wall when I started going through menopause. My daughter was starting a raw food diet with a friend who was writing a book and starting a online community and she convinced me to give it a try. Spent a year not eating meat. I lost as long as I stayed 100% raw but didn't have the time or energy to prepare all of the meals. When I tried to combine fruits and proteins, back came the weight. I learned lots about preparing raw foods and Dukan is the perfect WOE for someone who loves vegetables. One of my favorites has adapted perfectly for Dukan...fresh zucchini angel hair pasta with fresh meat sauce.

I have lost 11 lbs in my first two weeks of Dukan but still have a ways to go. Will get up a ticker to track my weight loss. Thanks for the warm welcome!
skatyh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 03:37 PM   #37
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: cloaz
Stats: 218/176.5/150
Start Date: July 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaraSuzz View Post
They have them at WalMart superstore on Ina and La Cholla. $4.28 and if you email the company they will send you coupons! I haven't seenthem at the grocery store walmarts tho...

you can go to Lily Slim's website create a ticker, save it like a pic, and then import it on the signature line...
I'm on the East side - Sabino Canyon & River area, so World Market is a lot closer.
cloaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 03:49 PM   #38
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by skatyh View Post
... Will get up a ticker to track my weight loss...
To save your sanity, Skatyh, I'll mention that "to add a ticker into your signature you have to be a member for 60 days and have 60 posts." I'm quoting Cheri, a forum moderator, from this thread:
Instructions on how to add a ticker into your signature (pictures included!)

Last edited by LivinLoCarb; 08-02-2011 at 03:50 PM..
Old 08-02-2011, 04:57 PM   #39
Junior LCF Member

Delicious Dukan Dessert

Quote:
To save your sanity, Skatyh, I'll mention that "to add a ticker into your signature you have to be a member for 60 days and have 60 posts." I'm quoting Cheri, a forum moderator, from this thread:
Instructions on how to add a ticker into your signature (pictures included!)
Thanks...I've been around since 2007 but not much of a poster, so the ticker will have to wait.

Just had a wonderful dessert on my PP day. I just discovered Dannon Greek 0% Fat Yogurt...it is super creamy compared to all of the other Greek yogurts. Topped that with another new item I found, Walden Farms Calorie Free Chocolate Syrup. Whipped it up like a chocolate mousse with a small amount of stevia. Yum!

Anyone have any suggestions for the Walden Farms products on Dukan? I plan to order the pancake syrup to try on the oat bran pancake.
Old 08-02-2011, 05:07 PM   #40
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by skatyh View Post
Thanks...I've been around since 2007 but not much of a poster, so the ticker will have to wait.

Just had a wonderful dessert on my PP day. I just discovered Dannon Greek 0% Fat Yogurt...it is super creamy compared to all of the other Greek yogurts. Topped that with another new item I found, Walden Farms Calorie Free Chocolate Syrup. Whipped it up like a chocolate mousse with a small amount of stevia. Yum!

Anyone have any suggestions for the Walden Farms products on Dukan? I plan to order the pancake syrup to try on the oat bran pancake.
I use the Walden Farms products although Dukan says not to. The syrup is good although runnier than regular. The chocolate dip is much better than the sauce. I mix the orange marmelade with ff cream cheese to top the pancake - very good. The only salad dressing I like of their's is the balsamic. & the bbq sauce isn't bad as a dip for chicken or beef .
I find all of this in a local store.
Old 08-02-2011, 06:13 PM   #41
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
I use the Walden Farms products although Dukan says not to. The syrup is good although runnier than regular. The chocolate dip is much better than the sauce. I mix the orange marmelade with ff cream cheese to top the pancake - very good. The only salad dressing I like of their's is the balsamic. & the bbq sauce isn't bad as a dip for chicken or beef .
I find all of this in a local store.
I didn't realize that the products weren't allowed on the plan. I guess that's what I love about Dukan...you can customize to what works for you. If I stop losing, I'll stop using. Nice to have some little extra's when you need them. I will definitely try the orange marmelade. My hubby has ff cream cheese and smoked salmon on his and thinks he's died and gone to heaven.
Old 08-03-2011, 06:49 AM   #42
Senior LCF Member

Here's my shopping list of Walden Farms products:
  • the BBQ sauces are good. We've tried original, hickory, and honey. We use it on plain take-out meat from our favorite BBQ restaurant.
  • the coleslaw sauce is good on a bag of pre-shredded cabbage.
  • the ready-to-serve salad dressing packets are good for travel and restaurants.
  • the balsamic vinaigrette bottled salad dressing is good.
  • seafood sauce is good for dipping shrimp.
  • my husband likes the tomato ketchup.

We have hit new lows on the morning after eating these products, so I've gained confidence in using them.

PS I've read an interview done with Pierre Dukan, and he does NOT use his own diet except for a few days after Christmas. I don't think he FEELS the need for variety in his diet. Hence my confidence in tweaking his excellent overall plan.

Last edited by LivinLoCarb; 08-03-2011 at 06:53 AM..
Old 08-03-2011, 07:03 AM   #43
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Bejewelme
Stats: 350+/221.4/198 (5'10)
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: restarted 9/27/2010
The Walden farms jelly is really good and the marshmallow dip, I am not a fan of the BBQ sauce but desperate times, desperate measures, I swear if I eat one more grilled chicken breast I am going to hurl! LOL

Becky I think I am giving old Dukie a try again next week, can you share like what you are eating in day? Do you track your calories or carbs and fat? I am so desperate to get under 200 soon, and this darn leg messing with my cardio is making it tough. Stitches come out next Wed then its back to the track and running again. I am convinced that the high protein, low fat works, I think it is a little hard to stick with but if I could lose 7 pounds in week like last time I am doing it!
Old 08-03-2011, 07:26 AM   #44
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Well, I didn't have enough warning on the social event to be able to do it any other way. As long as the number of my PP days match the number of my PV days, the end result on my scale stays on-trend.
thanks! This week there are jsut tons of thinks going on and I want to be able to handle it al.
Old 08-03-2011, 07:27 AM   #45
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Here's my shopping list of Walden Farms products:
  • the BBQ sauces are good. We've tried original, hickory, and honey. We use it on plain take-out meat from our favorite BBQ restaurant.
  • the coleslaw sauce is good on a bag of pre-shredded cabbage.
  • the ready-to-serve salad dressing packets are good for travel and restaurants.
  • the balsamic vinaigrette bottled salad dressing is good.
  • seafood sauce is good for dipping shrimp.
  • my husband likes the tomato ketchup.

We have hit new lows on the morning after eating these products, so I've gained confidence in using them.

PS I've read an interview done with Pierre Dukan, and he does NOT use his own diet except for a few days after Christmas. I don't think he FEELS the need for variety in his diet. Hence my confidence in tweaking his excellent overall plan.
What is his reasoning for not using it? Not even on thursday?
Old 08-03-2011, 07:31 AM   #46
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
He's not overweight. Once upon a time, I did not diet. Christmas weight would just fall off on its own by February. Then there was my 37th Christmas, and that story became history.
Old 08-03-2011, 07:41 AM   #47
Big Yapper!!!!

Morning all. Down to a new low 205

Amber I admit in the back of mind calories are thought about but I have never belonged to ****** or written anything down while on a diet. I do think for the most part I have been very low on calories. I could have been you last week with the chicken talk and infact wrote my bff that exact thing almost word for word. I found a solution for me (for now anyway) re: chicken. I cut up a fesh breast (I decided the fresh tastes better than the frozen bag of breasts) into cubes and then maridnaded it in Wishbone Italian dressing but I add several drops of liquid splenda. The tastes is more Asian tasting to me that way. I then pan fry it. I first did this with shrimp and it was so yummy I went for the chicken and loved it!! OK this is getting long and I am sure boring I think it would be neat for all of us to list what we have eaten at the end of each day but I understand that makes this more of a chore. I will try to list what I ate yesterday if I can recall:

HB egg
Carbmaster yogurt (only go to Kroger for this and need to go today!)
tuna and shredded red cabbage mixed with some Ken's lite poppyseed dressing (love this stuff!)
several celery sticks and cauli and some poppyseed dressing
6 Gorton grilled scampi shrimp (expensive but on sale)
chicken done in the above described fashion
fresh mushrooms, oinon, zucchini and fresh garlic sauteed
Greek yogurt with s/f vanilla and splenda stirred in
a few diet pops, MIO in water and a few green teas plus WATER pot of coffee with s/f syrup

OK this is all I can think of but I was gone a few hours yesterday which helps with the not grabbing something

I usually do a few eggs and a pouch of tuna everyday
Old 08-03-2011, 07:52 AM   #48
Big Yapper!!!!

__________________________________________________ _____

To sell a book and make money

Seriously the diet is working for me but I could care less what "the Dukan heads" have to say about anything I want to do or product I want to use. I do as LivinLo does and see if something hinders me.

Spyder I think you will be fine doing a few P days to make up for a weekend of PV

skatyh I found the Dannon Greek yogurt in the 32 ounce size last month for the first time and I love it too I mix mine with s/f vanilla syrup and a few squirts of splenda. I used to use the TBS of oatbran in it everyday but now it is occasionally when I think about the oatbran or think I need the fiber. So your husband does Dukan too? Welcome to the other side of menopause
Old 08-03-2011, 08:05 AM   #49

Becky thanks for that, and you know me I agree you gotta make it work for you, for me the hard part is the low fat, like cooking I am so used to being able to use olive oil, etc. I wish I could get that Karb master yogurt, no luck here. I still prefer the Chobani FF Greek yogurt I tried the tub of the Dannon and I didnt care for it, but then again I am sort of picky! Today I am mixing splenda and cinnamon in Chobani and dipping Granny Smith apples, and Cinnamon almonds for lunch, none of that is Dukan I realize but its work out night so I can have more carbs today. I have to debate about next week.

Yeah I just get so sick of the same old stuff! I did find turkey burgers at the market with spinach and feta OMG so good, it tasted so good to have something with more flavor, I need to find some good low fat dressings too
Bejewelme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 08:15 AM   #50
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
...So your husband does Dukan too?
Yes, and I am thrilled to have him as a diet buddy. I was afraid that, with him being a man and all, that he would lose much faster and I would get discouraged. But I am thrilled that we are losing at almost exactly the same pace. It helps me to see him hit little plateaus, just like I do. And he has NO patience for Dukan as guru; he tweaks even more than I do!
Old 08-03-2011, 08:17 AM   #51
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Purrcy'smom
Stats: 216/193.5/158
WOE: Dukan and the CTFLC
Start Date: May 9, 2011
I finally broke below 2 today- 199! I can't believe it. I am so happy- I was nearly ready to give up when I was a lb up last week. Thank you guys so much for not giving up on me!
Purrcy'smom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 08:20 AM   #52
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purrcy'smom View Post
I finally broke below 2 today- 199! I can't believe it. I am so happy- I was nearly ready to give up when I was a lb up last week. Thank you guys so much for not giving up on me!
Wowie, wowie!! Huge applause and fanfare!!! WAY TO GO!!!
Old 08-03-2011, 08:33 AM   #53
Big Yapper!!!!

Oh Purr you found your way here I need to bump this about July thread now.
Old 08-03-2011, 08:45 AM   #54
Senior LCF Member

The reasoning behind no Walden Farms is that it is chemicals - no dietary benifit @ all, however, it has none of the fat, carbs, sugar & it's not like we just drink it or eat in huge quantities so...

I use the Fage yogurt - Costco has the 32oz tub for under $6. Add a little sf jello crystals & it is very good!

Purrcy'smom - way to go!!!

yesterday I had:
Galette Pancake w/sf Tarani syrup (better with the Walden Farms syrup)
a littel chicken & yogurt w/ss jello
celery smeared w/ff cream cheese & gogi berries (aunts on a log)
chicken strips dipped in WF bbq, sauted zuccini & mushrooms (use chicken broth to saute - keep adding as needed)
FF cottage cheese w/ff jello crystals (not as good as w/the yogurt)

just finished walking for 1 hr - going to weigh & shower!!!
Lots of water & 1 glass of ice tea
Old 08-03-2011, 08:48 AM   #55
Senior LCF Member

almost forgot - also made a milk shake that was delish:
1 c ff milk
dash of Torani syrup
cinnamon
splenda
1 T oat bran (only had 1 in my gallette)
2 c ice in the blender

It was so thick, I had to eat part of it with a spoon! Think I'll try pumpkin pie spice instead of cinnamon next time.
Old 08-03-2011, 08:49 AM   #56
Senior LCF Member

I get them on amazon..... they have every flavor on there!
Old 08-03-2011, 08:56 AM   #57
Senior LCF Member

Quote:

Amber I admit in the back of mind calories are thought about but I have never belonged to ****** or written anything down while on a diet. I do think for the most part I have been very low on calories. I could have been you last week with the chicken talk and infact wrote my bff that exact thing almost word for word. I found a solution for me (for now anyway) re: chicken. I cut up a fesh breast (I decided the fresh tastes better than the frozen bag of breasts) into cubes and then maridnaded it in Wishbone Italian dressing but I add several drops of liquid splenda. The tastes is more Asian tasting to me that way. I then pan fry it. I first did this with shrimp and it was so yummy I went for the chicken and loved it!! OK this is getting long and I am sure boring I think it would be neat for all of us to list what we have eaten at the end of each day but I understand that makes this more of a chore. I will try to list what I ate yesterday if I can recall:

HB egg
Carbmaster yogurt (only go to Kroger for this and need to go today!)
tuna and shredded red cabbage mixed with some Ken's lite poppyseed dressing (love this stuff!)
several celery sticks and cauli and some poppyseed dressing
6 Gorton grilled scampi shrimp (expensive but on sale)
chicken done in the above described fashion
fresh mushrooms, oinon, zucchini and fresh garlic sauteed
Greek yogurt with s/f vanilla and splenda stirred in
a few diet pops, MIO in water and a few green teas plus WATER pot of coffee with s/f syrup

OK this is all I can think of but I was gone a few hours yesterday which helps with the not grabbing something

I usually do a few eggs and a pouch of tuna everyday
Beckster!!!!!
Old 08-03-2011, 08:58 AM   #58
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
1 c ff milk
dash of Torani syrup
cinnamon
splenda
2 c ice in the blender

It was so thick, I had to eat part of it with a spoon! Think I'll try pumpkin pie spice instead of cinnamon next time.
Hi Cloaz, I never thought of putting the oats in my shakes! I made a killer shake too_ a little plain greek n/f yogurt, ice, Designer whey lo-carb protein powder, water, and an E.A.S> carb control choc drink ( for added ooomph- came out to 9 carbs obut on PV day it is awesome!
Old 08-03-2011, 09:53 AM   #59

Purcy- congrats hun WOW breaking 200 is huge!!!
Bejewelme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 10:02 AM   #60
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: amazinggrace911
Stats: 230.8/159.2/150 -- 5'8"
WOE: Whatever It Takes!!!!!
Start Date: 05/24/2011
Quote:
Woohoo!! 199 is coming up quickly!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purrcy'smom View Post
Congratulations!! I can't wait to see that number!!

Quote:
1 c ff milk
dash of Torani syrup
cinnamon
splenda
2 c ice in the blender

That sounds really good!! Has anyone tried freezing the greek yogurt and then blending it with a sweetener and whatever else?? I saw that hint on an old yogurt icecream post on here, but I haven't attempted it yet. Need to do that. Opened my last container of yogurt today, so I'm going to need to get some more soon.

Back on plan!!!
amazinggrace911 is offline   Reply With Quote