Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Other Plans
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-16-2011, 06:50 AM   #1
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Nigel
Anyone doing a raw food diet?

Is anyone doing a raw food diet here or a partially raw food diet?

I just watched this documentary called "Fat, Sick, and Nearly Dead" and then I found a raw recipe book and video that has me intrigured.

To be honest, I don't know if I can stand doing a totatlly raw food diet for the rest of my life, but I'd like to incorporate it into my eating program a few days per week or part of each day.

Right now, I'm doing a 10-day detox program, but after I start adding other foods back in, I want to have raw food options, if at all possible.

So please share any recipes or experiences you have with eating the raw food plan or just raw food recipes.

From watching the raw food video, I had no idea that nuts could be used in so many different ways, as well as avocados, etc.
Nigel is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 07-17-2011, 02:21 PM   #2
Deb
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Deb
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nigel View Post
Is anyone doing a raw food diet

I just watched this documentary called "Fat, Sick, and Nearly Dead" .
was this on TV ?

I have done some juice fasting but only for a couple..three days at a time

just moving in the next few days and im thinking of doing some raw when we are settled
Deb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2011, 02:50 PM   #3
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I watched it on Netflix. They have it on instant play right now.

It's about a guy that decided to detox for 60 days because he had some kind of rash like skin disease and had to take medicine and he wanted to lose weight and then get off the medications.

He met up with a trucker who was really big and later the trucker got this guy to help him detox also. The trucker's story was the most amazing to me and inspiring.

Online, I have done searches for raw food recipes and found several interesting videos to watch and newsletters that I subscribed to as well as piles of recipes for juicing and other foods.

You survive on micronutients only. And raw is the best choice.
Micronutrients are Fruits, Vegetables, Nuts, and Beans.
From most of the recipes, they don't use the beans, just the rest.

You get enough protein from the fruits, vegetables, and nuts and a lot more nutrition.

If you sweeten something in the recipes, you use dates or other fruits.
For sour cream and stuff like that, you use avocado.
It is very intereresting to read the recipes and esp. the ones that have pics of the food.

They make cake, pie, ice cream, pudding, etc. all raw and mostly from nuts, fruit, and avocados. They also dehydrate things instead of cooking them. That sounded interesting too. I watched a video yesterday where a gal was making bread for her sandwiches. It looked pretty good when she was done. She dehydrated it. I am curious how something like that might taste.
Old 07-17-2011, 03:02 PM   #4
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I have lost 3 lbs in 3 days and I probably haven't had enough "smoothies", but I sure feel a heck of a lot better.
It usually takes 3 days of feeling bad to start feeling better on the 4th day.
This is only my 3rd day. So in reality, I guess I lost the 3 lbs in 2 days, but who's counting? lol

I got this excerpt from one of my raw foods ebooks that I have. I thought it might interest you.

The Great Weight Loss Secret
It’s a widely held belief in the raw community that eating raw has a built-in weight
reduction mechanism. This has to do with the water content, fiber, and nutritional
values of raw foods. Going raw also keeps you away from two of the main weight gain
culprits—efined sugars and flours. These contain very little nutrition, and because
they’re not filling, encourage the consumption of other similar foods. Whatever the
reason, we think eating raw foods is one of the easier ways to lose weight because it’s
simply so satisfying!
Water to the Rescue
The water content of raw foods helps support weight loss. When food is cooked, it
loses its moisture and becomes more dense. Raw foods, loaded with water, fill you up
sooner. You wind up eating less because you fill up on low-calorie, nutrient-rich foods.
You may find yourself eating more frequent, lighter meals.
Fiber Freeway
It’s been shown that a diet high in fiber helps increase transit time of foodstuff
through the digestive tract, lowers blood cholesterol levels, and promotes less hunger
due to the bulk it provides. A raw food diet is naturally high in fiber and is one of the
many reasons eating raw helps you improve your health and lose weight.
In short, a positive sequence of events is created. The healthier your food, the more
satisfied you feel eating a smaller quantity of food, the quicker food leaves your body,
and the more weight loss you will experience.
Disease Prevention
We believe eating raw foods paves the way to optimal health and the prevention of
disease. Major national health organizations such as the American Heart Association

and the American Diabetes Association recommend including fruits and vegetables to
prevent illnesses. The World Health Organization estimates that a low intake of fruits
and vegetables is associated with heart disease, cancer, and stroke.
Old 07-17-2011, 03:10 PM   #5
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

There is a lot more...the book is called The Complete Idiot's Guide to Raw Eating. I figured I couldn't go wrong with a title like that.

Last edited by Nigel; 07-17-2011 at 03:11 PM..
Old 07-17-2011, 06:14 PM   #6
Deb
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Deb
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nigel View Post
There is a lot more...the book is called The Complete Idiot's Guide to Raw Eating. I figured I couldn't go wrong with a title like that.

thanks for the info...interesting for sure !

Netflex..have to look into it
Deb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 06:27 PM   #7
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

More Information:

I will post more as I go along and find more things that are interesting.

The Channels of Elimination
The body has many methods of letting go of what is no longer needed
and what needs to be cleansed. The following are the channels of
elimination:
• Urine
• Sweat
• Lungs
• Feces
• Secretions from nose, eyes, ears, and throat

• Emotions

I had no idea about the emotions...the rest I pretty much knew, just never thought about much.
Old 07-18-2011, 06:34 PM   #8
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

When not grown organically, the following plant foods receive high levels of
pesticides and tend to carry the greatest amount of pesticide residue:
• Apples
• Cabbages
• Cantaloupe
• Carrots
• Celery
• Cucumbers
• Dates
• Grapes
• Lemons
• Nectarines
• Peaches
• Peanuts
• Pears
• Peppers (bell peppers and others)
• Spinach
• Strawberries
• String beans
• Sweet potatoes
• Tomatoes
• Winter squash

The following foods receive the least amount of pesticide treatment and tend
to be relatively free of pesticide residue:
• Avocados • Nuts*
• Corn • Papayas
• Figs • Watermelon
• Garlic

This is according to my raw food diet book.
Old 07-19-2011, 12:43 PM   #9
something there

Gallery: cleochatra
Stats: 364/233/125 5'5" [44]
WOE: Atkins '72
Start Date: August 31, 2012
Hey! I'm doing the same thing--mostly. Hubby and I saw the documentary last weekend and are now on day two of the juicapalooza.

I do admit that when necessary, I bust out the egg drop soup or the protein smoothie for an extra bit of fill-me-up oomph, so I'm not completely raw or vegan in this--but still liquid. I also keep fruit to a minimum since yesterday taught me that apples are just too sugary for my bloodstream to tolerate.

All in all, I feel this weirdly comforting, cleansing glow that sometimes radiates out as sweat and then sometimes I feel like an air conditioner is blowing on me. I know I've been more tired and I've been crabby a few times when I wanted to eat something low carb and then remembered the point is liquid diet. Still, I feel slightly more energetic today than yesterday, and I am enjoying that I actually don't mind vegetables. I'm beginning to like them again, in fact.

I've lost 131 pounds

My rinky dink blog for thinky thoughts and things of absolutely no consequence.
cleochatra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 09:43 AM   #10
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I'm happy to see you here Cleo. I have read and tried many of your recipes and love your inventiveness.

I only made it four days and the fifth day, I ate. Then on the 5th day (today) I'm juicing again. I made a decent v-7/v-8 juice concoction that I like a lot. In fact, I even sort of crave it. I started with a recipe I found online.

Here's the recipe:

V-7 Juice

3-4 cups cubed tomatoes
1/2 lemon (I peeled it, don't know if it matters)
1/4 cucumber
2 ribs celery
10 springs cilantro or flat leaf parsley (I used cilantro)
1 bell pepper (original recipe calls for red bell pepper, but the store was out of them) The red might be a better idea though.
salt and pepper to taste
hot sauce (I used Lousiana as it's not too hot, but gives it a nice bite)
2 c. water or more if you like thinner juice

I made up a double batch of this and kept it in the fridge. Overnight, it got a lot thicker so I added in more water and a more hot sauce just cuz I like the kick from the hot sauce.

I have a long wasy to go to master this juicing thing and some of my concoctions were tough to get down.

Please share your recipes if you like.
Old 07-20-2011, 09:50 AM   #11
something there

Hey, Nigel! Your recipe looks great!

One dumb question: Aren't you supposed to drink the juice right away for maximum vitamins? I always think how I'd love to refrigerate the juices, but they're a serve immediately type of thing. I do think the added chill would be a bonus, though. I am not a huge fan of room temp veg, but they claim you lose the vitamins. They must evaporate into the ethos on the wings of gossamer unicorns.

The red pepper is absolutely wonderful in the juice, but so is the green. I feel for anyone with nightshade intolerances, since those tend to juice so nicely.

I am on day three right now, and am down 8 pounds, but I'm sure it's water weight. Hubby is doing this, too! I have recipes on my blog I've been using, but I can't link to those. I will share a smoothie that's been saving my proverbial bacon, though! I throw in a smoothie when I really am dying from hunger (I've only needed one so far):

Your Lighter Side's Berry Spinach Smoothie

ฝ cup heavy white cream
ฝ cup water
ฝ cup frozen strawberries
ฝ cup frozen blueberries
ฝ cup ice
a handful of fresh spinach (about a cup)
1 scoop Jay Robb’s strawberry protein powder

Blend until smooth. Serve immediately. Makes 3 cups.

Nutritional information for one smoothie: calories: 550, net carbs: 24*
* You can reduce fruit amounts for fewer carbs. The cream adds only 2 and the protein powder adds 4.

Granted, this is not low-low carb, it's not raw, in the strictest sense, and it's not vegan, and the fruit should be whittled down if blood sugar issues could ensue, but it incorporates all of the amazing, pulpy goodness from the fruits, and I like the thickness of the shakes sometimes.
Old 07-20-2011, 11:30 AM   #12
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Your smoothie sounds delicious. In fact, I'm going to make one of those later on today cuz I have all the stuff.

I didn't know about not chilling the juice--I've been chilling them all.
I lost 2" off my belly/waistline and 5lbs in that 4 days I was juicing.

A lot of times, I just make orange and cranberry juice mixed or tomato juice, but I added ice to every drink I had. Hmmm.... I really don't like room temperature anything to drink--I'm a super ice fan. My favorite is the V-8 type though. I made one with watermelon juice, ranier cherries, and some oranges...it was pretty good.

I made a sorbet with a banana and some frozen unsweetened peaches that was decent. I am going to eat a little fruit or raw veggie if I have to eat something, but mostly it will still be juicing for a few days.

I meant to say that today is the 6th day and I'm restarting...don't know for how many days this time...I'm just going to play it by ear.

I want to incorporate raw foods into at least 50% of my diet and gradually progress to more. It's cheese that I have trouble giving up. I did find some nut cheese recipes while searching but haven't tried any of them yet.

Thanks for the recipe. I'll go and try to find your blog. I read it a couple of times before, so I look forward to reading it again.
Old 07-20-2011, 11:44 AM   #13
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I'm not being a purist like I should be on the 10-day juice thing.

I keep fighting myself over it.

I figure I might find my mental adjustment soon enough and get there and go fo the regular 10 day thing again. This week though, I'm doing the best I can, hence the allowing of eating a little fruit or veggie if I can't stand not eating. I figure its better than not juicing at all. And if I can keep losing weight and feeling better this way, then it's okay by me.

I do feel better and more energetic. The first 3 days were tough and I was tired and irritable. I slept less though, don't know why, just couldn't sleep real well. I was still a bit irritable at times yesterday but I think I was getting a little too much mental clarity. I don't know how to explain that except to say that my brain has been starved for so long that it didn't know how to handle real vitamins and antioxidants.

I was looking thru the cupboards and noticing all the chemical laden products I have been using to lose weight. Insanity to me. I want to learn to use natural fruits to sweeten things instead of all the chemicals I've been trying to lose weight with. I'm just really sick of feeling tired all the time. I already feel better even though I ate one regular meal yesterday.
I have no desire to eat today. Yesterday, that cheese was just looking at me too hard, ya know what I mean.
Today, I feel no food cravings at all, surprisingly.

TV is pure torture though--food commercials and my wife watching the food channels doesn't help, but I figured I might as well get used to it--that stuff will always be there.
Old 07-20-2011, 12:37 PM   #14
something there

It is absolutely difficult to stick with it, and then I think, "Well, low carb is healthy, so this cheese won't hurt." And then I have to say to myself, how will I know if this thing really works if I don't follow through? I will say I'm hungry today, and the thought of drinking vegetables is not at all appealing. People who go through this must have a valid reason to do it. For me, I find it almost excruciating. I hope it's easier by day 10!

Yay on your not having cravings! That is so cool. I hope to get there, but I wonder if I am going to have to incorporate more fats.

I am going to try a smoothie today and I really want to add cream cheese for a more cheesecakey smoothie, but then I know I'd feel like I was cheating. We'll see.
I really, truly miss fat.

Are you vegan? What plan are you following most of the time?
Old 07-20-2011, 01:12 PM   #15
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I hear ya and I do understand.

I thought it was easier than I expected, but it was hard to get thru the first 3 days. I was hungry every day, not super hungry, but I thought about food a lot more than I should have. I honestly thought on the 4th day, I was going to be this vibrant chunk of energy, but I wasn't, however I did feel a lot better. The first 3 days are the toughest according to everyone I've talked to. But then again, we are all different.

I just gave into my cravings on the 5th day and ate. I kind of regret it, but then again, I do think it takes a very strong person to be able not to eat anything for 10 days straight. Of course I also think I might not have been drinking enough veggies/smoothies during the day. I did lose some of my appetite, so that helps.

I read that even just juicing daily will help, even if you eat because it will help to decrease your appetite naturally and you are getting a lot more vitamins and antioxidants by juicing than just by eating.

Also, eating a few nuts about half an hour before a meal, will help you eat less. I don't usally need to eat less, I usually forget to eat and need to eat more. If I don't eat, I cannot lose any weight at all and sometimes I actually gain weight. I must have that wonderful fat gene I hear so much about. lol

I wish I could have the stamina to stay just juicing for the 60 days, but I want to eat too badly to stick to it that long. 10 days was too hard for me.

I hope you can do this and if not, don't beat yourself up about it--just do the best you can. Even one day of juicing is an accomplishment for our digestive systems.

I'm not really vegan. I call myself a semi-vegetarian cuz I still have bacon or pepperoni and use beef and chicken stock for soups. I eat all dairy also. I just don't eat meat anymore and I never cared for fish or seafood.

I have watched so many shows about how our food is processed and what is put into animals and how they are treated also, that I kind of lost my taste for meat and I don't want all those antibiotics, steriods, etc. put into my body just from eating a steak or a piece of chicken. I don't mind the meat substitutes and I have figured out how to make a few tasty things...still working on a faux sausage and a few others.

I have an allergy to garlic and most commercial meatless products contain a bunch of garlic, so I'm forced to learn how to make my own.

I've been trying to stick to LC most of the time, but it's been tough too.

I hope to learn to like the raw diet more as I try out the recipes I've found and new ways of eating without cooking...sounds so wierd to me, but some of the pictures of the raw foods look really good. I even watched a video of a lady making bread using the dehydrator. It looked like bread...wonder how it tasted?....that's the part that worries me, how things might taste. I don't want to eat foods just because...I want them to taste really good. In fact, I'd love it if I could actually crave the raw foods. Maybe I want too much?

Last edited by Nigel; 07-20-2011 at 01:14 PM..
Old 07-20-2011, 03:12 PM   #16
something there

They showed it was going to be hard on the video, but this is torment. I still have a family to take care of and don't have the luxury of spending days in bed at a time. This is ridiculous. At the same time, I hope things improve soon! I know I've lost some weight, but I could on Atkins, too. For me, this about trying something new and carrying it to the end, but at this rate, I might fall face-first into a pizza when I'm done.

I was hopeful that the cheesecake smoothie was going to make me feel terrific, but I feel bloated and tired. I can't help but wonder had I avoided dairy if I'd be feeling better right now.

Sixty days of this seems insurmountable, doesn't it?! lol

I think raw food seems like a cool idea. I can't really lump it as a vegetarian because beans aren't my friend, legumes kill me, and soy makes me absolutely miserable. I'd essentially be raw produce girl for the rest of my life. In a way, I like the simplicity of it, but with five other people to feed, there's too much I have to do to take care of everyone else to be totally comfortable doing my own thing.

Hubby is juicing. He's super dizzy, aggravated, and grumpy today. I'm a little worried about him because he has to drive to the airport to pick up his sister who's coming to visit.
Old 07-20-2011, 11:00 PM   #17
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

This juicing thing might not be for everyone.
My wife thinks I should just incorporate a smoothie or two per day along with regular LC foods. i'm leaning towards her opinion greatly today.

I know its gotta be tough when you have kids to feed too. And if your hubby is feeling dizzy, he must not be getting enough nutrtion--maybe driving is not a good idea. He might have to have some protein before he drives. Just my thoughts.

I was a little dizzy the second day but I blamed that on lack of sleep and it could have also been from not drinking enough smoothies.

The dairy could have made you feel more sluggish as it does that to me at times.
Yeah, 60 days would only be doable to me if it was a matter of life or death and that was my only way to survive.

I didn't make it thru the whole day. I ate a bowl of vegetable soup for dinner just cuz I got hungry and wanted to eat. I'm weak when it comes to chewing food versus drinking it. I'd rather eat.

So I think I'm just going to incorporate the smoothies into my daily routine and try to do as much LC and eventually raw foods as I can. I'll see how it works and keep my progress or lack of it posted on this thread.

It's really hard because food is everywhere and everyone we see is eating it in some form and it's the American way these days--everything revolves around food. Almost every event we go to has food available. We drive down the street and smell food from restaurants. The TV is saturated with food commercials and food shows. It's definitely tough not to give in.
Old 07-21-2011, 02:43 PM   #18
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I'm having my V-8 this morning.
This brings a whole new meaning to that commercial that says, "wow, you could have had a V-8".

I woke up starving today, but at least I finally slept last night.
I might be hungry from eating or sleeping or both, who knows.

I'm going to try my best to stick to this once again.

Congrats Cleo on making it thru 3 days, you and your hubby!! I wish you both much sucess.
Old 07-21-2011, 04:07 PM   #19
something there

Well, day three was a success, and soon, I'll be making a juice for dinner for day four. I am feeling so much better today than I did yesterday. Thanks for listening to me rant.

Did you incorporate any smoothies in?

Way to go for sticking with it, Nigel! It is rough, especially when you're hungry.
Old 07-22-2011, 01:37 PM   #20
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I had one of the smoothies I made from your recipe and one V-8 juice. Than I had dinner...boca burger patty with cheese, lettuce and tomato salad with olives, and green beans.

I figure I'll juice most of the day and have one meal and see how that goes.

I thought I was going to not eat yesterday, but I gave in, so I give up on that idea for now.

I hope day 4 is easier for you. I am curious to see if you feel a lot better at the end of the 10 days. I hope so.

p.s. I liked your smoothie recipe a lot. I had bought spinach but forgot to use it, so I liked having that--psychologically, it made me feel healthier and I added some to the V-8 also.

Last edited by Nigel; 07-22-2011 at 01:38 PM..
Old 07-22-2011, 01:51 PM   #21
something there

I am juicing with a smoothie here and there to keep me sane. I have to say, the fat-added smoothie made a huge difference! I feel ten times better. I'm going to head into the room and re-watch Fat, Sick and Nearly Dead and see if I can glean anything new from the documentary.

Thank you for the kudos on the smoothie! I also, secretly, like the way the green spinach really offsets the blueberries. I have an incredible cheesecake shake that's been making my life easier, too.

I have to say, I feel better today than I did yesterday.
Old 07-23-2011, 04:39 PM   #22
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Well girl, you are inspiring me.

I was going to watch the movie again, but forgot about it.

Thanks for the reminder. I'm going to watch it again today and hopefully that will give me the kick I need to get re-started. I honestly wanted to make it the 10 days just to see how much better I could feel and get better de-toxed as well.

Thanks for the tip about the cheesecake shake--whatever it takes and whatever works is a good idea in my opinion.

Please let me know how it goes the rest of your and your husband's journey, ok.
Old 07-23-2011, 10:39 PM   #23
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I watched it again and I got more out of it this time.
So yeah, any days of juicing is definitely an improvement for me.

I am looking for this video called "Average Joe on the Raw" ...this guy goes for raw food only for 60 days. I thought it might be interesting. Netflix didn't have it and I don't really want to buy the movie.

We don't have blockbuster anymore--bummer, but we have a video shop, so I will check there. Has anyone heard of this video?

I noticed you need to only eat micronutrients after juicing...tough one for me there too, but I want to incorporate a lot of juicing and micronutrients and try and abstain from eating cheese and dairy. Living without meat is easy, but I am used to meat substitutes, so I don't know how that will go. I'll do the best I can and keep reporting back here.

Today, I made a fluke of a smoothie, just playing around with fruits and made a drink that tasted just like orange juilius...I don't even know how it happened.

First, I mixed oranges and part of a pineapple and some almond breeze together--I don't think I like the almond breeze as it seems to have some kind of wierd aftertaste. I added in some agave and some vanilla and it became my pineapple-orange sherbet which is in the freezer right now.

Then I decided to make a mixed fruit ice cream thing. I used some coconut milk, strawberries, peaches, a banana, and some more pineapple and mixed that all up...not bad, so it's freezing. I had a little too much for my container, so I just put the core of the pineapple in the machine just to see if it would juice up--had nothing to lose and it did, beautifully. So I added in 2 oranges to that and viola! Orange julius. I guess it was cuz there was a little of mixed fruit ice cream mix in the healthmaster and adding in the oranges and pineapple did the trick. I hope they both taste as good frozen as they did before I froze them.

I'm off to find the mean green juice recipe. I figure I can't drink too many vegetables. LOL

Last edited by Nigel; 07-23-2011 at 10:41 PM..
Old 07-24-2011, 04:35 AM   #24
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I'm back again....

I made the mean green juice and ick!! I didn't have the ginger, but it wasn't something I would like to drink, so I added in some tomatoes and it was better.

My dog loves the v-8 and the green juice both...he wants his own glass!! haha!! (he gets some in his bowl--the dog thinks he's human anyway, so who am I to tell him any different)
Old 07-24-2011, 08:53 PM   #25
something there

Hey there! Well, I lost 13 pounds in 6 days, and I was still feeling terrible, so I'm moving to two juices and one small meal for dinner per day (the small meal being low carb with some meat and a lot of veg).

I haven't heard of the "Average Joe" movie, no. Would you let me know what you think of it?

We had a reallllly bad experience with beets that I'll tell you about sometime. Right now I'm trying to wipe the memory. lol
Old 07-25-2011, 07:35 PM   #26
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Congrats on the weight loss. That alone made it worth it.

I think just incorporating the jucing into our days will help us all feel better. My main goal is to get rid of my belly and have more energy.

I soaked some cashews overnight to make cashew milk just to try it out.
I didn't notice they were supposed to be raw cashews, so the ones I have are roasted, but I'm making it anyway. I'll let you know if works with the roasted.

Our local grocery store and walmart supercenter do not have raw cashews. Wierd. They have raw pecans, walnuts, almonds and brazil nuts. So I might have to try brazil nut, etc. milk until I order some cashews online or go to San Antonio.

It seems that since our Walmart became a superstore, they carry less and less of the foods I need/want. That's my complaint for the day. lol
We only have those two stores to shop at and neither one is great.

p.s. I guess it's a good thing they didn't have any beets when I was shopping.

Last edited by Nigel; 07-25-2011 at 07:36 PM..
Old 07-25-2011, 07:48 PM   #27
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: ouizoid
Stats: 225/165/145
WOE: JUDDD
There is a product called mimic creme at health food stores that is cashew creme. I use it often. The raw food folks like the stuff. I've been doing a brunch of a big raw salad and a green juice for snack and then a regular lc dinner. I'm actually feeling much better on the higher carbs and losing weight.
ouizoid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 07:51 PM   #28
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ouizoid View Post
There is a product called mimic creme at health food stores that is cashew creme. I use it often. The raw food folks like the stuff. I've been doing a brunch of a big raw salad and a green juice for snack and then a regular lc dinner. I'm actually feeling much better on the higher carbs and losing weight.
Yeah!! I'm glad you are feeling better. Thanks for the mimic creme idea. I'll look for it.
Last night I had a lettuce, tomato, cucumber and cottage cheese salad just cuz I was hungry. Normally, I want to eat heavier foods, but I got very full on the salad, so I can honestly say that doing the juice/smoothies every day is making it easier to eat healthier. I'm sure it will take me a while to adjust to raw foods and I've decided to just add some in here and there cuz I don't think I can give up all my cooked stuff. Maybe one day....

Last edited by Nigel; 07-25-2011 at 07:58 PM..
Old 07-25-2011, 08:31 PM   #29
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: ouizoid
Stats: 225/165/145
WOE: JUDDD
you know Nigel, I just noticed that Netrition carries mimic creme!
ouizoid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 09:52 PM   #30
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

cool--that makes it easier. i'll be placing an order soon, so I'll get some of that if I don't find it locally. Thanks for the info.