Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   Other Plans (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/other-plans/)
-   -   Dukan Diet -- Jubilant July!! We can do this!! (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/other-plans/726795-dukan-diet-jubilant-july-we-can-do.html)

amazinggrace911 07-02-2011 08:40 AM

Dukan Diet -- Jubilant July!! We can do this!!

Starting a new thread for the month!! Hard to believe it's July already!!

amazinggrace911 07-02-2011 08:43 AM

I'm doing a PV day today. A nice salad sounds really good right now!!

Going to see Transformers this afternoon and then Burger King for dinner. At least we will if dh gets home soon!!

pjsmom 07-02-2011 08:48 AM

Wanted to mark a spot in here. I was lurking last month and had done the attack but I had things get hectic and then went to camp last week.....anyways, starting again :) This will be a long journey so I wanted to make some accountability on the way! I am 207.5 as of today and can't wait to get under 200. Can't wait!

Kim :)

LivinLoCarb 07-02-2011 08:59 AM

FAQ

Thanks for the new thread, amazinggrace911!

I'm posting the link to the Dukan FAQ thread that was at the beginning of the June thread:

http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/ot...-plan-fyi.html

amazinggrace911 07-02-2011 09:01 AM

Welcome Kim!!! You don't have far to go!! The scale hasn't been moving much for me lately. I really should take my measurements, cause I know my clothes are getting looser. I can't wait to be below 210!!

PV today and then PP the next two days. I'm looking forward to lots of barbeque this weekend!!

LivinLoCarb 07-02-2011 09:03 AM

Welcome, pjsmom!:welcome:

becksterinindy 07-02-2011 09:36 AM

pjsmom:welcome: I can't wait to be below 200 either but first have to get out of the higher teens;)

Lenise thanks so much for starting a July thread:hugs:

spyder what did you have to eat at TGIF?

Bejewelme 07-02-2011 01:55 PM

Girls I wanted to tell you Tony said I bet the wedding dress is going to fit you. When I got it the lady said I needed to lose about 25 pounds to close it, it was the last one and only $200 so I thought well I have 5 months that should work, well guess what, 6 weeks later, only 9 pounds lost, the darn thing zipped right up and I cant believe it but it loose, all that exercise is finally paying off!!!!!!

Kim so many of us are trying to bust through that 200 mark, we can do it!!!!

LivinLoCarb 07-02-2011 02:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bejewelme (Post 14790663)
Girls I wanted to tell you Tony said I bet the wedding dress is going to fit you. When I got it the lady said I needed to lose about 25 pounds to close it, it was the last one and only $200 so I thought well I have 5 months that should work, well guess what, 6 weeks later, only 9 pounds lost, the darn thing zipped right up and I cant believe it but it loose, all that exercise is finally paying off!!!!!!

Kim so many of us are trying to bust through that 200 mark, we can do it!!!!

Oh wow!!!!! Congratulations on fitting into the dress you want to wear!!!! So exciting!!!!

amazinggrace911 07-02-2011 03:55 PM

I saw the picture on your thread, Amber. It looked great!!! All that exercising is paying off!! That's why we can't necessarily go by the number on the scale -- especially if you're exercising lots!!

Just got home from seeing Transformers. Long, but really good! Stopped by Burger King for dinner -- got a salad w/grilled chicken, and then went to the grocery store and got some dried beef, turkey ham, roast beef and corned beef. I love sales!!!

Now I'm home and going to relax. Have a wonderful weekend!!

becksterinindy 07-02-2011 04:30 PM

Amber I just skimmed through your journal and saw you're getting married at VOF. OMG I live, sleep and breathe Vegas!!! I finally got to see VOF in April and it is beautiful. 7 Sisters fresh in my mind;) You are smoking (I mean you not the cigs:laugh:) Your invitations are awesome!!!!!!

Bejewelme 07-02-2011 06:33 PM

Becky- OMG so you have seen it!!! It is beautiful!! We collect rocks and make jewelry as a hobby so we wanted something outdoors and rock related we have lots of friends in AZ and stuff, so we went out in January and decided to do it there! It will be at sunset and in OCt the sky should be brilliant!!! We did this big hike in Jan, and I was all winded and sweaty and next thing I know Tony is on the ground, with a beautiful proposal all over again, he said he wanted me to have a proposal in the place we are getting married, I was like WTH are you doing on the ground? LOL

I love Vegas, the bachelorette party is going to rock!!!!!

pjsmom 07-03-2011 06:58 AM

Thanks for all the love girls! Amber(bejewelme?) What a romantic wedding you'll have and how awesome to zip your dress up :)

One day in and down to 205.5. I am still shocked at how well my body does with this as I've done Atkins and that KK and my body super rejects anything in that direction. I think the dairy really is helping me feel not deprived and full. I'm trying to keep my eye on the prize and just take it day by day.

Today we are off to church, then Transformers 3 then home for some outside fun. We are taking it easy for the 4th and I'm super excited to just relax. Hope you guys have a great Sunday!

Bejewelme 07-03-2011 07:03 AM

Thank you PJ!

Girls I dropped another pound, so this week I lost 3 pounds with my combo of Atkins and Dukan, I would have to say that Dukan shook me up enough to get losing again, and now I am eating almost 100 carbs, and still losing, I am eating some bread and PB pre workout and still Fat free yogurt and skim milk in my protein shakes. I am thrilled, I think Dukan is right on many levels, it is finding what really works for you!!!

15 freaking pounds, the countdown is on!!!!

becksterinindy 07-03-2011 09:28 AM

WTG Amber:high5: You are so right it is all individual. We have to learn what works best for us.

Still up a pound but that is too be expected. Might take awhile for me to start seeing the scale go down but I will put forth the effort.

Bejewelme 07-03-2011 07:16 PM

I was a total hog, this is what I always do,hit a new low and then cheat, ate 2 smores, but they were so freaking good and now they are out of my system,I swear the stores have all these freaking smore displays and I go crazy tonight I said F it and ate them day is done, I exercised a lot but man seeing it is in ****** I was like what a hog, LOL All I can say is where was ****** when I was eating everything under the sun? Man I must have ate 1000 carbs a day, ugh I think I will always track it is a good reminder to stay on track!

LindaCat 07-03-2011 07:32 PM

I'm still here...Lurking. Wanted to mark a spot.

amazinggrace911 07-03-2011 08:10 PM

Just wanted to say hi! Didn't get much accomplished today. Though I did get stuff put away in my son's room. Which reminds me -- I need to get the clothes out of the dryer!!!

Nighty night!

Bejewelme 07-04-2011 03:54 AM

still 215 today thank goodness, the smores didnt hit me!!! One more party today I am praying I can keep my trap shut!!!

Happy 4th!!!

amazinggrace911 07-04-2011 07:48 AM

I'm so excited! Finally a new low!! 214.2 this morning!!!!! Yahoo!! I hope it starts dropping off again. This weekend I drank a lot more water than I have been. Maybe that helped. Really need to cut back on the pop and drink mainly water, which is what I was doing when I first started Dukan -- I just had pop at my main meal and water the rest of the time.

What is everyone doing for Independence Day? My dh was supposed to smoke a turkey. I was so looking forward to it!! But I should have known better. Of course, he's not going to do what he said -- even though he talked about it for days. I'm so disgusted this morning. I guess we'll be having sandwiches for our picnic.

Have a great day with your families!!

becksterinindy 07-04-2011 10:11 AM

Well the scale hasn't budged since it went up and I am:( I will just keep doing the plan and know it will move at some point. It flew off so fast that my body has to have time to catch up I guess.

No plans today but to stay on plan;)

Bejewelme 07-04-2011 06:12 PM

Lenise- you better smoke that hubby of yours, God I hate when they do that, they get you all excited for something then the day comes and they are like, nah!! Ughgghg

I was pretty good except for fruit and a few pieces of caramel popcorn that someone made from scratch with pretzels and nuts in it, I am expecting a gain tomorrow I didn't drink enough water but I was pretty pleased I didnt feel I was out of control, and the kids kept me moving!!! The work week as much as I hate it, I like the control!

amazinggrace911 07-04-2011 06:42 PM

At least he did end up grilling some hot dogs and chicken for dinner. But it still wasn't the smoked turkey I was hoping to have to munch on this week!!

Had a nice day. My brother and nephew came over. Jace is 4-1/2 months old now. Simply adorable!! I'll have to see if I can post a picture of him. So we had a nice afternoon just sitting and playing with the baby.

amazinggrace911 07-04-2011 06:46 PM

Me and Jace

http://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h9...aceandme-1.jpg

Bejewelme 07-04-2011 07:02 PM

Oh my how cute, nothing like a little chubby baby to play with, he is adorable!!!!!

becksterinindy 07-05-2011 06:42 AM

Weight not budging:annoyed: I liked it much better when it was pouring off but the water weight is always easy.

Lenise Jace is a cutey-pie!! Sorry about the turkey.... men! Congrats on the scale going in the right direction. Diet drinks have never been a problem for me but think I will try to lessen the amount and see what happens.

Inkiri 07-05-2011 07:36 AM

Morning friends. I am new here and have just started day one of Dukan Attack. I'm glad this forum exists for support and advice. Best of luck to all.

becksterinindy 07-05-2011 07:48 AM

:welcome: Ink and best of luck!

Purrcy'smom 07-05-2011 08:00 AM

Subscribing! Hey all, I kept the 4th as a PV day- and the day before was the normally scheduled PV day.... but with all the bad stuff to eat at the picnic, I stuffed on veggies.... should I make today a P only day, or keep it the normally scheduled PV day and just sally forth? Thoughts?

Purrcy'smom 07-05-2011 08:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pjsmom (Post 14790064)
Wanted to mark a spot in here. I was lurking last month and had done the attack but I had things get hectic and then went to camp last week.....anyways, starting again :) This will be a long journey so I wanted to make some accountability on the way! I am 207.5 as of today and can't wait to get under 200. Can't wait!

Kim :)

Hi PJ's mom- welcome babeh. YOu will find that this group is super wonderful, no matter how much or how little you participate- that is what I liked most was the open arms/ open door feel to this group. Love em!
I feel great on this plan, and while the going is slow for me ( since I have had some serious personal problems and have just NOT been exercising) I am still losing. I started at 216 a month and a half a go, and was 204 last Tues ( weigh in tomorrow) but this is the one diet that is FINALLY working! :clap: Stick with it, and it does work.... and remind me of this folks when I hit the wall sometimes, LOL!