Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Other Plans
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-22-2011, 06:25 PM   #241
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Buttercup
Stats: 175/168/135
WOE: Atkins OWL
Quote:
Originally Posted by cloaz View Post
Buttercup, I did HCG for about 3 mo. & did well also. Didn't get the rash, but did get heartburn! This one is much simpler to do & can still cook for the family. Tomorrow having steaks & broccoli!

I never liked ff items either - now I love them, cottage cheese, yogurt, sour cream!

Don't think the ff half & half is doable here, although, who am I to say? I drink maybe a cup of coffee about 3 or 4 mornings a week & still use my powdered coffee mate - not willing to give that up. Hasn't really seemed to matter since I really don't use that much.

Whenever you are ready, this is a great site & very supportive!
LOL! OH! the cooking! Family different dinner, me and hubby lunch and dinner HCG style. It was making me have a nervous breakdown. I had totally forgotten about Dukan before I started the HCG. But, I know I will slide during vacation, so it's not worth to start until I am going to give it the old "college try" so to speak. Hmmm, coffeemate, I could do that. Not my favorite thing, but it could work.
Buttercup is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 07-22-2011, 06:29 PM   #242
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Buttercup
Stats: 175/168/135
WOE: Atkins OWL
Quote:
Originally Posted by becksterinindy View Post
buttercup. I just went back to drinking black coffee and most the time I use some DaVinci's. I thought about the fat free half and half but just won't do anything with corn syrup in it if I can help it. Others use it though.

The only thing I can stand fat free is the yogurt. I use the lowest of fat products for all other dairy:blush:

Amber sorry the treadmill didn't work out!! Wax on.... wax off

I had steak and eggs tonight. Yumbo!!
Eeeewwww! It has corn syrup in it? I didn't read that far, I was just looking at the carbs and calories. I hate that stuff. I saw Honey with corn syrup in it. I was so grossed out. I don't really eat honey, but WHY on this green earth would you feel the need to add corn syrup to it, I just can't figure.

Well there goes that. I guess it's coffeemate or Cafe Americanos again. Black coffee is just to bitter for me. I can deal with the Cafe Amerianos better.

Thanks.
Buttercup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 06:35 PM   #243
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: becksterinindy
I think I read that they use the corn syrup to help thicken it. Pretty silly isn't it? Fat free doesn't always mean sugar free. If you don't drink much coffee I'd just use a dollop of half and half and call it a day.( after attack days that is)
becksterinindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2011, 09:00 AM   #244
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: cloaz
Stats: 218/176.5/150
WOE: Dukan
Start Date: July 10
Been discouraged last 3 days because of being stagnant! Think I've been eating too much dairy so cutting back.

Also was using the True Lemon w/Raspberry which I now see is a big no. Tried something new as I have to have flavor to drink my water: 4 drops of liquid chocolate flavored stevia in 24 oz of water - delisious!!!

Hope this all helps me to get through this. Should I do more pp days or stick to pp/pv?
cloaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2011, 12:45 PM   #245
Big Yapper!!!!

Cathy if you did your days of attack and haven't cheated then I think you should just hang on. I doubt you are eating too many calories I know we don't have to count anything but I do like to keep cals in the back of my mind. Diet drink don't seem to stall me but some they do. I would use True Lemon if I had it. Isn't it ) calories and less than 1 carb? I use crystal light and diet pop freely. Uusally only 2 or 3 times a day. I make sure I always get my 1 1/2-2 liters of water in each day too. Sometimes I just plop some lemon juice in. The artificial sweetners may be a stall for you though.

spyder I finally found some MIO. I had no idea what it was but found it near crystal light. I got pomegranate.

Weight still the same today.
Old 07-23-2011, 05:18 PM   #246
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Cathy if you did your days of attack and haven't cheated then I think you should just hang on. I doubt you are eating too many calories I know we don't have to count anything but I do like to keep cals in the back of my mind. Diet drink don't seem to stall me but some they do. I would use True Lemon if I had it. Isn't it ) calories and less than 1 carb? I use crystal light and diet pop freely. Uusally only 2 or 3 times a day. I make sure I always get my 1 1/2-2 liters of water in each day too. Sometimes I just plop some lemon juice in. The artificial sweetners may be a stall for you though.

spyder I finally found some MIO. I had no idea what it was but found it near crystal light. I got pomegranate.

Weight still the same today.
Thanks Becky, I'm hangin in! Only did the stevia 2 time then switched back to the True Lemon.
I am confused as to why Dukan says not to use the Raspberry 1 as the nutrition facts are exactly the same - 5 calories & <1 carb. I haven't had diet soda in about 3 years.
MIO is great, just be careful because it stains. I drink 72 - 96 oz a day. That should be enough!
Haven't had much today 0 gallete w/ff cottage cheese & a can of tuna. Fish for dinner. We'll see what tomorrow brings - actually going out for dinner & planning on a salad w/grilled chicken.
Old 07-23-2011, 08:48 PM   #247
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: amazinggrace911
Stats: 190/190/150 -- 5'8"
WOE: Whatever It Takes!!!!!
Start Date: 7/30/2014
Just a quick hello!! Haven't been on the computer all day and probably won't tomorrow. DS is going to camp tomorrow and there's lots to do before we have to take him there.

Nighty night!
amazinggrace911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2011, 06:13 AM   #248
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Bejewelme
Stats: 350+/221.4/198 (5'10)
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: restarted 9/27/2010
Hi girls, I blew it big time yesterday, all week of being so careful and I am so mad! I did get my fat butt up and run this morning even in the heat, I did 1 hour of spinning yesterday we have a golf outing today, should sweat some off, I am mad at myself, I am doing more Dukan next week, lean protein and only FF dairy carbs and see how I handle the workouts!
Bejewelme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2011, 07:02 AM   #249
Big Yapper!!!!

Amber Living life is a challenge! I have my focus on Vegas and the pool but won't diet when I am there and then who knows what will give when I return I bet shaking it up with Dukan eating will result in a good loss. Just eat some good proteins prior!

Scale was nice to me today. 208. Can hardly believe it myself!
Old 07-24-2011, 07:37 AM   #250
Senior LCF Member

Someone said that they were able to sign up for coaching - I can't seem to be able to! Do any of you use that? Is it helpful?
Old 07-24-2011, 07:40 AM   #251
Big Yapper!!!!

It's been asked a few times here and I think the general thoughts have been they'd never pay for the coaching and some have said they don't do a very a good job. Guess it is up to you but this thread is all I need.
Old 07-24-2011, 07:48 AM   #252
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
It's been asked a few times here and I think the general thoughts have been they'd never pay for the coaching and some have said they don't do a very a good job. Guess it is up to you but this thread is all I need.
Thanks for the tip - doesn't seem like they want us to really sign up anyway - they don't make it easy so guess I'll save my money & spend it on smaller clothes!!!
Old 07-24-2011, 09:35 AM   #253
Senior LCF Member

ok, down .5 today so i guess things are actually ok. Except that I have had a couple of dizzy spells, not bad ones, but annoying. What's up with that?
Old 07-24-2011, 11:12 AM   #254
Senior LCF Member

Okay Amber! Becky has passed us up big time. We're going to knuckle down this week and catch up to her! Does that sound good??? I've been reading my stillman's book today -- comparing it to dukan. Going to get my book back out and read tonight. My meals are planned for today, so it should go well!

Becky, congrats on your new low! You've stuck with it and are doing great!!!! And congrats to everyone else who has lost this past week!!

I've wasted this month and I'm tired of it. I want to be down below 200 in September and at the rate I'm going I'm not going to make it! So kick me in the butt if I mess up girls!!! I know this works. Just need to get refocused and do it!!!!
Old 07-24-2011, 12:25 PM   #255
Big Yapper!!!!

I have read what little there is in the Stillman forum and sure is almost like what we are doing. Trust me Lenise I am not usually this strict but as you know I have a goal. I love a good challenge too
Old 07-24-2011, 01:08 PM   #256
Senior LCF Member

just had an awesome snack for a pv day - celery with a little ff cream cheese & cinnamon/splenda - yummy!!!
Old 07-24-2011, 01:15 PM   #257
Big Yapper!!!!

OMG Cathy I just finished eating my last celery with ff cream cheese spread inside as we speak too funny.
Old 07-24-2011, 01:34 PM   #258
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
OMG Cathy I just finished eating my last celery with ff cream cheese spread inside as we speak too funny.
lol, time to go shopping!?! If you crave something sweet, add the cin/splenda!
Old 07-24-2011, 03:06 PM   #259
Senior LCF Member

is the light laughing cow cheese allowed? some seem to think it is. I googled it & got the nutrition:
35 calories, 1.5 g fat, 210 mg sodium, 2 g protein
Old 07-24-2011, 08:18 PM   #260
Senior LCF Member

made a smoothie w/8 oz yogurt, 8 oz skim milk, 1/2 pk jello & ice cubes - really good!
Old 07-25-2011, 04:27 AM   #261
Big Yapper!!!!

hmmm been eating clean and yet today the scale is up 1.5 pounds Lenise did you put a curse on me Oh well it is what it is so I just have to hang on and keep going

Amber I am drinking my coffee out of my old Sands mug I won in a stupid slot tourney there
Old 07-25-2011, 05:18 AM   #262

Becky OMG I have those Sands mugs, I won $5,000 there on slot machine in the early 90's, it was SUnday we were leaving to drive home, and I was like just let me play a little more, I put $20 in dollar machine and all of a sudden the bells were going and I was like holy crap I won $5,000, so I called my boss, said I am taking off tomorrow, he said OMG you will lose it all, I came home with $8,000 that weekend, it was the most I ever won, never did that again, all at the Sands, I was so sad when that got torn down!!!

Girls 209

I had to weigh myself 20 times to make sure, then I had to wake Tony at 5:30 to have him come in and check me, LOL he was trilled, LOL

I am so excited, I ate like crap this weekend, I was expecting to be 220, LOL
I really hope it sticks, I think it is from all the sweating yesterday, I tried to drink water all day playing golf but then the problem is lack of bathrooms, so its a fine line!

I am being super strict, more Dukan like this week, little bit of good carbs just enough to get me through the workouts, I made brown rice last night for today to eat at lunch instead of dinner since I get to the gym at 4:00, I am only having one serving of good carbs, close to workout time, and a little skim milk in my protein shake after for recovery, I am so close 11 pounds til my doctor's goal!!!! I have til 9/9 I want to be well under the 198 til then and now 199 is calling me!!!! We can do this, Lenise we can get our acts together and do this!!!!! Becky you are going to be smoking under that cabana by the pool!!!!
Old 07-25-2011, 05:23 AM   #263
Big Yapper!!!!

Amber is the WINNER How awesome is that feeling? I am so happy for you
Old 07-25-2011, 07:18 AM   #264
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: LivinLoCarb
Start Date: May 10, 2011
Quote:
ok, down .5 today so i guess things are actually ok. Except that I have had a couple of dizzy spells, not bad ones, but annoying. What's up with that?
The dizzy spells are probably low potassium, common in the early diuretic stages of any low carb diet. You can purchase potassium supplements, but by law they can only provide 99 mg per tablet, and many experts think we need upwards of 1500 mg a day.

A faster and easier way to supplement potassium in larger amounts is to use one of the salt substitutes like No Salt at 650 mg per 1/4 teaspoon. I use it to sprinkle on my hard-boiled eggs. If I really feel faint, I have been known to mix 1/4 teaspoon of No Salt in water and drink it, but it does not taste good that way.

If your problem is low potassium, you should feel better within hours of supplementing.
Old 07-25-2011, 07:57 AM   #265
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LivinLoCarb View Post
The dizzy spells are probably low potassium, common in the early diuretic stages of any low carb diet. You can purchase potassium supplements, but by law they can only provide 99 mg per tablet, and many experts think we need upwards of 1500 mg a day.

A faster and easier way to supplement potassium in larger amounts is to use one of the salt substitutes like No Salt at 650 mg per 1/4 teaspoon. I use it to sprinkle on my hard-boiled eggs. If I really feel faint, I have been known to mix 1/4 teaspoon of No Salt in water and drink it, but it does not taste good that way.

If your problem is low potassium, you should feel better within hours of supplementing.
Thanks, I'll give that a try!
Old 07-25-2011, 09:20 AM   #266
Senior LCF Member

I'm sorry Becky!!! I didn't mean to curse you!!! I'm sure it'll come right back off.

Way to go Amber!!! You have definitely passed me up now!!! I have a one pound gain this week to 213. But I'm still thankful for that considering I was at 218 at the end of last week!! So I did good over the weekend even with eating the nachos Sat night. Just think how well I could have done if I wouldn't have eaten all that crap! bummer!

Had brunch this morning -- some ground beef w/a tablespoon of salsa, ff cream cheese and 3 eggs scrambled. And of course my ff yogurt/oat bran mixture. Tonight for dinner I'm making the family pasta w/zucchini and salad, so I'll probably make myself some turkey burgers. Need to go to the store and get some ff cottage cheese. Now if I just remember which store I bought it at! The brand I bought the last time I really liked.

Anyone else weighing in today??

Have a great day! It's finally cooler here -- high of only 84!! A big difference from the 90's and humidity!
amazinggrace911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 09:36 AM   #267

Lenise- it will come off, I know I only saw that number cause of extreme sweating, LOL But man it was exciting seeing it on the scale flashing at me, I am like you 9 pounds I just want them gone! If I could will them away they would be so outta here!!!

FF cream cheese I got some at wally world I like it in stuff but not to eat plain, what I really like is melting it down a bit to make like a sauce.
Bejewelme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 11:18 AM   #268
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: spydermonkey511
Quote:
I may have mentioned this before, but I actually passed out the first time I started the diet about day 5 and busted my lip. I stopped the diet. Then I started again May 31 ( a few months later) and felt weak a few times ,but really watched my water and didn't workout as hard. I have heard many people talk about feeling that way. Once I got through the first week or so I have been fine.

Last edited by spydermonkey511; 07-25-2011 at 11:27 AM..
spydermonkey511 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 12:00 PM   #269
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Seabreezes
Stats: 191/162/160
WOE: JUDDD let me lose 30 pounds and keep it off
Start Date: Seems like forever - restart June '11
Quote:
Originally Posted by LivinLoCarb View Post

I think drinking chicken broth is also recommended for the low potassium.
Seabreezes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 04:24 PM   #270
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Phaedra
Stats: 248/171/160
WOE: WW
Start Date: January 2005
Hello Ladies.I'm going to give this diet my best shot. Is it ok to join you?Today is day 1 of Attack. Had "the" pancake w/LF Ham amd Hamberger pattie for lunch. Drank my 1 1/2 qt of water. worked out for 20min and feel FINE!! You all make this site feel user friendly and I love how you treat each other.
hugs to all
Phaedra is offline   Reply With Quote