Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Other Plans
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-21-2011, 11:52 AM   #211
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Bejewelme
Stats: 350+/221.4/198 (5'10)
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: restarted 9/27/2010
Those noodles have like next to nothing in them, so they cant hurt, I just find them YUCK!!! LOL I love the Dreamfields Pasta, if I really need noodles i make that and portion control and I am ok, it gets me over the hump. I really don't crave pasta I crave bread.

I was worried that eating more carbs would send me into a frenzy but it really hasnt, I feel really good, and last night I was able to do a good job with the trainer, I think there is huge difference with natural whole grain carbs versus processed junk. And Becky OMG yes it is discouraging to work so hard and not see a change!

Tonight I tackle the Dreadmill for running, this should be good! I never even walk on it, so I can just imagine flying off that!!! LOL

Sponsored Links
Old 07-21-2011, 12:39 PM   #212
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: becksterinindy
Amber be sure to attach yourself so the dang thing will stop when you go flying off
becksterinindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 03:14 PM   #213
GME
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: GME
Stats: 250/166/175 Trying again...223/211/146 5'7
WOE: Misc.
Start Date: April 2000 (the first time)
My past few days have been an epic fail.

I don't know what is up with me. I am fine until evening and then... (where is the face stuffing smiley?)

There shouldn't be such a problem. I know this plan works. The food tastes fine. I can eat if I am hungry. I feel good. WTH? It isn't just this plan though, I have been in a diet funk for some time now.

So far today I have had some scrambled eggs (with spray oil) and lean hamburger with ff sour cream and a couple of tbls salsa. We are going to eat out tonight and I'll probably have cheicken and some kind of veggie. I'm not so much worried about strict attack phase, just trying get a handle on the junk eating.

3/24/14- She is Beautiful 10k- I won!, 7/27/14- Wharf to Wharf (6 miles)- I won!
9/14/14- Title 9K- I won!
11/9/14- Surfer's Path 10K, 4/12/15- Santa Cruz Half Marathon

*My definition of win: I didn't quit, didn't throw up, and they didn't close the course on me.
GME is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 05:56 PM   #214

Gina- that is the biggest problem to overcome the fact we just still want to eat junk! We know what it does to us and we have to focus on that! It is tough!!!!

Treadmill was a disaster!!!! I did a 5 minute warm up then I was going to town at 4.8 I know not too speedy but I was trying not to fly off, then after 10 minutes the darn thing shut down says roller needs wax, I was like WTH did I wear the wax off? LOL So the other treadmill was taken, so I rowed and then did some leg and abs exercises, ughgh I cant run in this heat I fee like I will be starting over, darn weather!
Bejewelme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 06:28 PM   #215
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: amazinggrace911
Stats: 190/190/150 -- 5'8"
WOE: Whatever It Takes!!!!!
Start Date: 7/30/2014
Gina, I've been in that boat lately too. Haven't trouble getting refocused. But I'm not giving up! We can do this! Try getting your book out and read or come on here when you're wanting to eat other stuff. Support helps!!!

Larry Crowne was a good movie. Enjoyed it more than I thought I would. Monte Carlo is more of a teen flick with Selena Gomez from disney. The girls enjoyed it.

I had popcorn again today! Yikes! But otherwise I've done well. Going to have some yogurt here shortly.

Will it ever cool down???
Old 07-21-2011, 06:37 PM   #216
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Buttercup
Stats: 175/168/135
WOE: Atkins OWL
Lurking. You all seem like a great supportive group. I was doing the HCG and having sucesss, finally, and then got this awful rash every time I was in sunlight. Even through the window of the car! Still going away. So, I had to stop the HCG. I am an Atkins gal, but it only seem to work for me for maintaining nowadays. I can eat like gangbusters and not gain a pound but I am not losing even when I do strict induction.

Anyway, I am going to PA for a long weekend at the end of this month. And, I think I want to come back here when I get back. I have the book on .pdf and I have read it. I am a little lost, but I will write a shopping list. I cannot imagine buying Fat Free anything! LOL!

Is FF Half and Half okay? I can't stand FF milk in my coffee. Don't know what the FF half and half tastes like, but maybe psychologically I will feel better.
Old 07-21-2011, 06:41 PM   #217

Yeah going form LC to fat free is a strange at best, the shopping is a nightmare!
I use the FF half and half I agree skim in coffee is gross it really isnt bad and yould you believe I got so used to it, I like it better? land o Lakes brand is the best for some reason it tastes rich!!!!

FF sour cream is just gross, I am used to the FF mayo, you gotta not worry about carbs and just eat very low fat protein it will come off!
Old 07-21-2011, 06:53 PM   #218
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: cloaz
Stats: 218/176.5/150
WOE: Dukan
Start Date: July 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buttercup View Post
Lurking. You all seem like a great supportive group. I was doing the HCG and having sucesss, finally, and then got this awful rash every time I was in sunlight. Even through the window of the car! Still going away. So, I had to stop the HCG. I am an Atkins gal, but it only seem to work for me for maintaining nowadays. I can eat like gangbusters and not gain a pound but I am not losing even when I do strict induction.

Anyway, I am going to PA for a long weekend at the end of this month. And, I think I want to come back here when I get back. I have the book on .pdf and I have read it. I am a little lost, but I will write a shopping list. I cannot imagine buying Fat Free anything! LOL!

Is FF Half and Half okay? I can't stand FF milk in my coffee. Don't know what the FF half and half tastes like, but maybe psychologically I will feel better.
Buttercup, I did HCG for about 3 mo. & did well also. Didn't get the rash, but did get heartburn! This one is much simpler to do & can still cook for the family. Tomorrow having steaks & broccoli!

I never liked ff items either - now I love them, cottage cheese, yogurt, sour cream!

Don't think the ff half & half is doable here, although, who am I to say? I drink maybe a cup of coffee about 3 or 4 mornings a week & still use my powdered coffee mate - not willing to give that up. Hasn't really seemed to matter since I really don't use that much.

Whenever you are ready, this is a great site & very supportive!
cloaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 07:08 PM   #219
Senior LCF Member

I was surprised I liked the ff cottage cheese. Now the ff yogurt I love. I use the ff cream cheese in my eggs, but I don't think i could eat it by itself like I can regular cream cheese. Of course, that's probably a good thing! lol Haven't tried the sour cream yet.

Going to go make my yogurt now. Nighty night!!
amazinggrace911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 07:29 PM   #220
Big Yapper!!!!

buttercup. I just went back to drinking black coffee and most the time I use some DaVinci's. I thought about the fat free half and half but just won't do anything with corn syrup in it if I can help it. Others use it though.

The only thing I can stand fat free is the yogurt. I use the lowest of fat products for all other dairy:blush:

Amber sorry the treadmill didn't work out!! Wax on.... wax off

I had steak and eggs tonight. Yumbo!!
Old 07-22-2011, 06:01 AM   #221
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: LivinLoCarb
Start Date: May 10, 2011
Evening munchies

Welcome, buttercup

Hi all, I sympathize on the evening munchies. I've been snacking on these things in the evenings and I can still hit a new low on the next morning: Roasted and Salted Soy Nuts from Whole Foods (soy nuts from Publix have more oil added), plain fat free yogurt, and MIO. Here are some of the ways I combine them:
-- Fage or other plain ff yogurt flavored with MIO is a pretty good substitute for ice cream.
-- Soy nuts straight out of the bag satisfy that urge for crunchy. Have MIO flavored water nearby because the nuts are a little dry.
-- My favorite: Fage yogurt mixed with strawberry-watermelon MIO topped with soy nuts!!!

Honestly, late yesterday, I had 2 bowls of Yogurt-MIO-soynuts and several glasses of MIO-flavored water, and I hit a new low this morning.

I hope this helps!

PS I did use Whole Foods soy nuts as a snack in attack phase and lost about 9 lbs in 10 days.

Last edited by LivinLoCarb; 07-22-2011 at 06:11 AM..
LivinLoCarb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 06:25 AM   #222
Big Yapper!!!!

Morning I am down another half of pound. Yay.

Livinglocarb I too think flavoring Greek yogurt is a yummy dessert!
Old 07-22-2011, 07:45 AM   #223
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LivinLoCarb View Post
Welcome, buttercup

Hi all, I sympathize on the evening munchies. I've been snacking on these things in the evenings and I can still hit a new low on the next morning: Roasted and Salted Soy Nuts from Whole Foods (soy nuts from Publix have more oil added), plain fat free yogurt, and MIO. Here are some of the ways I combine them:
-- Fage or other plain ff yogurt flavored with MIO is a pretty good substitute for ice cream.
-- Soy nuts straight out of the bag satisfy that urge for crunchy. Have MIO flavored water nearby because the nuts are a little dry.
-- My favorite: Fage yogurt mixed with strawberry-watermelon MIO topped with soy nuts!!!

Honestly, late yesterday, I had 2 bowls of Yogurt-MIO-soynuts and several glasses of MIO-flavored water, and I hit a new low this morning.

I hope this helps!

PS I did use Whole Foods soy nuts as a snack in attack phase and lost about 9 lbs in 10 days.
Love Mio in my water! How much do you use in the yogurt?

I didn't think we could use soy nuts - great to know!
Cathy
Old 07-22-2011, 07:54 AM   #224
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cloaz View Post
Love Mio in my water! How much do you use in the yogurt?

I didn't think we could use soy nuts - great to know!
Cathy
I would define my Mio amount as about a 1/2 second squirt .

Technically, if you read Dukan's discussion of soy, on pages 47-51, the soy nuts may not meet his strict definition of acceptable soy foods, but I am presenting my experience with soy nuts so that you can experiment and decide for yourself.

On the idea of questionable or borderline foods, I choose a day when I have been Dukan-compliant, then try 1 serving of the questionable food. If the scale is down the next morning, then I begin to assume I can eat the food. I will keep an eye on the situation as I increase eating the food. So far, I have had a good experience with Whole Foods soy nuts, but not Publix soy nuts. I also used this experimentation to add back dry white and red wines, like chardonnay and merlot.

Last edited by LivinLoCarb; 07-22-2011 at 07:58 AM..
Old 07-22-2011, 08:49 AM   #225
Senior LCF Member

what is "molital" candy? Saw it mentioned in an earlier post.
Old 07-22-2011, 08:52 AM   #226
Senior LCF Member

The yogurt is definitely a filler in the evening!!! Just ate brunch and had my yogurt mix and scrambled eggs w/turkey and cream cheese. tonight I'll probably take a salad and some chicken sausage out to my Grandma's for dinner. Everyone else is having a baked potato bar. I'm not going to have any! I'm going to eat right tonight!!

Might go out to my aunt's to swim this afternoon. That will feel good! I hope this heat breaks soon!

I was down .6 pounds from yesterday. Still 2.4 to go to get down to monday's weight, but it'll come off. I have no doubts. Stick to plan and it'll leave! lol

Have a great day!
amazinggrace911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 09:09 AM   #227

Malitol is a sugar alcohol used in SF candies and bars, it tastes sweet, they say it doesn't spike blood sugar so you can deduct the counts from carbs to get net carbs. This is another YMMV, some people can eat them others it makes them stall. It produces a laxative effect, so the first time you eat something with it in, be ready to hear your stomach gurgling!!!

Maltitol is a sugar alcohol (a polyol) used as a sugar substitute. It has 75-90% of the sweetness of sucrose (table sugar) and nearly identical properties, except for browning. It is used to replace table sugar because it has fewer calories, does not promote tooth decay, and has a somewhat lesser effect on blood glucose. In chemical terms, maltitol is known as 4-O-α-glucopyranosyl-D-sorbitol. It is known under trade names such as Maltisorb, Maltisweet and Lesys.
Old 07-22-2011, 10:33 AM   #228
Senior LCF Member

which steaks are allowed & which are not?
Old 07-22-2011, 10:44 AM   #229
Big Yapper!!!!

Cathy I just copied this from lean meats acceptable for South Beach:
Ground Meat:
Ground sirloin
Ground beef with less than 10-percent fat
Cuts from the short loin (called various name in various places):
Short Loin
Tenderloin Roast
T-Bone steak
Porterhouse Steak
Tenderloin Steak
Filet Mignon
Fillet Steak
Top Loin Steak
Strip Steak
Kansas City Steak
New York Strip Steak
Hotel-Style Steak
Sirloin Strip Steak
Club Steak
Country Club Steak
Delmonico Steak
Shell Steak
Cuts from the Sirloin, which can be called:
Tri-Tip
Sirloin Steak
Top Sirloin
Coulotte Steak
Cap Steak
Round-Bone Steak
Beef Loin
Flap Steak
Flap Meat
Cuts from the Round, which can be called:
Bottom Round
Top Round
Eye (of the) Round
Round Tip Roast
Rump Roast
Round Tip Steak
Ball Tip Steak
Beef Sirloin Tip Steak
Breakfast Steak
Knuckle Steak
Sandwich Steak
Minute Steak
Round Steak
Other Acceptable Beef Cuts:
Flank Steak
london broil
Old 07-22-2011, 10:54 AM   #230
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by becksterinindy View Post
Cathy I just copied this from lean meats acceptable for South Beach:
Ground Meat:
Ground sirloin
Ground beef with less than 10-percent fat
Cuts from the short loin (called various name in various places):
Short Loin
Tenderloin Roast
T-Bone steak
Porterhouse Steak
Tenderloin Steak
Filet Mignon
Fillet Steak
Top Loin Steak
Strip Steak
Kansas City Steak
New York Strip Steak
Hotel-Style Steak
Sirloin Strip Steak
Club Steak
Country Club Steak
Delmonico Steak
Shell Steak
Cuts from the Sirloin, which can be called:
Tri-Tip
Sirloin Steak
Top Sirloin
Coulotte Steak
Cap Steak
Round-Bone Steak
Beef Loin
Flap Steak
Flap Meat
Cuts from the Round, which can be called:
Bottom Round
Top Round
Eye (of the) Round
Round Tip Roast
Rump Roast
Round Tip Steak
Ball Tip Steak
Beef Sirloin Tip Steak
Breakfast Steak
Knuckle Steak
Sandwich Steak
Minute Steak
Round Steak
Other Acceptable Beef Cuts:
Flank Steak
london broil
Wow, thanks Becky! Gonna have my t-bone tonight!!!
Old 07-22-2011, 12:21 PM   #231
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: jeaniem
Stats: 166/?/?
WOE: lc
Hi ladies. Mind if I join in? I have had the book for a while now and started with attack today. Need to shop for the dairy but I think I can get by as attack is only 2 days. I haven't decided how I want to do cruise yet? Any experiences with what has worked for you guys?
jeaniem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 12:36 PM   #232
Big Yapper!!!!

jeanie. I have just been alternating protein and protein+veggies days. I am way heavier than you and have a long way to go though. I did 7 days of attack and the the P/PV days and lost 16 pounds in a month. Good luck and post often!
Old 07-22-2011, 12:38 PM   #233
GME
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: GME
Stats: 250/166/175 Trying again...223/211/146 5'7
WOE: Misc.
Start Date: April 2000 (the first time)
Quote:
Originally Posted by becksterinindy View Post
buttercup. I just went back to drinking black coffee and most the time I use some DaVinci's. I thought about the fat free half and half but just won't do anything with corn syrup in it if I can help it. Others use it though.

The only thing I can stand fat free is the yogurt. I use the lowest of fat products for all other dairy:blush:

Amber sorry the treadmill didn't work out!! Wax on.... wax off

I had steak and eggs tonight. Yumbo!!

Welcome Jeanine.

Thanks for the encouragement all! I had a pretty decent day yesterday. It was my son's birthday and we went out for BBQ. I had a chicken breast and broccoli. A couple of bites of cake, but not much.

I am at work. I wasn't supposed to work today, but we are getting something fixed and someone needs to be here. It was supposed to be for a couple of hours, but is dragging on. I have plenty of work to do (and chat here of course), but I didn't bring any lunch. Luckily I have an emergency stock of turkey jerky but it is dwindling fast.

I have been eating ff yogurt with DaVincis, but I haven't tried Mio. I like that stuff in water.

We are leaving Sunday for a week-long camping trip. I usually don't have too much trouble sticking to a food plan when we camp. One night we are backpacking so that will be an off day. I can't pack chicken & yogurt in my pack for hours.The rest of the time we will be staying in our RV (with full kitchen and queen-sized bed..... really roughing it).

It's funny how people's tastes are different. I am ok with the ff sour cream and yogurt, but the cream cheese and mayo are gacky to me.
GME is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 12:41 PM   #234
Big Yapper!!!!

Thanks for the welcome! Do you all use the oatbran?
Old 07-22-2011, 02:04 PM   #235
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeaniem View Post
I think the oat bran is a must, otherwise your digestive track will be way out of wack!
Old 07-22-2011, 02:17 PM   #236
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cloaz View Post
I think the oat bran is a must, otherwise your digestive track will be way out of wack!
Anyone not doing the dairy?
Old 07-22-2011, 02:17 PM   #237
Big Yapper!!!!

I use the oat bran but may not buy it again. It lasts a long time. I just do 1 TBS a day in some Greek yogurt but I make it ahead of time so the bran softens. At first I couldn't find it but I found it at our store around some organic/gourmet cereals.

Gina where you camping? Sounds great!! An RV is my idea of camping or an Inn or cabin

Cathy enjoy your steak
Old 07-22-2011, 02:33 PM   #238
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
I don't use oatbran. I don't, ahem, have that problem; I have more of the other problem. Dukan says that for the 1st 2 years, he did not include oatbran in the diet, but added it when patients requested a way to have carbs.
Old 07-22-2011, 04:02 PM   #239
Big Yapper!!!!

Going out to get some foods.

My list includes:
lean beef
strip steak
cottage cheese
yogurt
skim milk

Any other ideas?

Please disregard this post. I just read through some entries I made in my journal thread and realized that I should not do this plan. It sounds like you all are doing well with it but I need to focus on being less restrictive. Thanks everyone for your thoughts and the welcome.

Last edited by jeaniem; 07-22-2011 at 04:14 PM..
Old 07-22-2011, 04:35 PM   #240
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Going out to get some foods.

My list includes:
lean beef
strip steak
cottage cheese
yogurt
skim milk

Any other ideas?

Please disregard this post. I just read through some entries I made in my journal thread and realized that I should not do this plan. It sounds like you all are doing well with it but I need to focus on being less restrictive. Thanks everyone for your thoughts and the welcome.
Good luck and best wishes to you!