Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Other Plans
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-19-2011, 08:10 AM   #181
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Bejewelme
Stats: 350+/221.4/198 (5'10)
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: restarted 9/27/2010
You girls are doing great!! S ee Becky it is catching up, just keep plugging!!!!!

lenise- I flip out when the cable goes down and we lose the internet how did we ever function without the internet? LOL
Bejewelme is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 07-19-2011, 08:27 AM   #182
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: cloaz
Stats: 218/176.5/150
WOE: Dukan
Start Date: July 10
Ugh, doesn't our world revolve around technology these days!?!

Weighed this morning & didn't look good - went on the treadmill for my 20 min. fast walk, weighed again & am down 1 lb from yesterday! Guess the trick is to weigh after the workout!
Cathy
cloaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 09:15 AM   #183
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: LindaCat
Stats: +20/-15.6/goal
WOE: Dukan Diet
Start Date: 5/8/11
Quote:
Originally Posted by cloaz View Post
do you cover it? I have a large mesh strainer that actually holds the entire 32 oz - not knowing what I'm doing, I did put the cheese cloth in - oh well!
I put a piece of plastic wrap or foil on top to keep the refrig. smell out of it. Mine actually holds 2 32 oz. containers, I drain it for 24 hours.
LindaCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 01:15 PM   #184
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: spydermonkey511
What do yall think:

My boss took the book home for his wife to look at. She is a doctor and has been researching diets. she said that she doesn't think the diet is doable long term and becuase of that is not a good diet. Basically it is too restrictive.
spydermonkey511 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 01:24 PM   #185
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by spydermonkey511 View Post
What do yall think:

My boss took the book home for his wife to look at. She is a doctor and has been researching diets. she said that she doesn't think the diet is doable long term and becuase of that is not a good diet. Basically it is too restrictive.
I don't think she looked closely enough - Once u loose the weight & keep it off, to add some healthy carbs, some fruit, 2 celebration meals a week - sounds extremely healthy & doable to me! Going to have a friend's wife who is a nurtitionalist look it over!
Old 07-19-2011, 01:27 PM   #186

Dr. OZ did a review and had a bunch of doctors on he liked the diet they said the same too restrictive, no kidding there is no diet that doesn't let you eat anything you want at the time you want, I am still waiting for the little debbie diet! Nothing is going to work without some commitment and dedication to changing your eating habits long term, so I look for something I can do forever, Atkins, low fat all doable I cant go back to donuts for breakfast and a cheese steak for lunch, I think any diets works but you have to accept that you body needs to change forever.
Old 07-19-2011, 01:27 PM   #187
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cloaz View Post
I don't think she looked closely enough - Once u loose the weight & keep it off, to add some healthy carbs, some fruit, 2 celebration meals a week - sounds extremely healthy & doable to me! Going to have a friend's wife who is a nurtitionalist look it over!
I thought so also. It seemed like she looked at the first 2 and then that was about it.
Old 07-19-2011, 02:06 PM   #188
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: becksterinindy
I am a nurse and never listen to doctors Any diet is restrictive to reach a goal. Many ways to lose weight but everyone is different and must make a choice that is good for them.

Amber I am waiting for the bottle of wine and block of cheese with salty munchies daily diet

Cathy I am expecting the nutritionalist to say nay to Dukan too.

I do think you have to drink loads of water if you consume a large amount of protein though!
becksterinindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 05:00 PM   #189
Senior LCF Member

I googled a couple of things & found 1 where it looks like Dr. Oz actually likes this diet - says the 1st part, Attack Phase, actually teaches you to eat healthier! I'll let you know what this nutrionalist/friend has to say!
Old 07-19-2011, 07:39 PM   #190
Senior LCF Member

Yeah I agree with yall.

Just made a chocolate cake recipe off the Dukan facebook page someone posted. Can't wait to try some tomorrow. I'll let yall know.
Old 07-19-2011, 09:38 PM   #191
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: amazinggrace911
Stats: 190/190/150 -- 5'8"
WOE: Whatever It Takes!!!!!
Start Date: 7/30/2014
Help me!!!! I need to be back here so bad! My eating is all over the place. Between eating and the heat, I was up to 216 this morning! Really?!? 4 pounds from yesterday. I don't think so!

On the good side, ds said he could hook up my daughter's little 10" computer to a screen so I could have it! So hopefully I'll get that set up tomorrow!

I need you guys! If I have to report how I'm doing I'm much more careful and do better! Tomorrow is a new day and I'm going to get back on track!!
Old 07-20-2011, 05:50 AM   #192
Senior LCF Member

Just drink tons of water you will be back on track in no time!!!
Old 07-20-2011, 05:51 AM   #193

Lenise- I weighed 216 this morning too, I am trying to believe it is a mirage!!!! This new diet said I might go up but now I am freaking out!!! I am so nervous I dont know what to do, is it the heat? I am still drinking over a gallon of water! I have a 90 minute session with the trainer I am going to hope that helps! We took my uncle to the new brew pub, and I wasnt even tempted to eat, so man I am not even cheating
Old 07-20-2011, 06:36 AM   #194
Big Yapper!!!!

Lenise do you have a/c? Mine just got fixed last week and before that was when I went into a time I just couldn't lose. Hope you get the computer fixed up We need you here too! Don't beat yourself up. Just start eating clean and drinking lots of water. You will soon be back down again!

Amber hang ing there. Maybe you need to tweak the plan a bit. Remember trainers, doctors, nutrtionalists, etc. think they know everything You know your body better than anyone and they so seldom support any diet.

I am down another half pound (210.5). I can't believe it but of course I will take it.
Old 07-20-2011, 12:08 PM   #195
Senior LCF Member

I think it's the heat!! I'm ready for fall!! Getting back on track and refocused. Going to get my book back out and read it too.

Just a room air conditioner here. It's cooler, but I can't stay in one room all day! lol. Really need to figure out what we're going to have for dinner.

Way to go Becky! You've definitely passed me up!!

Keep cool everyone!!
amazinggrace911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 06:04 AM   #196
Big Yapper!!!!

210 today Wonder what I can be for our Vegas trip in a month? I will just keep trying and then won't be dieting there! We rented a Gazebo at Mandalay Bay pool for the day My Vegas buddy is a size 6 so I will feel like a beached whale anyway I have gone to Vegas twice a year for many years and never did the pool thing before!

Have a good day all and keep hanging in there
Old 07-21-2011, 07:05 AM   #197
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by becksterinindy View Post
210 today Wonder what I can be for our Vegas trip in a month? I will just keep trying and then won't be dieting there! We rented a Gazebo at Mandalay Bay pool for the day My Vegas buddy is a size 6 so I will feel like a beached whale anyway I have gone to Vegas twice a year for many years and never did the pool thing before!

Have a good day all and keep hanging in there
sounds fun!!! You should enjoy yourself while you are there!

My mother in law is coming for dinner. It is a PP day for me I wish it was a PV day ,but it is not....

I'm frying fish, hush puppies, cheese grits for them and baked fish for me .
Old 07-21-2011, 07:11 AM   #198
Big Yapper!!!!

spyder for times like those I would probably do a PV anyway followed by 2 P days to make up the difference. I have dieted way too many years and lived way too long to worry about a diet vs. family! Whatever you decide to do enjoy the time with family
Old 07-21-2011, 07:17 AM   #199
Senior LCF Member

i thought about that and adding a nice salad to the mix, but my loss has been so slow recently. Basically oz the last little bit I'm hanging on for the big woosh and hate to mess it up. I feel like there is no way I will make my TW by the end of August. i still have like 16lbs to go....
Old 07-21-2011, 07:27 AM   #200
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: susan1030
Stats: 170/168/145
WOE: LC
Start Date: every day!
Quote:
BACON what plan are you on?

Susan protein days on Attack are simple. How many days will you be doing? I like to keep things simple and seems to be working for me. Good luck and welcome again to the thread!
Hey Becky,
Thanks for the welcome. I am going to go 4 days of attack (that's what his website says for me to do). I am starting on Saturday as I have to travel today and tomorrow and I think it may be tough to start out on the road! I want to keep is simple too. I would love to know what you all eat during the attack phase. I think I had better plan ahead in order to make sure that I am not tempted to just grab something illegal! Look forward to any advice guys!
Thanks again!

Rule your mind or it will rule you.
susan1030 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 07:31 AM   #201
Senior LCF Member

lots of turkey )

I mix mine with the "noodles" for a pasta type dish. I think the noodles are fine for attack.
Old 07-21-2011, 07:49 AM   #202
Big Yapper!!!!

I almost wrote in my post this morning "where did Susan go?"

spyder do you mean shirataki noodle when you say "noodles"? Do you use them on P only days too?

Susan I eat a lot of eggs (well according to Dr. Dukan). I don't worry about them. I always have hard boiled eggs and grab one if I feel hungry or know I need something. I also have tuna everyday. I like the Starfish in pouches and go to Wally World for the low sodium ones. I just discoved the low sodium ones and I like the taste even better. I put the oat bran in my plain yogurt and eat yogurt everyday. I also eat cottage cheese a lot. Sirloin a lot too. I love steak! Cod and shrimp. Those are my basic proteins. If I make an omelet or scr. eggs I usually do 1 whole egg and 2 whites. Of course none of these are full fat products Hope any of this helps.
Old 07-21-2011, 07:53 AM   #203

Turkey, chicken breast, FF skim milk, FF greek yogurt, have a variety of things on hand so if you feel munchie you have choices!!!

Becky the pool thing sounds like a blast, like those covered cabana's, its going to be like lifestyles of the rich and famous, LOL

When do you go?

I was back to 213 today, whew! I feel better now,had a huge 90 minute workout, today with the heat I am going to the gym and I am going to try to run on the treadmill, I will be a spectacle but I have to try it!
Old 07-21-2011, 08:09 AM   #204
Big Yapper!!!!

Amber we leave 8-28 for 8 nights Glad you are down. It is so dang hard to work so hard and see a gain or a stall.

I am SO bad about walking and I have a dreadmill so no excuse. I do have a bothersome left knee.... my excuse I just HATE exercise!!!! I admire you Amber
Old 07-21-2011, 08:26 AM   #205
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
I almost wrote in my post this morning "where did Susan go?"

spyder do you mean shirataki noodle when you say "noodles"? Do you use them on P only days too?

Susan I eat a lot of eggs (well according to Dr. Dukan). I don't worry about them. I always have hard boiled eggs and grab one if I feel hungry or know I need something. I also have tuna everyday. I like the Starfish in pouches and go to Wally World for the low sodium ones. I just discoved the low sodium ones and I like the taste even better. I put the oat bran in my plain yogurt and eat yogurt everyday. I also eat cottage cheese a lot. Sirloin a lot too. I love steak! Cod and shrimp. Those are my basic proteins. If I make an omelet or scr. eggs I usually do 1 whole egg and 2 whites. Of course none of these are full fat products Hope any of this helps.
I use them both days. I thought that was ok right? actually maybe you should answer that after I eat my lunch lol
Old 07-21-2011, 08:30 AM   #206
Senior LCF Member

I'm back down some today too. And that was with eating popcorn last night! But overall I ate a lot less than I have been. Today I'm back on track. Brunch was scrambled eggs w/ff cream cheese and corned beef and my yogurt mix. Not sure about dinner for me. Family is going to have grilled cheese. I'm not even sure what I have at the moment. I figure when I get home I'll have some more yogurt to hold me off. Probably just fix some kind of meat tonight. Even if it's just eating turkey roll ups!

Going to the movies this afternoon to get out of the heat! DS is going to see Harry Potter, Dd and bf are going to see Monte Carlo, and I'm going to see Larry Crowne. I think. I might just go see monte carlo with the girls.

Keep cool!
amazinggrace911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 08:49 AM   #207
Big Yapper!!!!

spyder I don't think the noodles should cause any problems. I guess I just wouldn't have them during Attack.

Lenise have fun!! I was thinking Larry Crowne might be good. Not sure what Monte Carlo is. I am not a movie goer but like to rent DVD's on occasion.
Old 07-21-2011, 10:17 AM   #208
Senior LCF Member

I Looked it up and this is the basic recipe I use ,but I tweak it a bit and I got it form the Dukan facebook page ( it was psoted by the mods) It says all phases. So I guess even attack is ok. Yummy!

Turkey with Shirataki Noodle

3 servings

3 7 oz. Packets Shirataki noodles

1 lb. Ground Lean turkey breast

2 Tbsp. Cumin

1 Tbsp. Coriander

1 Tbsp. Fennel seeds

¼ Tsp. Black pepper

1 stalk green onion (optional)

Sautee ground turkey in a frying pan adding the cumin, coriander, fennel and black pepper

Rinse noodles according to instructions on package, then drain and add to skillet

Toss together and serve (garnish with green onion)

Good for Attack and Cruise PP days. Add veggies to dish to make a PV meal.
week 3-
Old 07-21-2011, 10:58 AM   #209
Senior LCF Member

Stagnat today & yesterday - might be eating too much of the ff dairy!

Where do you buy the Shirataki noodles?
Old 07-21-2011, 11:12 AM   #210
Senior LCF Member

i get mine at Publix and Walmart has them.