Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Other Plans
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-17-2011, 07:54 AM   #151
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: LivinLoCarb
WOE: Dukan
Start Date: May 10, 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by cloaz View Post
6 lean pork chops, center-cut if possible
Yes, I've made that recipe twice. The 1st time, I made it with center-cut pork chops (expensive) and they came out incredibly good, worthy of a chef. The 2nd time, I bought some generic "lean pork chops" and, as you say, the recipe came out dry. I'm thinking of trying brining for the less expensive cuts, but haven't learned how to do that yet.

Last edited by LivinLoCarb; 07-17-2011 at 07:55 AM..
LivinLoCarb is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 07-17-2011, 08:23 AM   #152
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: cloaz
Stats: 218/176.5/150
Start Date: July 10
I just ate 1 of the muffins - didn't top it with anything. It needs a topping! Topped a 2nd with ff cream cheese, 2 drops of vanilla & sprinkled with pumpkin pie seasoning - WOW! What a difference!!!
cloaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2011, 08:27 AM   #153
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LivinLoCarb View Post
Yes, I've made that recipe twice. The 1st time, I made it with center-cut pork chops (expensive) and they came out incredibly good, worthy of a chef. The 2nd time, I bought some generic "lean pork chops" and, as you say, the recipe came out dry. I'm thinking of trying brining for the less expensive cuts, but haven't learned how to do that yet.
I used pork sirloin chops that I had in the freezer (my husband does the shopping & buys whatever is on sale & we freeze). It shreds nicely so I am going to try it with some of the Walden Farms bbq sauce - have to pick some up as I am out of it right now! On a Dukan roll of some sort, should be like eating a shredded bbq sandwich @ my favorite places in Memphis! I'll let you know.
Old 07-17-2011, 06:38 PM   #154
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Bejewelme
Stats: 350+/221.4/198 (5'10)
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: restarted 9/27/2010
Well girls my new diet is sort of low fat and protein driven so we will see how I fair again, it is so funny i have like one area of the fridge is FF crap, the other atkins, it is crazy!!!!
Bejewelme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2011, 07:20 PM   #155
Senior LCF Member

OMG, shredded 1 of my pork chops I made yesterday, put some Walden Farms BBQ on it, microwaved & put it on some of the Hamburger/Sandwich Buns I made today - absolutely 1 of my favorite dishes so far!!! A few tomato slices & I had a really nice dinner!
Old 07-18-2011, 04:42 AM   #156
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: becksterinindy
cloaz that does sound yummy. Are you using oopsie rolls? Can't think of any bun type product that would be good for Cruise.

bejewel that would make me nuts!! I hope you find what works for you so you can still continue to lose Just don't go away. We need you here!

I am so happy. Lost again and down to 212.5. Look out Lenise I am chasing you Feels good to finaly get rewarded for hanging in so long without a loss. Still not trusting it won't head the other direction though. Wednesday will be 1 month doing Dukan and I am hoping for 15 off in that month which would be amazing. I am so happy I lurked here for a few weeks and then plunged in with both feet
Old 07-18-2011, 07:20 AM   #157

Becky- 15 pounds in a month is incredible that is nothing to sneeze at!!!! You are doing great, the scale is a mother f*** PIA, but it does play nice every now and then, LOL We are all around the same weights now!!!
Old 07-18-2011, 09:09 AM   #158
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by becksterinindy View Post
cloaz that does sound yummy. Are you using oopsie rolls? Can't think of any bun type product that would be good for Cruise.

bejewel that would make me nuts!! I hope you find what works for you so you can still continue to lose Just don't go away. We need you here!

I am so happy. Lost again and down to 212.5. Look out Lenise I am chasing you Feels good to finaly get rewarded for hanging in so long without a loss. Still not trusting it won't head the other direction though. Wednesday will be 1 month doing Dukan and I am hoping for 15 off in that month which would be amazing. I am so happy I lurked here for a few weeks and then plunged in with both feet
Becky, I found another roll that is better than the Oopsie -
Hamburger/Sandwich Buns
4 eggs, sperated ¼ t cream of tartar
1 T Splenda 4 oz ff cream cheese
4 T oat bran 2 t water
1 t white vinegar 1 t onion powder
1 t Butter Buds Sprinkles – optional
Separate eggs. Mix yolks, cream cheese, bran, water, vinegar, onion powder, Butter Buds. Beat egg whites cream of tartar & Splenda till stiff. With same beaters, beat yolk mixture till well blended. Poor over whites & fold together.
Spoon onto foil lined & sprayed cookie sheet in piles of how big you want. Bake @ 300 for 30 minutes.

I actually made 10 smaller ones & kid of used them like a scoop for the meat.

This morning I googled some breakfast recipes & found 1 for Oatbarn Cocoa Puffs - made them, tasted & put them in the disposal - tasted like they came from a barn!!!

I like the pancake & the muffins, however, need something new, maybe without the oat bran, for breakfast. Anyone have any suggestions?
Old 07-18-2011, 09:12 AM   #159
Senior LCF Member

Another question: I saw somewhere that some drain the ff yogurt & it makes it more like the Greek. How do you do this? With cheesecloth? In a strainer?
Old 07-18-2011, 09:25 AM   #160
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Seabreezes
Stats: 191/162/160
WOE: JUDDD let me lose 30 pounds and keep it off
Start Date: Seems like forever - restart June '11
Quote:
Another question: I saw somewhere that some drain the ff yogurt & it makes it more like the Greek. How do you do this? With cheesecloth? In a strainer?
Yes, put it in a strainer with a cloth. It used to be called yogurt cheese - comes out quite nice and thick. If you have a Costco near you they sell the Fage in large containers so it is not as expensive as the regular stores.

Good Morning Duckaners!! I am going to have a protein day - we will see how it goes. Should be easy, right???? I always seem to get a veggie in there, though!!

Last edited by Seabreezes; 07-18-2011 at 09:30 AM..
Seabreezes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 09:39 AM   #161
Big Yapper!!!!

cloaz I just put a coffee filter in a strainer and leave it in the fridge for hours. Infact I just leave it draining until I am finished. I can't quite fit the whole 32 ounces in but just add the rest after I have scooped some out to eat. The strainer I use does have a lid though. It is believed that the whey in yogurt carries most the carbs and that goes down the drain.

seabreeze good luck. Portein days do get a lot easier after the third day

Amber I cracked up when you wrote in your journal about dressing up on Fremont St. for pictures for tips I wish all those freaks on the strip and downtown would take a hike though, seriously!
becksterinindy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 10:31 AM   #162
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: susan1030
Stats: 170/168/145
WOE: LC
Start Date: every day!
Good afternoon,
I would like to join in if I may. I just got the book and am reading it as we speak. I would like to lose about 30 pounds and would love some advice as I am starting out. Looks quite doable and sensible for sure.
I look forward to getting to know you all! Have a great rest of the day....
Susan
susan1030 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 10:42 AM   #163
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by susan1030 View Post
Good afternoon,
I would like to join in if I may. I just got the book and am reading it as we speak. I would like to lose about 30 pounds and would love some advice as I am starting out. Looks quite doable and sensible for sure.
I look forward to getting to know you all! Have a great rest of the day....
Susan
Susan, I just joined this Thread on the 10th - started Dukan the Sunday before. I was doing a different diet for about 3 mo & lost 32 lbs on it. this one is MUCH easier to follow & seems like it will a good lifttime habbit. I have another 25 - 30 t0 loose.

I am sure you will be as welcomed as I have been!
Old 07-18-2011, 10:44 AM   #164
Senior LCF Member

came up with a good breakfast this morning - took 2 of those Hamburger rolls, toasted them (have to watch carefully as they toast quickly) & used those with 2 over easy eggs. If I had any bacon in the house, would have been almost perfect!
Old 07-18-2011, 11:04 AM   #165
Big Yapper!!!!

BACON what plan are you on?

Susan protein days on Attack are simple. How many days will you be doing? I like to keep things simple and seems to be working for me. Good luck and welcome again to the thread!
Old 07-18-2011, 11:32 AM   #166
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
BACON what plan are you on?

Susan protein days on Attack are simple. How many days will you be doing? I like to keep things simple and seems to be working for me. Good luck and welcome again to the thread!
the 100 Natural Foods list in the Dukan book includes Reduced-fat bacon & soy bacon - haven't tried either yet!
Old 07-18-2011, 12:10 PM   #167

"Amber I cracked up when you wrote in your journal about dressing up on Fremont St. for pictures for tips I wish all those freaks on the strip and downtown would take a hike though, seriously!"

Not til I make $100 that is my goal to stand down there until I make $100, LOL I cant have them all leave or I will be the only freak, LOL
Old 07-18-2011, 12:26 PM   #168
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: spydermonkey511
afternoon ladies!

One thing I notice of this diet is I am constantly freezing.... almost all the time. Which I feel like also makes me hungry. Any one else having this problem?
spydermonkey511 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 12:39 PM   #169
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by spydermonkey511 View Post
afternoon ladies!

One thing I notice of this diet is I am constantly freezing.... almost all the time. Which I feel like also makes me hungry. Any one else having this problem?
I'm cold a lot also! It isn't this diet, it's any. someone told me that it is common any time you are losing a lot of weight! I keep a sweat shirt or jacket in my car @ all times!
Old 07-18-2011, 12:48 PM   #170
Big Yapper!!!!

Amber I must have missed have missed where you have to make $100. I skipped many pages and just read the last few. You guys are way too chatty there. Are you really going to do this? If I were going to be there I'd just give you a hundy

spyder I really don't have the problem but I have heard others complain. My BFF has this problem and she also some thyroid issues
Old 07-18-2011, 01:20 PM   #171
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Amber I must have missed have missed where you have to make $100. I skipped many pages and just read the last few. You guys are way too chatty there. Are you really going to do this? If I were going to be there I'd just give you a hundy

spyder I really don't have the problem but I have heard others complain. My BFF has this problem and she also some thyroid issues
hmm. Thanks for telling me that. Is she Hypo by any chance? I am.

Oh if any of you shop at publix splenda is BOGO and on the splenda site you can print off some high value coupons.
Old 07-18-2011, 01:44 PM   #172
Big Yapper!!!!

Yes she is hypo spyder. Good deal on the Splenda but no where near a Publix here! I use the liquid type mostly. I am in Northern Indiana in the town of the Fighting Irish.

Last edited by becksterinindy; 07-18-2011 at 01:48 PM..
Old 07-18-2011, 02:05 PM   #173
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Yes she is hypo spyder. Good deal on the Splenda but no where near a Publix here! I use the liquid type mostly. I am in Northern Indiana in the town of the Fighting Irish.
thanks again maybe it is because of the thyroid issue. Although my coworker is hypo also and hasn't had the same problem ,but she is a heavier than i am so that may matter some.
Old 07-18-2011, 02:10 PM   #174

Funny you mention that, I was always so hot, sweaty really, now even in the hot weather I am always freezing I am going around turning the AC up and turning the fans off, I thought it was losing a person that made me cooler, LOL

Becky- no kidding, if I am at my goal weight my friend said you should dress as Wonder Woman and go down to Freemont street and get money for people taking their pic with you, I said game on, I am always up for a challenge especially in Vegas, LOL I told her she has to dress up too! LOL I love Vegas baby, and what happens in Vegas stays in Vegas, LOL Plus I will have a brown wig on, I said I might sachet into Glitter Gulch and do a pole dance too, LOL
Old 07-18-2011, 04:10 PM   #175
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: LindaCat
Stats: +20/-15.6/goal
WOE: Dukan Diet
Start Date: 5/8/11
Quote:
I don't use the cheese cloth...to messy. I just dump the yogurt into one of those mesh type strainers.
LindaCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 05:12 PM   #176
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LindaCat View Post
I don't use the cheese cloth...to messy. I just dump the yogurt into one of those mesh type strainers.
do you cover it? I have a large mesh strainer that actually holds the entire 32 oz - not knowing what I'm doing, I did put the cheese cloth in - oh well!
Old 07-18-2011, 08:39 PM   #177
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: amazinggrace911
Stats: 190/190/150 -- 5'8"
WOE: Whatever It Takes!!!!!
Start Date: 7/30/2014
Just wanted to post real quick. My ds computer broke so he is using the laptop. Since my desktop is put away I'm not going to get much time on the computer. Unfortunately I was back up today. Some bad choices over the weekend. Dumb!!! 212.0 today. Becky and Amber -- you're going to pass me up at the rate I'm going!!

Nighty night!
amazinggrace911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 09:17 PM   #178
Senior LCF Member

strained my yogurt, tried some on one of the muffins mixed with cinnamon & splenda - yum! Thanks for all of your help everyone!
Old 07-19-2011, 06:11 AM   #179
Big Yapper!!!!

cloaz glad you enjoyed it. Lenise doesn't like Greek yogurt but I love it all nice and thick.

Lenise I was wondering what happened to you. Missed you. Please come as often as you can I think I would die if my computer died on me.

Ok I am over the moon here!!! 211 today
Old 07-19-2011, 07:22 AM   #180
Senior LCF Member

Morning ladies. down a little today ,but still above my lowest weigh in weight (

I'm thinking I may do the blitz next week if nothing changes much.

congrats on all the losses!