Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Other Plans
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-15-2011, 08:51 AM   #121
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: spydermonkey511
Quote:
Originally Posted by becksterinindy View Post
I am happy for you big time losers truly I am but I am struggling to keep a positive attitude.

Only losing 3 in 15 days is NOT acceptable to me and yet I don't know what I will do

Bejewel I know that changing things up sometimes works but I did just that the last 3 days. Just having a hard time with the slow lose and yet don't seem to have an alternative plan at this moment

Sorry to be such a downer. Think I should step away for awhile.
That is what we are here for. Are you noticing inches going away? have you tried a white day?
spydermonkey511 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 07-15-2011, 09:18 AM   #122
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Bejewelme
Stats: 350+/221.4/198 (5'10)
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: restarted 9/27/2010
Becky dont leave what ever you choose we are here to help, 3 days isnt enough of a mixup I give something a full 7 days to evaluate if it works, like I did the Atkins fat fast 7 days lost 8 pounds it all came schreeching back on when I went to 20 carbs again, it sucks you feel deprived when everyone is eating you stick to it and then you dont see losses, I know how frustrating and depressing it is, but you gotta push through, plus you cant leave or I wont hear about Vegas
Bejewelme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 12:21 PM   #123
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: becksterinindy
Thanks I am just having a bad maybe. I ate peanuts awhile ago and now beating myself up

spyder I did go and try on a pair of capris I couldn't fit into before and I am wearing them

Bejewelme I will hang here if you all will have me no matter what I eat. I sort of thought I might come back from vacation and not want to keep up with the Dukan woe. Maybe I can just get through this funk. I have SO much to lose and doubt I can face a year of P/PV every other day. It is summer and the fresh fruits and veggies abound. Feel I am missing out
Old 07-15-2011, 12:43 PM   #124
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: LivinLoCarb
WOE: Dukan
Start Date: May 10, 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by becksterinindy View Post
Thanks I am just having a bad maybe. I ate peanuts awhile ago and now beating myself up

spyder I did go and try on a pair of capris I couldn't fit into before and I am wearing them

Bejewelme I will hang here if you all will have me no matter what I eat. I sort of thought I might come back from vacation and not want to keep up with the Dukan woe. Maybe I can just get through this funk. I have SO much to lose and doubt I can face a year of P/PV every other day. It is summer and the fresh fruits and veggies abound. Feel I am missing out
Becksterinindy, congratulations on the capris fitting!! And of course, please stick around no matter what you eat. What are supportive friends for anyway?

I did just have another thought that may help, and I tried to find in the book where Dukan says it, but somewhere, he says that if you just get sick and tired of dieting, move on to the next phase and just maintain what you've got for a while until you feel better. If you are in Cruise, maybe just move into Consolidation, where you can eat fruit, more vegetables, and other goodies, along with 2 celebration meals per week? That way, you could hold your ground, yet give yourself a break?

Last edited by LivinLoCarb; 07-15-2011 at 12:45 PM..
LivinLoCarb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 01:20 PM   #125
GME
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: GME
Stats: 250/166/175 And again...223/215.0/146 5'7
WOE: Misc.
Start Date: April 2000 (the first time)
Quote:
Originally Posted by LivinLoCarb View Post
Becksterinindy, congratulations on the capris fitting!! And of course, please stick around no matter what you eat. What are supportive friends for anyway?

I did just have another thought that may help, and I tried to find in the book where Dukan says it, but somewhere, he says that if you just get sick and tired of dieting, move on to the next phase and just maintain what you've got for a while until you feel better. If you are in Cruise, maybe just move into Consolidation, where you can eat fruit, more vegetables, and other goodies, along with 2 celebration meals per week? That way, you could hold your ground, yet give yourself a break?
Yes, he says that! I just read it last night, I know becasue someone sent me the book.

It might be an idea til you regroup and feel like moving on.

I had a skooch up on the scale this morning. It is my own fault and may have alledgedly involved cookies. The exact same time of night that is consistantly my downfall. I really must get control of that.

I am at work today. I got a new job (same place though) and moved into a new office and have a meeting to go to soon. The good news is (besides the raise) is I have a more flexible schedule about eating and I can drink and go to the bathroom anytime I want! I was a teacher so that is quite a big deal.

SpyderMonkey, what is a white day?
Old 07-15-2011, 01:43 PM   #126
Big Yapper!!!!

ok it is official. You guys are the best

Gina I forgot I was going to ask Spyder the same question. WTH is a "white day"? If it includes white potatoes.... load me up Congrats on the new job!
becksterinindy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 02:16 PM   #127
Senior LCF Member

It is where you eat only white protein ( chicken and egg whites for example). It hink I saw it on the Dukan FB page. It is suppose to help give your body a jump start. I haven't tried it yet though.
Old 07-15-2011, 02:36 PM   #128
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by spydermonkey511 View Post
It is where you eat only white protein ( chicken and egg whites for example). It hink I saw it on the Dukan FB page. It is suppose to help give your body a jump start. I haven't tried it yet though.
Oh ok. Figured it was something like that. Would end up being VLC also. Fish, chicken and egg whites......yum.....NOT
Old 07-15-2011, 02:58 PM   #129

Yeah Becky I am changing up all the time now I gotta eat 150 carbs holy crap I am scared but that is what this trainer guy said, so I am scared but going to do what he said, but good carbs brown rice, steel cut oats etc to work out and burn fat I wish he would have said 150 carbs worth of smores, LOL
Old 07-15-2011, 04:42 PM   #130
Senior LCF Member

grr just figured out my vanilla extract has sugar in it.... All this time I thought it was safe to use.
Old 07-15-2011, 06:06 PM   #131
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: amazinggrace911
Stats: 190/190/150 -- 5'8"
WOE: Whatever It Takes!!!!!
Start Date: 7/30/2014
Becky, I'm not really doing Dukan right now either. So stick around no matter what you do. But I do like my protein days every once in a while. I'm more or less doing intermittent fasting right now. I've been making better choices even though my carbs are a little higher than normal. But I like to change to different things too. Keep that body guessing!!
amazinggrace911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2011, 07:34 AM   #132
Big Yapper!!!!

Weight is the same today but I am in a better frame of mind. Resisted the urge to grab a bottle of chardonnay last evening. Would have loved some wine to go along with my whine July 20th will mark 1 month on Dukan and I should end up losing over 10 pounds easily and decided that is an awesome amount in a month so I need to buck up and keep on keeping on

Thanks to all of you for the great support

Amber I love wild rice and triscuits. You could try adding those. Triscuits (100% whole grain) have always been a staple on Sugar Busters. SB is what I hope to maintain on if that day ever comes A sweet potato is so yummy too. You could even just have a half of one from time to time.

spyder I had no idea there is sugar in vanilla extract but doubt there is much to matter with as little as someone uses.

Lenise tell me a bit about how you are doing some Int. Fasting please.
Old 07-16-2011, 09:35 AM   #133
Senior LCF Member

I'm so excited!!! Down another pound today!! 210!!!

There is a post here on the board on intermittent fasting. It's not very active though. I'll send you a link to a site where you can download a book on intermittent fasting. It's interesting. A lot of people do LC with IF for an added boost.

My main problem is just plain overeating -- eating for emotional reasons. Even lcing only stops that for me for a while. IFing helps me to learn to control my hunger. I'm not an early morning person anyway, so it's not very difficult for me to wait until evening to eat. And I drink lots of water during the day. The plan I'm following basically has you do a five hour eating window. Now you can adjust your time period depending on your schedule. But you're not to eat all during those five hours. Eat when hungry. I'm finding that each day I'm able to eat a little less cause I'm just not hungry. When I do get hungry and my stomach growls during the day I use that time to pray and give my hunger to Him.

I started back to IFing last Friday, when my weight had gone back up to 215! Today I weighed in at 210!!! Not bad for the first week. Actually it's really good and a lot more than most people lose. But I've done IFing before so it hasn't taken me long to adjust.

I guess basically it's calorie restriction. But you're eating all your calories in a smaller amount of time. I know a lot of people don't like the idea of fasting, but I grew up fasting for religious reasons and am used to it. At least I get to drink now!! It's definitely not for everyone. But it works for my lifestyle. Now if I'm really hungry (like one of the days this past week) I ate my ff yogurt/cinnamon/oat bran/splenda mixture to get me through the day. Boy did it taste good that day!!

Didn't mean to go on for so long! Sorry! IF is basically good to do along with any eating plan you choose! Or not!
Old 07-16-2011, 09:45 AM   #134
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by amazinggrace911 View Post
I'm so excited!!! Down another pound today!!210!!!
Congratulations!!! So glad your scale is moving again!
Old 07-16-2011, 09:51 AM   #135
Senior LCF Member

Me too!!!
Old 07-16-2011, 09:58 AM   #136
Big Yapper!!!!

Congrats Lenise!! I would SO love to be there. I don't want to read about IF I understand the concept but wanted to know what you were doing. Thanks for telling me. I am not at all a breakfast person either. I do love late night eating though<sigh>. Eating all my food in a 5 hour window would make for a challenge for me all in its own! Might give it a try sometime. Thanks again!

BTW Lenise does that mean you lost 20 pounds in like 7 weeks? AWESOME!!!!!!

Last edited by becksterinindy; 07-16-2011 at 10:00 AM..
Old 07-16-2011, 10:01 AM   #137
Senior LCF Member

Some of Dr. Dukan's comments on handling plateaus / stagnation

For reference sake, yesterday I mentioned Dr. Dukan's idea to move to the Consolidation Phase if one is tired of dieting. I finally found his discussion on page 75 of the Dukan USA book. He says too much for me to quote here, but if you go to Amazon, click on "Look Inside", search for "laurels", then read page 75, you'll find the discussion.

Then, while I was looking for that, I also found this on page 154 of the Dukan book:
"When one of my patients reaches a stagnation plateau, I prescribe what I call a 'blitz operation' over a very brief period of time:
  • 4 days of the Attack diet's pure proteins without any deviation
  • Restricting salt intake as much as possible
  • 2 quarts of water with a low mineral content
  • Getting to sleep as early as possible (sleep before midnight is much more beneficial than after)
  • Adding a gentle herbal diuretic to eliminate any hidden water retention
  • And, above all, walking for 60 minutes a day for 4 days

I'm not recommending any of this, only offering it for ideas.

Last edited by LivinLoCarb; 07-16-2011 at 10:04 AM..
Old 07-16-2011, 10:08 AM   #138
Senior LCF Member

All good ideas. Didn't he say some about increasing water and increasing exercise? Can't remember the whole thing right now.
Old 07-16-2011, 01:32 PM   #139
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Seabreezes
Stats: 191/162/160
WOE: JUDDD let me lose 30 pounds and keep it off
Start Date: Seems like forever - restart June '11
Did you all see the First Magazine article about the Dukan Diet. It gave it quite a write up.

I keep looking at it, but have a hard time with the low fat except for the the Fage non fat yogurt. Everything else seems to have extra carbs and I know I can't have a lot of carbs. There also seem to be a lot more additives to the low fat items, but it does seem to work for a lot of people.

I think if I just use the yogurt for dairy and then follow the other ideas it would be worth another try.

I know a lot of you are doing quite well on it and it certainly is healthier than low fat/high carb.

I enjoy following your posts.
Old 07-16-2011, 03:05 PM   #140
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: cloaz
Stats: 218/176.5/150
Start Date: July 10
Thanks

Becky, thank you for inviting me to join this Thread! I am very new to this "Thread" thing & not sure what I am doing.

A little background: I started @ 218 lbs 4 mo. ago on the HCG drops - lost 35 lbs, got heart burn ongoing & went off of the drops 3 weeks ago. Gained 7 lbs in 2 weeks.

Started Dukan last Sunday & have lost 10 lbs (also stressed because my 22 yr old son had shoulder surgery & I don't eat much when stressed about my kids)!

Question about the "Oat Bran Cookie" - made it, seemed dry. Did I do something wrong?

Again, thanks for the invite, have enjoyed reading your posts so far!
Cathy (& whoever it was that said they have friends in AZ, I'm in Tucson)!
cloaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2011, 03:44 PM   #141
Big Yapper!!!!

cloaz. So happy you joined us. I have never made the cookies but I seem to recall that others didn't care for them but they love the muffins. I haven't made those either. I just mix mine in the yogurt and then let is sit a few hours or overnight so it gets softer. I actually have not made any of the recipes. I am just keeping it simple.

I went on a long trip Feb-April. Southwest for the first time and then Mexico for a month. I saw cactus for the first time and I LOVED the Saguaro. I called them "my people". I really liked Tucson. Went to 4th street, Sabino Canyon and the National Park. We only stayed one night but would happily go back!!!

Hope Dukan works for you. Sometimes the weight comes off fast and other times you play a long waiting game so be prepared

seabreeze
Old 07-16-2011, 06:43 PM   #142

THe muffins are super I like that you can make 6 to last the week I keep in the fridge, the cookie was dry I thought. THe muffin is better than heating up the pancake.

I love AZ we want to retire there, we go to Tuscon for the gem show in Feb, we went to Quartzite this year
Old 07-16-2011, 07:33 PM   #143
Senior LCF Member

Thanks for the tips, I'll try the muffins this week! I have been putting the bran in the Yoplait ff & like it a lot. I think I'll try it in the plain ff with a dash of cinnimon & splenda or with a flavored extract.

I also make the pancake & top it with ff cream cheese mixed with the Walden Farms orange marmelade spread. If you haven't tried walden farms products, they are fab - no sugar, no carbs, no fat, no anything! I expecially liked the chocolate dip when I could have apples, oranges & strawberries - have to come up with other uses. Maybe on top of the muffins!?!

Last edited by cloaz; 07-16-2011 at 07:35 PM..
Old 07-16-2011, 07:54 PM   #144
Senior LCF Member

Bejewel, how did you get your ticker to show up here?
Old 07-16-2011, 08:09 PM   #145

I had to have an admin do it, but I think you need like 40 posts first, I never could get it to work, now I can update it but Cheri had to do it for me initially.
Old 07-16-2011, 08:23 PM   #146
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bejewelme View Post
I had to have an admin do it, but I think you need like 40 posts first, I never could get it to work, now I can update it but Cheri had to do it for me initially.
Thanks, I'll keep that in mind for the future!
Old 07-17-2011, 05:13 AM   #147
Big Yapper!!!!

Down 0.5 not much but feels good to see it go in the right direction.

Amber I saw Quartzite too on my trip. I saw the naked (almost) man that runs the bookstore. I wanted my pic taken with him but after I came back from the bathroom he was gone.
Old 07-17-2011, 05:24 AM   #148

Lenise- OMG that is fantastic, I am up2 pounds probably from yesterday not enough water and in the heat, and the food, but its OK, I am going to run!!! IF works for a lot of people and it sounds like it is really helping you!!!!

BEcky- OMG bookstore guy, I missed him so my friend took a pic for me, OMG is all I can say!!!!
Old 07-17-2011, 07:03 AM   #149
Senior LCF Member

I'm down .5 today - every little bit helps! made the Dukan crock pot pork chops last night. they were a bit dry, so dipped in a little no sugar free ketchup & they were yummy with a piece of the Oopsie roll!

Pork Chops
6 lean pork chops, center-cut if possible
3/4 cup chicken broth
3 Tablespoons apple cider vinegar
Salt
Pepper
Onion powder
Garlic Powder
- Brown both sides of the pork chops under the broiler.
- Sprinkle both sides of the chops with the seasonings
- Put broth and vinegar in bottom of slow cooker.
- Place meat in slow cooker and cook on Low for about 8 hours.
Old 07-17-2011, 07:32 AM   #150
Senior LCF Member

Muffins are in the oven, coffee brewing, & it all smells so good! I think, on the Cruise Phase of Dukan, you can actually have 2 of these each day as that would be the 2 T of Oat Bran. I think I will start with 1 & have the yogurt with the other T.