Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Other Plans
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-09-2011, 05:31 AM   #61
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Inkiri
Stats: 162/158/140
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 11/10/2014
Starting day 5 of attack. I didn't lose any weight from yesterday; I'm still the same. And I know exactly why: I didn't exercise at all yesterday. Dr. Dukan is right: 20 minutes of brisk walking is mandatory. I've seen now what happens when one skips the walk: the weight loss stalls. Ouch! So now I'm off to Curves for a half hour circuit workout.
Beckster: I want to lose 29 lbs to get from 164 to 135. I'm currently 157. We're going to the beach the 3rd week of August and I'd like to be 150 by then. (I'm a slow loser.)
Hope everyone has a wonderful Saturday!

Last edited by Inkiri; 07-09-2011 at 05:32 AM.. Reason: adding diet ticker
Inkiri is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 07-09-2011, 10:21 AM   #62
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: SuzeQ
Stats: 5'2"/75 years old 169/155/135
WOE: Anything that works!
Start Date: June 6, 2011
Inkiri: I am guilty of not doing any exercise this week, which of course is showing in lack of loss. It does matter and I vow to do better next week. DH has been moving "stuff" from a storage unit in Vegas up to where we live in Oregon and the stress from that is not good, but next week it will fall back in place again. Thanks for reminding me about the need for a little exercise at least.

Due to excess stress I admit I haven't been 100% cheat free. A couple of chips here and there, that sort of thing. Do any of you find that you are mindlessly eating? I think stress does that to some people.
Old 07-09-2011, 10:24 AM   #63
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Bejewelme
Stats: 350+/221.4/198 (5'10)
Start Date: restarted 9/27/2010
I think I am going back to some attack next week, I am working out like a dog, and not losing again, I have been 215 all week, it is ticking me off! I stocked up on turkey and chicken and shrimp, I still need some carbs for the exercise so I am just so torn what to do like seriously I wish someone would wave a wand and say you need exactly this much fat, carbs, protein to lose 2 pounds a week, and I would be set!
Bejewelme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2011, 12:01 PM   #64
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: becksterinindy
I am down another half a pound but the 3 day vacation is approaching next week. Will do the best I can but afraid I will need some attack days when I return.

Ink I don't do the walking. I have walked like 3 times since I started
becksterinindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2011, 05:23 PM   #65
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: amazinggrace911
Stats: 190/190/150 -- 5'8"
WOE: Whatever It Takes!!!!!
Start Date: 7/30/2014
I haven't been faithful with my exercising either. And I really need to do them every day to strengthen my legs. I can feel the difference with what I have been doing. I know my balance is better, though I still have to be careful.

Haven't done attack like I wanted to. But thankfully my weight is back down to what is was last Monday. Another wasted week. But not a wasted weekend! Back on track. Waiting on hunger too!!
amazinggrace911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2011, 06:17 AM   #66
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Inkiri
Stats: 162/158/140
Start Date: 11/10/2014
Aaaargh! I'm so frustrated! Second day in a row with no loss, even though I'm following Dukan attack To.The.Letter.
Know why? I'm constipated! I took a stool softener (yeah, sorry. TMI.) and nothing happened. No results.
Today I started Cruise and had a spinach omelette for breakfast. Let's hope introducing green veggies gets things, um, moving.
Still, I'm SO bummed not to see the scale move. It's hard to be motvated when I'm doing all the right things (protein, water, exercise, oat bran) and seeing no freakin' results.
But I refuse to give up.

Inkiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2011, 06:41 AM   #67

Inkiri- dont give up it will catch up with a nice whoosh, I know its frustrating, I recommend a sugar free candy with malitol that sets things in motion, if you are not willing to try that, try a little more otat bran like a little more in some FF yogurt! I know I have not gone in 2 days and I am hoping that is why I have not lost this week!
Old 07-10-2011, 09:21 AM   #68
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: SuzeQ
Stats: 5'2"/75 years old 169/155/135
WOE: Anything that works!
Start Date: June 6, 2011
FYI: I one of the products like Metamucil Clear & Natural a couple of times each day. Works for this ole' bod! You can mix it in with anything and it disappears.

I am very discouraged because I can see that not only do I have to keep fat and carbs down, but I also have to count calories. Sometimes I just want to throw in the towel and just eat regular food. I can maintain my weight no problem but I simply can not lose anything. Don't know what to do.
SuzeQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2011, 09:30 AM   #69
Senior LCF Member

I'm so excited! Can you see me jumping up and down???

A new low of 212.0!!!! Oh my gosh! Getting close to 20 pounds gone! I just hope and pray I can keep it off for my weigh in tomorrow!!!

Might go to the movies this afternoon to see Zookeeper. Anyone seen it yet??
Old 07-10-2011, 11:15 AM   #70
Big Yapper!!!!

Great job Lenise. I am a little excited too so I will join you I am at a new low of 215 but I go up and down and all around so who know what will stick!

I am down 17 pounds since starting on 6/22. It was so hard after losing 10 pounds the first week and then gaining a pound and sitting still for a solid week but I stayed true and finally started moving again
Old 07-10-2011, 12:59 PM   #71

You girls are doing great!!!!!!! I sure hope I see some scale movement tomorrow, I ran this morning now I am going to try Bob Harpers weight loss yoga and see how that goes!
Old 07-11-2011, 07:19 AM   #72
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: LivinLoCarb
WOE: Dukan
Start Date: May 10, 2011
So happy to see the new lows above!

Three times in the past 10 days, hubby and I have been caught in short-notice situations where we had little choice but to eat carby things like honey-glazed chicken and meat loaf. I think we are going to do 2-3 protein days in a row to get back on track. I'm glad we have 'protein days' as a tool!

Last edited by LivinLoCarb; 07-11-2011 at 07:22 AM..
LivinLoCarb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 04:07 PM   #73
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Purrcy'smom
Stats: 216/193.5/158
WOE: Dukan and the CTFLC
Start Date: May 9, 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by becksterinindy View Post
I sure had major problems during attack but kept drinking lots of water and taking a stool softner once or twice a day. I am a nurse and do not endorse the use of laxatives unless it rare but you may be to that point. They also sell Dulcolax suppositories or one time use Fleets enemas. Hard to help someone but rest assured I did have the same problems. I suggest you buy some ducusate stool softners and you can use up to 4 a day without harm but drink lots of water!! Stool softners are not laxatives just draw water into the intestine. Now this is probably way more than you wanted

Now that I can have veggies every other day things are ok. I like to have some raw as well as cooked veggies.
Hi there, I use all of the above this past time- and no luck. I nearly had to go to the emergency room! Thank you for explaining about stool softeners, i was afraid they were also a laxative- but one question- they say they are a type of sodium docusate; will these cause water retention like regular salt? thank you so much for the help!
Purrcy'smom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 04:09 PM   #74
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Purrcy'smom
Stats: 216/193.5/158
WOE: Dukan and the CTFLC
Start Date: May 9, 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bejewelme View Post
I always eat a piece of a malitol candy that does the trick!!!!
You know, I do remember that having a wicked effect one me! I might have to * stock up!*
Purrcy'smom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 04:34 PM   #75

I dont think a stool softner will make you retain fluid but make sure you are drinking enough water to begin with, water is so important!!! For one its the only thing that flushes your fat, and especially eating high protein it breaks down the uric acid in your kidneys, so its really important you should drink 1/2 your body weight in ounces of water and I mean plain water not soda, coffee,etc!!!!
Old 07-11-2011, 04:37 PM   #76
Big Yapper!!!!

Purr they will not cause water retention and are not habit forming like laxatives.

I was the same weight today but not stressing. What I am stressing about is the 3 day vacation All my 6 grandkids will be there and like I said life is too short to stress about what I eat!!!

I am planning healthier things though so that is a plus. Triscuits, cheese, nuts and fruits. Might not hurt to much. Only time will tell. I'm here to tell you that at the age of 60; pounds don't just fly off like in your 20's or 30's

I am afraid I will not get back on Dukan's when I return.
Old 07-11-2011, 08:50 PM   #77
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by becksterinindy View Post
Great job Lenise. I am a little excited too so I will join you I am at a new low of 215 but I go up and down and all around so who know what will stick!

I am down 17 pounds since starting on 6/22. It was so hard after losing 10 pounds the first week and then gaining a pound and sitting still for a solid week but I stayed true and finally started moving again
I did the same thing. After the first few weeks, I basically stayed the same (fluctuating up and down) for about three weeks. Now the scale has started moving again! Yahoo!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LivinLoCarb View Post
I think we are going to do 2-3 protein days in a row to get back on track. I'm glad we have 'protein days' as a tool!
And it's a great tool!!!!

Was at 212.4 today, so up a little from yesterday, but still down 1.8 from last Monday. My goal for next week is to be below 210!!! I can't wait!!!
Old 07-12-2011, 06:03 AM   #78
Big Yapper!!!!

Below 210 sounds SO awesome

I am at another new low (214) but about to head out on vacation and I reckon I will not be happy with the scales when I come back. Wish the scale would go on vacation

See you all in a few days. Hang in and hang tuff
Old 07-12-2011, 06:12 AM   #79

Have fun Becky!!!!! Do the best you can and have fun!
Old 07-12-2011, 09:29 AM   #80
Senior LCF Member

A vacation sounds so nice!!! Just do the best you can and you'll do fine!! No excuses!!! We'll be thinking of you while you're gone!

Congrats on the new low Amber! I'm back down to 212.2 this morning. I ate too much yesterday, so I need to watch today and maybe I'll be down to 211.? tomorrow!!!
Old 07-12-2011, 11:55 AM   #81
Senior LCF Member

Did my 2 mile walking dvd!! Felt pretty good! I bought a set of 2-2lb hand weights to use during the dvd. Arms are getting stronger!!!
Old 07-13-2011, 07:19 AM   #82
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: spydermonkey511
really struggling this week. i've been doing this about 6 weeks and I've lost 12 lbs at my lowest weigh in, but today I'm up 2lbs and emotionally want to just have a cheat meal. Which I know won't help anything so I've come here to whine. )
spydermonkey511 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 08:47 AM   #83

Monkey you can whine it is so tough and so disheartening, but usually when we have a cheat meal in that state it leads to more bad eating, so try to tough it out, do whatever you need to do to push through it. If you eat you will feel worse and then be tempted to eat more bad stuff!!!
Old 07-13-2011, 09:06 AM   #84
Senior LCF Member

You can do it spydermonkey!! I think you've been doing great so far!! Don't give up!! It'll start coming off again!!

I haven't been losing much lately, but I know I'm losing inches. I have a pair of shorts that I tried on several weeks ago and they were about 4 inches apart I think. Yesterday, I was able to zip and button them!! They're still a little tight, but I was thrilled. Progress!!
Old 07-13-2011, 09:39 AM   #85
Senior LCF Member

Hang in there, spydermonkey511, we can do this!

The extra protein day (3 Ps in a row on a 1P/1V schedule) is really helping hubby and me catch up from the 3 social events. In the last 2 days, I've seen new lows and dropped 3 pounds. I had been concerned that we would be using the next 10 days to make up for the last 10 days, a very discouraging idea, but the extra protein day has helped me believe again.
Old 07-13-2011, 09:44 AM   #86
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: spydermonkey511
Thanks ladies. I'm trying to keep trucking. Some days are so much harder than others for some reason. I'm going to make beef with green beans and scallions tomorrow night for my veggie day. So if I can just stay strong that should be a "treat". We are SLOWLY remodling and I want to be at my wedding weight when we move in. Cheating won't help that, but man I struggle with it.

Congrats on the inches!!!! That is a great feeling. Thanks again ladies!
spydermonkey511 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 10:08 AM   #87
GME

Gallery: GME
Stats: 250/166/175 Trying again...223/204.6/146 5'7
WOE: JUDDD/LC/Gluten & Dairy Free
Start Date: April 2000 (the first time)
Hi Folks. Mind if I join you here?

I have been in a losing slump. I gained 19 lbs since my low last summer and have been pretty discouraged about it. I love low carb in general and can maintain well with it, but haven't been able to lose in some time. I have reached the point where I have to do something more to shake it up and get the pounds moving.

I did JUDDD and that worked for awhile, then I stalled. I tried HCG, but wasn't able to stick with it for long (I have some sort of mental block on measuring food and limitations). It works for many, but I never found that "not hungry" spot for more than a day or two. I keep coming back to LC and I can maintain and feel good, but no loss.

I have a thyroid problem that is pretty well-managed, but I will just randomly gain 8-10 lbs for no apparent reason. That is where 10 of my 19 came from. The other 9 were from loading and then not following through on HCG (you eat a lot the first two days on the HCG plan) and a string of WTH days when I was just tired of trying.

Monday I had some time to kill while waiting for an appointment so I was wandering around Target and picked up the Dukan book. I decided to give it a go. I was encouraged by the unlimited protein and the allowance of dairy. I stopped by the grocery store and picked up a carton of egg whites (to make it easy) and the oat bran.

Sunday morning I weighed 187. That day I got some kind of stomach bug and Monday was 185.0. Tuesday I woke up at 185.2 and started my first attack day. This morning I was down a pound to 184.2. I know some people have much more dramatic losses, but I was already pretty LC and was down a couple of lbs from being sick. I also didn't use non-fat dairy since I already had some plain Greek yogurt on hand. I'll make the switch as I run out.

I went to the site and it says my true weight is 156-161 (depending on how big my wrists are), but I have been 168 and there was still more than 10 lbs there to lose, so we'll see.

I ate: the pancake for breakfast with a little SF syrup, two chicken burgers for lunch, yogurt with raspberry SF syrup and lunchmeat rolled up with lite Laughing Cow cheese for a snack and plain crumbled hamburger for dinner. I had more yogurt in the evening when the family was eating desert.

I ran 5 miles about 12:00 and felt fine on the pancake (I know he says only walking, but I am training for a marathon and can't NOT run or I will be sorry).

So far today I have eaten the pancake (I actually like it pretty well), and have planned fish for lunch, maybe some more lunchmeat or yogurt for snack and lean steak for dinner.

I think I can do this.

3/24/14- She is Beautiful 10k- I won!, 7/27/14- Wharf to Wharf (6 miles)- I won!
9/14/14- Title 9K- I won! 11/9/14- Surfer's Path 10K- I won!
12/7/14- Jinglebell Rock 5K, 4/12/15- Santa Cruz Half Marathon

*My definition of win: I didn't quit, didn't throw up, and they didn't close the course on me.
GME is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 10:15 AM   #88
Senior LCF Member

Welcome, Gina! Happy to see that your Attack phase is already working for you! Marathons, wow, exercise should be right up your alley!
Old 07-13-2011, 12:04 PM   #89
GME

Gallery: GME
Stats: 250/166/175 Trying again...223/204.6/146 5'7
WOE: JUDDD/LC/Gluten & Dairy Free
Start Date: April 2000 (the first time)
Thanks for the welcome!

I have a question, do you all use protein powder? I have both whey and egg white and the say 0 fat, so it seems OK, but I didn't see in the book one way or the other (I didn't buy it but it is on request from my library). I googled a bit but didn't see anything one way or the other.

I don't use it to make shakes much, but I really like it in cottage cheese. With fruit is great (but a non-no for now), but I also love cottage cheese with a little vanilla PP and cinnamon or chocolate PP with a bit of extra cocoa powder. So far as I can tell, all of those things are OK.

I am feeling pretty good about this plan.
GME is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 12:22 PM   #90
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GME View Post
I have a question, do you all use protein powder?
Personally, no, but I hold open the idea that I might. There are very few portable foods in this diet, and if I find a good recipe for Dukan-friendly protein bars, I may be using protein powder. I hear that Dukan himself says protein powder is okay, but prefers that people eat real food. But we've got to do what suits us if we want this to work long-term.

Last edited by LivinLoCarb; 07-13-2011 at 12:24 PM..