Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Other Plans
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-05-2011, 10:26 AM   #31
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: amazinggrace911
Stats: 190/190/150 -- 5'8"
WOE: Whatever It Takes!!!!!
Start Date: 7/30/2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by becksterinindy View Post
Diet drinks have never been a problem for me but think I will try to lessen the amount and see what happens.
I don't think diet soda usually bothers me as long as I still drink a good bit of water. But I know the past few weeks my water consumption has decreased cause I've been drinking close to a 2-liter of pop every day. That's just way too much!! And then I think back to a time when I lived of of regular pop, sandwiches and chips from 7-11 (had no kitchen at the time) -- and I lost weight!!!!!!! Go figure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inkiri View Post
Morning friends. I am new here and have just started day one of Dukan Attack. I'm glad this forum exists for support and advice. Best of luck to all.
Welcome, and enjoy!! How many days of Attack are you doing??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purrcy'smom View Post
Subscribing! Hey all, I kept the 4th as a PV day- and the day before was the normally scheduled PV day.... but with all the bad stuff to eat at the picnic, I stuffed on veggies.... should I make today a P only day, or keep it the normally scheduled PV day and just sally forth? Thoughts?
I've done it both ways and really didn't notice any difference. What matters is getting back on track! Do whatever you're comfortable with.

Quote:
Hi PJ's mom- welcome babeh. YOu will find that this group is super wonderful, no matter how much or how little you participate- that is what I liked most was the open arms/ open door feel to this group. Love em!
I feel great on this plan, and while the going is slow for me ( since I have had some serious personal problems and have just NOT been exercising) I am still losing. I started at 216 a month and a half a go, and was 204 last Tues ( weigh in tomorrow) but this is the one diet that is FINALLY working! Stick with it, and it does work.... and remind me of this folks when I hit the wall sometimes, LOL!
204 sounds like heaven to me!!! It has been so long since I've been that weight. Way to go!!

Note to myself -- knuckle down and stick to plan!!! The weight will come off!!

Sponsored Links
Old 07-05-2011, 10:29 AM   #32
Senior LCF Member

I've already eaten something this morning that I shouldn't have -- bread and a cookie!! Yikes!! But I'm not going to let that ruin my day. I will stick to plan the rest of the day! Don't even know why I ate it except TOM is here and nothing seems to be going right. But I know it'll get better. A good night's sleep might help!!! lol

Did my 2 mile WATP w/weights this morning. Felt pretty good as I haven't done it in a week.
amazinggrace911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 02:23 PM   #33
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: afuentes
Stats: 188/145/130 - I am 5'6"
WOE: Primal/low carb with weight training
Start Date: honest restart - 11/20/08
I dropped 3lbs in 2 days on the Attack Phase. I have added veggies back in (which includes sweet potatoes too - I know its not on plan but I am tweaking my plan for weight training purposes. ) I hope everyone is doing well! I plan on dropping 6-7 more pounds for my competition!
afuentes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 08:20 PM   #34
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Bejewelme
Stats: 350+/221.4/198 (5'10)
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: restarted 9/27/2010
Good luck Afuentes!!! I am sure you will do it!!!
Bejewelme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 11:58 PM   #35
Senior LCF Member

Okay. I'm going to type this out. I need to be accountable. And I need to get back on track. I have just been eating things I shouldn't be for any low carb plan the past two weeks. Can't seem to get focused. Thankfully I haven't kept any of the weight on that i gained, but I need to refocus what I am doing.

So I am going to do five days of Attack Phase. No excuses. I have plenty of yogurt to help get me through. Will check out my freezer tomorrow to see what all I have. Going to Sams Club so I can pick up some meat there.

I have been rereading the book some tonight. Didn't get as far as I wanted cause my cats all wanted attention, but I feel like I can get back on track and do this!!!
Old 07-06-2011, 04:34 AM   #36
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Inkiri
Stats: 162/158/140
Start Date: 11/10/2014
Thank you for the well-wishes. I am thrilled to report I lost 3.5 lbs. after day one. It would have taken 3 weeks to lose that much on Weight Watchers. I know it's water weight, but it's great to see the scale move in the right direction for a change.

Last edited by Inkiri; 07-06-2011 at 04:36 AM.. Reason: added diet ticker
Inkiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 04:35 AM   #37

Lenise- I started a Labor Day challenge in the century club to get the weight off til Labor Day maybe that would help you keep on track? We are posting weight, exercises, whatever!

I did my run, 16 minutes straight over a mile!!!! I can't believe it, 5 weeks ago I could barely run the 60 seconds at a time! That couch to 5K really works!!!
Old 07-06-2011, 09:18 AM   #38
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: SuzeQ
Stats: 5'2"/75 years old 169/155/135
WOE: Anything that works!
Start Date: June 6, 2011
I lost 4lbs. on Attack recently and then stopped for family issues that needed to be resolved. I am back on Attack this week and then I will stay on it providing I am losing. I actually didn't have a problem eating just meat, eggs, and the yogurt/bran combo. At the end of the week I sort of couldn't stand any more meat, but as long as it is working I can do it. I like that you aren't in ketosis and can have a planned cheat occasionally. I am a super slow loser so anything short of starvation is a godsend for me.

Stay tuned!
Old 07-06-2011, 09:21 AM   #39
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Purrcy'smom
Stats: 216/193.5/158
WOE: Dukan and the CTFLC
Start Date: May 9, 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by amazinggrace911 View Post
I've already eaten something this morning that I shouldn't have -- bread and a cookie!! Yikes!! But I'm not going to let that ruin my day. I will stick to plan the rest of the day! Don't even know why I ate it except TOM is here and nothing seems to be going right. But I know it'll get better. A good night's sleep might help!!! lol

Did my 2 mile WATP w/weights this morning. Felt pretty good as I haven't done it in a week.

Try those wicked great muffins the choco pumpkin ones that Lenise turned us onto- so easy to ignore bread and cookies with those around!
Purrcy'smom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 09:27 AM   #40
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: becksterinindy
I am so discouraged but hanging in here. Have completed 2 weeks without one cheat and still not at my all time low in the process Almost there but still doesn't satisfy me at all. Not really anything I can do except keep on keeping on. I do have a 3 day mini vacation with family next week. Not sure what I will eat but if I want a s'more I shall have one Life is way too short to not enjoy family!

Best wishes to all and congrats to the losers
becksterinindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 09:35 AM   #41
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by amazinggrace911 View Post
Okay. I'm going to type this out. I need to be accountable. And I need to get back on track. I have just been eating things I shouldn't be for any low carb plan the past two weeks. Can't seem to get focused. Thankfully I haven't kept any of the weight on that i gained, but I need to refocus what I am doing.

So I am going to do five days of Attack Phase. No excuses. I have plenty of yogurt to help get me through. Will check out my freezer tomorrow to see what all I have. Going to Sams Club so I can pick up some meat there.

I have been rereading the book some tonight. Didn't get as far as I wanted cause my cats all wanted attention, but I feel like I can get back on track and do this!!!
You KNOW you can- if I can, you can- believe me. I was amazed after stuffing myself on sausage and peppers and burgers at the picnic ( no cake!) that I was down 2.5 lbs today@! This is such a boost to my morale, that I can't tell you. I ordered the low carb cookbooks by Dana Carpender, and have been loving the muffins that Lenise mentioned.. the dukan it out site has to many great recipes, I am excited! Please visit there, get excited again, and lets hold virtual hands as we get thin and fit together!
Old 07-06-2011, 10:30 AM   #42

Becky you might be surprised I used DUkan as a shake up, went back to Atkins and lost weight, I am back to my low, after the smore incident, LOL I agree sometimes life is worth living, you jsut have to accept it and then get back on the wagon! Lenise you can do it!!!!
I do think it is a good program, now I am debating alternating a week of Duran attack followed by a week of atkins, sort of like no fat, high fat to keep messing me up!
Old 07-06-2011, 03:12 PM   #43
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: LivinLoCarb
WOE: Dukan
Start Date: May 10, 2011
I saw on another forum that there is now Dukan coaching available on the USA Dukan site. Anyone planning to sign up?
LivinLoCarb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 07:17 AM   #44
Big Yapper!!!!

Finally back down to my all time low but it is has taken a week to get back down Just hoping I have made some progress that will keep going but that is doubtful with a mini vacation next week

Have a great day everyone
Old 07-07-2011, 09:36 AM   #45
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: LivinLoCarb
WOE: Dukan
Start Date: May 10, 2011
Quote:
Finally back down to my all time low but it is has taken a week to get back down...
Yeah, summer and holidays are a challenge. But you've successfully stayed near your low! That is success in my book.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LivinLoCarb View Post
I saw on another forum that there is now Dukan coaching available on the USA Dukan site. Anyone planning to sign up?
Yikes. Just saw a long thread on the other forum about people seriously dissatisfied with the Dukan coaching, saying it's too expensive, not personalized, can't get answers, can't get money back, etc.
LivinLoCarb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 09:49 AM   #46
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bejewelme View Post
Lenise- I started a Labor Day challenge in the century club to get the weight off til Labor Day maybe that would help you keep on track? We are posting weight, exercises, whatever!
I'll check it out later!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuzeQ View Post
I lost 4lbs. on Attack recently and then stopped for family issues that needed to be resolved. I am back on Attack this week and then I will stay on it providing I am losing. I actually didn't have a problem eating just meat, eggs, and the yogurt/bran combo. At the end of the week I sort of couldn't stand any more meat, but as long as it is working I can do it. I like that you aren't in ketosis and can have a planned cheat occasionally. I am a super slow loser so anything short of starvation is a godsend for me.
I'm doing attack to. Or at least trying. I might just do pp all day and then have a serving of veggies with dinner. We got our first zucchini out of the garden yesterday and I just couldn't resist last night! But I was still down to a new low this morning of 213.6! 209 here I come!!!

Quote:
I am so discouraged but hanging in here. Have completed 2 weeks without one cheat and still not at my all time low in the process Almost there but still doesn't satisfy me at all. Not really anything I can do except keep on keeping on. I do have a 3 day mini vacation with family next week. Not sure what I will eat but if I want a s'more I shall have one Life is way too short to not enjoy family!
You can do this Becky!!! I was reading something in the book about upping your water and exercise amount to see if it helps you lose more. Or if you can do it without losing control add some higher carbs in for one meal to shake up your body. I have trouble doing that cause I tend to just start adding them in everywhere. lol. Someone else might have some other ideas.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bejewelme View Post
I do think it is a good program, now I am debating alternating a week of Duran attack followed by a week of atkins, sort of like no fat, high fat to keep messing me up!
There are some meals I do more of an Atkins meal than a Dukan meal. Just adding in a little cheese and oil. So far I still lose with it. It's when I've added other sugary items in that I've gained the weight.

What I have been doing that was working before -- why did I stop then??? -- is my yogurt mix for breakfast, protein for lunch and for dinner protein and veggies and I use a bit of cheese and regular salad dressing. If I'm truly hungry at any other time during the day -- not just wanting to eat for no reason -- then I'll either eat some yogurt or meat. Guess I just laid out my plan there for myself of what I need to do!

Quote:
Not me. Can't afford any coaching, and I've read some stuff on other sites of people who weren't very happy with the coaching bit. Of course, I'm sure it doesn't suit everyone, but depending on how it works it could be great accountability!

Quote:
Finally back down to my all time low but it is has taken a week to get back down Just hoping I have made some progress that will keep going but that is doubtful with a mini vacation next week
If you know you're going to cheat, just make sure to watch your calories. Don't use it as an excuse to overeat the whole day, which is what I've tended to do. You can do it!!!

Have a great day ladies!!!
Old 07-07-2011, 01:25 PM   #47
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Yeah, summer and holidays are a challenge. But you've successfully stayed near your low! That is success in my book.

Yikes. Just saw a long thread on the other forum about people seriously dissatisfied with the Dukan coaching, saying it's too expensive, not personalized, can't get answers, can't get money back, etc.
Thanks for that info LivinLo, life is hard enough without spending money to NOT get support!
Old 07-07-2011, 01:37 PM   #48
Senior LCF Member

Hi there, anyone else having serious problems in the bathroom arena? I am having serious issues- or should I say, NONE at all and I get really ill feeling... I know that Konsyl is supposed to help-not really helping me- anyone have any other ideas? Sorry for the icky question...
Old 07-07-2011, 03:01 PM   #49
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Hi there, anyone else having serious problems in the bathroom arena? I am having serious issues- or should I say, NONE at all and I get really ill feeling... I know that Konsyl is supposed to help-not really helping me- anyone have any other ideas? Sorry for the icky question...
Wish I could help. But I haven't really had any trouble.
Old 07-07-2011, 06:18 PM   #50
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
I sure had major problems during attack but kept drinking lots of water and taking a stool softner once or twice a day. I am a nurse and do not endorse the use of laxatives unless it rare but you may be to that point. They also sell Dulcolax suppositories or one time use Fleets enemas. Hard to help someone but rest assured I did have the same problems. I suggest you buy some ducusate stool softners and you can use up to 4 a day without harm but drink lots of water!! Stool softners are not laxatives just draw water into the intestine. Now this is probably way more than you wanted

Now that I can have veggies every other day things are ok. I like to have some raw as well as cooked veggies.
Old 07-07-2011, 06:23 PM   #51

I always eat a piece of a malitol candy that does the trick!!!!
Old 07-08-2011, 06:36 AM   #52
Big Yapper!!!!

Amber that is much simpler and yummier

Finally down to new low by a half a pound. 216.5. Wanted to be close to 200 before Vegas but that is only 50 days away so will just have to do my best and it will be better than nothing.

Have a good day all.
Old 07-08-2011, 06:51 AM   #53

Becky you are getting close and exactly right you are going to be thinner htan if you had done nothing!!! Where you staying out there? I am so excited, I have to save all my vacation for our wedding and honeymoon since my arm surgery chewed up one week, so now nothing all summer, ughghg, I am going to be living it up out there!!!!
Old 07-08-2011, 12:53 PM   #54
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Inkiri
Stats: 162/158/140
Start Date: 11/10/2014
I'm on day four of attack and I'm staying on until Saturday, making it a five day attack. I am down SEVEN pounds. That can't possibly be all water, could it? Today I'm wearing a pair of pants that didn't fit a week ago. They're tight, but I was able to zip them for a change!
I appreciate all the support we give each other on these boards. I don't post much, but I read a lot of the threads. People are so friendly here. Have a wonderful weekend, Dukan friends!

Last edited by Inkiri; 07-08-2011 at 12:54 PM.. Reason: added ticker
Inkiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 01:09 PM   #55

WOW that is a super loss hun!!! Keep up the good work!
Old 07-08-2011, 01:49 PM   #56
Big Yapper!!!!

WTG Ink How much do you want to lose total? I want to lose 100 but will settle for 75. I'm old and tired

Amber we're staying at Harrah's. It is where we stay a lot of time b/c we get good comps from CET. Staying 8 nights for a total of $160 and that is even more than usual but includes the Labor Day weekend. We are doubled booked for 2 comped nights at Mandalay Bay also. We have never stayed there and I want to go to the awesome pool complex but the BFF I go with is a size 6 I think I will get up the nerve to go. Life is too short to deny myself We are also double booked downtown one night at the California and have food credit too. We love a few of their eating places. Donny and Marie cancelled our weekend show Where are you guys staying? Or aren't you staying on the strip? I have heard great things from those who have stayed at the Cosmo. Ok I need to stop. Like I said I eat, sleep and breathe Vegas
Old 07-08-2011, 02:39 PM   #57

We always stay at the Bellagio in January we stayed at the Aria, really nice! I like the Cosmo!!! Mandalay bay is really nice I wanted to stay there but for having people come for the weekend they were charging over $300 for the weekend nights, I couldnt do that, so we booked rooms at the Tuscany, 1 block off the Strip really nice, $50- SUN-Thurs and $85 for the Fri and Sat, a big suite so I didnt feel so bad for the guests. My ex and I stayed there for a conference and it was nice. I always like the Rio suites too and their Buffet!!! OMG!! I love sushi and there is a chain Todai or something in the old Aladin, I am eating sushi there for sure! LOL

I love Vegas, I lived in San Diego from 1990-1996 when Vegas was still old Vegas OMG we were there like at least once a month! I loved the old Vegas in some ways more!
Old 07-08-2011, 07:32 PM   #58
Senior LCF Member

Hey there everyone! This is my first time on the computer today! It has been a busy day. Spent the afternoon cooking. DH wanted chocolate chip cookies (yes, I did had two) and then I did a stew for dinner (no potatoes!!) along with faux rice, salad and cherry cobbler for everyone else for dessert.

Tired tonight and plan on relaxing and hopefully going to bed early! Though I have a feeling my daughter will want to go to Walmart after she gets home from the skating rink. Teenagers!!
Old 07-08-2011, 07:40 PM   #59

Lenise I am tired too bed sounds good, tried Zumba tonight it was painfully embarrassing wont be doing that,I bailed and worked my arms and abs instead, LOL
Old 07-08-2011, 07:43 PM   #60
Senior LCF Member

I don't know how you do all that exercising anyway!! I didn't even do my dvd today. Just didn't have time today.

Nighty night!