Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Other Plans
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-29-2011, 07:41 AM   #331
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: becksterinindy
Well the scale is down another pound. 207 (started Dukan on June 22 at 227). Wish I had started it when I was just a lurker here

spyder I am not sure about your crankiness. Maybe you are feeling deprived? I think I have been in a way better mood since I have been losing. I would say more than likely it is life getting in the way rather than any diet.

Phaedra what do you eat the s/f jelly on? Oh maybe the pancake? I have never made it. I LIVE to go to VEGAS baby!!!!!! My favoirte place in the world!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Oh and did I mention I LOVE Vegas?

LivinLo I bought a multi vitamin when I started this and maybe that is helping me as well.

Purr I think the spray and the s/f syrup on your pancake is just fine IMO. Once in awhile I use the ICBIB spray. I wouldn't think a few lettuce leaves would matter on P days either. I think Dreamsfield's is pushing it though. Have you tried zucchini strips in place of the pasta on PV days?

Cathy I love roasted veggies. Cauli is esp. good.

Sponsored Links
Old 07-29-2011, 07:57 AM   #332
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: spydermonkey511
Quote:
Originally Posted by becksterinindy View Post
Well the scale is down another pound. 207 (started Dukan on June 22 at 227). Wish I had started it when I was just a lurker here

spyder I am not sure about your crankiness. Maybe you are feeling deprived? I think I have been in a way better mood since I have been losing. I would say more than likely it is life getting in the way rather than any diet.

Phaedra what do you eat the s/f jelly on? Oh maybe the pancake? I have never made it. I LIVE to go to VEGAS baby!!!!!! My favoirte place in the world!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Oh and did I mention I LOVE Vegas?

LivinLo I bought a multi vitamin when I started this and maybe that is helping me as well.

Purr I think the spray and the s/f syrup on your pancake is just fine IMO. Once in awhile I use the ICBIB spray. I wouldn't think a few lettuce leaves would matter on P days either. I think Dreamsfield's is pushing it though. Have you tried zucchini strips in place of the pasta on PV days?

Great weight loss!
spydermonkey511 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 08:04 AM   #333
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Purrcy'smom
Stats: 216/193.5/158
WOE: Dukan and the CTFLC
Start Date: May 9, 2011
Quote:

Purr I think the spray and the s/f syrup on your pancake is just fine IMO. Once in awhile I use the I wouldn't think a few lettuce leaves would matter on P days either. I think Dreamsfield's is pushing it though. Have you tried zucchini strips in place of the pasta on PV days?

Hi Beckster, glad your scale is moving! That is the spray I use, that or Olivio....
Can you tell me more about the zucchini strips? I have tried the shirataki, it is great in some recipes, not so great in others..... but I love Zucchini...
Purrcy'smom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 08:30 AM   #334
Big Yapper!!!!

Purr I haven't made any zucchini noodles in a long time. I have a gadget that sliced them and also one that cut them in strips. I sauteed them and then dried them well and reheated and added the sauce. Remember Dukan is low fat though so watch what you putting on them. My favorite pasta sub has got to be Spaghetti Squash though for sure!! I found a thread where they talk about them for you. They named them "zoodles".

http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/lo...r-zoodles.html
becksterinindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 08:43 AM   #335
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Purr I haven't made any zucchini noodles in a long time. I have a gadget that sliced them and also one that cut them in strips. I sauteed them and then dried them well and reheated and added the sauce. Remember Dukan is low fat though so watch what you putting on them. My favorite pasta sub has got to be Spaghetti Squash though for sure!! I found a thread where they talk about them for you. They named them "zoodles".

That sounds great!

last night I did beef with greenbeans, mushrooms, and the tofu noodles. Wish today was a veggie day.
Old 07-29-2011, 08:49 AM   #336
Big Yapper!!!!

spyder I hear ya!!! Sometimes I get so sick of protein days. I will have double days soon too b/c I do veggies on even days and will have to suffer through the 31st and 1st bfore I get to an even day I love sauteed onions and fresh mushrooms. Love green beans too (even canned). So little calories for the whole can!!
Old 07-29-2011, 08:52 AM   #337
Senior LCF Member

I mix a little oyster sauce and light soy sauce with water, water garlic, ginger, and corn starch with my veggies.
Old 07-29-2011, 10:02 AM   #338
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: AnnFlan
Hello Dukanners!

I started Dukan at the beginning of March but switched to Atkins in May. I now need to shift 3 lbs (yes I know, not a lot but mega frustrating!) and was wondering whether or not anyone on this thread has ever gone from Atkins (ie high protein/high fat/low carb) to Dukan (high protein/low fat/medium carb (through dairy products)). I thought I may give it a go to see if it will kick start my metabolism. I keep on putting on a couple of pounds, then losing the same couple, but never getting to my goal weight!

Any comments would be greatly appreciated.

Ann (in sunny Devon, the UK)
AnnFlan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 10:06 AM   #339
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by spydermonkey511 View Post
That sounds great!

last night I did beef with greenbeans, mushrooms, and the tofu noodles. Wish today was a veggie day.
Veggie days are so much easier than PP days for sure!
Old 07-29-2011, 10:06 AM   #340
Senior LCF Member

Quote:

Thanks Beckster!
Old 07-29-2011, 10:43 AM   #341
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: LivinLoCarb
WOE: Dukan
Start Date: May 10, 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnFlan View Post
Hello Dukanners!

I started Dukan at the beginning of March but switched to Atkins in May. I now need to shift 3 lbs (yes I know, not a lot but mega frustrating!) and was wondering whether or not anyone on this thread has ever gone from Atkins (ie high protein/high fat/low carb) to Dukan (high protein/low fat/medium carb (through dairy products)). I thought I may give it a go to see if it will kick start my metabolism. I keep on putting on a couple of pounds, then losing the same couple, but never getting to my goal weight!

Any comments would be greatly appreciated.

Ann (in sunny Devon, the UK)
Hi Ann, yes I think MOST of us have been on Atkins at one time or another. And I think at least one of us is on Atkins, but using Dukan from time to time. Can we help?
LivinLoCarb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 11:41 AM   #342
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: cloaz
Stats: 218/176.5/150
Start Date: July 10
Wow, not happy with myself - knew I was having too much dairy! Yesterday down 2.5 & today back up 2. I will watch that from here on out!

Also, does having too much red meat do anything? I know I had a couple of the 93/7 hamburgers the last few days, & a few of the low fat Kosher hot dogs. Is that too much? Maybe the hotdogs have too much sodium?
cloaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 11:54 AM   #343
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cloaz View Post
Wow, not happy with myself - knew I was having too much dairy! Yesterday down 2.5 & today back up 2. I will watch that from here on out!

Also, does having too much red meat do anything? I know I had a couple of the 93/7 hamburgers the last few days, & a few of the low fat Kosher hot dogs. Is that too much? Maybe the hotdogs have too much sodium?
Wow, Cloaz, it looks like you're doing everything right. Assuming fat free dairy, everything you mentioned is on the safe, unlimited list. You're still on attack, right? Could this be TOM? or a bathroom issue? Did you increase your exercise by time or intensity (stressed muscles will hold water for a day or two)? Did you eat something that may have had unexpected levels of carbs or fat in it (like a regular balsamic vinaigrette)?

Last edited by LivinLoCarb; 07-29-2011 at 12:20 PM..
Old 07-29-2011, 12:08 PM   #344
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Phaedra
Stats: 248/171/160
WOE: WW
Start Date: January 2005
Dear Ann of Devon,
As Livin Lo Carb said most of us have been there,done that.As in Atkin, South Beach and may other diets.This is the 1st food plan that gave me hope that Dieting could come to an end.Get all the info you can(Google: Dakan diet) and make an informed choice.I started this past Monday on the Attack Phase and I'm down 4 lbs in 4 days.Sure beats the yo-yo wt lose of had this last year.Hope this helps.This group welcomes you with open arms so come back and visit.

Dogs have owners.Cats have staff.

Nothing tastes as good as being thin feels.
Phaedra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 12:18 PM   #345
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LivinLoCarb View Post
Wow, Cloaz, it looks like you're doing everything right. Assuming fat free dairy, everything you mentioned is on the safe, unlimited list. You're still on attack, right? Could this be TOM? or a bathroom issue?
you really made me laugh (does that burn calories?)!!! I haven't had my TOM since I was 36 - now I am 53 (surgery because of fibroids) & my ovaries were removed 10 yrs later.

could partially be a bathroom issue - I have added 1 T of wheat bran so hopefully that will help.

DD did say that it could also be water retention due to the hot dogs, so those are gone for now! Will also try to watch the dairy a bit more - will chew more sf gum instead!
Old 07-29-2011, 12:22 PM   #346
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cloaz View Post
you really made me laugh (does that burn calories?)!!! I haven't had my TOM since I was 36 - now I am 53 (surgery because of fibroids) & my ovaries were removed 10 yrs later.

could partially be a bathroom issue - I have added 1 T of wheat bran so hopefully that will help.

DD did say that it could also be water retention due to the hot dogs, so those are gone for now! Will also try to watch the dairy a bit more - will chew more sf gum instead!
I edited my post above to add, "Did you increase your exercise by time or intensity (stressed muscles will hold water for a day or two)? Did you eat something that may have had unexpected levels of carbs or fat in it (like a regular balsamic vinaigrette)?"
Old 07-29-2011, 12:29 PM   #347
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LivinLoCarb View Post
I edited my post above to add, "Did you increase your exercise by time or intensity (stressed muscles will hold water for a day or two)? Did you eat something that may have had unexpected levels of carbs or fat in it (like a regular balsamic vinaigrette)?"
I did increase the exercise - walking 1 hr on treadmill - think I'll keep doing that & see what happens.
Old 07-29-2011, 04:05 PM   #348
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Bejewelme
Stats: 350+/221.4/198 (5'10)
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: restarted 9/27/2010
Ann- yep been there done that!!!!!

I lost 7 pounds in 7 days on attack then eased in and out!!!

I can tell you this, low carb high fat works, ie Atkins

Dukan- low fat, med carb works

It is a matter of what you like best, I work out a lot so have been following Burn the Fat Feed the Muscle, lots of lean protein so elements of Dukan still there.

Did this confuse you more? LOL

Amber
Bejewelme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 04:18 PM   #349
Senior LCF Member

Huge question: which is darker in color, oat bran or wheat bran

I think I might have mixed them up. I buy them for the bulk containers so no packaging!:blush:
Old 07-29-2011, 06:42 PM   #350
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purrcy'smom View Post
Hi there, can you tell us more about the popcorn cauliflower?
Anyone know if lettuce is no good for PP days - at all?
so hard to just eat your hunk of protein and nothing else..
Lenise: hoping things pick up round your place soon!
gonna make the Cauliflower Popcorn tonight - I'll let you know how it is!
Old 07-29-2011, 07:01 PM   #351

Oat bran is lighter in color than wheat bran, at least mine is!!! LOL
Old 07-29-2011, 07:15 PM   #352
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bejewelme View Post
Oat bran is lighter in color than wheat bran, at least mine is!!! LOL
Thanks - I was using the wheat bran instead of oat bran. I'll switch them around & see if that helps
Old 07-29-2011, 07:15 PM   #353
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: amazinggrace911
Stats: 190/190/150 -- 5'8"
WOE: Whatever It Takes!!!!!
Start Date: 7/30/2014
Just a quick note hello! I was at 210 this morning! Maybe I'll break through to the 200's by Monday!!

It's going to be another hot one tomorrow. Had some storms tonight and when we got out to Grandma's there was no power. So we kind of improvised on dinner since we couldn't cook. Turned out okay. Just relaxing now!!

Night night!!
amazinggrace911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 07:46 PM   #354
Senior LCF Member

This was actually quite good, although next time I'll add paprika or garlic:

Cauliflower Popcorm
1 head cauliflower
1 T oil (tolerated)
salt (opt)
1 T nutritional yeast (more if desired)

NOTE: Other seasonings - smoked paprika, Italian seasoning, taco seasoning, garlic, onion, etc

Preheat oven 425. Chop cauliflower into small popcorn-sized pieces. Spread onto baking sheet - toss with oil and salt. Roast at 425 for 20 mins or less. Remove from oven and toss completely with nutritional yeast.
Old 07-30-2011, 08:20 AM   #355
Big Yapper!!!!

Weight up 0.5 pounds.

Lenise so good to see you Back to 210 again!! Good for you!
Old 07-30-2011, 03:04 PM   #356
Senior LCF Member

I'm up today as well, not sure how much. I think it was the cauliflower popcorn - that one is a no because of the oil. Oh well!!!
Old 07-30-2011, 03:41 PM   #357
Senior LCF Member

Wt stayed steady today. But fear it will go up tomorrow as I ate a donut!!! Why? i don't know i just did.Chalk it up and move forward.
Old 07-31-2011, 04:58 AM   #358
Senior LCF Member

Had a bad meal yesterday. Should I jsut continue with my PP day or do several PP days?
Old 07-31-2011, 05:18 AM   #359

I got my eating under control again with the not smoking, doing mainly low carb, if I cant smoke I want fat!!!! I gained 6 pounds in 3 days, LOL Oh well if I can get done smoking it will be worth it! Digging out a water pill today I didnt eat that many calories it was carb bloat, so maybe if I pee all day!!!

Carry on girls, Monday back to gym the 5 day break I needed my leg is healing, but still have the stitches so have to be careful!!!
Old 07-31-2011, 06:15 AM   #360
Senior LCF Member

Well the diet gods did not punish me for thr donut! wt same at 179.

Spyder:Just do it. you know whats best for you.Listen to that small still voice and rejoice!

Amber: did not know you hurt you leg.Glad its doing well. You be carefull.And keep on keepin' on.How are you stopping smoking? thats a problem in my house too.

Makeing the crock pot chicken thighs w/low fat dressing today.Full report later on taste and likebility.

Blessings and hugs to all.