Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Other Plans
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-01-2011, 07:17 AM   #1
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: amazinggrace911
Stats: 190/190/150 -- 5'8"
WOE: Whatever It Takes!!!!!
Start Date: 7/30/2014
Dukan Diet - Joyful June!!!

Starting a new thread for the month. Good idea Jodi! Thought about it the other day, but forgot today was the start of the new month.
amazinggrace911 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 06-01-2011, 07:21 AM   #2
Senior LCF Member

DUKAN EATING PLAN FYI
Old 06-01-2011, 07:22 AM   #3
Senior LCF Member

Down another .4 pounds today!! I can't wait to be below 220 again! And then below 210!! and then finally below 200!!!!!!

Let's go!!!
Old 06-01-2011, 07:31 AM   #4
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: JKat
Start Date: December 2003
thanks for starting the thread lenise... and congrats on the loss!!!!!!
JKat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 07:32 AM   #5
Senior LCF Member

Jodi, weight always fluctuates depending on the amount of fluids and how hot and all sorts of things. But I know he does say in the book about you can gain weight when you add the veggies back in. I have to watch that I don't get disappointed by the scale. I have to remember it's just a tool, it's just a tool, it's just a tool. It doesn't tell the whole story!

Way to go spydermonkey!!! Feels good, doesn't it!! I'm thrilled even though my loss was only .4 pounds!! lol It's nice to see the scale go in the opposite direction that it has been.

Hope you're having a good day dollkey!!! I hope everyone is! Stick to plan!!

Have a fantastic day! I'm going to be doing some running around today so I won't be back on till tonight.
Old 06-01-2011, 07:32 AM   #6
Senior LCF Member

Thanks Jodi!!!
Old 06-01-2011, 07:35 AM   #7
Major LCF Poster!

I do not mind the small flucuations. For me I need to weight everyday. Its just something I have always done...Bathroom and scale in my birthday suit. I like to see what I eat and how it effects me. He mentions in the book about the flucuations so I was expecting it.
Old 06-01-2011, 07:37 AM   #8
Senior LCF Member

Me too. I have to weigh every day or I get easily sidetracked. I know I was surprised yesterday (after my PV day) that I had lost a bit. I was hoping for at least a maintain, but will take the loss no matter what day it is! lol
Old 06-01-2011, 07:38 AM   #9
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: dollkey
Stats: restart 06-11/150.2/150.2/108 ht 4'11"
WOE: Dukan Attack Phase
Start Date: 06/13/11
Parking my big behind
dollkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 07:43 AM   #10
Major LCF Poster!

Lenise thats a great link...Thanks for sharing it. Its the whole plan!
Old 06-01-2011, 08:50 AM   #11
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: spydermonkey511
Lenise- congrats on the loss. Every little bit adds up!
spydermonkey511 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 09:19 AM   #12
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: LindaCat
Stats: +20/-15.6/goal
WOE: Dukan Diet
Start Date: 5/8/11
Marking my spot. Having Chicken with Salsa for lunch....Yum!
LindaCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 02:49 PM   #13
Senior LCF Member

This is day two for me and I have been drinking constantly, but still feel very dehydrated and weak. Is this pretty normal?
Old 06-01-2011, 05:03 PM   #14
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: itsmeshelly01
Stats: 260/150/162
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: eating lowcarb since 2005
Good evening everyone. Sounds like everyone is doing great. I actually weighed today. The last time I weighed I was 142 and I know I was a cpl lbs higher than that over the weekend. I weighed this morning and was 141.6...woohoo. I am feeling lighter and way less bloated. I am excited to start weighing again. I hate being afraid of the scale. I will be really glad to add in some veggies this weekend. I am missing my salad big time.

I love that link lenise but it doesn't say anything about the oat bran. Did I just miss it somewhere? Do we not have to use it? It would save some carbs but I made the galette last night and it was realy good so i ll keep it in.

I ended up having some ground beef for dinner with a little chicken breast and egg whites, cilantro and jalaenos all mixed together so my cals were a little higher today but still low. I feel good though and am still jogging in the morning. The only thing is I'm feeling a little tired during the day but I know that's pretty normal with my carbs being lowand protein so high. Hopefully ketosis will hit very soon.

I'm glad everyone is doing so well. Have a good evening.
itsmeshelly01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 05:15 PM   #15
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by spydermonkey511 View Post
This is day two for me and I have been drinking constantly, but still feel very dehydrated and weak. Is this pretty normal?

Yes its really normal to feel this way.

WTG Shelly
Old 06-01-2011, 05:37 PM   #16
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsmeshelly01 View Post
I love that link lenise but it doesn't say anything about the oat bran. Did I just miss it somewhere? Do we not have to use it? It would save some carbs but I made the galette last night and it was realy good so i ll keep it in.
I didn't read the post completely, and I guess I should have. I couldn't find anything on oat bran, and it stated that Dr. Dukan recommends five days at a time. Nothing about 1/1 that I saw. I know we have a post somewhere that has the correct information. I'll see if I can find it and repost on this thread. Then each month we can post it at the beginning of the thread.

I hate to report that i went off plan today. We went to a restaurant that I haven't been to in about ten years!! I had fajitas and ate three tortillas. My calories for the day are between 1700-1800. A little high, but it could be worse!!! I'm not worried about it. Even if I'm up a bit tomorrow, it will come off. I probably won't go back to that restaurant for another ten years so I splurged. lol

Just relaxing tonight. I was on my feet too much today and my legs are really swollen. I have some nerve damage in my feet and lower legs and they tend to swell a bit if I don't put them up off and on during the day.

Have a nice evening!!
Old 06-01-2011, 06:30 PM   #17
Senior LCF Member

Dukan Diet Rules

ATTACK Phase

You can eat as much as you want as long as it is on the allowed foods list.

One important habit that you need to establish from day one is proper water intake. Avoiding dehydration and overworking your kidneys is crucial on a high protein diet like this. Be sure to drink over 1.5 litres per day.

Oat bran is a very important ingredient of the Dukan Diet and introduced as soon as the Attack Phase. You should incorporate 1.5 tablespoons of oat bran per day in any form you like - as porridge, with yoghurt, in muffins of pancakes.

One food unrelated rule is to introduce exercise in the form of a 20 minute walk each day. Many dieters will be happy to hear that at the same time more extensive exercise is discouraged in this phase.

If after first 5 days you are not seeing any further weight loss proceed to the Cruise Phase even if you planned your attack for longer.

Allowed Foods

Lean beef, veal or rabbit (mince under 10%, avoid ribs)
Chicken and turkey (except skin and outside part of the wings)
Ham (low fat and lean)
Beef, veal, or chicken liver
Any fish (except canned in oil or sauce)
Shellfish and crustaceans
Eggs (up to two per day, unlimited egg whites but watch the yolks if you have high cholesterol)
Dairy products (low fat, below 5% fat)
Sweeteners (except fructose based), vinegar, mustard, spices, herbs, garlic, onion (as spice), lemon juice (only as spice, not for drinking), sugar free natural ketchup (in moderation), sugar free chewing gum

CRUISE PHASE

Once you finished the Attack Phase the next goal is to achieve your target weight. This is done while on the Cruise Phase – an alternating rhythm of pure protein days and vegetable & protein days.

A healthy weight loss is about two pounds per week. It can seem slow after a successful attack phase, however this speed is better for long term results – for example your skin has time to shrink not leaving empty flabs behind.

Cruise Phase Rhythms

5PP + 5PV -- The original rhythm alternating every five days. However as five days is a long time it is considered to be tougher to follow and requires higher motivation.
1PP + 1PV -- Dr. Dukan now prefers the one day rhythm, as it often has similar effects to the 5/5 one, while it is easier on the dieter.
2PP + 5PV -- This rhythm is better for people who are older, and/or weaker and don’t have many pounds to lose. The weight loss will be slower using this method though than the other two above.

Vegetable and Protein days. Allowed vegetables include:

Artichoke
Asparagus
Aubergine
Broccoli
Cabbage, Cauliflower, Brussel sprouts
Celery
Chicory
Courgette
Cucumber
Fennel
French beans
Leeks
Mushrooms
Onion
Peppers
Pumpkin
Radish
Salad leaves
Sorrel
Soya beans
Spinach
Swede
Swiss chard
Tomatoes
Turnip
Allowed in moderation are carrots and beetroot.

Cruise Phase Diet Rules

You can now increase the oat bran intake to 2 tablespoons per day.

Another suggested change is increasing from 20 minutes of exercise to 30 minutes of brisk walking per day.

Just because you are allowed vegetables do not eliminate protein produce from a PV day. After all it is called Protein & Vegetables not Pure Vegetables for a reason.

-------------------------------

Those are the rules for the first two phases. I don't think anyone here is nearing the consolidation phase, so I won't add those rules yet.
Old 06-01-2011, 07:05 PM   #18
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: itsmeshelly01
Stats: 260/150/162
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: eating lowcarb since 2005
That's awesome lenise, you are so good. How many of you are doing more than the recommended 20 min of walking? I'm wondering if I shouldn't just walk for now, at least while I'm on attack. Mainly because I seem to be getting really tired throughout the day. I'm usually not like that but I know cutting the carbs, cals and upping the protein van cause it. I may just try a nice long walk in the morning outside instead of my normal jog and see how I feel. Night ladies.
itsmeshelly01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 07:12 PM   #19
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: nitenurse
Stats: 290-/(240-233)/160
WOE: Atkins/CAD
Start Date: 1972
Bumping in-doing ok, cruising along.
nitenurse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 07:15 PM   #20
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: LindaCat
Stats: +20/-15.6/goal
WOE: Dukan Diet
Start Date: 5/8/11
I'm being really crappy about the exercise. I do a 1 hr spin class on Monday and a 1 hour body works class on Thursday....thats it. Well I walk my dog twice a day, does that count?
LindaCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 07:25 PM   #21
Senior LCF Member

I haven't been doing the exercising every day. I did do my 2 miles WATP w/weights dvd yesterday, but today I didn't manage anything. My lower legs and ankles are swollen today so I didn't do any exercising. Hopefully tomorrow!!
Old 06-01-2011, 07:26 PM   #22
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitenurse View Post
Bumping in-doing ok, cruising along.
I like that!!
Old 06-01-2011, 08:09 PM   #23
Senior LCF Member

Going to get my new cookbook out and look at it for a bit and then it's beddy-by time! Night!!
Old 06-01-2011, 10:33 PM   #24
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: SoCalMT
Stats: 201/162/135
WOE: JUDDD/Dukan
Hello, everyone! Great idea on the new thread!

I'm still not losing . . . just "playing" with the same 2 pounds, but I can stick it out.

For some reason, I still don't have my Cruise phase pattern figured out yet. I'm having more PP days than PV days. I start a day thinking I will make it a PV day, and before I realize it I haven't added any veggies, and the day is a PP! I know we need our veggies, but since the PP days are so easy, I'm having a hard time with this.

I may just end up doing a 5/5, although I'd really like to do a 2/5, which Dr. D calls a 2/7, but that doesn't make sense, since it's 2 days of PP and 5 of PV. I think that would be more simple. I hate having to think about which day is which. Does anyone else feel like that?

Janet
SoCalMT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 02:27 AM   #25
Major LCF Poster!

Exercise....I go to kettlebell 3days a week. Its a great almost one on one.

This is part of the plan that I am not sure I agree with. I think its really important as we get older to add in some sort of strength training. I mean anything that challenges your body a little. Walking is good but in conjuction with strength.

Shelly...I think during the attack phase you need to listen to your body. That said we also need to challenge our body a bit or it will get use to what you do.
Old 06-02-2011, 02:30 AM   #26
Major LCF Poster!

Lenise...Good for you for not making it an all day thing. Just move on and things will normalize themselves. Today is a new day!!
Old 06-02-2011, 02:38 AM   #27
Major LCF Poster!

Janet... I love my protein days too. They are easy and no thought needed. But he does mention how important it is to move on. The alternating carbs up and down and calories differance in a day I keep the body guessing. What alternating plan works best for you is the one you should stick to. Our bodies are so differant!!!
Old 06-02-2011, 02:40 AM   #28
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LindaCat View Post
I'm being really crappy about the exercise. I do a 1 hr spin class on Monday and a 1 hour body works class on Thursday....thats it. Well I walk my dog twice a day, does that count?
I think this is great. You do not need to kill yourself either. We need to do what works for us and what fits into our lifestyle
Old 06-02-2011, 06:21 AM   #29
Senior LCF Member

today is day 3 and I'm planning on starting the 2nd phase tomorrow. I do find it kind of confusing. It also seems like I have picked a horrible week to start a new way of eating, but I guess if I slip I will just keep going during the next meal. So far I am down 3.6lbs.
Old 06-02-2011, 07:10 AM   #30
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalMT View Post
For some reason, I still don't have my Cruise phase pattern figured out yet. I'm having more PP days than PV days. I start a day thinking I will make it a PV day, and before I realize it I haven't added any veggies, and the day is a PP! I know we need our veggies, but since the PP days are so easy, I'm having a hard time with this.

I may just end up doing a 5/5, although I'd really like to do a 2/5, which Dr. D calls a 2/7, but that doesn't make sense, since it's 2 days of PP and 5 of PV. I think that would be more simple. I hate having to think about which day is which. Does anyone else feel like that?
I'm still not sure what what schedule I'm going to stick with either. I guess I'll just do 1/1, but I think right now while I'm still so heavy I might just have my veggies one meal on my PV day. I'll eat a nice salad and a large amount, but just at that one meal. We'll see!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKat View Post
Janet... I love my protein days too. They are easy and no thought needed. But he does mention how important it is to move on. The alternating carbs up and down and calories differance in a day I keep the body guessing. What alternating plan works best for you is the one you should stick to. Our bodies are so differant!!!
Amen!! I think we're all in the figuring out stage right now as to what is going to work for our body. And it won't be the same thing for for each one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by spydermonkey511 View Post
today is day 3 and I'm planning on starting the 2nd phase tomorrow. I do find it kind of confusing. It also seems like I have picked a horrible week to start a new way of eating, but I guess if I slip I will just keep going during the next meal. So far I am down 3.6lbs.
I think you're doing great!!! If you slip just get right back on track. Don't use it as an excuse to go off-plan the rest of the day!!