Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Other Plans
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-10-2011, 06:19 PM   #241
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: spydermonkey511
Just got back from Olive Garden and I had water (lots of it), seafood brodetto, and salad made with no croutons or dressing. I didn't eat any of the bread and brought home 1/2 of my meal for my hubby. I must confess I did eat 2 olives though ) but overall I survived with out being really bad. Thanks for all the good advice.
spydermonkey511 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 06-10-2011, 11:31 PM   #242
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: miss.amaryllis
Stats: 10st 2lbs - ideal 8st 12 lbs, now 8st 3lbs
WOE: The Dukan Diet
Start Date: 2nd June 2011
I have got the book at last! How I am enjoying it!

Yesterday, a PP day in Cruise -

Breakfast: two eggs, semi-hard-boiled with a little seasoned yogurt

Lunch: some tunny fish in brine, + a spoonful 1.5% fat cream cheese (Morrison's supermarket own brand

Tea: Stong tea, of course, with skimmed milk - to which I am adapting slowly. The oatbran, with a spoon of fromage frais.

Dinner: Poulet au Citron, with a little garlic yoghurt dressing. He had his with lots of salad and bread! Said it was delicious.

I am taking to heart the exercise section at the end of the book. I got down on the floor and tried out the Buttock Muscles Special. My goodness! Prrrf! My husband came into the sitting-room and got a bit of a shock at the sight.

"A Body Losing Weight Has Four Vulnerable Areas". I know, Dr D! And how! I am going to try harder.

I don't think I imagine this, but my nails seem stronger. If ever I am lucky enough to visit America, I'd like to go to a real American manicurist. American women have such a wonderful reputation for immaculate grooming!

Anyway... another pound lost!

Last edited by miss.amaryllis; 06-10-2011 at 11:40 PM.. Reason: I forgot to add the oatbran, eaten hot with a little sweetener at tea time!
miss.amaryllis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2011, 02:32 AM   #243
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: JKat
Start Date: December 2003
Just a quick hello!! I am off to work.

Linda I hope you feel better..

Good Job spydermonkey!!!

I have also noticed my nails are stronger!!

Last edited by JKat; 06-11-2011 at 02:34 AM..
JKat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2011, 07:35 AM   #244
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: LivinLoCarb
WOE: Dukan
Start Date: May 10, 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by spydermonkey511 View Post
Just got back from Olive Garden and I had water (lots of it), seafood brodetto, and salad made with no croutons or dressing. I didn't eat any of the bread and brought home 1/2 of my meal for my hubby. I must confess I did eat 2 olives though ) but overall I survived with out being really bad. Thanks for all the good advice.
Congratulations! Especially on resisting all those breads! 2 olives? pfffft. You did great!
LivinLoCarb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2011, 08:24 AM   #245
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: amazinggrace911
Stats: 190/190/150 -- 5'8"
WOE: Whatever It Takes!!!!!
Start Date: 7/30/2014
Good morning!!! I hate to report that I screwed up yesterday. I ate two small hershey bars yesterday afternoon. Got so mad at myself! But instead of learning and moving on I had a big piece of apple pie for dessert at dinner. Thankfully I regained my senses after that before it went too far!! But I'm up today by 2.4 pounds. I'm glad today is a PP day!! Hopefully it'll go back off quickly. Please!!!!!!!!!!!

Don't have much planned today. Will probably take my dd and friend out to camp so they can swim or roller blade. So I'll take a walk and then read for a while.

Have a great weekend!! DH is grilling today. Yahoo!!
Old 06-11-2011, 09:19 AM   #246
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: SoHappy
Stats: obese/slimmer
WOE: JUDDD!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by JKat View Post
Just a quick hello!! I am off to work.

Linda I hope you feel better..

Good Job spydermonkey!!!

I have also noticed my nails are stronger!!
JKat, just wanted to pop in to say I remember you, and see from your stats that you are really rockin' the weight loss! Congrats! I'm very happy for you.
SoHappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2011, 03:32 PM   #247
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by amazinggrace911 View Post
Good morning!!! I hate to report that I screwed up yesterday. I ate two small hershey bars yesterday afternoon. Got so mad at myself! But instead of learning and moving on I had a big piece of apple pie for dessert at dinner. Thankfully I regained my senses after that before it went too far!! But I'm up today by 2.4 pounds. I'm glad today is a PP day!! Hopefully it'll go back off quickly. Please!!!!!!!!!!!

Don't have much planned today. Will probably take my dd and friend out to camp so they can swim or roller blade. So I'll take a walk and then read for a while.

Have a great weekend!! DH is grilling today. Yahoo!!
It happens glad you were able to brush yourself off and get back on the horse.
Old 06-11-2011, 04:26 PM   #248
Senior LCF Member

Feeling better today!! Had a decent food day!! Drinking lots too!
amazinggrace911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2011, 06:09 PM   #249
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: SuzeQ
Stats: 5'2"/75 years old 169/160/135
WOE: Anything that works!
Start Date: June 6, 2011
Five days into Attack and 3lbs lost! Yay! I will begin adding a veggie a day, every other day beginning Monday. Hope this thing continues. Actually it is very easy to stay on. Got a late start this AM as I slept in after staying up late watching movies. Today:

B: coffee with FF cream
omelet with FF creamed cheese and some minced onion and pancetta. Not
exactly the stuffing we are supposed to have but there was so little of it
I don't expect it will be a problem.

D: Pork chop topped with 2T of fresh salsa.
1C plain greek yogurt mixed with oat bran and a container of greek yogurt
with fruit pulp on bottom.

I'm actually not very hungry. Went for a 2mi. walk and feel good.
SuzeQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2011, 06:31 PM   #250
Senior LCF Member

Way to go Suze!!!! You're doing great!!
Old 06-11-2011, 07:15 PM   #251
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Key Tones
Stats: 312/227/??? 5/10"
Start Date: LC start 2005, have tried everything...
subscribing
Key Tones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2011, 07:29 PM   #252
Senior LCF Member

Hi Key Tones!!! Welcome!!! How has it been going for you? Thanks again for that article on the yogurt. I love being able to eat the yogurt on Dukan!!
Old 06-11-2011, 08:15 PM   #253
Senior LCF Member

In the book there is a recipe for Bbq sauce can we eat this on PV and PP days? It says it can be used during cruise
Old 06-11-2011, 08:57 PM   #254
Senior LCF Member

We're allowed sf ketchup and sf tomato purees and pastes during attack, so I don't see why it can't be used on both pp and pv days. Guess that would depend on what else is in it. Is the recipe in the main book or one of the cookbooks?
Old 06-11-2011, 09:17 PM   #255
Senior LCF Member

it is the main book. THanks!
Old 06-11-2011, 09:24 PM   #256
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hi AmazingGrace911,

I am reading up a bit on protein sparing modified fasts. Dukan is supposed to be a version of this model, so I am curious.

I am sticking to the Kwasniewski's model concerning protein (it is a low carb egg-based diet, high fat), but he says to reduce fat to lose weight without making recommendations (because his isn't a weight loss diet, it is for health).

I am curious about what you all are eating to drop fat out of the diet. I cant' eat the oat bran anyway, it makes me really ill, so I wouldnt' be able to do Dukan properly.

Anyway, this week I've just dropped a couple of pounds (probably water, just started Wed.) this week by eating at least two cups of FF greek yogurt per day and my usual protein meals (but NO cheese NO butter NO fatty meats). I wasn't eating much before, I've been on low carb for over five years, so I don't know that anything dramatic will happen, but if this doesn't work, nothing will!

Good gosh, low carb, low fat, there is no where else to go! From what I have read, protein sparing modified fasts are extremely effective for weight loss. My appetite fell quite a bit this week, that is really cool.

http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/ot...el-method.html
Old 06-11-2011, 09:30 PM   #257
Senior LCF Member

I'm probably consuming more fat than I should, because I can't afford all the leanest meats. I just do the best I can. When I was lcing, I tended to eat a lot of cheese and nuts, so that's a big reduction for me right there in the fat department.

I don't know that I'd worry about the oat bran anyway. Now I haven't read the whole book yet (still working on it!!) but it seems to me that he one of the main reasons to eat it is to fill you up. I have been eating it every day, but I'm considering trying a few days without it to see what happens. After all, eating the protein curbs your appetite.
Old 06-11-2011, 09:46 PM   #258
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Fortunately, I love chicken, it is the cheapest meat! I used to feel badly about simmering the chicken for soup and skimming the fat off, I think that actually has worked in my favor now. I don't really like a lot of meat anyway.

Yes, I agree, I am just going to do the best I can with it!
Old 06-12-2011, 01:40 AM   #259
Senior LCF Member

I seem to be losing 1lb every three days in the Cruise Phase as predicted by Dr Dukan!

I don't take the lifts or escalator - however, wish that I were in some glorious city environment where I would have to make this decision. The oatbran - brilliant - it's a nice hot bowlfull at tea time.

However... the other non-negotiable is the 30 minute walk. It's OK in the sunshine, or would be if we had any. It's cold windy and wet. I hate this!

I had admitted as such to Barbara, my triumphant post-Stabilisation friend. We were at school together. Where Barbara was charging up and down the hockey pitch in conditions of ice/mud, I was dragging my stick onto the field, hating every minute. No surprise when I received a terse email

"Don't be such a wuss! Wrap up, get out there and stride fast!".

This morning I did it. Dug out a rainproof jacket, got out there...

I thought of my dear old Jane Fonda book. Remember her account of how Katharine Hepburn inspires her to learn a back flip into an icy lake to do "On Golden Pond"? I thought of Hitler - he had to be informed by the Mitford Sisters (the Fascist ones) that English women had beautiful complexions from walking in the rain.

Then I thought of the new-baby pictures in October in which I will be photographed with my lovely slender daughter and my very first grandchild! Do I want to look like a dreary old fat granny? Nooooo!

By which time, I'd done the walk! I was wet, but it hadn't been too bad.

PP day today. Tomorrow, I hope for another pound off!
Old 06-12-2011, 02:25 AM   #260
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoHappy View Post
JKat, just wanted to pop in to say I remember you, and see from your stats that you are really rockin' the weight loss! Congrats! I'm very happy for you.
Hi SoHappy...I am hanging in.
Old 06-12-2011, 02:33 AM   #261
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by amazinggrace911 View Post
Feeling better today!! Had a decent food day!! Drinking lots too!
I am glad you are feeling better. I had two handful of a nut mix yesterday. I was so mad at myself!!!!! I will do another attack day today and head into cruise again on monday. No change in my weight. I am a little dissapointed but need to continue on!!!
Old 06-12-2011, 02:43 AM   #262
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuzeQ View Post
Five days into Attack and 3lbs lost! Yay! I will begin adding a veggie a day, every other day beginning Monday. Hope this thing continues. Actually it is very easy to stay on. Got a late start this AM as I slept in after staying up late watching movies. Today:

B: coffee with FF cream
omelet with FF creamed cheese and some minced onion and pancetta. Not
exactly the stuffing we are supposed to have but there was so little of it
I don't expect it will be a problem.

D: Pork chop topped with 2T of fresh salsa.
1C plain greek yogurt mixed with oat bran and a container of greek yogurt
with fruit pulp on bottom.

I'm actually not very hungry. Went for a 2mi. walk and feel good.
Great Job!!!! What kind of veggies did you add in this week?? How much?
Old 06-12-2011, 02:50 AM   #263
Major LCF Poster!

Those of you on cruise.. Can u please post what veggies you have added in and how much are you eating of them? ? thanks!!
Old 06-12-2011, 03:05 AM   #264
Senior LCF Member

Cruising vegetables - have had tomato, tinned tomato, salad rocket and mixed baby leaves, spring onions, courgettes, red and green pepper, broccoli, celery, onions.

Quantity - some of! So nice not to bother with weighing and calculating!
Old 06-12-2011, 03:39 AM   #265
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: LindaCat
Stats: +20/-15.6/goal
WOE: Dukan Diet
Start Date: 5/8/11
Quote:
Those of you on cruise.. Can u please post what veggies you have added in and how much are you eating of them? ? thanks!!
Hi JKat, I've had green beans, spaghetti squash, spinach and tomato salad, spinach, salsa. I think thats about it, oh and zucchini. I have not measured, I just tried to be conservative.
LindaCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2011, 03:40 AM   #266
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Key Tones View Post
subscribing
Old 06-12-2011, 03:46 AM   #267
Senior LCF Member

I'm supposed to be at goal by 7/15, I don't see how thats going to happen at the rate I am losing. I need to lose 7.4 lbs in 5 weeks..nah don't see it happening.
Old 06-12-2011, 07:16 AM   #268
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by miss.amaryllis View Post
However... the other non-negotiable is the 30 minute walk. It's OK in the sunshine, or would be if we had any. It's cold windy and wet. I hate this!

Then I thought of the new-baby pictures in October in which I will be photographed with my lovely slender daughter and my very first grandchild! Do I want to look like a dreary old fat granny? Nooooo!
I don't like walking in the rain or the heat!! I have a walking dvd that I do when the weather doesn't cooperate. And even on some other days. I love doing them!

Quote:
I am glad you are feeling better. I had two handful of a nut mix yesterday. I was so mad at myself!!!!! I will do another attack day today and head into cruise again on monday. No change in my weight. I am a little dissapointed but need to continue on!!!
Just stay focused today. You can do it!!

Quote:
Veggies. You can look at my blog and see what I've had. Offhand, I think zucchini, mushrooms, romaine, red peppers, cabbage, cauliflower, tomatoes, homemade pasta sauce, and who know what else!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LindaCat View Post
I'm supposed to be at goal by 7/15, I don't see how thats going to happen at the rate I am losing. I need to lose 7.4 lbs in 5 weeks..nah don't see it happening.
Even if it comes off slower, at least it's coming off!!! You need to do what's best for you, though!!
Old 06-12-2011, 07:17 AM   #269
Senior LCF Member

I'm so thankful and relieved to say that I'm back down to 218.8 this morning! That one evenings screw up didn't mess me up too badly!! Just lost time.

Today is a PV day. Going to enjoy my veggies!!
Old 06-12-2011, 10:58 AM   #270
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: AllegraD
Another newby to Dukan joining in. Day 4 - down 5.5lb!
AllegraD is offline   Reply With Quote