Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Other Plans
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-09-2011, 01:49 PM   #211
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Purrcy'smom
Stats: 216/193.5/158
WOE: Dukan and the CTFLC
Start Date: May 9, 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by amazinggrace911 View Post
Oat bran -- 1.5 T. during Attack and 2 T. during Cruise. I think it increases in the next phase, but since that's a long ways away for me, I haven't paid much attention to those rules. lol

So upset tonight, but I'm not going to turn to food. Our Sassy cat was hit and killed tonight. He was 11 years ago and still playful as a kitten. My black ball of fur. I'm going to miss him so much!
Hi Lenise, I am so sorry I missed this message. I am so sorry for your loss, they leave a cat shaped hole in our hearts. I am no stranger to the way this makes you feel- and my heart goes out to you, and those who loved Sassy. But know that heavens stars do twinkle just a bit brighter now, as she romps among them, waiting for you at the foot of the rainbow bridge.
Hugs, Laurelei ( Purrcy'smom)
Purrcy'smom is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 06-09-2011, 02:14 PM   #212
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angeleyz777 View Post
Wow! 2 lbs is great! So happy for you! Going to check out that book now!!
Hey that is great! Dear Livinlocarb; what is HCL?
Purrcy'smom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 02:32 PM   #213
Senior LCF Member

Hi there so many folks here mention ketosis... I am old ( old school! LOL) and I remember in the atkins days we would try to stay under 20 gm a day, and use the keto stix. Are y'all using the sticks, and is it possible to get into ketosis with all the dairy ( nominal carbs but still) we are eating- or is this just in the attack phase? I am going slow but sure, and am planning to set myself down and make those muffins this weekend! I have also been having spaghetti squash on my cruise days... is that ok?
PS a few pages back someone mentioned ( forgive me I forget whom to give credit to) that Aldi's crab sticks are ok on Dukan- but when I check them out, they all have about 14 gm carbs for one serving! Is that acceptable on this plan? Or is there another crab item I am missing? Thanks for your insights ladies...it is nearly 100 where I am today- that frozen ff yogurt sounds really good right about now! Laure
Old 06-09-2011, 03:22 PM   #214
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: amazinggrace911
Stats: 190/190/150 -- 5'8"
WOE: Whatever It Takes!!!!!
Start Date: 7/30/2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Purrcy'smom View Post
Hi Lenise, I am so sorry I missed this message. I am so sorry for your loss, they leave a cat shaped hole in our hearts. I am no stranger to the way this makes you feel- and my heart goes out to you, and those who loved Sassy. But know that heavens stars do twinkle just a bit brighter now, as she romps among them, waiting for you at the foot of the rainbow bridge.
Hugs, Laurelei ( Purrcy'smom)
Thanks! We miss him lots. I'm thankful we still have our other cats -- and they're all inside no out like Sass was.

Quote:
Hi there so many folks here mention ketosis... I am old ( old school! LOL) and I remember in the atkins days we would try to stay under 20 gm a day, and use the keto stix. Are y'all using the sticks, and is it possible to get into ketosis with all the dairy ( nominal carbs but still) we are eating- or is this just in the attack phase? I am going slow but sure, and am planning to set myself down and make those muffins this weekend! I have also been having spaghetti squash on my cruise days... is that ok?
PS a few pages back someone mentioned ( forgive me I forget whom to give credit to) that Aldi's crab sticks are ok on Dukan- but when I check them out, they all have about 14 gm carbs for one serving! Is that acceptable on this plan? Or is there another crab item I am missing? Thanks for your insights ladies...it is nearly 100 where I am today- that frozen ff yogurt sounds really good right about now! Laure
I don't know if the doc ever mentioned using the keto stix or not. I can't remember. But we're actually not to count carbs or calories on DD. Don't know anything about the crab sticks. Maybe someone else does.

Where does everyone get ff/sf frozen yogurt? I guess I should ask what is the brand. I can't find any such thing here.
amazinggrace911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 03:41 PM   #215
Senior LCF Member

Check out this post on BejewelMe's journal.

http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...l#post14725586
Old 06-09-2011, 03:51 PM   #216
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: LivinLoCarb
WOE: Dukan
Start Date: May 10, 2011
Quote:
Hey that is great! Dear Livinlocarb; what is HCL?
HCL is Hydrochloric Acid, found naturally in gastric, or stomach, acid. It is essential for protein digestion.
LivinLoCarb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 06:04 PM   #217
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Bejewelme
Stats: 350+/221.4/198 (5'10)
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: restarted 9/27/2010
I had a mini splurge on a smoothie at Dairy Queen, 55 carbs, LOL but zero fat and it was sweetened with splenda the kids went there after baseball, my dinner was really vile that tuna in a bag, OMG so gross, 150 calories, 36 grams of protein 1 gram of fat, it was so gross the cats ended up eating it, LOL So I dont feel too bad about the smoothie, we will see I might be crying tomorrow a huge storm cancelled the game and then we did my run, it was so much better not in the heat!!!! I kicked it in at the end!!! Tomorrow will be Day 5 I am anxious to see the results!!
Old 06-10-2011, 02:41 AM   #218
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: JKat
Start Date: December 2003
Quote:
Yes spaghetti squash is fine for cruise

Never saw any mention of ketosis is the book.

aldis sells a salmon burger that is on plan. I too looked at the crab too and the ingrediants are not dukan. I find aldis has differant stuff all the time. So maybe I was looking at the wrong thing. I hate that they change what they carry so often.

I think bejewelme mentioned that the yogart was low in sugar but not completly dukan. It was not effecting her so she was going to continue it. I am on a seach for splenda frozen yogart. Someone has to sell it!!!

Love your new picture!!!
Old 06-10-2011, 02:44 AM   #219
Major LCF Poster!

Purcy check out the link lenise gave us. Thank lenise for posting link
JKat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 03:19 AM   #220

Attack
6/6- 225.5
6/7-224.0
6/8-222.0
6/9-221.5
6/10-220 (-5.5)

OMG I guess the shake was OK before the run I did, OMG I am totally excited, totally worried about going away I dont want to blow this!!!!

Yeah the yogurt is a little carby since no splenda but so far its OK, dont think I will be able to continue to eat it, unless the working out helps it, sure is good though!!!!

I need a little more variety next week, have to think of stuff today and give TOny a list since I will be away!!!!
Bejewelme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 05:09 AM   #221
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: LindaCat
Stats: +20/-15.6/goal
WOE: Dukan Diet
Start Date: 5/8/11
Good Morning Ladies,

Looks like everyone is doing fanatastic. I woke yesterday with an ear infection. OMG now I know why kids cry so much when they have them.

Is anyone having issues with muscle cramps or charlie horses. I've had serveral charlie horses since starting this plan. I drink plenty of water so I know its not that.
LindaCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 05:32 AM   #222

Linda- it is from low salt and or low potassium most likely, I suffered with these terribly when I started low carb. I take my calcium, magnesium and potassium supplements right at bed time that really helps. You may also want to drink a little tonic water the quinine in it is suppose to help cramps, maybe a little shot before bed, they are the worst! I would get the ones that my legs would still ache the morning after. I also got one of those heavy duty massage wands and I would stand up and keep that thing plugged in, and hit my calf with that, it hurt like crazy but made them go away mine would just keep rolling in like every 20 minutes, it was terrible, Tony would be up from me writhing in pain, it is agonizing!!!
Old 06-10-2011, 06:02 AM   #223
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: spydermonkey511
Today starts day 3 of the cruise and i'm up .4 still down .2 overall during the cruise ,but I'm not a big plan of the scale going up. ( like anyone is)

tonight I have a dinner at Olive Garden any suggestions on what to eat?
spydermonkey511 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 06:08 AM   #224

Doing low carb I always got the filet which is very lean with broccoli, and salad, the bread sticks are evil though, I usually ended up blowing it with 4 breadsticks, LOL

Here were the totals from yesterday:
1184 calories
23 fat= 18%
100 carbs= 35%
130 protein= 47%
Old 06-10-2011, 06:18 AM   #225
Senior LCF Member

That doesn't sound like a bad idea. I was thinking of getting the muscle app and not eating the bread. Althought I really want some sort of stuffed pasta, but I'll be good.
Old 06-10-2011, 06:23 AM   #226

Mussels are good I just need like 4 bowls to feel full, one thing a nice lean steak will make you full and less tempted to cheat on something bad, Olive Garden is a tough place for sure!
Old 06-10-2011, 06:31 AM   #227
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by spydermonkey511 View Post
... tonight I have a dinner at Olive Garden any suggestions on what to eat?
For low carb at Olive Garden, I like the Seafood Brodetto, which is "Scallops, shrimp and delicate tilapia with spinach and mushrooms simmered in a light white wine and marinara-saffron broth. Served with toasted ciabatta bread." The broth is very light and easy to leave in the bowl if you want to avoid more carbs. You could ask the server to hold the bread to avoid temptation.

Actually, I seem to recall that Olive Garden is willing to substitute broccoli for pasta in most of their dishes. You could call ahead and verify this if it is something you would like to do.
Old 06-10-2011, 06:42 AM   #228
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKat View Post
Purcy check out the link lenise gave us. Thank lenise for posting link
Thanks to whomever posted it on Bejewelme's journal!! It was a good article!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bejewelme View Post
Attack
6/6- 225.5
6/7-224.0
6/8-222.0
6/9-221.5
6/10-220 (-5.5)
Way to go!!!!! 5-1/2 pounds in four days is fantastic!!! I hope you see in the 210's this weekend!!!

218.8 for me this morning!! Officially 12 pounds gone in 17 days!! Yahoo!!

Has anyone checked out the recipes out on the splenda site?? I was just glancing through this morning at the frozen desserts. There are some there with yogurt that sound good. Going to have to try them with some adjustments probably. lol

Have a great day!!
Old 06-10-2011, 06:46 AM   #229
Senior LCF Member

The seafood brodetto sounds good and is pretty low cal. So you think it would be Dukan friendly in comparison to the other options?

I really don't want to mess up and fall off the wagon. Thank you both for your ideas!
Old 06-10-2011, 07:34 AM   #230
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by spydermonkey511 View Post
The seafood brodetto sounds good and is pretty low cal. So you think it would be Dukan friendly in comparison to the other options?
Yes, I have ordered the seafood brodetto several times and believe it is very Dukan friendly. But because there are so many items and ways to customize your order (i.e. substitute broccoli for pasta, or order the mussels appetizer as an entree), I cannot say it is THE most Dukan-friendly item. The brodetto is just the most Dukan-friendly item that I like.

Here is a link to Olive Garden's dinner menu:
Dinner Menu at The Olive Garden

If you would prefer to order something else, some of us may be able to suggest ways to customize your order and make it Dukan-friendly.
Old 06-10-2011, 07:42 AM   #231
Senior LCF Member

That sounds good and I appreacite your help. I will likely order one of those.
Old 06-10-2011, 07:46 AM   #232

Since I am totally bored, I went on Fat Secret, they post nutrional information pretty close to what they say, man an eye opener for sure, the amount of carbs in some foods, that is why I hated eating out things that appear should be low carb are very carb laden with the crap they put in it!

Seafood Bordetto
480 cal/16 fat/35 carbs/37 protein

Mussels
180/8/13/14/

Shrimp Primavera
730/12/110/44

Grilled chicken with pasta and Broc
310/5/33/33

Salad with house dressing
26 fat/22 carbs/4 protein- that is a lot of fat and carbs

Chicken Giardino
15 grams/fat/59 carbs/36 protein

Breadstick
150 cal/2 fat/28 carbs/5 protein

All chicken mixed grill
640/20/27/86

Well this was fun, I would almost go for the chicken with broc and pasta, as a little more filling and might make you feel like not ona diet, and then walk afterwards to burn the carbs, their dressing is terrible!!!! And I would have considered the mixed grill if I were doing low carb, and man that is loaded! SO many meats are injected with crap at these places to make them moist and so on, you never know what you are really getting! Maybe sneak a yogurt in for dessert!!!!
Old 06-10-2011, 08:53 AM   #233
Senior LCF Member

I really don't want to do the pasta. This weekend is another hard one I have another social thing Sunday night and I will most likely not be able to eat how i should so I would rather eat as best as I can until then. I'm also thinking about doing 3/3 instead of 1/2 ,but i'm not sure yet.
Old 06-10-2011, 10:01 AM   #234
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: SuzeQ
Stats: 5'2"/75 years old 169/160/135
WOE: Anything that works!
Start Date: June 6, 2011
I'm a little discouraged guys. Started Monday and to date have lost 2 lbs in four days. My only real cheat was when DH bought from the Whole Foods deli and I had a mere spoonful of two of his selections. Otherwise the greek yogurt with fruit I am now dividing in half and adding some plain mixed in for flavor. I could eat the yogurt forever it is so good. Am afraid that adding veggies will halt me. Oh, I know that if I can keep the 2lbs/wk going how good that will be but can I??? If I lose some more today then I will be really inspired.
Old 06-10-2011, 10:59 AM   #235
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: jem51
Stats: oh so happy at 120
WOE: Mine, all mine
Start Date: controlled carb '97-98
There are so many good things to order at Olive Garden and just tell them to leave off the pasta.
I love the chicken dishes that have some sort of wine sauce. It is brothy so you don't have to eat it all....but I do.
Really eating out anywhere can be doable so long as you are crystal clear w your order.
jem51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 01:58 PM   #236
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: SoCalMT
Stats: 201/162/135
WOE: JUDDD/Dukan
Quote:
Originally Posted by JKat View Post
Never saw any mention of ketosis is the book.
In the book Dr. Dukan does discuss the effects of ketosis. If you look under "ketonic cells" in the index, you'll find several pages where he addresses ketosis.

Janet
SoCalMT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 02:29 PM   #237
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalMT View Post
In the book Dr. Dukan does discuss the effects of ketosis. If you look under "ketonic cells" in the index, you'll find several pages where he addresses ketosis.

Janet
Thanks Janet I will look...
JKat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 03:06 PM   #238
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: LindaCat
Stats: +20/-15.6/goal
WOE: Dukan Diet
Start Date: 5/8/11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bejewelme View Post
Linda- it is from low salt and or low potassium most likely, I suffered with these terribly when I started low carb. I take my calcium, magnesium and potassium supplements right at bed time that really helps. You may also want to drink a little tonic water the quinine in it is suppose to help cramps, maybe a little shot before bed, they are the worst! I would get the ones that my legs would still ache the morning after. I also got one of those heavy duty massage wands and I would stand up and keep that thing plugged in, and hit my calf with that, it hurt like crazy but made them go away mine would just keep rolling in like every 20 minutes, it was terrible, Tony would be up from me writhing in pain, it is agonizing!!!
Oh man I'm telling you my leg is still killing me from this morning. It's really hard for me to take vitamins/supplements they usually make me throw up some weird thing. Tonic water maybe I'll give that a try...is this something I can get at the grocery store?
LindaCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 03:15 PM   #239

Try taking them with a little yogurt or skim milk they still make me a little quesy too but it helps, yes Tonic water is usually where they have the bar mixers or seltzer water!
Old 06-10-2011, 03:50 PM   #240
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LindaCat View Post
Oh man I'm telling you my leg is still killing me from this morning. It's really hard for me to take vitamins/supplements they usually make me throw up...
Sorry you're in pain, LindaCat. If your problem is low potassium, which is very common with a low carb diet, you can supplement potassium by using a No Salt type product. Make sure the primary ingredient of the salt substitute is "Potassium Chloride". I usually just sprinkle it on my boiled eggs, but there have been a couple of times that I was in such discomfort that I put about 1/4 teaspoon in water and drank it. It does NOT taste good that way, but hey, pain is pain.

Last edited by LivinLoCarb; 06-10-2011 at 03:52 PM..