Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Other Plans
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-08-2011, 06:17 PM   #181
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: JKat
Start Date: December 2003
Quote:
Originally Posted by LindaCat View Post
The Quote about the friend was pulled from Miss Amaryllis. I thought it was fantastic and wanted to comment on it but I guess I didnt pull the entire quote.
Thank you Miss Amaryllis for sharing...
JKat is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 06-08-2011, 06:19 PM   #182
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
I just did a one hour spin class I worked so I hard I thought I was going to throw up. I'm going to hit the shower, lay on the couch, watch my soap and eat something. I'll probably be fast asleep before the first commercial break. But I feel fantastic!

I too went to kettlebell this morning and worked hard....I stunk so bad when I got done even my daughter would not kiss me good morning!
Old 06-08-2011, 06:30 PM   #183
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: SoCalMT
Stats: 201/162/135
WOE: JUDDD/Dukan
Quote:
Do you think you are in Ketosis? If I allow myself to go into ketosis I am literally running to the bathroom several times a day.
Yes, I'm in ketosis, but that has never caused diarrhea for me before.
SoCalMT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2011, 06:32 PM   #184
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Bejewelme
Stats: 350+/221.4/198 (5'10)
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: restarted 9/27/2010
I know I am in ketosis and I am praying for the big D!!!!!

WOW what was with us all today all this heat and we all killed it at the gym!!!
Bejewelme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2011, 06:32 PM   #185
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bejewelme View Post
Hey girls I wanted to tell you about something that might be helpful, I order these capella flavor drops, you need like 1 or 2 drops max in a yogurt and zero carbs, calories or fat, I think netrition sells them, or their own page has lots of flavors, the bottles are small, but a little goes a long way, I just put 2 squirts of the fudge brownie in a yogurt and a drop of ezsweetz and man does that taste good!!!!!
I've used Capella Flavor Drops for years; started back when they came in the glass bottles. I sometimes use them in my morning coffee. I use about 10-12 drops. I also used to use them in my Medifast shakes and puddings. Now I use them in a mix of ff ricotta and ff cream cheese with a little stevia. Yummy!
Old 06-08-2011, 06:34 PM   #186
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKat View Post
Janet Hang in there hugs!!
Thanks, Jodi!
Old 06-08-2011, 06:53 PM   #187
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
Gotta say I am amazed!!!!
222 today that is down 3.5 after 2 days on plan, wow!!!!!

Yesterdays summary
1525 calories
51 fat
81 carbs
172 protein
31% fat
48% protein
21% carbs

Man I ran last night in the heat and I ate some frozen FF yogurt it felt sinful and delicious and really helped cool me down, I am loving the dairy for now and until it stalls me I am going to eat a smuch as possible, I get so sick of meat, I am going to be ready for a nice salad or something, but i am pleasantly surprised!!!!!!!!! I hope the downward trend continues, 220 was my lowest, so 3 more pounds to hit virgin weight loss!!!! Thanks to all of you for being so supportive and answering so many questions!!!
Way to go! You are doing GREAT!

Janet
Old 06-08-2011, 06:55 PM   #188
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by amazinggrace911 View Post
I'm down another .2 this morning. Almost 12 pounds gone!!
Yay! Lenise! You're rockin' this!

Janet
Old 06-08-2011, 06:58 PM   #189
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angeleyz777 View Post
Woohoo! That is great! Congrats! I know it seems crazy that you can lose this kind of weight eating yogurt and skim milk, but it really works! I am down 8.8 lbs in 5 days. Just keep going girl!
You are doing wonderfully! Woooo Hoooo!!!

Janet
Old 06-08-2011, 06:58 PM   #190

THank you Janet, yes those Capella drops are from Carlsbad I lived near there in the early 90's, I miss San Diego, oh I loved it!!!!!
Old 06-08-2011, 07:05 PM   #191
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by spydermonkey511 View Post
The Dukan Facebook page for US has that Shirataki noodles are allowed during all phases. Has anyone used these and if so how?
I love them! Miracle Noodles are something I always have in my pantry. If prepared right, they are great. The secret is to rinse and rinse them, and then rinse them some more! There is an initial kind of fishy odor (which is odd since they have nothing to do with fish or the sea). After rinsing and draining, you just pat them dry (I use papaer towels) and add them to your sauce or whatever you're having. You can also swish them around in a dry frying pan to get all the moisture out of them.

I love them with a bit of tomato, zucchini, mushrooms, onion and lots of spices! Sometimes I add a little diced chicken breast. For the sauce, the ff sour cream comes in handy. The noodles do have an odd texture - kind of like squishy rubber bands - but when they're mixed with other things, that isn't really noticeable.

They give you an good feeling of fullness, and I love that they have NO calories, carbs, or really anything! They're kind of a non-food.

Janet
Old 06-08-2011, 07:44 PM   #192
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: spydermonkey511
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalMT View Post
I love them! Miracle Noodles are something I always have in my pantry. If prepared right, they are great. The secret is to rinse and rinse them, and then rinse them some more! There is an initial kind of fishy odor (which is odd since they have nothing to do with fish or the sea). After rinsing and draining, you just pat them dry (I use papaer towels) and add them to your sauce or whatever you're having. You can also swish them around in a dry frying pan to get all the moisture out of them.

I love them with a bit of tomato, zucchini, mushrooms, onion and lots of spices! Sometimes I add a little diced chicken breast. For the sauce, the ff sour cream comes in handy. The noodles do have an odd texture - kind of like squishy rubber bands - but when they're mixed with other things, that isn't really noticeable.

They give you an good feeling of fullness, and I love that they have NO calories, carbs, or really anything! They're kind of a non-food.

Janet
thanks. They were pretty good. Last night I made the tandorri chicken form the book and today made the noodles with 1/4 of an onion and the marinade for one of the beef recipes from the book. I added a little water to thin it out and then added the noodles and cilantro. It was pretty good. Infact my hubby who is pretty picky and can eat aything and not gain an ounce ate the chicken and noodles and went back for more noodles. I think their texture would be odd for some dishes ,but I'm going through my hungru girl cookbook to see what I can adapt.
week 3-
spydermonkey511 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2011, 08:20 PM   #193
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: amazinggrace911
Stats: 190/190/150 -- 5'8"
WOE: Whatever It Takes!!!!!
Start Date: 7/30/2014
Hi gals!! Feeling hot and bloated tonight. I really think this heat plays havoc with our weight. Had a busy day today so I'm relaxing now.

Went to a resale shop today and found three low carb books -- Low Carb Cooking with stevia; the low carb cookbook; and the south beach diet (bought it for any recipes!). I bought those three, a pair of shorts for my daughter, 2 tank tops for me and spent $2.75!!!! Not bad!!!

Nighty night!!
amazinggrace911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 04:10 AM   #194
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: LindaCat
Stats: +20/-15.6/goal
WOE: Dukan Diet
Start Date: 5/8/11
Quote:
Hi gals!! Feeling hot and bloated tonight. I really think this heat plays havoc with our weight. Had a busy day today so I'm relaxing now.

Went to a resale shop today and found three low carb books -- Low Carb Cooking with stevia; the low carb cookbook; and the south beach diet (bought it for any recipes!). I bought those three, a pair of shorts for my daughter, 2 tank tops for me and spent $2.75!!!! Not bad!!!

Nighty night!!
$2.75 now that's my kind of shopping!
LindaCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 05:55 AM   #195

Lenise:
You got some good deals for sure!!!!!

OK I cannot believe down .5 even with the heat and big workout yesterday, I always think I tend to go up a pound or two after working out:

Attack
6/6- 225.5
6/7-224.0
6/8-222.0
6/9-221.5 (-4)

I cannot tell you how exciting it is to see that number going down, I didnt even have to do the jumping on and off until I saw a number I liked, LOL Or you know the sway? LOL

Yesterday Totals:
1219 calories
41-fat 31%
43 carbs- 14%
156 protein-54%

That FF Frozen yogurt isnt slowing me up yet and to be able to eat that when it is so hot out, what a treat and can I say it is delicious!!! Good grief I hope they dont stop making it I will have to go in hoard mode and I got rid of my big freezer, LOL

I am very excited this is working and I am just hope it continues along as it is. I have ot read up on cruise phase, I was suppose to do this for 3 days but I thought a whole week would be good to get used to it and it is sort of easier having less choices! It is so stinking hot here already OMG it is going to be another scorcher!!!!
Old 06-09-2011, 07:20 AM   #196
Senior LCF Member

Yesterday was my first PV day and this morning I'm down .6. I was so worried how my body would react. Super exciting.

I was so tempted to buy FF frozon yogurt this morning ,but bought surgar free jello instead it was a hard choice though. lol
Old 06-09-2011, 07:40 AM   #197
Senior LCF Member

Good morning!! I'm up .2 pounds this morning. Not much, and I'll attribute it to not getting enough sleep the past two nights and getting up WAY too early this morning. I normally don't do my weigh in til 10 or so, and I've been up and on the go since 7 this morning!!! Two nights of 4-5 hours sleep just kill me anymore. And to think that once upon a time I used to go on less all the time!! Yikes!! lol

It's going to be a hot one today. I was planning on taking my dd and friend swimming at camp today, but now I'm not sure what's going to happen. I can't take my mother out to my aunt's until the window guys get here (anytime between 1 and 3). And of course, the pool is then in the opposite direction. And we would have to leave by 4:30 to pick up dh from work. Busy day.

Had my yogurt/oat bran mix this morning. Now I need to get started on my water!! I'm thirsty!!
Old 06-09-2011, 09:02 AM   #198
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Purrcy'smom
Stats: 216/193.5/158
WOE: Dukan and the CTFLC
Start Date: May 9, 2011
Quote:
Down another .4 pounds today!! I can't wait to be below 220 again! And then below 210!! and then finally below 200!!!!!!

Let's go!!!
Mentally, I know I will feel soooooo much better when there is a one in front of my number again rather than a 2!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Purrcy'smom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 09:08 AM   #199

spyder what all did you eat yesterday on your first PV day? I am nervous to do it on Monday, I want to really study the book, I will be getting home late on Sunday so I want Tony to have my eggs boiled and some of the items I will need in the house.
Old 06-09-2011, 09:16 AM   #200
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: LivinLoCarb
WOE: Dukan
Start Date: May 10, 2011
Hi all! I am SO excited this morning. I'm in Cruise phase, and the scale was down 2.0 lbs this morning! That has never happened to me before -- not on Attack, or on any previous diet. My best guess is that the HCL tablets I am now taking with protein meals are finally helping my body digest my food, and I am dropping water from previous inflammation.

(Just a quick recommendation again for the book, Total Body Tune-up by Michael Murray, N.D., a naturopathic physician. His chapter on digestion is 40 pages long and full of details and precautions and things you can do to help yourself that I cannot hope to touch on here.)
LivinLoCarb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 09:19 AM   #201

YEAH!!!! OMG I know the feeling of seeing that number move, and it sounds like you have been waiting, so happy for you!!!!
Old 06-09-2011, 09:19 AM   #202
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purrcy'smom View Post
Mentally, I know I will feel soooooo much better when there is a one in front of my number again rather than a 2!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I can't wait for that day either!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LivinLoCarb View Post
Hi all! I am SO excited this morning. I'm in Cruise phase, and the scale was down 2.0 lbs this morning! That has never happened to me before -- not on Attack, or on any previous diet. My best guess is that the HCL tablets I am now taking with protein meals are finally helping my body digest my food, and I am dropping water from previous inflammation.
Great news!! Glad you're getting it figured out!!
amazinggrace911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 09:43 AM   #203
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: miss.amaryllis
Stats: 10st 2lbs - ideal 8st 12 lbs, now 8st 3lbs
WOE: The Dukan Diet
Start Date: 2nd June 2011
You girls are all doing so fantastically well!

We have here a very well-known radio journalist called Jenni Murray - presents a morning programme called Woman's Hour, which has been going for ever - well, since radio was invented anyway. JM has been doing the Dukan Diet. Her weight had ballooned up to 19 stone (that's 266lbs to you!) and it must have taken some courage for a serious journalist to admit to sitting on a sunbed and having it collapse under her...

Anyway, this morning I listened to an interview she did with Dr Dukan back in May. He struck me as an extremely sympathetic and understanding nutritionalist. I was touched by a word he used to describe the experience of being very overweight.

Souffrance.

Isn't this what we feel when struggling into the jeans that used to fit - when we catch a glimpse of our backside in a changing room mirror? When there's one space left in the back of a friend's car, and we realise that we're not going to fit into it? When it's a hot day and we are horribly hot under the boobs and experiencing thigh chafing? Souffrance. I could go on - oh, how I remember that day when I felt proud of wearing the uniform as a new student nurse, one of the hospital cleaning ladies came up behind me and said "Nurse, your legs look like two big beer barrels rubbing together!"

Anyway, I've lost 6 lbs with Dr Dukan, am in Cruise phase, and have 12 more to go to my ideal weight!

Jenni Murray has lost 4 stone now - that's 56 lbs!
miss.amaryllis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 09:49 AM   #204

WOW that is a great story and so true, I was in Mexico last year paid a fortune to take y son to swim with the dolphin, everyone held on to their dorsal fin, except me I was too large to ride a 1000 pound mammal, OMG I wanted to die, I got to do some other trick with them, but these big burly men,and me at 300 pounds was too fat!!!

Souffrance is right!!!!!!!!

I want to weigh in stones though, it doesn't sound like much, LOL
Old 06-09-2011, 11:18 AM   #205
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
spyder what all did you eat yesterday on your first PV day? I am nervous to do it on Monday, I want to really study the book, I will be getting home late on Sunday so I want Tony to have my eggs boiled and some of the items I will need in the house.
breakfast- eggs
snack- yogurt and bran
lunch- grilled shrimp and a nice salad
snack- some of the salad and shrimp I could not finish
dinner- chicken tandori with the noodles and onions

I may need to add more veggies, but I was kinda scared of them. I also didn't work out yesterday ,but went to bed early bc I was feeling really tired.
Old 06-09-2011, 11:19 AM   #206

That sounds good I was used to just eating a big salad every night with my dinner, so I guess that is what I will be doing
Old 06-09-2011, 11:46 AM   #207
Senior LCF Member

I try to make dinner my smallest meal, but it doesn't always work out like that.
Old 06-09-2011, 11:49 AM   #208
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:

(Just a quick recommendation again for the book, Total Body Tune-up by Michael Murray, N.D., a naturopathic physician. His chapter on digestion is 40 pages long and full of details and precautions and things you can do to help yourself that I cannot hope to touch on here.)
I am so happy for you. You hung in there and didn't give up.
Old 06-09-2011, 12:48 PM   #209
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Angeleyz777
Stats: 185.6/167.6/150
WOE: HCG RX-Short Round
Start Date: P3 start 10-19-11
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalMT View Post
You are doing wonderfully! Woooo Hoooo!!!

Janet
Thanks Janet! Yesterday was first day of Cruise and I'm up .2lbs..but from what I've been reading that is not unusual. I'm glad to do PP today.
Angeleyz777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 12:52 PM   #210
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Angeleyz777
Stats: 185.6/167.6/150
WOE: HCG RX-Short Round
Start Date: P3 start 10-19-11
Quote:

Wow! 2 lbs is great! So happy for you! Going to check out that book now!!
Angeleyz777 is offline   Reply With Quote