Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Other Plans
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-06-2011, 03:25 PM   #121
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: amazinggrace911
Stats: 190/190/150 -- 5'8"
WOE: Whatever It Takes!!!!!
Start Date: 7/30/2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bejewelme View Post
Lenise the diet has worked very well for you I would be thrilled!!!! Honestly I have hovered around 220 for like weeks, I just want to get into the teens, I have been looking at other sites as well,there are a few with people doing the diet, and recipes and stuff, I tend to like you girls, and the fact that most here seem to be new to this as well. I think everyone posting here has had amazing success, I was so worried about upping the carbs but I am going to let it be as is, and see what happens,
All you can do is try and see what works for you. I think it is a little hard when you have been used to counting carbs since we don't do that. I just try not to think about it at all!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKat View Post
I think whatever works best for you is what you should do. If I re-call he says by the end the weight losses all evened out. Not one group lost more than the other. Whats liveable for you??
Agree!!!! Try it and see!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuzeQ View Post
This is very easy and I am suspicious, but will persevere to the bitter end of the week to view results. If any, I will keep going!
I know what you mean, though. It just seemed too easy. I have done meat and egg fasts before and couldn't stand it. I still think the ff dairy makes the difference!! So far it's working for me!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by momtocj7mea View Post
I have more than two eggs some days, lol. The thing with most diet plans is you have to do what makes it work for you. I am doing a combo of Dukan, Stillman's, and IF, LOL. It might seem crazy but it's what is working and keeping me sane right now. Also, it is my understanding if you keep the fat low, you don't have to stress as much about the carbs and as long as you are under 50 a day, you are in ketosis, maybe not deep ketosis...but still in ketosis.
I don't eat eggs every day, so I'm not going to worry if I have more than two in a day. Do you know where you read about being under 50 carbs?? Good info to have!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LindaCat View Post
Am I missing something here with quantities. When were talking about eggs are we talking about egg whites or the whole egg. I'm eating 3 egg whites for breakfast a day, am I over doing? I thought I hit a wall because I was eating to much yogurt....maybe the eggs are also a problem.
If I remember correctly -- and I'm not promising anything!! -- egg whites are unlimited. But whole eggs are limited to two. Try cutting back on the egg whites and see what happens!

Sponsored Links
Old 06-06-2011, 03:29 PM   #122
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Linda- he says to limit to 2 whole eggs, but you can have as many whites as you want, this first day I am dying looking at the carbs I ate 2 yogurts and 3 glasses of skim milk I was starving which I never am on Atkins!

Are you guys on Facebook? There is a discussion group there, but it mainly references the UK website that coaching thing sounds cool but very expensive!!!!

I was also wondering if he breaks down the % of like fats, protein, carbs, I didnt see that anywhere in the book, I am using ****** to track everything just because I am used to it and want to see how the day stacked up versus what I was eating.
Are you getting enough protein through meats?? That much dairy sounds like a lot to me. I read something in the book last night about the amount of dairy you shouldn't go over, but I can't remember off hand. Anyone know? I'll look later and see, cause it was something new to me. Everytime I read the book I find something new!!

I'm on facebook, but I've not really looked at any groups. The only thing I do on facebook is play games. lol

Don't know if Dukan breaks it down into percentages anywhere or not. Someone else might know.
amazinggrace911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 04:53 PM   #123
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: SoCalMT
Stats: 201/162/135
WOE: JUDDD/Dukan
Quote:
Originally Posted by amazinggrace911 View Post
I know Dr. Dukan says they're to be lean hot dogs, but I just can't stand paying $3 or more for a pack of hot dogs. I usually buy the cheapest chicken or turkey ones I can find. Which is probably why I should only eat them occasionally. But they taste so good off the grill!!! Maybe that's why I'm only down .2 pounds from yesterday!
Hebrew National hot dogs go on sale often and are about $1.50-1.99 a package. I stock up and freeze them.

Janet
SoCalMT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 04:57 PM   #124
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
Lenise the diet has worked very well for you I would be thrilled!!!! Honestly I have hovered around 220 for like weeks, I just want to get into the teens, I have been looking at other sites as well,there are a few with people doing the diet, and recipes and stuff, I tend to like you girls, and the fact that most here seem to be new to this as well. I think everyone posting here has had amazing success, I was so worried about upping the carbs but I am going to let it be as is, and see what happens,
I'm one not having amazing success. I lost 2 pounds on the attack, regained them, lost them again, rinse and repeat. I've also had diarrhea and have finally determined it is the oat bran. Because the oat bran is supposed to help with cholesterol as well as passing calories through undigested, NOT eating it may be a hinderance, although Dr. Dukan says it was not part of the plan originally.

I'm sticking with it . . . not even sure where my loss stands as of today. I'm retaining water like a sponge at the moment and hope once it leaves I'll be happy with the scale.

Janet
Old 06-07-2011, 01:42 AM   #125
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: momtocj7mea
Stats: 282/179/162
WOE: Paleo/Primal..whole foods FTW!
Start Date: 11/30/11
I had the info where I read the under 50 grams of carbs a day info in the original post but the mods removed and I got in trouble, lol. Apparently you can't post it, sorry or I would gladly share the info. A hint would be to look up info on bodybuilding and fat loss
momtocj7mea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 03:30 AM   #126
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Bejewelme
Stats: 350+/221.4/198 (5'10)
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: restarted 9/27/2010
Girls I was 224 this morning, unbelivable!!! I was still expecting more gain from my carb overload on Sunday and then all the carbs yesterday! I am more determined than ever!!!!!!

6/6- Attack start- 225.5
6/7- 224
Bejewelme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 04:57 AM   #127
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: JKat
Start Date: December 2003
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalMT View Post
I'm one not having amazing success. I lost 2 pounds on the attack, regained them, lost them again, rinse and repeat. I've also had diarrhea and have finally determined it is the oat bran. Because the oat bran is supposed to help with cholesterol as well as passing calories through undigested, NOT eating it may be a hinderance, although Dr. Dukan says it was not part of the plan originally.

I'm sticking with it . . . not even sure where my loss stands as of today. I'm retaining water like a sponge at the moment and hope once it leaves I'll be happy with the scale.

Janet
Hi Janet. Lets see some menus from you. Dr. D does mention how your body will fight you with retaining water. It does not want to let go. He also mentions that if you where a yo-yo dieter then you may hang onto that water a bit longer.
JKat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 05:17 AM   #128

I will say I drink over a gallon of water daily and have for months, yesterday was the first I drank 2 quarts of mineral water, if it does something magical I don't know, but that might be worth trying if you have issues with water retention, I blow up too from too many carbs and have to work like crazy getting it off, I am thinking that the no salt is a good thing, didnt think I would like hard boiled eggs without salt but I loaded with pepper and quite tasty, too many processed meats have a lot of sodium too, so if you have issues maybe look at that as well??? Bring on the Big D, I am waiting I get really bound up doing low carb and now this, so maybe the oat bran will start working soon
Old 06-07-2011, 05:39 AM   #129
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: dollkey
Stats: restart 06-11/150.2/150.2/108 ht 4'11"
WOE: Dukan Attack Phase
Start Date: 06/13/11
Sorry I haven't been posting much. I have to stop Dukan for awhile. I have extreme dry skin around and on my lips and the dermatologist says it's an allergic reaction to... she basically says everything I've ever eaten on LC chicken, egg, seafood to name a few. I was planning on eating a lot of chicken during Dukan because it's easy to cook and always tastes good. So I'm gonna hold off again.

bejewelme, I have nothing to say except DAYUM! Yes, you get a 2-syllable damn.
dollkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 05:45 AM   #130

TY Dollkey I am more than convinced that ANYONE can lose weight if I could!!!! Especially young kids, I think why didn't I get this sooner???????? Instead of waiting til after 40, but I know there is something in your head that gives you the will to do it, why it happened for me finally I don't know, but I am glad it did!!!! It is just making the right choices over and over, but I slip up too, and it is a matter of getting back on the horse right away and not letting it derail you. Consistent exercise and water!
Old 06-07-2011, 06:39 AM   #131
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: LivinLoCarb
WOE: Dukan
Start Date: May 10, 2011
Digestion

Hi everyone and welcome to all the new folks! I've been quiet for a while. The digestion problems that started for me within days of starting this diet have continued to be a problem. For a while, I cut out all oatbran, dairy, and seafood and the problem went away for a little while, but then came back WITHOUT re-introducing these foods.

Yesterday, I studied the digestion chapter in the book Total Body Tune-Up by Michael Murray, ND, my favorite naturopathic physician. From his descriptions, I believe I have low gastric acid production, and I have begun supplements of HCL and Pepsin, both of which are essential for the digestion of protein. This would explain why the introduction of more protein would be giving me such a hard time. After starting HCL (gastric acid) yesterday, my symptoms started improving, and I slept a full 10 hours last night!

I'm mentioning this because others may be having problems with digestion and food allergies that may have worsened with this diet.

Last edited by LivinLoCarb; 06-07-2011 at 06:47 AM..
LivinLoCarb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 06:48 AM   #132
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: spydermonkey511
Today is the first day with no loss. I'm wondering if it is the hot dog I had yesterday. I guess I will see tomorrow.
spydermonkey511 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 08:44 AM   #133
Senior LCF Member

Can't believe it!!!! I'm in the 210's!!!! Yeah!!!! Down 1.2 from yesterday to 219.2!!! I felt so stuffed after dinner last night that I thought for sure I was going to be up today. Thankful I'm not!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by momtocj7mea View Post
I had the info where I read the under 50 grams of carbs a day info in the original post but the mods removed and I got in trouble, lol. Apparently you can't post it, sorry or I would gladly share the info. A hint would be to look up info on bodybuilding and fat loss
Okay. Thanks for the tip. I'll look it up.

Quote:
Girls I was 224 this morning, unbelivable!!! I was still expecting more gain from my carb overload on Sunday and then all the carbs yesterday! I am more determined than ever!!!!!!
You can do it!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dollkey View Post
Sorry I haven't been posting much. I have to stop Dukan for awhile. I have extreme dry skin around and on my lips and the dermatologist says it's an allergic reaction to... she basically says everything I've ever eaten on LC chicken, egg, seafood to name a few. I was planning on eating a lot of chicken during Dukan because it's easy to cook and always tastes good. So I'm gonna hold off again.
Sorry to hear about your allergies. Hope you're able to get it all figured all. And still come and post with us anyway!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LivinLoCarb View Post
Yesterday, I studied the digestion chapter in the book Total Body Tune-Up by Michael Murray, ND, my favorite naturopathic physician. From his descriptions, I believe I have low gastric acid production, and I have begun supplements of HCL and Pepsin, both of which are essential for the digestion of protein. This would explain why the introduction of more protein would be giving me such a hard time. After starting HCL (gastric acid) yesterday, my symptoms started improving, and I slept a full 10 hours last night
Hope you get it all figured out. I don't think any diet is right for every single person. We each have to figure out what is best for us -- because we all have pre-existing things that can affect how we lose weight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by spydermonkey511 View Post
Today is the first day with no loss. I'm wondering if it is the hot dog I had yesterday. I guess I will see tomorrow.
Think positive. There was no gain. And even a small gain I don't think is bad. Our body weight fluctuates daily. But hopefully that means you'll have a decent loss tomorrow!!
Old 06-07-2011, 08:53 AM   #134
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: SuzeQ
Stats: 5'2"/75 years old 169/160/135
WOE: Anything that works!
Start Date: June 6, 2011
Sounds to me that the amount of carbs in dairy is a question for us. If you have 3oz of fat free (8) half and half for coffee, plus one greek yogurt with fruit pulp (19), 1.5T oat bran (17), and one cup low fat cottage cheese (6) that comes to just about 50 net carbs. On Cruise adding the veggies will up it even more. I don't have the book but would like to know what Dukan says about the carbs if anything. He just says not to eat carrots too often because of the carb count. Makes sense there.

I usually don't eat plain yogurt, but I only have it once a day so the fruit pulp is allowed according to what I have read. Just because I don't trust this plan just yet I am still putting it in to ****** while also just eating until full. At some point I will stop the ****** probably. Meanwhile I am continuing this until next Monday which is a full 7 days. As a rule I don't crave salads, veggies, sweets, or fruit daily. I do, however, crave bread, potatoes etc. Everyone's different!

No walk yesterday, Pilates on the reformer today. In Oregon it is still rainy, and I'm not a hard core Oregonian who walks in wind and rain. Tomorrow will be a walk, maybe with Leslie Sansone if the weather is yucky again.

Last edited by SuzeQ; 06-07-2011 at 08:56 AM..
SuzeQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 09:09 AM   #135
Senior LCF Member

Actually we are not to count carbs on the DD. Though I did find this:

"Our two Attack and Cruise weight loss diets proved that the presence of lactose does not lessen the pure protein diet's performance and that nonfat milk products, as your only source of fresh and creamy tastes, can be eaten without limit, or at least without exceeding around 1-1/2 pounds (675 grams) per day." (pg 107 USA version)

I think @15 oz of milk = 1 pound.
Old 06-07-2011, 10:08 AM   #136

Oh man I am exceeding that again, a glass of milk is really 2 cups and yogurt and the milk in my coffee i am getting like 4 servings of dairy, but I like it so I will keep going with it, I am shocked I lost with all the diary yesterday, so I am hopeful it will keep coming off. Yeah the grams/pounds/ounces is a real pain, LOL

I ate 3 eggs this morning hardboiled and that held me to lunch time, where I had a chicken breast and glass of milk, but I am already thinking about the yogurt but am going to wait til after the gym to eat eat it, some almonds were starring me down!!!!
Old 06-07-2011, 11:24 AM   #137
Senior LCF Member

As we're heavier, it might make a difference as to the amount of dairy. Maybe later on might have to cut back a bit. But I think right now that it helps so much for variety.

Nuts and cheese -- I miss them, but I'm not craving them. Woohoo!!
Old 06-07-2011, 11:30 AM   #138
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: SuzeQ
Stats: 5'2"/75 years old 169/160/135
WOE: Anything that works!
Start Date: June 6, 2011
So, then, this is actually not a classic LC diet, and when you go on to Cruise the fact that you are eating more like 60-80 carbs daily isn't a problem. Sounds good to me. I think if I lose this week I will only have veggies for one meal a day after going on to Cruise.
SuzeQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 11:33 AM   #139

Yeah it is funny normally I crave sugar like something sweet, I am craving nuts, cheese and bacon, and avocado, LOL

You are 5'8 what did they calculate for your Ideal weight, if you dont mind me asking? I was hoping to get to like 175-180 and then with surgery and the skin removal settle close to 150, they said 198 for me, I was like geez that is getting close, and that is what my doctor said, I am still going to be a big girl at that number, I think having been heavy for so long is a big factor and I know I have issues where a little cheat really packs the weight on me???
Old 06-07-2011, 11:35 AM   #140
Senior LCF Member

That's what I have been doing. Mainly veggies at one meal on my PV day. Now yesterday at lunch I did have a piece of lettuce and tomato with my burger and then veggies in my chili. But the other days on Cruise I have just had veggies at my dinner meal. I'm not an early morning person, so I don't eat my breakfast (yogurt mix) until about 10 or so. Today I overslept because it was so overcast outside, so I didn't get breakfast until 11:30!!! Will probably just have a snack this afternoon and then dinner tonight. Today is a PP day for me.

So no, this is not a typical low carb diet. But it's still low carb compared to the normal diet! lol
Old 06-07-2011, 11:37 AM   #141
Senior LCF Member

I think my ideal weight was in the 160's. I'd like to be around 150, which is still 15 pounds higher than my lowest weight ever. I think it's whatever we get to and feel comfortable with.
Old 06-07-2011, 11:54 AM   #142

I think I was 150 at birth, LOL Yeah weight is such a weird thing, I just want to be a size 10/12 I think that no one considers that plus sized, 14's are still in the iffy range.
Old 06-07-2011, 12:09 PM   #143
Senior LCF Member

I wore a size 14 when I weighed about 195. Of course, they were a little snug, but I got them on!!!! lol
Old 06-07-2011, 12:53 PM   #144
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: JKat
Start Date: December 2003
I am having a hungry day! Nothing seems to be satisfying me. More water!!! Maybe a soda will do the trick
JKat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 01:33 PM   #145
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
I will say I drink over a gallon of water daily and have for months, yesterday was the first I drank 2 quarts of mineral water, if it does something magical I don't know, but that might be worth trying if you have issues with water retention, I blow up too from too many carbs and have to work like crazy getting it off, I am thinking that the no salt is a good thing, didnt think I would like hard boiled eggs without salt but I loaded with pepper and quite tasty, too many processed meats have a lot of sodium too, so if you have issues maybe look at that as well??? Bring on the Big D, I am waiting I get really bound up doing low carb and now this, so maybe the oat bran will start working soon
I have heart problems, so when I'm on my feet too long I retain a LOT of water for a few days. I've retained as much as 15 pounds of water, but usually it's more like 4-5 pounds. It will go away sooner or later.

Janet
Old 06-07-2011, 01:37 PM   #146
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
Hi everyone and welcome to all the new folks! I've been quiet for a while. The digestion problems that started for me within days of starting this diet have continued to be a problem. For a while, I cut out all oatbran, dairy, and seafood and the problem went away for a little while, but then came back WITHOUT re-introducing these foods.

Yesterday, I studied the digestion chapter in the book Total Body Tune-Up by Michael Murray, ND, my favorite naturopathic physician. From his descriptions, I believe I have low gastric acid production, and I have begun supplements of HCL and Pepsin, both of which are essential for the digestion of protein. This would explain why the introduction of more protein would be giving me such a hard time. After starting HCL (gastric acid) yesterday, my symptoms started improving, and I slept a full 10 hours last night!

I'm mentioning this because others may be having problems with digestion and food allergies that may have worsened with this diet.
Thanks so much for this info. I thought I'd pinpointed my diarrhea to oat bran, but after stopping it for several days I have that problem again. I'm going to look into the HCL and pepsin.

Janet

Last edited by SoCalMT; 06-07-2011 at 01:40 PM.. Reason: typo
Old 06-07-2011, 02:02 PM   #147
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
...I have that problem again. I'm going to look into the HCL and pepsin...
Sooner or later, we are going to get this figured out!
Old 06-07-2011, 02:03 PM   #148

So I got Hebrew National Dogs, $5.99 here, good grief but at least they were buy one get one free, now what is the deal with frozen yogurt? I found some fat free, zero fat, 20 carbs, but man it is looking good!!!!!

Found pure turkey hot dogs, 2 carbs, .5 fat, looks sort of wierd and nasty as they are white, but might be worth a try, LOL I might have to make some and take them to the city, I can see me on the subway with my hotdogs, yogurt and hard boiled eggs, LOL
Old 06-07-2011, 02:28 PM   #149
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
Sooner or later, we are going to get this figured out!
My DH thinks it is too much yogurt. Boy, I hope not! I love my yogurt!
Old 06-07-2011, 03:32 PM   #150
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
My DH thinks it is too much yogurt. Boy, I hope not! I love my yogurt!
Yogurt, especially Fage with its 3 kinds of friendly bacteria, has been a big help to me in restoring normalcy after an 'episode'. It just has not solved the ongoing problem.

And when my children were infants, the pediatrician told me to give small amounts of live yogurt to them to counteract the diarrhea that comes with antibiotics.

If your problem is yogurt, it would be a big surprise to me.

Trial and error. We'll get there.