Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Other Plans
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-04-2011, 06:00 AM   #61
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: amazinggrace911
Stats: 230.8/159.2/150 -- 5'8"
WOE: Whatever It Takes!!!!!
Start Date: 05/24/2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by itsmeshelly01 View Post
Lenise I'm ask sorry about your kitty. That's horrible. I don't know what I'll do if and when my babygirl leaves me.
I'm not doing too good this morning. I'm getting a cold and my throat hurts, I'm sneezing, I couldn't sleep because I was so sniffly and then to top it off I was up 2lbs this morning. I stayed on plan last night. I had turkey breast from the local grocery store deli. I did eat the couple of pieces of romaine that comes under it and then I had a couple of spoonfuls of yogurt mixed with my sf jello. I don't know what out could be. the only thing I can think it is is that I have been doing more strength training this week. I don't know. Maybe I'm holding onto water because of that and then the cold coming on. I'm silk gonna go to cruise today though just because I want a salad later.
For breakfast yesterday I made a chocolate pancake and it was wonderful. I put a small amount of nonfat cream cheese on top of it. Yummy!
Thanks Shelly!! I hope you're feeling better today!! Just keep on with the diet and it'll come back off. Sometimes it's hard to tell with one or two days of gain. But I know the feeling. I want a loss everyday. But I think there's a lot that affects our weight that we don't even realize.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bejewelme View Post
Hi girls, I was excited to see this thread, I have lost 130 pounds on Atkins and I am stuck, so stuck!!! I am exercising 6 days a week, cardio and weights, and doing the couch to 5K, 3 days a week, I stick to about 25 net carbs and less than 1400 calories, I have got to try something, I found this diet, and was surprised my ideal weight is 198, exactly what my doctor told me!! I was thinking I needed to get to 170 or so, so I feel encouraged, I have not weighed less than 200 since I was probably 13, and I am 42!! I so want to be in the 100's, I am getting married in October and really want to weigh less than my fiancee! LOL

So I am going shopping today to stock up, I am so excited about skim milk, and yogurt, yum, I am worried about what it might do but seeing you guys having success gives me hope!!!!

At this point I want the darn scale to move, I have been bouncing the same 4 pounds around for weeks, and I am exercising like a darn fool!!!!!

Really glad to have some support and a place to have questions answered!!!!

Amber
Welcome Amber!! Wow!! You've done great on Atkins. Might be your body just needs something different. I'm really enjoying the nonfat yogurt here. To me it makes a big difference! How much more do you need to lose to get to goal??

Amazingly enough, I had a 1.8 pound loss this morning!!! Still can't believe it. Now I know that all wasn't from yesterday. I have to remember to stick to plan and not worry about the daily losses. I keep track so I can see over a period of a week how much I've lost. So that makes a total of 9.2 pounds lost so far over 11 days!! Yahoo!!

Have a wonderful day!!

Sponsored Links
Old 06-04-2011, 06:01 AM   #62
Senior LCF Member

Whoops! I see in your stats where you are. Sorry Amber!!
amazinggrace911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2011, 06:41 AM   #63
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: LindaCat
Stats: +20/-15.6/goal
WOE: Dukan Diet
Start Date: 5/8/11
Aww Lenise, so sorry about your kitty.

I was just over on the dukan board found a nice "bread recipe" I think they called it toast. I'm going to give it a try this weekend, I'll let you know how it comes out.

I've been eating way to much yogurt this week, its just so easy to grab out of the refrig.

I'm getting my first mammogram today and then meeting my x boyfriend for coffee. We just broke up in March, no big fight just fizzled. I dont know what to think about the coffee date, but I am feeling a little unsettle about it.

Have a great day! stay on plan!
5/15: 152.8 5/22: 150.0
5/29: 150.2 6/06: 149.4
6/12: 149.4 6/19: 147.6
6/26: 147.6 7/03: 146.8
7/10: 146.6 7/17: 145.8
«·´¨*·.* Smoke Free Since 4/26/06 *.·*¨`·»
LindaCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2011, 08:02 AM   #64
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: JKat
Start Date: December 2003
Good Morning everyone!

I had some bad news about my dad...He has been dx with cancer and I was sad yesterday I just cried. Got it all out and now ready to fight!! So is HE! I did not binge...It was a small victory but in the past I would of eaten anything in front of me. My DH helped by saying you know that is not going to help you!!

I am in cruise but have not seen the scale move. Today is day #5 of cruise so I need to give it some time. I am down a total of 3pounds since starting. I am also very close to goal and had my period this week.

Lenise So sorry about your kitty!! Amimals become a part of our hearts and family.

I have been making a protein and oat bran pancake. I use the 1.5tablspoon of oat bran, 1egg, chocolate whey 1scoop, vanilla, splenda, cocoa and 1tsp baking powder. Its is really filling. I need to check if I can go up to 2tablspoons during cruise. I have to re-read.
Old 06-04-2011, 08:03 AM   #65
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: JKat
Start Date: December 2003
Linda...Let us know how the bread goes!

Hi Amber...Welcome!!
JKat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2011, 08:44 AM   #66
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Bejewelme
Stats: 350+/221.4/198 (5'10)
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: restarted 9/27/2010
Well I did my first ever spin class, whew that was hard, then went to the store, and how funny to not buy produce and bacon, LOL I got the chobani non fat plain yogurt, and gallon of skim milk for here and a half gallon for work, I am so excited I grew up in PA Dutch Country and I miss milk!!! Drove the lady in the deli nuts reading all the labels of lunch meat, I think I did well, all fat free, no nitrate and low sodium, I got ham, chicken and turkey. I have a huge pork loin and 8 chicken breasts for honey to grill, so then the oat bran, apparently tons of people are doing this diet, the grocery store was out so I went to the health food store, one box left, so I hope they can get more in.

Do you guys eat the pancake or just throw in yogurt? Can I add protein powder to yogurt on attack? I am thinking I better not, I work out alot though so that is why I was thinking maybe I need it??
Old 06-04-2011, 09:20 AM   #67
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: SuzeQ
Stats: 5'2"/74 years old 169/159/135
WOE: Anything that works!
Start Date: June 6, 2011
Hello to everyone! I am jumping in on Monday AM. Can you eat turkey sausage in the Attack Phase???

My own experience with LC is that I have to watch my calories. If I eat according to Atkins I don't lose weight probably due to the high fat which of course adds calories. No brainer there but it does make doing the diet more difficult. I will at least give this an honest try before resorting to the "Biggest Loser Meal Plan Delivery". Have to lose 35lbs and I will do anything that actually works.
SuzeQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2011, 09:23 AM   #68

Suze- I will be there with ya, I am going to do this for 5 days and see what happens!!!!
Bejewelme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2011, 09:25 AM   #69
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKat View Post
Good Morning everyone!

I had some bad news about my dad...He has been dx with cancer and I was sad yesterday I just cried. Got it all out and now ready to fight!! So is HE! I did not binge...It was a small victory but in the past I would of eaten anything in front of me. My DH helped by saying you know that is not going to help you!!

I am in cruise but have not seen the scale move. Today is day #5 of cruise so I need to give it some time. I am down a total of 3pounds since starting. I am also very close to goal and had my period this week.

Lenise So sorry about your kitty!! Amimals become a part of our hearts and family.

I have been making a protein and oat bran pancake. I use the 1.5tablspoon of oat bran, 1egg, chocolate whey 1scoop, vanilla, splenda, cocoa and 1tsp baking powder. Its is really filling. I need to check if I can go up to 2tablspoons during cruise. I have to re-read.
So sorry about your Dad, my dad has been going through cancer procedures for much of the past year. He's tired but fighting every step of the way. I'll keep you both in my prayers.
Old 06-04-2011, 09:28 AM   #70
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Well I did my first ever spin class, whew that was hard, then went to the store, and how funny to not buy produce and bacon, LOL I got the chobani non fat plain yogurt, and gallon of skim milk for here and a half gallon for work, I am so excited I grew up in PA Dutch Country and I miss milk!!! Drove the lady in the deli nuts reading all the labels of lunch meat, I think I did well, all fat free, no nitrate and low sodium, I got ham, chicken and turkey. I have a huge pork loin and 8 chicken breasts for honey to grill, so then the oat bran, apparently tons of people are doing this diet, the grocery store was out so I went to the health food store, one box left, so I hope they can get more in.

Do you guys eat the pancake or just throw in yogurt? Can I add protein powder to yogurt on attack? I am thinking I better not, I work out alot though so that is why I was thinking maybe I need it??
I make a crepe out the pancake and fill it with sweetened cottage cheese or there is a terrific muffin recipe on the recipe thread. I wasnt to crazy about the texture in my yogurt.
Old 06-04-2011, 09:30 AM   #71
Senior LCF Member

Welcome Suze, I did Atkins awhile back. When I started looking at low carb again all the Atkins fat didnt seem so appealing to me. And all the FF dairy on this plan is yum. Good Luck hope to see you around.

OH and I love spin. I do a class every monday kicks my butt, but I love it!

Last edited by LindaCat; 06-04-2011 at 09:31 AM..
Old 06-04-2011, 03:47 PM   #72

Linda- I see you gave up smoking to, that is my final crutch I am so afraid to quit and eat, but all this working out I know I would do so much better kicking it, I have an ecig with a zero nicotine cartridge I have to do that too, all this weight loss and exercise and I am killing myself with those!!!
Old 06-04-2011, 03:55 PM   #73
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Linda- I see you gave up smoking to, that is my final crutch I am so afraid to quit and eat, but all this working out I know I would do so much better kicking it, I have an ecig with a zero nicotine cartridge I have to do that too, all this weight loss and exercise and I am killing myself with those!!!
Quiting was the easy part, not eating was the hard part. You really just have to do it. I had a friend who made herself drink water everytime she wanted a cigarette and she never gained an ounce. Even if you do gain a few pounds you'll take them off again and you'll be so much healthier. Get yourself settled into the eating plan and then go for it.
Old 06-04-2011, 04:05 PM   #74
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Seabreezes
Stats: 191/162/160
WOE: Low Carb ala JUDDD
Start Date: Seems like forever - restart June '11
i bought the book at Costco the other day and have started to read it. I have done a lot of low carb, but seem to need a jump start. I hope this helps. I have read all of your posts from the last set and now the June one. You all sound like such neat ladies, I have really enjoyed getting to "meet" you.

I am probably the elder of the group, but still keep active. Looking forward to posting great results.
Seabreezes is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2011, 05:18 PM   #75
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LindaCat View Post
I was just over on the dukan board found a nice "bread recipe" I think they called it toast. I'm going to give it a try this weekend, I'll let you know how it comes out.
Definitely let us know!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKat View Post

Will be praying for your father!!! And yes, you can have 2 T. of oat bran during cruise.

Quote:
Well I did my first ever spin class, whew that was hard . . .

Okay, what is spin class???? Try your oat bran different ways. We all do different things. Not sure about the protein powder.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuzeQ View Post
Hello to everyone! I am jumping in on Monday AM. Can you eat turkey sausage in the Attack Phase???

It's turkey and that's okay, but I would think the sausage would be a little bit fattier. But you can try and see what happens. I've been eating a few pieces of turkey bacon, and I've read others have trouble with the bacon.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seabreezes View Post
i bought the book at Costco the other day and have started to read it. I have done a lot of low carb, but seem to need a jump start. I hope this helps. I have read all of your posts from the last set and now the June one. You all sound like such neat ladies, I have really enjoyed getting to "meet" you.

I am probably the elder of the group, but still keep active. Looking forward to posting great results.
Looking forward to getting to know you too!! Welcome and have fun!!!
Old 06-04-2011, 05:21 PM   #76
Senior LCF Member

Went with a friend to Cabela's in Wheeling WV. Had a wonderful day and got some walking in. Had a buffalo burger for lunch. Ended up doing a PV day today. Just awfully tired tonight. May go up and relax in bed and watch a movie.
Old 06-05-2011, 06:18 AM   #77
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: miss.amaryllis
Stats: 10st 2lbs - ideal 8st 12 lbs, now 8st 3lbs
WOE: The Dukan Diet
Start Date: 2nd June 2011
Today is Day 4 of 5 days of Attack Phase. I've lost 2 lbs, and the nice thing is my skin looks really clear and fresh.

But who would think I now have a craving for cabbage? Soon! Soon!
miss.amaryllis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2011, 06:20 AM   #78

Miss Amaryllis- that is great you are very small as it is so a 2 pound loss is really great, I swear I cant wait for tomorrow to start!!!! big party today so I knew I better wait, so some cake might pass my lips, LOL
Old 06-05-2011, 07:44 AM   #79
Senior LCF Member

I noticed when I put tomorrow's meals in ****** that the total carbs are certainly higher than Atkins. So, it's low fat, but moderate carb and high protein. 57% protein, 28% carb, 18% fat. Interesting. Have any of you taken a look at this? When I get on to Cruise the carbs will go up even further. It is the yogurt of course, and although I only added one plus the bran that makes the difference. It is so good though that I would love to be able to keep eating it.
Old 06-05-2011, 07:47 AM   #80
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by miss.amaryllis View Post
Today is Day 4 of 5 days of Attack Phase. I've lost 2 lbs, and the nice thing is my skin looks really clear and fresh.

But who would think I now have a craving for cabbage? Soon! Soon!
I can think of better things to crave!! But at least it's something you can eat!! I haven't really craved anything at all, which to me is really strange. I've ate slightly off plan a few times, but I've been out and not had much choice. My daughter even offered me some peanut m&m's the other day (which I absolutely love!!) and I just had no desire for them! Yahoo!!

Quote:
Miss Amaryllis- that is great you are very small as it is so a 2 pound loss is really great, I swear I cant wait for tomorrow to start!!!! big party today so I knew I better wait, so some cake might pass my lips, LOL
Just make sure it's not much and watch you calories for the day. I love that we have that option!!
Old 06-05-2011, 07:48 AM   #81
Senior LCF Member

Feeling pretty good today!!! Down another pound and TOM started this morning!!! Not bad!!

My brother has the baby here this morning, so I'll be back later. Just wanted to eat breakfast and say good morning!
Old 06-05-2011, 08:49 AM   #82
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuzeQ View Post
I noticed when I put tomorrow's meals in ****** that the total carbs are certainly higher than Atkins. So, it's low fat, but moderate carb and high protein. 57% protein, 28% carb, 18% fat. Interesting. Have any of you taken a look at this? When I get on to Cruise the carbs will go up even further. It is the yogurt of course, and although I only added one plus the bran that makes the difference. It is so good though that I would love to be able to keep eating it.

Hi Suze, I haven't put my food in ******. I almost did the other day when someone said they only had 1000 calories which really concerned me. Right now, for me, the beauty of the plan is no counting..nothing no cals, carbs or points.
Old 06-05-2011, 08:55 AM   #83
Senior LCF Member

I'm in the mist of my weekly cook fest. So far I've made the baked turkey meatballs, the spinach feta burgers, muffins, 7 plain egg white omlettes (I add filling when I'm ready to eat or take to work) and few of the gallete's. I'm working on two different kinds of chicken right now. I have to get to the store and pick up a few things then I'll drain my yogurt and make the bread recipe I found. I'll just need to add veggies on my PV days and I'm good for the week.

Have a wonderful day ladies....and stay on plan.
Old 06-05-2011, 08:59 AM   #84
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: miss.amaryllis
Stats: 10st 2lbs - ideal 8st 12 lbs, now 8st 3lbs
WOE: The Dukan Diet
Start Date: 2nd June 2011
Quote:
That is so sweet of you Bejewelme (love the name) but I am currently a bit fatter... that avatar picture is of me in good-ish shape at my son's passing-out parade. (I thought I would burst with pride that day!)

Since then, a stone and two pounds have crept on.

An old school friend recommended the Dukan Diet. She lived in France for many years, and saw her friends use the diet, then herself lost weight successfully when she hit that I-am-fifty stage. She was always the school glamourpuss - so I reckoned a good authority!

I have got to look good to attend a wedding next month. The Mother of the Bride is one of those dreadful Always Speak Your Mind people.

I am missing adding salt to my PP. I love salty food!

I do hope your day passes with no cake passing your lips! Think how upset Dr Dukan would be. Can't you just imagine the tears in his lovely brown eyes?
miss.amaryllis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2011, 10:05 AM   #85
Senior LCF Member

Can I come to your house, Linda?!?! lol. Everything sounds good. DH is going to grill today -- chicken, burgers, hot dogs and a roast. Now I just need to find room in the fridge for all the leftovers!!

I've put my foods in ****** a few days -- the days I went off plan -- just to make sure my calorie were down. Otherwise, I don't do so. Though I love ******'s weight charts. I love being able to see how I'm going down compared to my goal.

Going to go to the store to get some oat bran -- used the last this morning. And take dd and friend swimming out at camp where I used to work.
Old 06-05-2011, 10:51 AM   #86
Senior LCF Member

I love hot dogs, what kind are permissable?
Old 06-05-2011, 11:19 AM   #87
Senior LCF Member

Linda: For the hot dogs try Hebrew National Fat Free Beef hotdogs. They are good and allowable!

Also, regarding my post about daily carbs, does the book address anywhere that it is not a low carb diet??? Just curious because with yogurt and veggies you would be at over 60 grams a day. That in itself isn't bad since the fat is low, and in fact South Beach diet is low in fat I believe. It all gets really confusing.

Last edited by SuzeQ; 06-05-2011 at 11:24 AM..
Old 06-05-2011, 03:37 PM   #88

Oh girls I was dreadful today of course I saw like 50 people who were in awe of all the weight I lost, so then as if to prove I am normal I dont know I ate, everything in sight, drank 2 bloody mary's, and of course a dessert bar a mile long, it was terrible, but the highlight was it was the first time in my life I was truly sick and bloated from the carbs, so me and Mr. Dukan better have a lovely romance tomorrow when I start this, in my sickened state I got out the book and reread the whole attack phase!!! I am ready, maybe I wanted to give him a little extra challenge, LOL Tonight is my running night, and it is hot so I will be paying for this, I get so mad at myself, and then my BF says, I guess you have no fully developed self control, as he sat there watching me inject carb after carb and of course he was right, which ticked me off more, LOL

I am going to use ****** too, he never says it is low carb, just devoid of empty carbs, and the calculations are probably right for you, I will enter in ****** cause I always do, on days like this I just write in the journal column, carb meltdown, LOL

I am going to make up the galettes in advance I am glad I saw that you guys do that!

Amaryllis- you will get that weight off, and miss smarty pants is going to want to know how you got so hot!!!!!!

Ok girls be scared here is a before I was more than 350 pounds, I was going to have my tubes tied in 2005, and when they weighed me for the preop the scale went to 350 and they said I was going to have to use the truck scale in the loading dock, I was so mortified I ran out, and never did have the surgery, that is when I started Atkins and lost 70 pounds, I got to 280 and then for 5 years gained and lost the same 25 or so pounds, I was 300.5 on 9/27/10 when I said I was restarting, so I lost 80 since then, so a total of 130 pounds! I have been hovering around 220-222 for several weeks even with all the workouts, so I am hopeful this will help!!!

34" thighs!!!! Good grief, what an unhappy marriage will do to you! THen I hit 40 and got the smart pill, LOL I will be 43 in September, I want to be under 200 by then so I will have lost 150 pounds!!!

This was last night!

thighs are now 20" have a lot of skin issues, had my arms done in April, when I get to about 180 I am going to have my tummy tuck and boobs done, I went from a 46DDD to a 40 Long, LOL- the plastic surgeon said I have 18-21 pounds of residual stomach skin and tissue, it is nasty thank goodness for spanx!!!!

Last edited by Bejewelme; 06-05-2011 at 03:40 PM..
Old 06-05-2011, 03:56 PM   #89
Senior LCF Member

I just made lemon jello fluff, orange jello fluff and revolution type rolls. Posted in the recipe thread. I also sweetened some ff cream cheese to put on the muffins I made earlier....oh I guess I should post that one since its slightly different then we already have.

Now I'm running to the store to try and find those hot dogs.
Old 06-05-2011, 05:55 PM   #90
Senior LCF Member

Bejewelme, those are awesome pictures, and your honest sense of humor is just great!
I don't have as much to lose, but can only hope my progress ever approaches yours!