Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Other Plans
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-19-2011, 03:05 AM   #421
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: LindaCat
Stats: +20/-15.6/goal
WOE: Dukan Diet
Start Date: 5/8/11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amélie View Post
subscribing!
LindaCat is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 06-19-2011, 04:13 AM   #422
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Bejewelme
Stats: 350+/221.4/198 (5'10)
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: restarted 9/27/2010
Girls- 219 even, that is (-6.5 since Monday) oh man I am excited, finally I resisted all that temptation and it paid off, gym today, the running killed me last night, I don't think I can run on spin days my legs are too tired, LOL And the heat was oppressive, so sticking with the gym today! My victory, I think I can now fit in any size boots, my calves are 17" those darn huge things, now look out winter, boots are my fav!!!

The gym is starting Zumba classes finally, so Fri night at 5:30 they are having Happy Hour Zumba, I have no rhythm but I figure it will be fun to try!!!
Old 06-19-2011, 07:42 AM   #423
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bejewelme View Post
Girls- 219 even, that is (-6.5 since Monday) oh man I am excited, finally I resisted all that temptation and it paid off, gym today, the running killed me last night, I don't think I can run on spin days my legs are too tired, LOL And the heat was oppressive, so sticking with the gym today! My victory, I think I can now fit in any size boots, my calves are 17" those darn huge things, now look out winter, boots are my fav!!!

The gym is starting Zumba classes finally, so Fri night at 5:30 they are having Happy Hour Zumba, I have no rhythm but I figure it will be fun to try!!!
Great Job!!!
Old 06-19-2011, 07:50 AM   #424
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: amazinggrace911
Stats: 190/190/150 -- 5'8"
WOE: Whatever It Takes!!!!!
Start Date: 7/30/2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amélie View Post
subscribing!
Welcome and join in the fun!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dollkey View Post
Ugh. I had half a thin slice of cake. I did not like it all! I feel bad for slipping for that. It was so not good.
It's not worth it, is it?!?! Those sweets just don't taste the same now!

Quote:
You did it Amber!!! Way to go!!! You'll be passing me up before you know it!!

I'm at 215.8 again today!! Glad of that, but I am planning a cheat today. DH decided he wants to go out instead of grilling, so we'll be going to a local mexican restaurant. I'll try not to eat many nachos, but I am going to have cheese. Whatever the dish is with meat, green peppers and loads of wonderful mexican cheese melted all over is what I'll get. I'll just keep my calories low at my other meals today. I'm sure with the salt I'll be up some tomorrow, but it'll come back off quickly. PP tomorrow for sure!!!

Hope everyone has a wonderful father's day with there dads and hubbys or boyfriends!! And if there are any males lurking and reading the thread, Happy Fathers Day to you!!
Old 06-19-2011, 01:11 PM   #425

Girls I posted in the recipe threads, look for Lowrey marinades many are ) fat or 1 gram and low carbs, I am marinating trout that Tony caught yesterday in the garlic herb and they have one for beef and pork we tried and really liked! I am going to make the goji muffins tonight and post and tell you how the are!

Lenise- eat a huge melted hunk of cheese for me!!!!

My cheat today is a small bloody mary extra spicy!!!! Zero fat but 6 carbs oh man does it taste good!!!!
Bejewelme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2011, 07:58 PM   #426
Senior LCF Member

Trout sounds excellent!!

I think I ate enough cheese for everyone!! I just love the mexican cheese they use on their nachos. It is amazing!!! Actually I think I did really good with my cheat day today. I had milk for breakfast since I slept till 10 am! And then we ate a late lunch/early dinner about 3. I haven't been hungry tonight at all. But I didn't stuff myself either at lunch/dinner. I even bought a pack of m&m's this afternoon, which I always have to have after eating mexican food, and I couldn't even eat them all. Gave some to hubby and threw the rest out. They just tasted sickenly sweet. Not very good at all!! Yeah!! Improvement!!

I hope everyone had a great Father's Day!!
amazinggrace911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2011, 09:48 PM   #427
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: dollkey
Stats: restart 06-11/150.2/150.2/108 ht 4'11"
WOE: Dukan Attack Phase
Start Date: 06/13/11
I made the ginger cookies Very bitter and like card board. I didn't have any yogurt, maybe that's why it was so dry. What to sub for it? I think the baking soda made it bitter too. I can't eat any one of them.

Last edited by dollkey; 06-19-2011 at 09:49 PM..
dollkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 03:55 AM   #428
Senior LCF Member

Happy Monday Ladies,

I hope everyone had a nice fathers day and stayed as close to plan as possible.

I did all my cooking over the weekend for the week so I should be good with my meals.

I'm headed out to work .... and the Monday morning crawl....gotta love NJ traffic.

Have a great day!!
Old 06-20-2011, 06:01 AM   #429
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: spydermonkey511
Quote:
I made the ginger cookies Very bitter and like card board. I didn't have any yogurt, maybe that's why it was so dry. What to sub for it? I think the baking soda made it bitter too. I can't eat any one of them.
Man I'm sorry. I liked them and mine were very soft. You may try it with the cinnamon.
spydermonkey511 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 06:03 AM   #430
Senior LCF Member

This weekend I ate completely on track and this morning I'm down 2lbs since Friday. Only 18.7 lbs to go to my true weight. Hope you all had a good weekend!
Old 06-20-2011, 06:19 AM   #431
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: LivinLoCarb
WOE: Dukan
Start Date: May 10, 2011
So happy to see everyone is doing well!

I am so pleased! We were out of town for Father's Day and ate in restaurants 3 times. This morning, I am DOWN 0.8 lbs:

-- late morning at McDonald's, I ordered a regular hamburger and unsweet iced tea. I removed the buns, eating only the burger.

-- at Red Robin Restaurant, ordered the Natural Burger wrapped in lettuce with a side of broccoli and unsweet tea.

-- at Chili's, ordered Salmon Fillet with no butter, no rice, and double broccoli (the salmon and broccoli were deliciously prepared!) and a Diet Coke.

Last edited by LivinLoCarb; 06-20-2011 at 06:21 AM..
LivinLoCarb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 06:44 AM   #432

Girls I am down exactly 6 pounds and so happy to start on Cruise now!! SO I was 225.5 last Monday, now 219.5 this morning, tonight a huge salad will be mine!!!!

One thing I notice all the muffins, cookies etc all taste sort of the same, a very particular flavor, I made the ginger cookies, they seemed sort of muffiny to me, well this morning I brought them to work and I stuck them in the toaster, OMG totally different like a crispy ginger snap, next time i make them I am going to flatten out the batter so it is very thin and see if that helps to make them more crunchy!

So girls I am committed, to this race, I am going to run on a team with the guys from Tony's office, on my B-day, good grief I am struggling with this couch to 5K, and now I have to be ready by Sept and be able to do the obstacles, oh I am stressing now!!!!

The Big Bash Obstacle Dash | Mud Run

Passing on M&M's is huge, and eating out 3 meals and losing weight is something to be proud of, lets all do this, I was encouraged with this weight loss so I hope adding the veggies doesnt mess me up

Last edited by Bejewelme; 06-20-2011 at 06:53 AM..
Old 06-20-2011, 07:08 AM   #433
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Girls I am down exactly 6 pounds and so happy to start on Cruise now!! SO I was 225.5 last Monday, now 219.5 this morning, tonight a huge salad will be mine!!!!

One thing I notice all the muffins, cookies etc all taste sort of the same, a very particular flavor, I made the ginger cookies, they seemed sort of muffiny to me, well this morning I brought them to work and I stuck them in the toaster, OMG totally different like a crispy ginger snap, next time i make them I am going to flatten out the batter so it is very thin and see if that helps to make them more crunchy!

So girls I am committed, to this race, I am going to run on a team with the guys from Tony's office, on my B-day, good grief I am struggling with this couch to 5K, and now I have to be ready by Sept and be able to do the obstacles, oh I am stressing now!!!!

Passing on M&M's is huge, and eating out 3 meals and losing weight is something to be proud of, lets all do this, I was encouraged with this weight loss so I hope adding the veggies doesnt mess me up
Great job! Just keep pushing yourself on the 5K You have plenty of time until September.
Old 06-20-2011, 07:09 AM   #434

Gallery: SoHappy
Stats: obese/slimmer
WOE: JUDDD!!!
Quote:

Just had to pop in here to say Congratulations on the weight loss, even bigger congratulations on doing couch to 5K, and a HUGE congratulations for having the major guts to sign up for the BBOD/Mud Run!!!!!!!!!! That is going to be one of the most fun things you've done in a long time, I'll bet! It sounds like a hoot for the participants and spectators alike. I know you'll make it, and the party after sounds like a blast!
SoHappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 07:16 AM   #435

Thank you SO Happy!! I am scared but I am going to do the best I can!!
Old 06-20-2011, 09:24 AM   #436
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Thank you SO Happy!! I am scared but I am going to do the best I can!!
You'll do fantastic. I started running last June, 1 min. run/2 min. walk by early October I was able to do a 5K. Kicked my butt and I cried tears of joy when I hit the finish line but I did it.
Old 06-20-2011, 09:43 AM   #437
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by spydermonkey511 View Post
This weekend I ate completely on track and this morning I'm down 2lbs since Friday. Only 18.7 lbs to go to my true weight. Hope you all had a good weekend!
Way to go!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LivinLoCarb View Post
I am so pleased! We were out of town for Father's Day and ate in restaurants 3 times. This morning, I am DOWN 0.8 lbs:
You did great!!! Good food choices and congrats on the loss!

Quote:

Feels good to be in those teens, doesn't it?!?!?! I don't know how you do all that running. I don't even think you could pay me to run! lol

You might put a little back on with the veggies, but it'll come right back off with the protein. Your days will even out with an overall loss.

I'm up a little today to 216.2. Hopefully tomorrow (which is my official weigh in) I'll be down some. I didn't sleep well last night. My feet were bothering me, and I was just getting ready to get back up when my ds came up and said the basement floor was covered with water!! Carpets and all! My poor cats were having a fit cause they couldn't walk. and of course they're fascinated by moving water so they wanted to watch the drain. lol. So guess what I'm going to be doing off and on all day?!?! Trying to dry out the floor so we can clean. And it's supposed to rain most of the week!!

Have a wonderful Monday!!
Old 06-20-2011, 09:49 AM   #438

Oh no there is nothing worse than a flooded basement, especially with carpet, depending on the cause your homeowners might cover replacement of carpet, etc.

I hate running too and now I am committed, LOL I am going to try and up my calories, with all the working out I am way under what I should be eating so that could be effecting me, so I am not worrying about the carbs and will focus on this diet, 6 pounds is awesome I still cant believe, I think this was day 3 out of the 20's, so I hope they are in the rear view mirror!!!
Old 06-20-2011, 01:21 PM   #439
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: momtocj7mea
Stats: 282/179/162
WOE: Paleo/Primal..whole foods FTW!
Start Date: 11/30/11
Bejewel, you will LOVE Zumba. Zumba is actually how I have lost the majority of my weight. I started after I had lost some weight, maybe when I was 230-235lbs., now I am down to 178 I loved it so much I became an instructor in Nov of last year and I teach 5 days a week at a local gym. Going to give Dukan another shot to get to goal already. I tried Stillman's but just can't do it, lol! I need some veggies and I love being able to eat the yogurt
momtocj7mea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 02:17 PM   #440
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Purrcy'smom
Stats: 216/193.5/158
WOE: Dukan and the CTFLC
Start Date: May 9, 2011
Quote:
Girls I posted in the recipe threads, look for Lowrey marinades many are ) fat or 1 gram and low carbs, I am marinating trout that Tony caught yesterday in the garlic herb and they have one for beef and pork we tried and really liked! I am going to make the goji muffins tonight and post and tell you how the are!

Lenise- eat a huge melted hunk of cheese for me!!!!

My cheat today is a small bloody mary extra spicy!!!! Zero fat but 6 carbs oh man does it taste good!!!!
Can we figure in a cheat on cruise days?I would love to have one lonely little margarita with baja bob's sugar free carb free margarita mix.....
Purrcy'smom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 02:19 PM   #441
Senior LCF Member

Quote:

You go girl! That run souns amazing!
Old 06-20-2011, 02:21 PM   #442
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LivinLoCarb View Post
So happy to see everyone is doing well!

-- late morning at McDonald's, I ordered a regular hamburger and unsweet iced tea. I removed the buns, eating only the burger.

-- at Red Robin Restaurant, ordered the Natural Burger wrapped in lettuce with a side of broccoli and unsweet tea.

-- at Chili's, ordered Salmon Fillet with no butter, no rice, and double broccoli (the salmon and broccoli were deliciously prepared!) and a Diet Coke.
I love the lettuce wrapped burger option at Red Robin- I think more restaurants should catch on!
I have a question about the *cookie* I made one, and it was very small- does that sound right? I nuked it and it was very hard ( which was nice to have some crunch) but it was small. Am I doing this right? Just checking! PS no weigh in last week, mother nature visited and I was a fraid. Weighing in tomorrow.....
Old 06-20-2011, 02:23 PM   #443
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Baking Soda? I didn't see that in the recipe..
try it just with splenda, yougurt , milk, the cinnamon or ginger and the oat bran and see if you like it better?
Old 06-20-2011, 02:24 PM   #444
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by momtocj7mea View Post
Bejewel, you will LOVE Zumba. Zumba is actually how I have lost the majority of my weight. I started after I had lost some weight, maybe when I was 230-235lbs., now I am down to 178 I loved it so much I became an instructor in Nov of last year and I teach 5 days a week at a local gym. Going to give Dukan another shot to get to goal already. I tried Stillman's but just can't do it, lol! I need some veggies and I love being able to eat the yogurt
Hi there! Do you think Zumba is appropriate for someone who has been very sedentary? I am creaky....and stiff....
Old 06-20-2011, 02:57 PM   #445

Momtocj7mea- I dance like a white girl but I will try anything to get this bod in shape, thankfully I don't embarrass too easily I am going to go and give it a shot, I am sure even if I cant do it all it will burn some calories and use different muscles!!! Cool that you lost all that weight, it really looks like a good workout!

Purccy- I had a bloody mary last night, 6 carbs and zero in the vodka, I think the Baja bobs should be OK, I think its one of those things you have to try and see how it goes!

The cookies were pretty small, I liked sticking it in the toaster, I miss any warm bread product, so it make it crsipy and good!!!!!

I used baking powder not soda!

So I ran tonight, week 4-- 3 minute run, 90 seconds walk, 5 minute run and then 90 sec walk then repeat, I died about 90 seconds early on the last one, but I was still proud I didnt think I would be able to run 5 minutes at a time!!! I am now dead, the trainer gave me 10 more arm exercises, I thought we were doing what we did the other night, holy crap I am going to be sore all over again!!!!
Old 06-20-2011, 05:44 PM   #446
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purrcy'smom View Post
Hi there! Do you think Zumba is appropriate for someone who has been very sedentary? I am creaky....and stiff....
Yes, it is. I tell all of my students that the great thing about Zumba is that it is appropriate for all fitness levels. You can tailor the moves to fit your comfort zone. Make it your own
Old 06-20-2011, 08:13 PM   #447
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Oh no there is nothing worse than a flooded basement, especially with carpet, depending on the cause your homeowners might cover replacement of carpet, etc.
Probably not cause this is a normal occurrence. We thought we had the problem solved, but when it backs up outside there's not much you can do! There were just two carpets about 5x8 on the floor.

Quote:
Originally Posted by momtocj7mea View Post
I need some veggies and I love being able to eat the yogurt
Yeah for yogurt!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purrcy'smom View Post
Can we figure in a cheat on cruise days?I would love to have one lonely little margarita with baja bob's sugar free carb free margarita mix.....
Well, we're not supposed to, but we're human and things go on that we have to adjust to. If you do a planned cheat just count calories for the day. I think even doing that once in a while might shake up everything and keep your body guessing!

It was a busy day today. The basement is still drying out. Needs to get dried out some before we can attempt to move the carpets. We're supposed to get rain most of the week so I'm almost afraid to do anything just to make sure it doesn't back up again.

Tired tonight. Didn't get much sleep last night so I'm going to bed soon.
Old 06-20-2011, 08:46 PM   #448
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: AllegraD
Gotta hate a flooded basement! I feel still fortunate to have a basement in case there's a tornado spotted nearby... I had an unexpected extra protein day today - just didn't get around to eating veggies....
AllegraD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 06:13 AM   #449
Senior LCF Member

Up .8 today. Blah. My TOM will start soon, but I guess I need tons of water today and it is a veggie day.
Old 06-21-2011, 06:40 AM   #450
Senior LCF Member

Gonna have Asian Sweet and Spicy chicken tenders for lunch today!