Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Other Plans
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-17-2011, 11:34 AM   #391
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Bejewelme
Stats: 350+/221.4/198 (5'10)
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: restarted 9/27/2010
I have a phobia of jello, LOL I hate the way it wiggles, I was just so sick of gagging down that plain yogurt one day here at my desk I had one of those packets and now I look forward to it, LOL
Bejewelme is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 06-17-2011, 12:00 PM   #392
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Purrcy'smom
Stats: 216/193.5/158
WOE: Dukan and the CTFLC
Start Date: May 9, 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by spydermonkey511 View Post
Morning ladies! I made the oat bran cookies last ngiht with ginger. My hubby was circling them like he was on the hunt. He thought they were pretty good now I just have to him out of them. Next time we will use the cinnamon. Have yall tried the cookies?
hey everyone, just popping in. Been offline alot, my Dad is quite ill and trying to stick to this.. it is my TOM right now, so NOT weighing in until next week, but aside from all feel pretty good.
However, Afuentes and Bejeweledme are making me realize I have to get working ouT!!!!!!!!!!!!! You guys are rocking it!
@ Sypder, do we have the cookies instead of the galette pancake? Or how do you work it in? And did you use powdered ginger seasoning or fresh? thanks all, i hope to be more active on here in the upcoming days, but i wanted to say how I appreciate all y'all for being so kind and helpful when I do pop in...Laure
Old 06-17-2011, 12:29 PM   #393
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: spydermonkey511
Quote:
that sounds interesting. I wonder if that would be pushing it for fathers day dinner Dukan style. lol
sorry to make myself clear I meant for everyone else eating that is not on the diet, not as far as it being allowed. :blush:
spydermonkey511 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2011, 12:33 PM   #394
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purrcy'smom View Post
hey everyone, just popping in. Been offline alot, my Dad is quite ill and trying to stick to this.. it is my TOM right now, so NOT weighing in until next week, but aside from all feel pretty good.
However, Afuentes and Bejeweledme are making me realize I have to get working ouT!!!!!!!!!!!!! You guys are rocking it!
@ Sypder, do we have the cookies instead of the galette pancake? Or how do you work it in? And did you use powdered ginger seasoning or fresh? thanks all, i hope to be more active on here in the upcoming days, but i wanted to say how I appreciate all y'all for being so kind and helpful when I do pop in...Laure
Hope you Dad starts feeling better soon. I know that can be stressful.

I'm eating instead of yogurt and oatbran as my way of getting my oatbran in. So yes I would instead of. I have found it hard to fit the yogurt and oatbran in and a pain to cook pancakes. These I can make about a weeks worth in one sitting. We used powedered ginger and next time we will try the cinnamon.
Old 06-17-2011, 12:53 PM   #395
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
I'm actually not sure where I found it I think on facebook. I will pull it and post it. Here is one of the options for dinner on Sunday. Can yall help me make it dukan friendly? ( Should I post this in the recipe section instead?) I know I have to get rid of the oil.

Beef with Peppers
■2 Tablespoons Cornstarch
■1 Tablespoon Minced Fresh Ginger
■2 cloves Garlic, Minced
■1 teaspoon Red Chile Paste (or A Few Dashes Red Chile Oil)
■2 Tablespoons Canola Oil
■1 whole Medium Yellow Onion Sliced
■2 whole Red Bell Peppers, Cored And Sliced Into Rings
■1 Tablespoon Diced Fresh Jalapeno (or 1 Teaspoon Dice Hot Pepper)
■Red Pepper Flakes, For Sprinkling

I am still not at ease with the whole not counting carbs thing- I feel lost! Is the cornstarch in this recipe ok? I know it adds carbs?
PS the sting cheese at Aldi's with the little sheep on it- Happy Farms- is the best I have had in my life....
Purrcy'smom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2011, 12:54 PM   #396
Senior LCF Member

Quote:

I'm eating instead of yogurt and oatbran as my way of getting my oatbran in. So yes I would instead of. I have found it hard to fit the yogurt and oatbran in and a pain to cook pancakes. These I can make about a weeks worth in one sitting. We used powedered ginger and next time we will try the cinnamon.
Thank you! I am going to try it asap! I am dying for a COOKIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Thank you for the support. Dad had skin cancer in 2006, and had his lymph nodes removed, now they think has lympho leukemia. Sigh. Hoping it is the slowmoving non-agressive form- that is the prayer right now.
Old 06-17-2011, 01:00 PM   #397
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bejewelme View Post
I have a phobia of jello, LOL I hate the way it wiggles, I was just so sick of gagging down that plain yogurt one day here at my desk I had one of those packets and now I look forward to it, LOL
A phobia of jello! LOL! So no jello wrestling in your future I take it? That would be awful! LOL!
Old 06-17-2011, 01:03 PM   #398
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
did you try it? Congrats on the loss
Please please tell me where to get unsweetened pineapple juice! Can we use it? I thought fruit entirely was verboten until I hit my goal ( which is 50 lbs away...) ugh.
I was a lb up at that TOM... do you think it could just be that? I discourage easily! LOL!
Old 06-17-2011, 02:37 PM   #399
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
I am still not at ease with the whole not counting carbs thing- I feel lost! Is the cornstarch in this recipe ok? I know it adds carbs?
PS the sting cheese at Aldi's with the little sheep on it- Happy Farms- is the best I have had in my life....
There are recipes in the book that have cornstarch. I was thinking I would only use 1/2 of what it called for. We will see how it turns out. The sauce may not be very thick ,but thats ok.

Thanks for airing the concern about it. I worry something may be horrible for the diet and I may not catch it.
Old 06-17-2011, 02:38 PM   #400
Senior LCF Member

Quote:

Please please tell me where to get unsweetened pineapple juice! Can we use it? I thought fruit entirely was verboten until I hit my goal ( which is 50 lbs away...) ugh.
I was a lb up at that TOM... do you think it could just be that? I discourage easily! LOL!
It should be just that. Keep mushing on! Mine is soon and I'm dread the scale. not sure about the juice.
Old 06-17-2011, 02:40 PM   #401
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Thank you! I am going to try it asap! I am dying for a COOKIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Thank you for the support. Dad had skin cancer in 2006, and had his lymph nodes removed, now they think has lympho leukemia. Sigh. Hoping it is the slowmoving non-agressive form- that is the prayer right now.
Praying with you. I couldn't imagine having to deal with it again. Is he holding up well?
Old 06-17-2011, 02:54 PM   #402

Purrcy's Mom- sorry to hear about your Dad, I will say a prayer for him and you, that is some stressful news, no wonder you are struggling, stess doesnt help weight loss either. As to the pineapple juice, it was more for flavor, the flank steak was not good in the crockpot, I got it off the dukan forum, it was just like stringy roast beef, since I dont eat the marinade, I figured it wasnt too bad.

I know it is a battle with the carbs, I am eating over 100 carbs and still losing, it is a funny thing, I guess the low fat outweighs the carb thing, hard after doing low carb for so long!!!

I make the muffins to get my oatbran, they are allowed on all phases just eat according to how much you can have, the chocolate ones I made last night are killer!!! I posted in the recipe section.

Cauliflower is a staple of low carb so I cant see why we cant eat it, I see many Dukan recipes posted with it, so I am guessing it YMMV, your milage may vary type of thing, I dont think that the FF frozen yogurt i am eating is allowed but it sure is a good treat!!!

TOM is never a good thing for weight loss, but usally after passes a good whoosh, dont get too worried about the ups and downs look at your loss on a monthly basis!

Yes no jello wrestling, my nieces and nephew like to scare me with jello, the one turns 5 tomorrow I see jello in my day!! LOL Now mud wrestling, maybe, LOL I just want to fit into a darn wonder woman suit by Halloween, forget the wedding dress, LOL

Keep your chin up hun, things will get better, take care of you too!!!!

Amber
Old 06-17-2011, 05:55 PM   #403
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: dollkey
Stats: restart 06-11/150.2/150.2/108 ht 4'11"
WOE: Dukan Attack Phase
Start Date: 06/13/11
happy saturday!

Purccy's mom hope your dad feels better.

How does the calculator work? It said i would lose 5 lbs on attack and I did! OMG!!!!
dollkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2011, 08:36 PM   #404
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: amazinggrace911
Stats: 190/190/150 -- 5'8"
WOE: Whatever It Takes!!!!!
Start Date: 7/30/2014
Quote:
Laure, will keep your dad in my prayers!! Just do the best you can with your eating. Sometimes other things are just a bigger priority!!

Quote:
Yes, cornstarch is okay. Pg 176 of USA book.

Quote:
Amazing, have you tried the Torani sugar free syrups on Amazon? they are really good... now you are talking cauliflower rice???? i am so happy I stopped in here today! Now, in the book, Dukan says what vegs you can have, and ones forbidden: but does not say either way on Cauliflower. Is it ok? I am so psyched!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I've had the Torani syrups before, but I'm just having a hard time finding anything in stores around here. Thanks for the link! I'll have to check it out!

Yes, cauliflower is okay!!! Pg 171 USA book. It is SO good!!!

Quote:

I don't think we're allowed pineapple juice, as pineapple has a high sugar content (pg 89 USA), until the Consolidation Phase. Lemons can be used to flavor foods but cannot be consumed as lemon juice or lemonade even without sugar (pg 56 USA).

Quote:
Originally Posted by dollkey View Post
How does the calculator work? It said i would lose 5 lbs on attack and I did! OMG!!!!
Congratulations dollkey!!! I don't know how they figure out but it was close on mine too. I think I lost 1/2 pound more than they said. Pretty good calculations!!!
Old 06-17-2011, 09:25 PM   #405
Senior LCF Member

I tried a strawberry crystal light pack in my yogurt tonight. It was good!!! A different snack for the evening!!!
amazinggrace911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2011, 04:05 AM   #406

Girls- finally

So I was 225.5 on Monday almost 6 pounds in 5 days so it took me two weeks due to my large cheating last weekend, but I am stokked, new low!!!!!! I am going to stick to attack until Monday and maybe I can get to like 218 by Monday, spin class this morning!!! I have a party I am taking my FF hot dogs and my chocolate dukan muffin instead of the cupcakes, wish me luck!!!!
Old 06-18-2011, 05:44 AM   #407
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Girls- finally

So I was 225.5 on Monday almost 6 pounds in 5 days so it took me two weeks due to my large cheating last weekend, but I am stokked, new low!!!!!! I am going to stick to attack until Monday and maybe I can get to like 218 by Monday, spin class this morning!!! I have a party I am taking my FF hot dogs and my chocolate dukan muffin instead of the cupcakes, wish me luck!!!!
that is great!!!!
Old 06-18-2011, 06:39 AM   #408
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Girls- finally

Yaho!!! You did it!!!! Keep on going strong!! i hope you see 218 by Monday!!

I have a new low this morning -- 215.8!! So we're not too far apart! This is fantastic!!!!
Old 06-18-2011, 06:59 AM   #409

Lenise- PA superpowers activate!!!!! Girl we are doing this, now to keep going!!!!! I so want to be 215, I am hoping maybe if I can shut my trap the teens will fly, it has been since I was 14 that I weighed less than 200 you do not know how bad I want this!!!!
Old 06-18-2011, 07:19 AM   #410
Senior LCF Member

I'm rooting for you!!! You can do this!!!
Old 06-18-2011, 07:27 AM   #411
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: AllegraD
The Superpowers are with us today. Day 10, I broke through 190 at 189 - down 6 lb.

I am 5'9" - so several of us here are about the same height. I don't have a specific number for goal in mind - I weighed 20 lb less 3 years ago...guess that is a good short term goal.
AllegraD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2011, 07:38 AM   #412
Senior LCF Member

Way to go Alllegra!!!! I'm setting mini goals, cause otherwise the final goal looks too far off!! lol And see what happens from there!!
Old 06-18-2011, 08:20 AM   #413
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: LindaCat
Stats: +20/-15.6/goal
WOE: Dukan Diet
Start Date: 5/8/11
Hello All,

I've been ready and lurking. I had a bad week. I ate ok maybe to much legal food but I think the scale will still be down in the morning.

You are all doing fantastic.

Laure your dad is in my prayers. I hope you can enjoy fathers day with him tomorrow.

Have a great day everyone!!
LindaCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2011, 08:25 AM   #414
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: LindaCat
Stats: +20/-15.6/goal
WOE: Dukan Diet
Start Date: 5/8/11
Quote:
Afuentes- girl if I looked like you I would be walking around nude and be arrested, LOL My GF does the bikini competitions, she is 50 she looks awesome, now I know how hard she works for that bod!!!

So I met with the trainer, OMG I think she taught Jillian, what happened to my nice girl?

The positive was she had me do not 5 but 12 mens push ups x 3 sets = 36 push ups, she was so freaking impressed she is like girl you are strong I am going to push you!

OMG then the dips, 45 of them, and a variety of other torturous arm exercises followed up with ab torture!!! OMG I was sweating, slobbering, spitting, almost puking! My arms are so sore I can barely wipe the sweat from my face, I said darn it if that scale doesn't move tomorrow I give up! I am either going to lose 5 pounds or be up 15 from hulk like muscle growth, LOL

So then make dinner, and then the run, OMG I am so dead!!!!!We went to the track tonight, it is gravel, basically the whole 25 minutes of run/walk I went 1 1/4 mile, I am now officially dead!!!!!

Damn man I am old this is killing me, but her being impressed with me proves that this darn gym is working so even if the scale never moves I am going to be one tough ******!!! In my wonder woman costume, of course LOL
My trainer would have me running in 105 degree whether after about half an hour I would say omg I'm going to puke she would say: Puke away from me and dont stop running. ! Mean woman....I loved her dearly!
LindaCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2011, 01:24 PM   #415
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: afuentes
Stats: 188/145/130 - I am 5'6"
WOE: Primal/low carb with weight training
Start Date: honest restart - 11/20/08
Quote:
Afuentes- girl if I looked like you I would be walking around nude and be arrested, LOL My GF does the bikini competitions, she is 50 she looks awesome, now I know how hard she works for that bod!!!

So I met with the trainer, OMG I think she taught Jillian, what happened to my nice girl?

The positive was she had me do not 5 but 12 mens push ups x 3 sets = 36 push ups, she was so freaking impressed she is like girl you are strong I am going to push you!

OMG then the dips, 45 of them, and a variety of other torturous arm exercises followed up with ab torture!!! OMG I was sweating, slobbering, spitting, almost puking! My arms are so sore I can barely wipe the sweat from my face, I said darn it if that scale doesn't move tomorrow I give up! I am either going to lose 5 pounds or be up 15 from hulk like muscle growth, LOL

So then make dinner, and then the run, OMG I am so dead!!!!!We went to the track tonight, it is gravel, basically the whole 25 minutes of run/walk I went 1 1/4 mile, I am now officially dead!!!!!

Damn man I am old this is killing me, but her being impressed with me proves that this darn gym is working so even if the scale never moves I am going to be one tough ******!!! In my wonder woman costume, of course LOL
Thank you! I love weight training and this diet is perfect when I want to lean out for a comp or lose excess weight after a cheat meal.
afuentes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2011, 01:25 PM   #416
Blabbermouth!!!

Thank you dollkey! I love the recipes ladies - keep them coming.
Old 06-18-2011, 01:27 PM   #417
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:

I do the oats/yogurt/egg whites in a pancake for breakfast every morning.
Old 06-18-2011, 03:39 PM   #418

I made the pancakes 3 at a time and just ate them cold for breakfast, but the muffins are even better, I have to make the Goji berry muffins I ran all over Chinatown in NYC last weekend looking for them so I better make them! He says they are good for you and you can have 1T or something.

So did fairly well at the party took 2 ff dogs that my cousin grilled they are sort of gross, and a Greek yogurt, my little nephew is such a mamas boy so all day I wanted to hold him, when did he finally want me, when he had a huge piece of cake, so he gave me like 2 bites, so that was all I had and a ton of water, that is a victory for me, I wanted that darn cake and these beautiful cupcakes, I was watching everyone scarf them in and thinking how mad I will be if I eat them!

Now it is still 85 I am so tired from the sun and the kids, and it is running night, I tried to bribe my son into not doing it but he is insisting, so if spinning and running dont burn 2 bites of cake off I dont know what to think!!!

I dont feel like cooking now so maybe some eggs or something later, like I am hungry but dont know what I want ????????????????
Old 06-18-2011, 04:56 PM   #419
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Amélie
subscribing!
Amélie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2011, 11:19 PM   #420
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: dollkey
Stats: restart 06-11/150.2/150.2/108 ht 4'11"
WOE: Dukan Attack Phase
Start Date: 06/13/11
hi amelie!

Ugh. I had half a thin slice of cake. I did not like it all! I feel bad for slipping for that. It was so not good.
dollkey is offline   Reply With Quote