Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Other Plans
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-31-2011, 10:19 PM   #1
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Kaimi2008
Stats: 197.2/181.0/155 (for now) 5'6"
WOE: Diet To Go
Start Date: November 1, 2013
April: Weight Watchers/Points Plus/Flex/Core/Momentum/Come join us!

Weight Watchers Rock Stars ~ March Edition

7 Key Steps to Losing Weight

You have to believe in yourself to hit your weight-loss goals. Get 7 key strategies to help you stay focused while you're losing weight.

When trying to lose weight, believing in your goals and having a positive attitude can be as important as improving your diet and being active. If you have a plan to keep yourself motivated while you're losing weight, you stand a better chance of succeeding.

"People struggling to lose weight often talk about their lack of willpower, as if willpower is something that you are either born with, or not," says Palma Posillico, former VP of training and development for Weight Watchers International. "Losing weight is all about 'wantpower' — about recognizing that you already have all the resources you need to get what you want."

These resources include knowing what you want, knowing how to get it and knowing how to keep yourself motivated along the way. Here are some strategies to help you discover all three and reach your weight-loss goals.

1. Plot out your goals

It helps to have an action plan to keep you on track. "Storyboarding" is a technique used by movie directors to sketch out a plotline, frame by frame, before they start filming. In a similar way, you can make a blueprint for success by breaking your goal down into parts. Say you've given yourself three months to lose 10 pounds. Make a chart of the timeline and build it up, week by week, with details of shopping strategies, exercise tips and so forth—anything that helps make your goal concrete and achievable.

2. Envision your success

Athletes mentally rehearse every step of their winning routine to make it feel attainable. In the same way, you can make your own goals as real as possible by visualizing yourself succeeding in particular scenarios, like making the right choices when dining out. Revisit these scenarios often, and think about how good you'll feel about achieving your goals.

3. Don't sabotage yourself

Many of us unconsciously sabotage ourselves with self-destructive thoughts such as "I'll never lose weight." Whenever you catch yourself thinking this way, try to substitute more constructive statements; for example, "I haven't lost as much weight as I would like, but I can change that. I'm going to start by setting aside time to exercise three times each week."

4. Be your own cheerleader

Some people believe it's modest to put themselves down. But you wouldn't call a friend "fat" or "ugly," would you? You deserve the same respect, so try becoming your own best friend. Celebrate your progress, and try not to obsess about setbacks.

One way to do this is to make a list of your accomplishments in every area of your life (personal, professional and physical). List the talents and skills that enabled you to achieve them, and look at this list often. Adds Posillico, "Begin a daily journal of everything you did 'right' today." You'll be surprised how quickly it adds up!

5. Avoid being a perfectionist

Try not to think in all-or-nothing terms — that you've blown your diet, for example, simply because you've overdone it at one meal. "We need to be kinder to ourselves, and learn to regard setbacks as learning opportunities," says Posillico.

6. Follow through with your goals

Believing you can achieve your weight-loss goals is important, but you have to act too, by changing your eating habits, increasing your physical activity and so on. You can't just think yourself slim, but you can think yourself into the right frame of mind to optimize your prospects.

7. Affirm your self-belief

Feel your confidence wavering? One way to reinforce your self-belief is with positive affirmations: simple, self-validating statements repeated as often as possible, preferably daily. Try coming up with one or two of your own, and remember to keep them positive. You can — and you will — succeed, as long as you believe you can do it!

"What you eat in private is what you wear in public."
Kaimi2008 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 03-31-2011, 10:48 PM   #2

Gallery: Purple Sage
Stats: LCHF no scale - goal size 8 & healthy 14/14/8
WOE: LCHF
Start Date: January 1, 2005 Atkins :'( restart April 2014
Welcome to a NEW MONTH everyone! Here is to having great success and perseverance.
Purple Sage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2011, 01:56 AM   #3
ew1
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: ew1
Just did my weigh-in:
Lost this week-2 lbs.
Lost since Feb 25th-9.8
This works and it's not an April Fool joke.

Last edited by ew1; 04-01-2011 at 01:57 AM..
ew1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2011, 02:14 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by ew1 View Post
Just did my weigh-in:
Lost this week-2 lbs.
Lost since Feb 25th-9.8
Congrats on the loss this week and -9.8 since 25 Feb. Keep up the good work!
Old 04-01-2011, 02:38 AM   #5
hay
Funfetti Freak

Gallery: hay
hey guys! subbing for this month.

i'm pleasantly surprised. i weighed myself this morning because i like to do my weigh-ins on fridays. after significantly upping my carbs/fruits yesterday from eating lc for a bit, i was the same weight which was is my lowest in a few weeks. so starting off on a good foot! 13.6 pounds to go.

eating some fruit and pretzels for breakfast. weird, but all i have around right now. fridays are usually a bit of a splurge day -- i go get a cupcake from my favorite bakery and have a couple drinks.
Old 04-01-2011, 02:44 AM   #6

Aw..splurge days are the 'best'... (in moderation, of course) I get too eat something w/ my family and NOT have to worry about a scale, points, blah, blah.
Old 04-01-2011, 02:58 AM   #7
hay
Funfetti Freak

definitely! normally i'm doing my long run days on fridays as well, but am injured right now. sure doesn't mean i'm giving up my cupcake and wine! i'll count everything though.
hay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2011, 03:25 AM   #8
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: lilmrschevy
WOE: Weight Watchers Points Plus
Start Date: March 2, 2011
Quote:
Just did my weigh-in:
Lost this week-2 lbs.
Lost since Feb 25th-9.8
GREAT JOB
lilmrschevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2011, 03:29 AM   #9
Major LCF Poster!

to April everyone, may this month be the best for everyone. Now if winter would just go away!
Old 04-01-2011, 05:10 AM   #10
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: cl2gas_1
Stats: 258/254/225 1st goal
WOE: JUDDD 3/26/12
Start Date: 12/20/ 03
Make April work for us.. Good luck all.. Keep them coming off..
cl2gas_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2011, 05:26 AM   #11
LJB

Gallery: LJB
Stats: Size 8 at Present
WOE: Real food.
Marking my spot!
LJB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2011, 06:19 AM   #12

Gallery: turbotex
Stats: Too big/-106/Just Right
WOE: Eating healthy and loving it!
Start Date: Which time?
Quote:
Just did my weigh-in:
Lost this week-2 lbs.
Lost since Feb 25th-9.8
turbotex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2011, 06:30 AM   #13
LJB

Quote:
Just did my weigh-in:
Lost this week-2 lbs.
Lost since Feb 25th-9.8
Woo Hoo!
Old 04-01-2011, 06:39 AM   #14
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: cabrioluvr
Stats: 18/12/6
WOE: Atkins!
Start Date: 03/2000
I posted on the old thread! Happy Friday!!

WI today - lost 1.4 lbs. That's good I think - I worked out 4-5 days this week and ate plenty!

My goal is to be down 4-5 lbs. in April! Congrats to the other losers and welcome to the newbies!!
cabrioluvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2011, 06:46 AM   #15
hay
Funfetti Freak

Quote:
Just did my weigh-in:
Lost this week-2 lbs.
Lost since Feb 25th-9.8
Quote:
Originally Posted by cabrioluvr View Post

WI today - lost 1.4 lbs. That's good I think - I worked out 4-5 days this week and ate plenty!

My goal is to be down 4-5 lbs. in April! Congrats to the other losers and welcome to the newbies!!
congrats guys! great losses.
Old 04-01-2011, 06:53 AM   #16

Gallery: turbotex
Stats: Too big/-106/Just Right
WOE: Eating healthy and loving it!
Start Date: Which time?
Quote:
Originally Posted by cabrioluvr View Post

turbotex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2011, 07:21 AM   #17
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: his_cinderella
Stats: 223.0/223.0/140
Start Date: April 2013
OK I'm sooooo proud of me!!!! It's silly but it's a step!!!

Last night my husband brought home taco bell...it was after midnight and I ate it...usually I would use that grey area betweeen midnight and mornign as "free" time...I didn't...I tracked it this morning!!! It wasn't so bad...I mean ya I dipped into the weekly allowance but that's what it's there for right????
his_cinderella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2011, 07:35 AM   #18
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: NoMoreExcuses
Stats: 181.1/181.1/145
WOE: Weight Watchers Simply Filling
Start Date: 1/6/2014
Marking my spot too.
I only lost one pound this week....A bit of a surprise, but I'll take it.
NoMoreExcuses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2011, 07:35 AM   #19
hay
Funfetti Freak

i had my weekly little treat - what i call a mupcake because it's a hybrid between a muffin and cupcake. lol. it has the body of a muffin and some kind of frosting top that sets up. they're sooo good.

anyhow. i have no idea what to estimate its points value as. there is no nutritional information available. it's about the size of a typical bakery muffin. not as mammoth as say, starbucks; but bigger than the little ones you make at home.

anyone have ANY ideas or help to offer?
Old 04-01-2011, 07:47 AM   #20
ew1
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: ew1
Thanks for all the woots and back to everyone else! (My points dropped to 31 from 32( I believe no one is supposed to go below 29. )
ew1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2011, 07:58 AM   #21
LJB

Quote:
Thanks for all the woots and back to everyone else! (My points dropped to 31 from 32( I believe no one is supposed to go below 29. )
Great news!
Old 04-01-2011, 08:41 AM   #22

Gallery: LowCarbRachel
Stats: size 8
WOE: Gluten Free/Grain Free
Start Date: January 2013
Hi all...thinking of joining when I get back from a trip on Wednesday...I lost about six pounds on my own in March...but I want to lose another ten pounds or so to get to the lower end of my preferred weight range...I really need some helpful tools for losing AND maintaining, which has been really hard for me. I hate when I get to my preferred weight (about 132-135) and then go back up again. I am ready to end that cycle.

My daughter is almost thirteen and at the top of her healthy weight range...I don't want her to diet, but I would like her to continue maintaining a healthy weight. I think if I do WW+, I'll be able to be a good role model for her.

I really want to do the meetings for accountability and to meet some new friends!

Last edited by LowCarbRachel; 04-01-2011 at 08:42 AM..
LowCarbRachel is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2011, 08:46 AM   #23
LJB

Quote:
Originally Posted by LowCarbRachel View Post
Hi all...thinking of joining when I get back from a trip on Wednesday...I lost about six pounds on my own in March...but I want to lose another ten pounds or so to get to the lower end of my preferred weight range...I really need some helpful tools for losing AND maintaining, which has been really hard for me. I hate when I get to my preferred weight (about 132-135) and then go back up again. I am ready to end that cycle.

My daughter is almost thirteen and at the top of her healthy weight range...I don't want her to diet, but I would like her to continue maintaining a healthy weight. I think if I do WW+, I'll be able to be a good role model for her.

I really want to do the meetings for accountability and to meet some new friends!
Hi, Rachel.
I love going to the meetings! Everyone has a good time and I learn a lot! There are a couple of older ladies who talk about going to the gym and lifting weights. I think they are older than my Dad and look fantastic!
Old 04-01-2011, 08:47 AM   #24
Major LCF Poster!

Congrats to all the losers and to the new ones!
Old 04-01-2011, 08:48 AM   #25

Hi Lora! You are inspiring me with your progress!

Everyone in the WW+ thread is inspiring me with their happiness with the plan and progress!! I love it that this is a plan where I can eat real food and make choices that are right for me.

I am excited to go to my first meeting and get the materials!!
Old 04-01-2011, 08:57 AM   #26
hay
Funfetti Freak

ugh, i hear you on the whole getting down to goal weight and then letting it slip away again, rachel. i've done that a couple times. and usually when i get down towards that lower weight, it's from less than healthy practices. that was one of the big reasons i chose ww...i think it's teaching me to be "normal" and will help ease me into ie when i'm done losing weight. i want to do it RIGHT this time.

glad to have you join us!!
Old 04-01-2011, 08:58 AM   #27
LJB

I love using the eTools, too. It's a great plan and very easy to tweak. Some people prefer a low-carb style of eating and with careful planning it can be done. What gives me the extra boost is the fruits and non-starchy vegetables I can eat as often as I like during the course of the day and they are ZERO points. I can use my dpt for meat, healthy fats and whole grains if I desire. I haven't enjoyed eating in such a long time.
Old 04-01-2011, 09:13 AM   #28
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: oneoftwo
Stats: 146/120/120 (maintain 118-120max) 5'3.5"
WOE: Atkins/HCG one round to goal/JUDDD to maintain
Hi, Congrats to everyone on their losses.

I am going to weigh in at home tomorrow (I do not do meeting). This past week was my first week moving from LC (Atkins) to the WW program, curious to see what my weight is.
I am running a 10 mile race May 1st so will be getting plenty of AP's this month training for the big day !!
oneoftwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2011, 09:23 AM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by hay View Post
ugh, i hear you on the whole getting down to goal weight and then letting it slip away again, rachel. i've done that a couple times. and usually when i get down towards that lower weight, it's from less than healthy practices. that was one of the big reasons i chose ww...i think it's teaching me to be "normal" and will help ease me into ie when i'm done losing weight. i want to do it RIGHT this time.

glad to have you join us!!
Hay, this is exactly what I've experienced and what I want as well!

Lora, I love it that I can choose what I want to eat on this plan and have the freedom to eat fruits and vegetables. I'm gluten sensitive so I don't eat wheat--but I like rice and potatoes. And I want to occasionally be able to eat a gluten free cupcake or popcorn or junior mints.
Old 04-01-2011, 10:00 AM   #30
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: flutterbyu
Marking my spot! Yay April!
flutterbyu is offline   Reply With Quote