Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Other Plans
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-16-2012, 07:50 PM   #1201
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: piratejenny
Stats: 293/<280/<160 (5'7")
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: restart 6/12/14 @ 289.4
368 is probably the 20% range? That's not necessarily "recommended"...maybe for the 2-week induction, but not indefinitely.

I usually do DDs anywhere between 35-50%.
My weight loss is slow, but I feel these calories are more "doable" for me, and will be for many years. I plan to IF for the rest of my life; not just for weight maintenance, but for health
(and lower grocery bills, and fewer dishes...)
piratejenny is online now   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 07-16-2012, 09:18 PM   #1202
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: oropendola
Stats: 221.4/186.6/160
WOE: Belly Fat Cure -> JUDDD -> JUDDD + DrK
Start Date: January 2, 2012 -> March 8 -> July 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by piratejenny View Post
368 is probably the 20% range? That's not necessarily "recommended"...maybe for the 2-week induction, but not indefinitely.

I usually do DDs anywhere between 35-50%.
My weight loss is slow, but I feel these calories are more "doable" for me, and will be for many years. I plan to IF for the rest of my life; not just for weight maintenance, but for health
(and lower grocery bills, and fewer dishes...)
Which means I'm right where I'm supposed to be most of the time. Yay! I think I was able to do one 368 calorie day. The health plus is why I added DrK to JUDDD. I don't want to give that up. BUT I was truly the slow turtle losing and I wondered if DrK would boost my loss a tad. If it doesn't work long term, I'll go back to JUDDD only.

I'm loving the lower bills too.

Mad scientist at work in the kitchen.
oropendola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 08:29 AM   #1203
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: jem51
Stats: oh so happy at 120
WOE: Mine, all mine
Start Date: controlled carb '97-98
KT, congrats on the milestone!!

Now come on over and tell us what/how you're doin'.
jem51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 11:23 PM   #1204
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Key Tones
Stats: 312/229/??? 5/10"
Start Date: LC start 2005, have tried everything...
Jem,

I am eating low carb and low fat. It is very stripped-down. I eat 3 eggs every other day, sometimes every day. Fat free greek yogurt, and vegetables with no dressing but will add butter.

What has mattered is dropping the fatty foods (no cheese, no avocados, no fatty meats). Butter is the only fat, and maybe a bit of coconut oil for cooking.

I actually landed in the doctor's office after trying to do endurance exercise on 900-1000 calories. I can't do it. It feels like I am going to die, seriously.

So, now I eat low-carb/low fat for as many days as I can stand to during the work week (and some weeks I can't stand it if I am stressed or fatigued).

I eat carbohydrates (now, generally just bananas for the energy + potassium) to fuel a hike (2-3 miles uphill) or a bike ride (20 miles). This is only on weekends. I might eat 3-4 bananas. I will eat regular meals (usually involving red meat, wild caught salmon and perhaps a small treat) following endurance exercise to recover from sore muscles. 1500-1800 calories Friday through Sunday. I"m not exactly sure because I am not counting calories, I am mostly guessing here.

I still eat oysters oncce per week.

I walk up at least 150 stairs per day, up to 550, but more like 150 to 350, per day. I don't go down stairs - that is too hard on the knees. I sometimes hop on my bike and bike on hills around the house.

I don't believe the exercise is burning fat. I think it helps with insulin resistance and other hormones which helps with weight loss.

Basically, I am doing a protein-sparing modified fast 4-5 days per week and endurance exercise on the weekends, during which I will eat more food, more carbohydrates and fat on weekends.

http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/ot...el-method.html
Key Tones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 07:30 AM   #1205
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: piratejenny
Stats: 293/<280/<160 (5'7")
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: restart 6/12/14 @ 289.4
Hello!
There are some of you I don't see around on other threads, so I thought I'd pop in.

KT, that is a very interesting program you're following. How do you feel?

I had been JUDDDing/Fast 5ing but stalled out the last couple months.
I had a car accident in June (dump truck pulled out of driveway without stopping and ran right into me! )
and haven't been exercising. I had *just* started exercising more regularly a few weeks before the accident!
I was really getting into kettlebells but the seat belt tore my muscle in the chest/armpit area and I haven't been able to lift weights.

I have been experiencing insomnia and very bad sleeping patterns (4am-11am), as well as waking frequently and eating late at night--
because I'd eat dinner at 7 or 8pm, go to bed at 11 or 12, then by 2am be starving AND bored!

Skipping breakfast seems to make my insomnia far, far worse. This is a pattern I had observed several months ago, so I did the Leptin Reset for a while.
Then I just really wanted to do Fast 5 or JUDDD again, and I got in the habit of eating later in the day.

My doctor recommended Benadryl to help me sleep, but I started feeling like it was making me hungry. And sometimes my weight would go up 4-6lbs in a day or two!?!!
Then I read that it is sometimes prescribed to stimulate appetite!!! I wasn't taking it every night, maybe 2-4 times per week, but I stopped taking it entirely a few nights ago.

I have decided to start REALLY concentrating on getting a healthy sleeping pattern by balancing my hormones or resetting my schedule or whatever it takes.

Yesterday I tested my blood sugar to see how fasting affects it.
Woke up with it at 132, four hours later (after errands/housework, and ingesting nothing but water), it was 125 (still high).
Had a non-fat protein shake, at 1 hour BG was 103 and 2 hours, 102. Awesome!

A year or so ago, I did this and got the same results (fasting=continued high bg, protein=lower bg), but I was hoping that taking metformin and possible health improvements (such as liver function) from IF/LC had changed this.

Today I tried fat (decaf coffee & light cream & Splenda; not because it's nutritious but because it's something I tend to enjoy, makes my hunger go away for a couple hours, and it easily available almost anywhere I might find myself),
but results weren't any better. Woke up at 132 again, 138 & 128 after coffee.

If my bg is high, then my cortisol presumably is high too.
I've read that eating shuts down (or decreases?) cortisol production (and cortisol=belly fat, high blood sugar, insomnia).
My lower blood sugar indicates to me that this might be true.
(Sorry if I'm over-explaining; you guys probably know this stuff!)

Anyway--looks like I need to eat protein in the morning!!!

I also am trying very short, high-intensity workouts. I get on my elliptical and sprint for 10-20 seconds, then walk slowly for 20-30 seconds, do this about 8 times. Takes about 5 minutes (plus warm-up/cool-down). I only started 2 nights ago, hope to work up to longer sets. Some of the Leptin Reset people say exercising at night helps you sleep better. I have always worried that it would keep me awake but last night I slept GREAT!!! I don't even remember trying to fall asleep (which usually takes me 30min-several hours). I got in bed, turned out the light, woke up before 7...my alarm was set for 7:20!

My son started cross-country practice this week and I had planned to start walking an hour or two a day at a nearby park instead of driving home & back again. But now I'm not sure about long workouts...

This is the video that inspired me to try sprinting:

New lows, 2014:
6/29 282.8
7/07 280.2
7/14 276.8
piratejenny is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 08:44 AM   #1206
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: shunsweets
Stats: maintenance
WOE: Bernstein
Start Date: May 2003
Interesting diet KT. Don't know how you manage on 1000 calories - I'm usually closer to 2000 and still feel low on energy at times. Glad it is working for you.

Pirate Jenny. I had a similar experience with JUDDD. My bg levels are much more stable when I eat a good breakfast. If I don't eat my levels just keep going up. I do best with a high fat, moderate protein, very low carb breakfast and then a high fat, mod protein, low carb dinner. The two meals a day keeps bgs stable. Might do even better with more frequent smaller meals but can't manage that on my current work schedule.
I also find I sleep much better on exercise days. I do take melatonin and Benadryl every night but I need the Benadryl for chronic allergic reactions not just sleep. I haven't noticed it stimulating appetite but I may just be used to it.

So interesting how we each experiment to find what works best and change things up at will based on new studies, reading, or just lack of results/satisfaction with our diets. I am totally convinced the food we put in our bodies defines our physical and mental health to a great degree and we each need to find the combo that works for us which may vary significantly with each body. So interesting to read each person's unique journey. Thanks for sharing!
Old 08-11-2012, 10:41 AM   #1207
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Auntie Em
WOE: VLC-Pastoral
Start Date: Maintenance since 2000
KT, I wish you all the best with your food plan and exercise regime. That's quite a program!

Jenny, hope your new sleep schedule is helping. I find regular sleep and rest really help me, just for another report in that department.

Shunsweets, are you still doing ca. 55P: 120F: and 20C? If you're eating at ca. 2000 Kcals, would you mind posting your grams or ratios? Thanks.

I'm experimenting with eating more and just accepting that I feel better eating more and not being as slender as I was on fewer calories. I keep fiddling around with amounts, but make sure to keep the ratios so I have at least 75% FAT, usu. more.

I have been sleeping better since staying off all caffeine. (It's been almost three months now.) Also, I find I sleep more soundly, more restfully, and awake feeling more refreshed with a few more carbs these days. I've been experimenting with eating ca. 30-35g/CHO rather than 20-25, and although it is a greater challenge to maintain weight, having more carbs makes life more pleasant in other ways. Stress, exercise level and amounts, and allergic reactions figure in greatly for me. I, too, take Benadryl for allergies at night sometimes, and find it throws off my satiety/hunger rhythms.

Went off cheese completely for a couple of weeks, just using mostly fermented or cultured cream and butter. I found I really missed the cheese and so am enjoying Swiss and Cheddar again.

Made something to substitute for creme fraiche by using buttermilk and hwc. I've been enjoying making new things with the hwc.

Best wishes to all for a very lovely week-end.

Best wishes for happy, healthy LCing.
Auntie Em is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 03:53 PM   #1208
Major LCF Poster!

Hi Auntie Em. I just pulled up my ****** records and found I'm not often at 2000 calories, maybe twice a month but when I am my ratios look like this
Fat 195gms, 84%
Carb 26gms, 4%
Pro 60gms, 12%
Total cals 2049
Seems to be a pattern of needing a higher calorie day about every ten days. Most days I seem to be 1600-1800.

I haven't been worrying about calories as much lately either. I am 5'4" and weigh 115. I have been at this weight for over 2 years so think it is my body's happy weight. I struggle more with my blood sugar and allergies than I do with weight and tend to lose weight when allergies flare or bgs creep up. I don't want to go into old age frail and thin, I would much rather have a little cushion but my body seems to have other ideas. My days of worrying about weight and physical attractiveness are finally over (although my dear, dear husband assures me I look great - his vision is failing I fear!) I am just on a quest for health, strength, and warding off the dementia that seems to run in my family in old age.

So glad to hear you are enjoying cheese and cream. I feel much worse when I cut them from my diet. I think the goal should be to include as many healthy foods as we can not limiting ourselves as much as possible. I let my meter and my energy levels be my guide and so far they have not steered me wrong.
shunsweets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 12:31 PM   #1209
Major LCF Poster!

Shunsweets, thanks so much for your post. I, too, have noticed that I need a higher calorie day, ever so often. I haven't worked out the cycle yet, or been able to pinpoint all the factors.

I've been doing well with eating the clabbered hwc (buttermilk added and heated to 85 degrees Fahrenheit, and left on the kitchen counter for 36 hours, then stored in the fridge).

Since giving up tea drinking, I have been experimenting with the PFC amounts to try to find levels and ratios that fit me. It seems I am still adjusting.

I, too, find, that a little cushion is nicer. I don't feel my joints or features are so "pointy", and the cushion fills out some of the wrinkles.

I agree about health being primary.

I've been staying over 20g/CHO/d for a couple of weeks now, and notice that my skin is better. Also, my skin improved with eliminating the tea drinking (as well as my sleep, rest, eyes, heartbeat, feeling calmer, etc.)

I can't say that I've stopped worrying about weight and physical attractiveness, but my standards and criteria have changed, radically. I'm sure your husband is right, and that you look beautiful!

When I went VLC, a little over two years ago, I made a commitment for two solid years to find out what would happen, knowing that I would keep it for life.... I found out in those two years, eliminating ever more things that trigger allergy symptoms, or which are known to contribute greatly to the "diseases of civilization", that food can indeed be "medicine".

The VLC-MP-HF, graded progressive exercise, supplements, and good sleep/rest, are vital for me. I started rebounding again and have noticed that I need it as much as my Callanetics, walks, sunshine time, and my food plan and supplements. Each of the components gives something that the other components don't.

I can do a few days of no dairy, but find I feel worse without them. Perhaps some day someone will be able to name exactly why some of us need specific foods, and others are happier without them. Genetic heritage? Body type? Neurotransmitter, endorphin, hormone balancing? So many questions.

Shunsweets, thanks again for your post. It is most helpful to me.

Last edited by Auntie Em; 08-16-2012 at 12:34 PM..
Old 08-18-2012, 12:55 PM   #1210
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: jem51
Stats: oh so happy at 120
WOE: Mine, all mine
Start Date: controlled carb '97-98
KT, good for you. As much as bathing in fat feels/tastes wonderful, there are more (than less) of us (women, at least) that stall or gain.

Sounds like your energy levels are good if you're doing all that exercise....stairs, hiking, etc.
Muscle tone and endurance are really good reasons to do something physical and incoporating some into your day (using stair instead of el) is perfect.

I also believe exercise is a huge stress reliever. Especially walking, although my ex thinks that running is the key but he has OCD, causing his life to be more stressful at his own hand.

I started JUDDD in Jan and played around w the best way to proceed for....a while. The research for alternate day fasting is in high gear but Dr Johnson had it right when he wrote his book.
I am feeling much better, except for a few tired days....probably my own fault.
Still eat the same food w occ additions. Bananas have become my friend but am including as much seasonal produce as I can fit in.

Life is good.

I am happy that you are doing well.

Same to the rest of you.

Shunsweets, how's your sweetie?
Old 08-23-2012, 12:22 PM   #1211
Major LCF Poster!

Been away for a week at my dear MIL's funeral. She was 92 and had a wonderful, healthy life.

Glad my post was helpful AuntieEm. I research a lot to try to find my best plan but I believe we are each unique in our needs and I don't hesitate to change things up from time to time.

Jem - thank you for thinking of my sweetie. He is once again in remission!! Hoping this one lasts a lifetime.
Old 08-25-2012, 09:27 AM   #1212
Major LCF Poster!

Jem, I'm glad you are doing so well. Your example is an inspiration to me.

Shunsweets, I am sorry about your MIL, and very glad that your DH is in remission. Your posts do indeed help!

I, too, change things. I've been experimenting quite a bit that last two weeks, testing foods, even a few "industrial" ones, carb amounts, protein amounts, etc.

I picked up a copy of the Eades' Protein Power Lifeplan at a thrift store, and have been enjoying its broad scope and generous view of LC.

Hope you all are having a lovely week-end.

Last edited by Auntie Em; 08-25-2012 at 09:28 AM.. Reason: typing error
Old 10-14-2012, 07:34 AM   #1213
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: lastchancesaloon
Stats: 179/179/129
WOE: Eat Fat, Get Thin
Start Date: Oct 2013
Hi everyone,

Read through as much as I could from page 1 - are you all still following this plan & what is the success rate?

(seems to good to be true & I want to try it but am a bit scared!)
lastchancesaloon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 10:48 AM   #1214
Major LCF Poster!

I miss this thread. Hope you all are doing really well.
Old 06-24-2013, 02:28 PM   #1215
Chatty Cathy

Gallery: clackley
Stats: 228.5/168/125
WOE: N.K.=vlc/hf/moderate protein & organic/pastured
Start Date: Restart Oct 18 2009
Auntie Em, I have been missing you! How are you and where have you been?!!!
clackley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 02:50 PM   #1216
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hi Auntie Em!!!

It is good to see you!

I've been following the perfect health diet thread lately, but not posting much. It seems the most helpful thing to me lately is meditation. I've been going to a class on Fridays.

How are you?
Old 06-25-2013, 04:02 AM   #1217
Major LCF Poster!

It is like a role call here! Glad to hear all are well. I, too, miss this thread. Such interesting information and sharing here.
Old 07-01-2013, 12:41 PM   #1218
Major LCF Poster!

Cathy, I took a break from posting for a while. Hope you are really well!

KT, I hope you are doing well with the PHD. I agree about meditation.

Shunsweets, Are you still doing mostly egg yolks?

I've been going for serious walks in the mornings since the weather warmed up. I can tell I need to do this during the winters, too. The walks help so much.

Last year, I decided to follow Dr. K's ratios more seriously, which resulted in gaining weight, but I feel better and stronger. I wonder if there is something important about the ultra-high fat.

The only other change I've made is to buy pastured cream more often, rather than the factory-farm hwc with carrageenan. If I had an economical source of pastured cream and eggs near me, I would choose them over the factory farm cream and eggs, all the time.

Have been faithfully doing Callanetics and senior yoga every day for a couple of years now. I don't track my exercise, as the food logs are enough tracking for me. The walking and rebounding are in the plan, but have not been consistent with those.

I feel well and happy at Dr. K's .8 - 1 PRO; 2.5 - 3 FAT; and .3 - .6 CHO, but eating at those levels made me rounder, rather than sleek. I may go back to the lower fat levels of 1.5 - 2.5, but that requires a lot of being in "diet mode" mentally. I decided to take a long break from being in that orientation of external goal focus. I may go back in that vanity mode again when the weather gets quite hot, but it's been nice to rest from all that for a good while.

The Callanetics and senior yoga, with lots of restorative, restful stretches and rests are a big help to me.

I'm so glad you all posted.

Best wishes to all.
Old 07-02-2013, 05:40 PM   #1219
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

It is good to hear from you Auntie Em, and your experiments as well.

I'm half-way through my meditation class; I will need to find another one soon. I'm finding it hard to maintain focus when I'm in weight-loss mode.

It is good to take a rest and rebuild!
Old 07-03-2013, 09:19 AM   #1220
Major LCF Poster!

KT, I'm glad you like the meditation class. I treasure my quiet time. I hope what you find next will be satisfying, too.
Old 07-17-2013, 10:48 AM   #1221
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hi All,

I've started a new thread. I know this may not be your cup of tea, but I think I am on to something...in case you are interested. I think this can be applied to any food plan in some form and could work. Perhaps this is the key to leptin resistance.

Stephan Guyenet Recommendations - Reduce Food Reward in Paleo Setting

Last edited by Key Tones; 07-17-2013 at 10:50 AM..
Old 07-18-2013, 11:48 AM   #1222
Major LCF Poster!

Hi, KT, I'm glad you are doing well. Thanks for thinking of us with new info.
Old 07-24-2013, 12:22 PM   #1223
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

OK, I've been experimenting with Stephan Guyenet's and Seth Robert's recommendations to reduce food reward (they have different ideas).

I am thinking now that separating the fat out from the coffee/sweetener and not eating it with food would make Kwasniewski's Optimal Diet work for weight loss.

I was doing something kind of crazy, the potato hack, and dropped a lot of weight doing it earlier this year, and restarted it and had already dropped 7-8 pounds, then I applied the food reward ideas and dropped another 4-5 pounds in the last week. I have been massively confused about why the potato hack works. I now think it is the reduction in food reward. Potatoes, with nothing on them, taste like mostly nothing with a hint of dirt.

Yesterday, I ate mostly fat in the form of ghee, chia seeds, and (kind of embarassingly), the fat that comes in Kale Krunch. I ate two potatoes (which I was doing for my carbs on Kwasniewski's Optimal Diet) and some sort of lobster tail-like protein last night. I have been drinking small amounts of keifer for the probiotics since I can't handle fermented vegetables. I've been mostly getting my protein from eggs the past week. I have reduced (but not elminated) the amount of vegetables.

I know it sounds odd, but the idea is to take flavorless calories to lower the fat set point. I took my ghee shot yesterday morning with my nose pinched. I ate butter this morning the same way.

I haven't previously figured out how to knock out my appetite with fat. I finally 'got' it.

As I understand it, your brain associates caloric food with the sense of smell. It seems to hack the system if you can't smell it (like when you lose your appetite when you can't smell anything with a cold). This is per Roberts.

Guyenet, if I understand correctly, says in so many words that food reward seems to overload the brain so the hypothalmus can't sense the leptin from the fat stores. If you calm this down, your brain (hypothalmus) senses your fat stores and decides to let the fat go. It ramps down appetite. It stops slowing metabolism (thyroid!). It stops trying to minimizing muscle contractions to conserve calories (efficient movements).

Also, Guyenet says autoimmune issues and inflammation interfere with the hypothalmus sensing the leptin. This blows me away. I am all about the autoimmune issues (hives) and inflammation (I have been suffering severe tendonitis in the ankle - in physical therapy).

Last week my tendonitis was so bad my physical therapist gave up and said go back to the podiatrist. My hives were so bad I was icing myself. This week, I know it hasn't been long, but with the increase in fat, this is all calming down.

This is amazing stuff.

My GOSH, I think I can come back and go with the Kwasniewski's Optimal Diet again. I am going to do melted "butter shots" with the nose pinched.

I have always thought anything I read before about leptin was off. I finally think I understand it now.

Last edited by Key Tones; 07-24-2013 at 12:26 PM..
Old 07-26-2013, 08:20 AM   #1224
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Well, I'm sad to report that after a couple of days of going very high fat and using eggs for protein (like I used to), my fasting blood sugar shot up to 119. This is the type of reading I used to get on high fat/low carb, and I hoped that I had healed with my recent good readings, but it is extremely apparent that eating a lot of potatoes has brought my blood sugar down reliably to 80 to 85 fasting.

I don't understand this at all, and I have taken so many data points that there is no denying it. Substituting brown rice reliably makes it shoot up 15 points. To see it shoot up 35 to 40 points is too hard for me to take.

I'll have to carry on with the Perfect Health Diet, incorporate Stephan Guyenet of supreme blandness and the giving up of sweeteners of any type, not salt the food, avoid crunch foods, stick with paleo foods, etc., and experiment to see if I really can do the Seth Roberts recommendations with reasonable blood sugar reading. It may be that potatoes are bland enough to pass as the appetite suppressant instead of the fat. I have one other person on the Seth Roberts/Shangri-La that says he used potatoes as the appetite suppresant (instead of the extra light olive oil) and it worked.

It is so weird, this blood sugar thing. It goes against the LC teachings, but is in line with what Dr. McDougall says would happen (vegan doc that advocates using potatoes to lose weight - but I don't believe in vegan diets).

I just have to go with what my body says is working.
Old 08-05-2013, 12:26 PM   #1225
Major LCF Poster!

KT, I wish you success with having normal blood sugars. I agree, it is odd how some foods make such a big difference.

I, too, have been making a few adjustments. Am drinking Pu-erh tea rather than English Breakfast blends these days. And am taking a break from eating hard cheeses, only eating soft cheeses I make, yoghurt, mascarpone, sour cream. Decided to stop eating beef bacon. And am staying off the saccharine tablets for a good while. These changes seem good, less joint stiffness and pain, better flexibilty, fewer allergy symptoms, etc.

Am using egg yolks and Kerrygold butter as a substitute for the texture of the hard cheeses.

Am keeping the PRO level low, very high fat, and staying at 25 - 35 g/CHO most of the time.

Old 08-05-2013, 02:17 PM   #1226
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hi Auntie Em,

Ah, I am off the bacon as well. I lost it once and ate an entire package. I thought it was a fluke, then I bought another package...same thing. I don't know what happened to me there, but, that was that!

I am off sweeteners as well. I had no idea this could have anything to do with leptin resistance, but I am a believer now. The first few days were hard, but I am OK now. I've given up coffee because, ick, without sweetener. Tea is hard for me to get down as well, but I can make a concentrate and just throw it back for my caffeine!

I am glad you are feeling better. I'm having some joint and inflammation issuesas well, but they are improving. I do wonder if all the sweeteners were doing something to me.

KT
Old 08-09-2013, 09:43 AM   #1227
Major LCF Poster!

Hi, KT. Since I added more marrow broth and butter to my food plan, I find I'm not missing the beef bacon. I started up the black tea again, and will keep going with the pu-erh, too. I put cream, butter, and homemade broth in my tea. I gave in and used some artif. sweet. the last couple of days. I think there is something in cheese, perhaps the opioids or casein, that satisfies something, and when I don't eat cheese, there is this "looking around" for something else that has the same satisfaction level. Avocados help, tea helps, but. You know how it goes.

There is a pdf of John Yudkin's, "Pure, White and Deadly" listed, with a direct link, at Peter D's post of August 5th and prostate cancer. Someone named "M" posted the link in the comments. I don't know if the book is still under copyright, hence, the mention of it, rather than a link here.

I, too, found the beef bacon being somewhat of an "eat more" trigger. And as it is a processed food, and the price continually increasing, I just decided to spend my money on good butter, and marrow bones, and cream.

Am doing well with regular exercising, and am working to get in my daylight time outside and use more bone and marrow broths. Sunlight being good for Vit D, serotonin, and sundry other good things.

Hope you are doing well with your blood sugar counts. I'm glad your joints are happier these days.