Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Other Plans
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-24-2011, 01:07 PM   #901
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Key Tones
Stats: 312/238/??? 5/10"
Start Date: LC start 2005, have tried everything...
Cathy - great article! Hmm, I'm doing well in the appetite control area as my diet stands. It's when I eat what everyone else does (flour is worst thing for me) that I get that never satisfied problem. Of course, everyone on the board seems to say this, I know this is not novel info.

That is great info on reverse T3!!! It is great to know the mechanism.

Leptin is frustrating to read about. For every step you take the body is ready with a counter! Low carb has been the most brilliant thing ever for me for weight loss and diabetes management. Where to go from here?

I have noticed I am able to lose weight right after a holiday. The last time was right after Thanksgiving - I had a great run. I think there may be something to Lyle's take on leptin.

Anyway back to t3 - that is such great information. I am resistant to the idea of going on medication. If after some tweaking I can't address this, I am all for doing what I have to do to keep going. I really need to drop some weight for my health.

Atkins in one of his versions of his books in teh FAQ section wrote that long term dieting of any kind can slow metabolism and thyroid levels will appear normal. However, he goes on to say that there can be a clinical issue with thyroid where the liver fails to convert T4 to T3, with symptoms such as sluggishness, fatigue, dry skin, corse or falling hair, an elevation in cholesterol, or a low body temperature. If body temperature drops below 97.8 on average (taken 4x per day before meals and at bedtime) this is an indication to have the thyroid checked. He says the natural form of thyroid that contains T3 is better than synthetic T4. You can find it by searching on Atkins thyroid in youtube, it is the 4th video down with a guy reading from a book. The guy is anti-dieting of any kind, so it isn't an atkins friendly video.

My attempt to eat less during the week caught up with me this weekend - I had to breakdown and eat. I am still over 1500 calorie average - I think I am at something around 1800 average for the week. This is where I used to hit the wall on those calorie count, all things measured and weighed diets too. Sigh.

Sponsored Links
Old 07-24-2011, 01:17 PM   #902
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bejewelme View Post
KT- I like McDonald a lot we have been reading his site, the leptin thing is a big mystery to me, like the IR what really overcomes it? I know the fish oils are very important,and one of the things in Tom Venuttos program that he recommends is the Udi's flax seed oil, I am debating buying that but at $18 a bottle I didn't get it. I will say that since i have been adding high quality carbs the bathroom thing is much better!! I was so careful all week, and then yesterday was a total bust, it was low carb but high fat, ugggh I felt terrible so I ran this morning!
Amber,

I think your diet "blunders" are actually helping you. If you need to eat, you just plain need to. You are pushing awfully hard.

Lyle is interesting reading, isn't he?

He does say to be sure to get your zinc, vitamin E and fish oil to help with leptin.

I think flax is vegetarian propaganda, the answer to how to get Omega 3. Your body would have to convert ALA it to what it needs, EPA and DHA. It is questionable as to whether we can even do it. Fish oil is more direct. Even better - just incorporate wild-caught salmon into the diet and take some krill oil when you haven't been eating any. I think, flax oil is a waste of $.

Did you notice Lyle mentioned Martin Berkhan in here from LeanGains? He has a blog - he successfully maintains a lean body with a different approach. From lightly perusing it, he eats only from mid-day to evening (he calls it IF but I don't think that is waht most people mean when they say IF) and cuts calories only a little to lose only about 1/2 pound per week.

Last edited by Key Tones; 07-24-2011 at 01:25 PM..
Key Tones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 08:13 AM   #903
Chatty Cathy

Gallery: clackley
Stats: 228.5/168/125
WOE: N.K.=vlc/hf/moderate protein & organic/pastured
Start Date: Restart Oct 18 2009
Interesting point about 'chronic dieting' and metabolism. I find the word metabolism is actually pretty general - I would love for those in the 'know' to be more specific - I need more info!!

K.T. I think the major attraction to this thread (besides all you kind, smart peeps) was the restorative bent of the recommendations. I still think this is quite valid and the missing bit of info is 'how much time does it take'?

I too am resistant to the idea of meds. I only recently got off my b.p. meds and am not anxious to start anew. BUT, if this is a problem that is really going to stand in my way until it is medicated, I may have to reconsider. My sister is going to an endo today for the first time and we have been discussing the information she wants to get out of this visit. I am excited for her and hope it is productive. She had to fight pretty hard to get this appointment. Maybe I can get her to join our discussions ... ?

I have to agree on the down sides of flax. About the 2nd half explains some of the problems with it...

Flax Seed Health Benefits and Safety Issues - Flax Seed Nutrition

"The energy content of food (calories) matters, but it is less important than the metabolic effect of food on our body." Dr. P. Attia

"dumping carbohydrates on your broken metabolism is tantamount to doing jumping jacks on two broken legs" -The Spark of Reason

“Eat animals. Mostly fat. Enjoy!
clackley is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 09:22 AM   #904
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Bejewelme
Stats: 350+/221.4/198 (5'10)
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: restarted 9/27/2010
KT-
"He does say to be sure to get your zinc, vitamin E and fish oil to help with leptin."

I currently take these in addition to many others, I really have to do something with the supplements, my word they gag me taking them and get stuck in my throat since I swallow a bunch and it is so yucky!!!! I split them up through out the day, but every time I think OK I will eliminate this one, I read something good about it!

Glad I didnt spend the money on that flax oil, now I am eating so little oil I want it to be good!!!!! Like coconut or olive oil.

Why is krill oil important? Like what is int hat over regular fish oils?

I had a bad weekend of eating, I was dreading the scale, but down 3 pounds, I almost freaked, I am guessing it wont stick since it is most likely dehydration from golf yesterday but it sure was a good way to start my Monday.
Old 07-25-2011, 09:36 AM   #905
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Auntie Em
WOE: VLC-Pastoral
Start Date: Maintenance since 2000
Bejewelme, Dr. Michael Eades has a post about "The brain trust program, krill oil, and menopause. I have read comments by women in menopause who say that it helps them with feeling calmer, having fewer hot flashes, and such.

Here is some general info on the anti-inflammatory benefits of krill oil:

Krill Oil: High Yield Omega-3 Polyunsaturated Fatty Acids (PUFAs)

And a report about the benefits of krill oil for PMS and dysmenorrhea at PubMed:

Evaluation of the effects of Neptune Krill Oil on ... [Altern Med Rev. 2003] - PubMed result

In 70 patients with complete data, a statistically significant improvement was demonstrated among baseline, interim, and final evaluations in the self assessment questionnaire (P < 0.001) within the NKO group as well as between-group comparison to fish oil, after three cycles or 45 and 90 days of treatment. Data analysis showed a significant reduction of the number of analgesics used for dysmenorrhea within the NKO group (comparing baseline vs. 45- vs. 90-day visit). The between-groups analysis illustrated that women taking NKO consumed significantly fewer analgesics during the 10-day treatment period than women receiving omega-3 fish oil (P < 0.03).

CONCLUSION:
Neptune Krill Oil can significantly reduce dysmenorrhea and the emotional symptoms of premenstrual syndrome and is shown to be significantly more effective for the complete management of premenstrual symptoms compared to omega-3 fish oil.

I take more and more of my supplements as liquids or powder when I can get them. The pills/tablets/capsules I get down with HWC or butter. I sometimes crush tablets or open capsules.

Moderate amount PRO: Measured FAT: Very Low CHO = Low Insulin Diet
Daily Callanetics, modified to a "T"
Senior Yoga; slow walks enjoying the outdoors

GOALS: drink more water, eat more salt, go outside more

Last edited by Auntie Em; 07-25-2011 at 09:37 AM.. Reason: typing error
Auntie Em is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 11:39 PM   #906
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Cathy - I have heard of the flax rancidity issue, but cyanide?!?!

It would be great to have your sister join in!

Auntie Em - Yes, Eades turned me on to krill oil! He wrote some great articles about it.

Amber - The thing that sold me on the krill is that it contains an antioxidant which is a natural preservative. The red color is not dye! It is the red color in krill (like lobster) that is the antioxidant and preserves the krill oil.

I took the fish oil capsule test Eades mentioned-I cut mine open (ordinary fish oil capsules, enteric coated) and yep, they smelled like gasoline. That means they are rancid. I threw them out and bought some krill oil capsules.
Old 07-26-2011, 06:29 AM   #907
Chatty Cathy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Key Tones View Post
Cathy - I have heard of the flax rancidity issue, but cyanide?!?!

It would be great to have your sister join in!

Auntie Em - Yes, Eades turned me on to krill oil! He wrote some great articles about it.

Amber - The thing that sold me on the krill is that it contains an antioxidant which is a natural preservative. The red color is not dye! It is the red color in krill (like lobster) that is the antioxidant and preserves the krill oil.

I took the fish oil capsule test Eades mentioned-I cut mine open (ordinary fish oil capsules, enteric coated) and yep, they smelled like gasoline. That means they are rancid. I threw them out and bought some krill oil capsules.
This is the thing about supplementation that makes me crazy. It seems so susceptible to having a 'dark side'. I had not heard this about fish oil. I took it for a while but switched to cod liver oil. I just realized that it should have been refrigerated. I will have to replace them but maybe krill oil is a better choice?

My sister's visit to an endo was a bust. His advice was to reduce calories and exercise (she already eats at the 1000 cal level). He treats diabetics (the bulk of the practice) and still recommends 60 carbs per meal. She may join our conversations - she would be a great asset i.m.h.o.
Old 07-27-2011, 12:43 AM   #908
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by clackley View Post
This is the thing about supplementation that makes me crazy. It seems so susceptible to having a 'dark side'. I had not heard this about fish oil. I took it for a while but switched to cod liver oil. I just realized that it should have been refrigerated. I will have to replace them but maybe krill oil is a better choice?

My sister's visit to an endo was a bust. His advice was to reduce calories and exercise (she already eats at the 1000 cal level). He treats diabetics (the bulk of the practice) and still recommends 60 carbs per meal. She may join our conversations - she would be a great asset i.m.h.o.
Yes, I do worry about supplementation, especially missing or creating imbalances and ingesting toxins.

The endo - wow, that was some bad advice - starve and exercise too! Let's make sure you go into adrenal overdrive and send cortisol through the roof. OMG, an endo, seriously?

I've been meaning to find my Schwartzbein Principal book (somewhere in the house around here). I set it aside when I realized she recommends grains, but I may go back and have another look. I understand her book has a healing bent to it. I heard she is an endo and recommends 75 carbs.

Last edited by Key Tones; 07-27-2011 at 12:47 AM..
Old 07-27-2011, 02:32 AM   #909
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: piratejenny
Stats: 293/<273/<160 (5'7")
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: restart 6/12/14 @ 289.4
Quote:
Let's make sure you go into adrenal overdrive and send cortisol through the roof. OMG, an endo, seriously?
Well, how else do you expect an endo to stay in business?
Not by healing all their patients, surely?
piratejenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 04:54 AM   #910
Chatty Cathy

Quote:
Originally Posted by piratejenny View Post
Well, how else do you expect an endo to stay in business?
Not by healing all their patients, surely?
! But really, in this country, if they continue with their nutritional recommendations, it won't be a problem business wise. They and the drug companies will do very well.

I thought doctors were required to keep up with the current and relevant research.....
Old 07-27-2011, 08:40 AM   #911

I swear I posted on here and now I don't see it? Hummm I am nuts!!!

Auntie Em- thank you for the articles, interesting!!! Might have to get some of those since I seem to pre-menopausal already, ugghghg.

The supplements I am taking, I am happy with as in I have not been sick in months, my skin is good, its like a mini job figuring out what to take when, LOL I need more complete blends and I have to work on finding those to eliminate some, I hate swallowing them and the nasty taste in my throat afterwards.

Cathy- your sister would respond very well to LC I am sure, sounds right off the bat like she is eating way too few calories, unless she is quite tiny?

I am sure she feels so conflicted with you telling her about LC and the doctors who keep shoving carbs, its crazy!!!!
Bejewelme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 08:49 AM   #912
Chatty Cathy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bejewelme View Post
I swear I posted on here and now I don't see it? Hummm I am nuts!!!

Auntie Em- thank you for the articles, interesting!!! Might have to get some of those since I seem to pre-menopausal already, ugghghg.

The supplements I am taking, I am happy with as in I have not been sick in months, my skin is good, its like a mini job figuring out what to take when, LOL I need more complete blends and I have to work on finding those to eliminate some, I hate swallowing them and the nasty taste in my throat afterwards.

Cathy- your sister would respond very well to LC I am sure, sounds right off the bat like she is eating way too few calories, unless she is quite tiny?

I am sure she feels so conflicted with you telling her about LC and the doctors who keep shoving carbs, its crazy!!!!
Oh, I neglected to mention that she has been eating low carb for at least 6 months now and has not been able to lose more than a couple of lbs. She has lost weight over the past 3.5 yrs. through other methods. She is quite convinced that low carb is healthiest even if she can't seem to lose weight. I sometimes wonder if my lack of weight loss is 'sympathy for her's'!!
Old 07-27-2011, 05:54 PM   #913
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: jem51
Stats: oh so happy at 120
WOE: Mine, all mine
Start Date: controlled carb '97-98
Hi everyone. I just returned from Bellingham for a visit w the family....so glad to be home.
I have rambled my entire life and am becoming a homebody....very strange.

I'm pretty much following Peat and have just started to experiment w small amts of sugar.
Really only where I would normally use sweetener; smoothies, egg nog and such. Also comparing BG readings as I go. We will see. I think that I should give it a month to really see a difference.

Otherwise it's gelatine, milk (latte and nog/smoothie), some fruit, raw carrot.
Just incorporating the items that Peat recommends then building from there which seems to be his plan or lack there of.

I finally purchased some organic refined CO to see if I could use it regularly w/o breaking out in cold sores.
Peat said something about the residue in the unrefined that is the cause of problems.
Flavor wise it's a disappointment since stirfries and such are soooo good w the virgin CO.
We'll see if there are health benefits that make it worth it.

I have reduced my yogurt intake for a while since Peat doesn't like too much lactic acid. Lita Lee, however, thinks yogurt is okay. My jury is out on that.

I had an awakening via Suzanneyea of ZC; She posted about her personal benefits from ZC and how if she were spending all her time obsessing about food, she would not be able to be wife/mother.

It struck me that I do not want to go into retirement w my life being completely submerged in diet/health/food. (Along w this came a purging of some of the health bloggers and maybe all at some point)
So I thought I'd better figure it out and stop screwing around.
I would like to be fully living my life!!

So there it is....and I do feel a sense of freedom, already.
jem51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 06:46 PM   #914

Jem good for you! It can become a bit tedious and obsessive I agree!!! Sometimes i wish for the day when I can wake up and not consult ****** as to what to eat that I have dutifully planned out to exacting proportions!
Old 07-27-2011, 06:50 PM   #915
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hi Jem! I hope you had a nice trip!

Peat is interesting. I think he has good points, esp. when it comes to thyroid. I'm afraid of sugar, but maybe with no PUFA it is safer--dunno.

I am back to 2 potatoes and 4 eggs per day minimum (sometimes 8) I keep gravitating to. I just feel so good doing that.

OMG, have you seen Matt's blog lately? I think he's off his rocker. RBTI and there is only "one man" that knows how to use it. As far as I can tell, it's a regimen where you steer your diet by measurements to keep what is in your saliva and urine "in range" and uses...the SAD! Avoid butter...eat corn oil (WTH?!?! at least he has some alarms going off on that). I'm thinking maybe it relieves diet anxiety because it has "answers." Ugh. He is blowing up such an interesting blog he had going.

Cathy - oh I am so sorry your sis is having such difficulties!
Old 07-27-2011, 09:10 PM   #916
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Yes, I agree - the diet obsession thing does get to me...it is very distracting. The bloggers help me get control of my compulsion to buy diet books. It has saved me money to mostly read blogs. My gosh, I can't read them all...

I think just a couple of tablespoons of yogurt or keifer is enough, really. It doesn't take a lot to get the benefit. That's all I do anymore with it. One bottle of kiefer lasts a long time this way.

Oh, I should add too - it's just the white sugar that I'm leary of. I am experimenting with a little blackstrap molasses for the incredibly high mineral content.

It is interesting - I wonder if the Peats diet has a calming effect?

= = =

Oh, cool - check out the link - Netrition has blackstrap molasses! Check the nutrition label - 20% iron, 10% magnesium, 10% calcium, 500 mg potassium. Packs quite a punch for 45 calories/11 carbs.

The brand I have has 20% iron 20% calcium, no magnesium, and 600 potassium. I'll have to order this stuff and see if it tastes different. I've never had molasses before, so I don't know what it is supposed to taste like. It is the blackstrap type that is dense in minerals.

Last edited by Key Tones; 07-27-2011 at 09:16 PM..
Old 07-28-2011, 09:45 AM   #917
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

KT, I grew up w molasses stirred into milk. Matt did an article on the benefits a while back.

Yes, his infatuation w RBTI is extreme. Someone pointed out that if it is so simple, how is it that Challen is the only one who can do it correctly.

Maybe I'll look into if I have cancer and the prognosis is nil......
Old 07-28-2011, 10:52 AM   #918
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

KT--blackstrap molasses is quite bitter.
Comparing it to "regular" molasses is like comparing black coffee to maple syrup.

I add it to chili to give it a rich flavor...the sweetness comes out a bit when diluted/mixed with all the other flavors, and balances any sourness from the tomatoes.

I also (used to) like it in/on cornbread.

I think I tried putting it in my coffee, but I needed a little bit of another sweetener!

If you are one of the coconut bark aficionados, it might be good in that, too.
Old 07-28-2011, 11:36 AM   #919
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Blackstrap molasses - I first saw Fawn/Dawn post about it, then Danny, then Matt, so what the heck...I brush it on meat. Finally something to make the meat tender! I put it on near the end. I like it in coffee! With some sweetener added, definitely.

I'm trying to think of a gelatin/coffee/blackstrap molasses flavored concoction.

Jenny - I'll try the coconut bark...I think that would be great! Thanks!

Jem - I think the only thing I see here with the RBTI the way Matt has written it up is the help with hypoglycemia. The water restriction sounds like bunk. I think what is happening is since they are not allowed to drink water in the afternoon, they drink milk and this prevents the blood sugar dip people experience in the afternoon because of the crash from lunch. So it is OK to drink water in the morning...well blood sugar is higher in the morning. Testimonials is the method of choice to sell diet pills and exercise equipment...

If pork, potatoes, and butter blows up sick patients, it seems Kwasniewski wouldn't have gotten very far.
Old 07-28-2011, 11:38 AM   #920

Cathy- yes that is a shame that your sister is working so hard and not seeing results, you need to see the results to keep going, at least I do!

Blackstrap molasses- we grew up with them, my Gram used to put it in our cream of wheat in the Winter, why are you considering eating molasses? Just wondering? They are very bitter, not like regular molasses that has a lot more carbs and tastes sweet and yummy!!

Matt's blog- is he the one you posted with the thyroid stuff? What is RBTI?
Old 07-28-2011, 01:56 PM   #921
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Amber - mostly I am about my husband. He has been on high levels of diuretics for a long time. His back is a bit hunched, esp. for his age, which I think is due to radiation to the back as well as mineral leaching from the diuretics. He has bad teeth (always has) and he is anemic.

Blackstrap molasses is an incredible mineral infusion--it has iron, calcium, magnesium, potassium--he needs all these things. It is my hope that we absorb it. He refuses to eat seaweed, which I can't get enough of!

I want the minerals for myself too, but my husband needs it badly.

Matt Stone is a blogger - interesting because he writes up the pitfalls of dieting. He has blogged about thyroid.

I don't know enough about RBTI to explain it -sounds very questionable-I probably shouldn't have mentioned it. I was just making a side joke to Jem. It is based on the SAD (Standard American Diet). High carb.
Old 07-28-2011, 03:35 PM   #922

Ok gotcha!!! LOL

You are tough to keep up with, LOL

Let me pull my BS molasses for ya
1Tablespoon
50 calories
potassium 320
Sodium 25
carbs 13
sugar 9
Protein 0
Iron 25%
Calcium 20%
Ingredients Molasses, unsulphered

Hmm sort of nasty stuff as I remember, but can your hubby eat treats? Like you can make good pies and stuff with it, but if dieting is a concern then that is out!
Old 07-28-2011, 04:49 PM   #923
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Oh, yes, molasses is really good in stuff like pumpkin pie (or pudding), on sweet potatoes with cinnamon & butter...

You could also use it to make lemonade. Fresh lemon juice (not bottled) is alkalizing, so that will help with absorption, and iron is best taken with some Vitamin C.
Old 07-28-2011, 09:09 PM   #924
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Oh, you guys are so sweet!

I hadn't thought of bs molasses in lemonade; he likes that! Wow, that sweet potatoes combo sounds great!

Well, treats - he is trying to lose weight...we know how that is...
Old 07-29-2011, 08:09 AM   #925
Chatty Cathy

I couldn't make heads or tales out of Matt Stones blog but it was big news in the paleo world when he reversed is woe. As for his new woe, here is a link...

Home

Does not 'tweak' my interest at all but to each, his own!
Old 07-29-2011, 09:30 AM   #926
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I mixed BS molasses into my milk at bedtime and it was as good as I remember.
Old 07-29-2011, 09:54 AM   #927
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem51 View Post
I mixed BS molasses into my milk at bedtime and it was as good as I remember.
Anabolics!!! Heh heh...I love the idea of getting all the concentrated nutrients that were boiled out of the sugar cane. It almost feels like robbery!

I have always heard that cooking makes minerals more absorbable too.
Old 07-29-2011, 09:57 AM   #928
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by clackley View Post
I couldn't make heads or tales out of Matt Stones blog but it was big news in the paleo world when he reversed is woe. As for his new woe, here is a link...

Home

Does not 'tweak' my interest at all but to each, his own!
Matt is referencing a different guy - Challen Waychoff...he actually has doughnuts on his home page, I swear! (steak, salad, chocolate doughnuts).
Old 07-29-2011, 10:02 AM   #929
Chatty Cathy

Quote:
Matt is referencing a different guy - Challen Waychoff...he actually has doughnuts on his home page, I swear! (steak, salad, chocolate doughnuts).
Ha, I can guarantee that is not healthy for me, no matter how you cut it!!
Old 07-30-2011, 10:44 AM   #930
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Blackstrap molasses report - I googled it to read more on how it can help with anemia (husband's issue). Drinking it in lemon water provides the co-factor of vitamin C to absorb iron! I guess I should have realized since he takes iron with a vitamin c horse-size pill per the doc.

But check this out...everywhere I looked this blackstrap molasses is also mentioned as helping acid reflux. Google blackstrap molasses and acid reflux and you get a bazillion hits. The dose apparently isn't huge for this - just 2 teaspoons, which seems like it would only be 7-ish carbs (2/3 of the labelled 11 carbs per tablespoon).

Anyway, I was so tired, it was a hard week. I had a tablespoon in coffee last night, because I was up reading interesting things and didn't want to fall asleep. Oh my gosh, it did the opposite - it hit me like a ton of bricks, I could barely make it to crawl into bed I was suddenly so drowzy! I thought, ugh, I'll sleep the day away now tomorrow. I was up at 7 am, which never happens on a Saturday! I like to sleep!!!! What is in this stuff? I guess it was a good magnesium hit, and a bit of sugar I suppose probably reduces the stress hormones (I have heard VLC people trying a teaspoon of sugar at bedtime to fall asleep). I did not have any potatoes yesterday, subbed the blackstrap molasses for the potato carbs. I think I had 40-ish carbs total yesterday, a little lower than what I normally have.

Coffee in the evening has never gotten in the way of sleeping in on Saturday before. Weird but could be a fluke. I'll see if it continues.

Last edited by Key Tones; 07-30-2011 at 11:11 AM..