Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   Other Plans (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/other-plans/)
-   -   6 week cure starting March 2011 (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/other-plans/713037-6-week-cure-starting-march-2011-a.html)

Notia 03-09-2011 12:50 AM

6 week cure starting March 2011

Hi!
I'm planning to start "the cure" next week. Monday the 14th to be exact. I've had the book for a few weeks now and finally made the decision to give it a go.I'm 41yrs old 5ft4 and currently about 176lb. I have slowly come down from 217lb, but have been kind of stuck all winter, yoyoing 5 pounds up and down. So I'm doing this not only to give a new kick start to my weight loss, but mainly to loose inches off my waist.

Anyone interested in joining me?

raini 03-10-2011 11:47 AM

Not sure what "the cure" is. Could you describe it a little?

porcupine73 03-10-2011 11:51 AM

Its the Drs Eades Six Week Cure for the Middle Aged Middle. It's a pretty good book. It starts out with a couple weeks of having basically a protein shake for breakfast and lunch and then meal for dinner, or I think the meal can be any you'd like (breakfast lunch or dinner), then shakes for the other two. The idea of this induction is to get the liver cleaned out and functioning properly.

I never really gave the program a complete go. When I drink two protein shakes a day and then a regular meal I seem to gain weight, so I just stuck with what was already working for me. The 6Wc did get me to donate blood though, something I've always been terrified of doing.

hockey_gal 03-23-2011 01:20 PM

Sounds pretty cool. I gave up shakes for a while and now I'm back into them. It's one of the reason I like PP, I love frozen blueberries in my shakes. I just switched from HWC to almond milk tho to cut out a lot of the calories. I'm figuring that should help w/weight loss :)

Notia - how is it going? did you lose weight?

Deanne

Notia 03-25-2011 11:19 AM

Deanne, in the end I didn't start with the shakes, after all. I really wanted to find someone who would also be starting around the same time.
In the meantime I found a really active thread on intermittent fasting in the "other plans " section. I had been reading quite a lot about IF and decided to try it. It turned out to work really well for me, so that's what I'm doing at the moment.

Aediekins 03-26-2011 12:24 PM

I just started the 6 week Cure last Saturday. Just did measurements this morning for my one week log-

Down 6 pounds
Lost 1 inch in my waist
Lost 1/2 in in my hips

I'm not hungry and zero cravings. I'm really liking it so far.

hockey_gal 04-01-2011 12:20 PM

That's great Chelsie - thanks for sharing. I'm always worried about regaining after I try something like that. Let us know how that works after the 6 weeks...

Deanne

flutterbybalance 05-08-2011 08:02 PM

Is anyone still doing the 6 week cure? Im starting now.

Hi, I am starting the 6 week cure tomorrow morning. I have everything in place and am very excited about getting it started. I will post pictures after my first week and let everyone know how it goes. I would love to hear how others have done with it too.

Thanks
Kathy