Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Other Plans
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-28-2011, 02:11 PM   #241
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: cynthialynn
Stats: 180.6/136/125
WOE: JUDD
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmarie0126 View Post
Yes, I get very weak when I need food. Today is my 4th day and I am waiting to feel the shift. Apparently it happens after a distinct feeling if being tired and low energy (which is what I had yesterday). I keep having to run out the door in the morning and am not having time to eat. So it is 11am and I just ate breakfast (I know that is really bad)! I'm not giving up though. I keep thinking of new questions...it says we can have coffee with sugar substitute, but can I have the coffee in between meals or only with meals? Another thing is, is it ok to add veggies to my P/O meals? I noticed that the first meal is P/O, but then in one of the menus, she had a spinach and mushroom omelet. So what about when we get a carb up day...can we add a salad to our pizza? Sorry for all the questions...I have tons more where that came from.
That's exactly when the shift comes in. I went from feeling extremely tired to full of energy within a day.
Try to have something easy like deli turkey and a slice of cheese to grab as you are walking or running out the door.
I drank coffee with a little cream with my snacks.
I did not add veggies to my P/O meals. There are a lot of mistakes in the book - so I thought I'd better be safe and keep it to P/O only.
On a carb up day - yes you can add salad to your pizza. Just make sure to keep the oil to a minimum when you are having carbs.
cynthialynn is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 10-28-2011, 02:21 PM   #242
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: cmarie0126
Quote:
Originally Posted by cynthialynn View Post
That's exactly when the shift comes in. I went from feeling extremely tired to full of energy within a day.
Try to have something easy like deli turkey and a slice of cheese to grab as you are walking or running out the door.
I drank coffee with a little cream with my snacks.
I did not add veggies to my P/O meals. There are a lot of mistakes in the book - so I thought I'd better be safe and keep it to P/O only.
On a carb up day - yes you can add salad to your pizza. Just make sure to keep the oil to a minimum when you are having carbs.
Thanks
cmarie0126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2011, 10:36 AM   #243
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: tig2011
Stats: Start 224 - 1st Goal - 199
WOE: CTFLC
Start Date: 1st time 2008 - restart Oct 2011

Last day of deplete! I discovered my turn around was on day 4 in the afternoon. I will weigh tomorrow morning and see whats up (well actually, I hope down). Hope everyone else sees the light at the end of the deplete tunnel and is doing good! Let me know!
tig2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2011, 10:59 AM   #244
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tig2011 View Post

Last day of deplete! I discovered my turn around was on day 4 in the afternoon. I will weigh tomorrow morning and see whats up (well actually, I hope down). Hope everyone else sees the light at the end of the deplete tunnel and is doing good! Let me know!
That's great! I have 2 1/2 more days to go and can't wait. I feel so much better than I did the other day, so I guess my shift was on day 4 as well. I still don't have as much energy as I normally do when I eat some carbs, but feel sooooo much better than I do when I over indulge in starches all the time. Please post your results when you weigh in!
Old 10-29-2011, 03:37 PM   #245
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: mcjful
Stats: 256/165/150
Start Date: Everyday
Quote:

YOU did it!!!! So proud of you!!!!

Quote:
That's great! I have 2 1/2 more days to go and can't wait. I feel so much better than I did the other day, so I guess my shift was on day 4 as well. I still don't have as much energy as I normally do when I eat some carbs, but feel sooooo much better than I do when I over indulge in starches all the time. Please post your results when you weigh in!
YOU are so close!!! YOU can do it!!!
mcjful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2011, 07:26 PM   #246
Junior LCF Member

Ok, I thought of another question (I'm trying to prepare for the next cycle). Should we always use sugar free stuff no matter which day we're on? Except on cheat days in the maintenance cycle where we can have whatever we want? To go along with that, when we are allowed to have bread and pizza, etc. on carb up days, won't the white refined flour stimulate our cravings? It's hard for me to unlearn the South Beach diet where all the white stuff isn't good for you. I do know, though, that refined flour makes me feel way more sluggish than whole wheat. Is it okay if I have whole wheat pizza, bread, or pasta on those days?
And looking ahead...I feel like I'm going to be sabotaging myself when I spend 5 Baseline days eating good and sugar free and then I go on my high carb or cheat day and eat white stuff including real sugar (like in a dessert or something). It seems like that would trigger cravings that I would have to spend the next 5 days fighting off again. I know I'm looking far ahead into the maintenance cycle, but I want to make sure I can handle this for the long haul.
Thanks for all your help!
Old 10-29-2011, 07:35 PM   #247
Senior LCF Member

Quote:

Way to go tig!
Old 10-29-2011, 07:51 PM   #248
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Ok, I thought of another question (I'm trying to prepare for the next cycle). Should we always use sugar free stuff no matter which day we're on? Except on cheat days in the maintenance cycle where we can have whatever we want? To go along with that, when we are allowed to have bread and pizza, etc. on carb up days, won't the white refined flour stimulate our cravings? It's hard for me to unlearn the South Beach diet where all the white stuff isn't good for you. I do know, though, that refined flour makes me feel way more sluggish than whole wheat. Is it okay if I have whole wheat pizza, bread, or pasta on those days?
And looking ahead...I feel like I'm going to be sabotaging myself when I spend 5 Baseline days eating good and sugar free and then I go on my high carb or cheat day and eat white stuff including real sugar (like in a dessert or something). It seems like that would trigger cravings that I would have to spend the next 5 days fighting off again. I know I'm looking far ahead into the maintenance cycle, but I want to make sure I can handle this for the long haul.
Thanks for all your help!
1) You should not have any sweets or alcohol on your carb up days until week 4.
2) Some people may get cravings when eating the white stuff - but I didn't. It's all part of training your body to handle having carbs. Don't worry about it - by the time you have your first carb up your body will have changed how it reacts to carbs.If you feel more comfortable having wheat pasta - then by all means have it. I believe it has the same amount of carb as regular pasta - but if it helps you psychologically then go for it!
3) Don't over think it by looking too far ahead. I've been in maintenance for a long time - and never had any issues.
I know it's hard to break away from old ways of thinking. I found this program after being on Atkins. I was worried about adding in the EZ bread in the beginning - let alone anything with sugar! I will admit that maybe sometimes I overdo it on a cheat day - but I just continue the plan and I have no cravings. It's really weird - I never thought I could indulge one day and then get right back on plan but I did. I found myself looking forward to a carb up or a cheat day - but I never had any out of control cravings during the week.
Old 10-29-2011, 08:11 PM   #249
Junior LCF Member

Thanks, that's good to know. I always over think EVERYTHING, I wish I didn't! I guess I never really thought about the fact that I'm actually changing the way my body responds to the carbs, not just following an eating schedule.
Old 11-01-2011, 01:42 PM   #250
Junior LCF Member

Just wanted to check in say that I completed my deplete week yesterday and lost 5 lbs
I had oatmeal this morning, but it honestly tasted pretty gross with my stevia
I am looking forward to eating a potato tomorrow...yum
On another note, did anyone experience changes with their menstrual cycle while on this program, specifically in the deplete week? I was supposed to get it yesterday and it never came. I'm kind of freaking out because even though we want another baby, I'm not quite ready yet. I'm hoping it has something to do with this drastic change in my diet.
Old 11-01-2011, 04:36 PM   #251
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Just wanted to check in say that I completed my deplete week yesterday and lost 5 lbs
On another note, did anyone experience changes with their menstrual cycle while on this program, specifically in the deplete week? I was supposed to get it yesterday and it never came. I'm kind of freaking out because even though we want another baby, I'm not quite ready yet. I'm hoping it has something to do with this drastic change in my diet.
Way to go!
Deplete week messed up my cycle too - but I wasn't late, I was early.
Old 11-01-2011, 07:39 PM   #252
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
:WAY TO GO ~ am postmenopausal here so no cycle issues.
Old 11-01-2011, 07:59 PM   #253
Junior LCF Member

Thanks so much! Wow, things just happened really quickly...I just took a pregnancy test and it is positive!!!!! This was really a surprise for me, so now I guess I need to stop trying to lose weight. Oh well, I know I can start over after the baby is born. Thanks for everyone's support. Good luck to you guys.
Old 11-01-2011, 08:41 PM   #254
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Thanks so much! Wow, things just happened really quickly...I just took a pregnancy test and it is positive!!!!! This was really a surprise for me, so now I guess I need to stop trying to lose weight. Oh well, I know I can start over after the baby is born. Thanks for everyone's support. Good luck to you guys.
Congratulations! See you back here in 9 months or so
Old 11-02-2011, 05:50 AM   #255
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
CONGRATS!!!!!!
Old 11-02-2011, 06:59 AM   #256
Junior LCF Member

Thanks all! I'll be back!
Old 11-15-2011, 01:27 PM   #257
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: schnauzer_grl
WOE: CTFLC
Start Date: 07/19/2010
*Tap*tap*tap*

Is this thing on?

Where'd y'all go?
schnauzer_grl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2011, 11:28 AM   #258
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: bocabon
Stats: 169/155/140
WOE: Cracker
Start Date: January 2010
Hi everyone! Haven't been here in a while, but wanted to wish everyone a Happy Thanksgiving!
I decide to try WW with some people at work. Honestly, I do not feel as good as when I did CTFLC and getting very SLOW results. Trying to do a low carb version of it too.
Am committed until 1/12, but like I said CTFLC is my way and will be back to this.

Hope you are all well, new and old friends.
Bonni
bocabon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 04:21 PM   #259
Senior LCF Member

Is anyone ever here anymore????
Old 12-20-2011, 01:36 AM   #260
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: NettieL
Stats: 223/183.4/160
WOE: Atkins/ctflc
Start Date: April 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by bocabon View Post
Is anyone ever here anymore????
Hi, I check in but never see any messages. How are you doing?
I am keeping my weight in check.
NettieL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2011, 03:47 PM   #261
Senior LCF Member

Hi Nettie,
I have not been doing great! Will start back on CTFLC soon. I really felt better on this WOE then any other.
How are you?

What happened here? Did they all go some where else???
Happy Holidays and Happy New Year.
Hope you are doing well.
Bonni
Old 12-26-2011, 08:19 AM   #262
Major LCF Poster!

Old 12-26-2011, 02:46 PM   #263
Senior LCF Member

Hi Mary!
Hope you had a nice Christmas.
How are you doing?
Bonni
Old 12-27-2011, 07:43 AM   #264
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Hi Mary!
Hope you had a nice Christmas.
How are you doing?
Bonni
Hello Bonni ~ I am doing Great! Still maintaining. Nice to see ya here. I hope that you had a Merry Christmas too.
Old 01-02-2012, 09:07 AM   #265
Senior LCF Member

Happy New Year Everyone! Hope you all had a great one!

I restarted deplete week today. (After 3 months of another program, which I never have done well on). Good news is my weight is not as bad as I thought.
Anyone else back to serious business?????

Hope you are all well.

Mary, nice to hear that you are maintaining! Good for you!!! You still on this WOE?
Old 01-02-2012, 05:57 PM   #266
Senior LCF Member

Happy New Year all!
I am back on deplete today to pay for the sins of the holiday food madness.
I think I will only need about 3 days - then back to maintenance.
Old 01-03-2012, 02:02 AM   #267
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: NettieL
Stats: 223/183.4/160
WOE: Atkins/ctflc
Start Date: April 2010
ME TOO!
Happpy New Year.
I am also on deplete starting yesterday.
I feel so much better on this way of eating.
Time to trim off the pounds from the holidays.
It could have been worse if I did not have the knowledge from this board.
Annette
NettieL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 04:58 PM   #268
Senior LCF Member

Hi cynthialynn and nettie,
Well at least the 3 of us are here for each other.
I was going to do deplete for a week and then reread the book and it said just do 4 days.
What determines the amoung of days???
So far 2 down. Yay!
Bonni
Old 01-04-2012, 07:54 AM   #269
Major LCF Poster!

Happy New Year Everyone!!! New year new start.

Quote:
Happy New Year Everyone! Hope you all had a great one!

I restarted deplete week today. (After 3 months of another program, which I never have done well on). Good news is my weight is not as bad as I thought.
Anyone else back to serious business?????

Hope you are all well.

Mary, nice to hear that you are maintaining! Good for you!!! You still on this WOE?
Hi Bonni ~ yep just maintaining ~ sometimes I have to do a couple of baseline days or carb down days (if I am BAD) but just plugging along.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cynthialynn View Post
Happy New Year all!
I am back on deplete today to pay for the sins of the holiday food madness.
I think I will only need about 3 days - then back to maintenance.
Hi Cynthia ~ well I wasn't too bad I guess ~ I just had to do 3 carb down days to get back in the groove. Funny to me but food just doesn't have the same "taste" as it used too therefore I can really just have a "bite" and be done.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NettieL View Post
ME TOO!
Happpy New Year.
I am also on deplete starting yesterday.
I feel so much better on this way of eating.
Time to trim off the pounds from the holidays.
It could have been worse if I did not have the knowledge from this board.
Annette
Hi Annette ~ yep I thank G*d for the day I learned of this WOE. Any other "diet" I lost weight on I just regained the same weight over and over.

Quote:
I was going to do deplete for a week and then reread the book and it said just do 4 days.
So far 2 down. Yay!
Bonni
Bonni I would just "plan" on a few days of deplete and see how you feel. If you feel as if you have your "eating" under control, then go forward. The best part of deplete is "detoxing" your body.

Good Luck to all of you!!!
Old 01-04-2012, 09:05 AM   #270
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
So far 2 down. Yay!
Bonni
I guess it just depends on how off plan you have been
I'm on my third day of deplete and have lost all but 2 lbs of holiday gain - so very happy with that. I have found that even doing several carb down days instead of deplete days will sometimes do the trick. I did depletes because I REALLY indulged over the holidays.