Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Other Plans
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-17-2011, 11:49 AM   #211
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: mcjful
Stats: 256/165/150
Start Date: Everyday
Quote:
Originally Posted by cynthialynn View Post
Welcome Elaine!
This plan definitely works! I lost all my weight on crack - I just kept repeating the 8 week cycles until I reached goal. I did very little exercise - especially in the beginning and lost just fine. Conquer seems to place a lot more emphasis on exercise - so if I were you I would stay on crack for at least a few cycles before moving on to conquer - or just stay on crack. Whatever works better for you. I totally agree that deplete week is very important! If you do it correctly - you will jump start your weight loss and will never have to repeat the week again!!! Best of luck to you!!!!!
mcjful is online now   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 10-18-2011, 10:21 AM   #212
Major LCF Poster!

Elaine ~ how did the first day go for you and hubby? Hope all went well and only 6 days left!
Old 10-20-2011, 06:14 AM   #213
Major LCF Poster!

Checking in to see how you are doing Elaine ~ hope all is going well!
Old 10-23-2011, 03:12 PM   #214
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: tig2011
Stats: Start 224 - 1st Goal - 199
WOE: CTFLC
Start Date: 1st time 2008 - restart Oct 2011
Mary! You are one of the originals from a few years ago right? Just found my way back. I did really good on the plan but then totally lost my dedication and drive when my dad passed away a few years ago. Decided to dig my book and all my info out from the back of my closet (I kept everything in a binder) and I am on day 1 of deplete. Looking forward to checking the posts everyday. I see Elaine just started a few days before me so will be great to have someone to compare notes with!
tig2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 08:13 PM   #215
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tig2011 View Post
Mary! You are one of the originals from a few years ago right? Just found my way back. I did really good on the plan but then totally lost my dedication and drive when my dad passed away a few years ago. Decided to dig my book and all my info out from the back of my closet (I kept everything in a binder) and I am on day 1 of deplete. Looking forward to checking the posts everyday. I see Elaine just started a few days before me so will be great to have someone to compare notes with!
back!!!! Yes I have been hanging around with crack since 9/08

Day 1 is done and only 6 days left and YOU CAN DO IT!!!!

This thread is VERY slow but I will check in everyday to see your progress!!!!
Old 10-24-2011, 02:56 PM   #216
Junior LCF Member

Ok .. almost done day two and feeling great! No cravings yet and surprisingly enough, no excess hunger either! Not going to weigh until the morning after my 7 days is over!
Old 10-24-2011, 09:20 PM   #217
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Ok .. almost done day two and feeling great! No cravings yet and surprisingly enough, no excess hunger either! Not going to weigh until the morning after my 7 days is over!
YOU got this!!!!
Old 10-25-2011, 09:42 AM   #218
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: cmarie0126
Hi all,
I am new here and had to go through MANY threads from years ago to get to this one:-) I am always trying something new and mostly follow South Beach when trying to lose weight. I have noticed that even when I eat all the whole grains, I feel more sluggish and the weight comes back. So I have realized that I really need to decrease my carb amount in general. My other problem is that I am from a big Italian family that loves to eat...especially bread. So I definitely consider myself a carb addict. I am 5'10" and weight 153 lbs which is considered a healthy weight. My problem is that I have 5 kids and my body is just much different now. I also have hypothyroidism which slows my metabolism and makes me very tired. I am taking medicine for it, but when I eat really bad or eat lots of starches, I feel much worse. So I am going to try this to hopefully help me lose a few more pounds, but really to help get rid of this belly fat and just feel healthier and have more energy. After my last baby, I got into working out with Chalean Extreme which is mostly weight training and LOVED it. I did not lose much weight but definitely lost inches and felt really good. I was also eating healthier. My problem was that I was gaining all this muscle but still had that stupid layer of fat covering everything up. Then I hurt my back and haven't worked out it a few months. I can see and feel a huge change in my body and I don't like it! I really like the idea that I can have cheat days in the future and mix it up so I get a chance to eat the stuff I like. I hope I can stick with this. Congrats to everybody's success!
cmarie0126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 10:02 AM   #219
Junior LCF Member

cmarie

I did this before a few years ago and it is amazing how your body changes. I too was a bread-a-holic so the deplete week sucked but if you can get past that, it gets much better. Unfortunately, my dad got ill and passed away a year later and I just go so off track and since I am an emotional eater, I ATE! But, finally found my way back, dug my stuff out of the back of the closet and now on day 3 of deplete. I find it to be the hardest cycle but it is only 7 days! You can do anything for 7 days!

So I am starting day 3 now and it is going better than I thought. Good luck to you! I hope there is at least a few of us posting on here, it is nice to have some feed back or just a place to write stuff.
Old 10-25-2011, 10:08 AM   #220
Junior LCF Member

Thanks for your response. That is one good thing about deplete is that it is only 1 week instead of 2 like the other programs....I think I can handle 7 days :-) Good luck with this and I will be checking in here frequently.
Old 10-25-2011, 11:53 AM   #221
Junior LCF Member

Old 10-25-2011, 01:02 PM   #222
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmarie0126 View Post
Hi all,
I am new here and had to go through MANY threads from years ago to get to this one:-) I am always trying something new and mostly follow South Beach when trying to lose weight. I have noticed that even when I eat all the whole grains, I feel more sluggish and the weight comes back. So I have realized that I really need to decrease my carb amount in general. My other problem is that I am from a big Italian family that loves to eat...especially bread. So I definitely consider myself a carb addict. I am 5'10" and weight 153 lbs which is considered a healthy weight. My problem is that I have 5 kids and my body is just much different now. I also have hypothyroidism which slows my metabolism and makes me very tired. I am taking medicine for it, but when I eat really bad or eat lots of starches, I feel much worse. So I am going to try this to hopefully help me lose a few more pounds, but really to help get rid of this belly fat and just feel healthier and have more energy. After my last baby, I got into working out with Chalean Extreme which is mostly weight training and LOVED it. I did not lose much weight but definitely lost inches and felt really good. I was also eating healthier. My problem was that I was gaining all this muscle but still had that stupid layer of fat covering everything up. Then I hurt my back and haven't worked out it a few months. I can see and feel a huge change in my body and I don't like it! I really like the idea that I can have cheat days in the future and mix it up so I get a chance to eat the stuff I like. I hope I can stick with this. Congrats to everybody's success!
the inches DO come off!!! Wendy Chant was always saying "it is none of your business what the scales say" ~ she believed in using your clothes to judge your progress!!!

Quote:
I did this before a few years ago and it is amazing how your body changes. I too was a bread-a-holic so the deplete week sucked but if you can get past that, it gets much better. Unfortunately, my dad got ill and passed away a year later and I just go so off track and since I am an emotional eater, I ATE! But, finally found my way back, dug my stuff out of the back of the closet and now on day 3 of deplete. I find it to be the hardest cycle but it is only 7 days! You can do anything for 7 days!

So I am starting day 3 now and it is going better than I thought. Good luck to you! I hope there is at least a few of us posting on here, it is nice to have some feed back or just a place to write stuff.
Glad to see you are still doing good!

Quote:
only 1 week
So true and YOU can do anything for 7 days
Old 10-25-2011, 07:19 PM   #223
Junior LCF Member

Thanks, Mary!
Old 10-25-2011, 07:58 PM   #224
Junior LCF Member

day 3 down ... 4 more to go! Feeling awesome ... Good luck to everyone else too!
Old 10-25-2011, 09:11 PM   #225
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
day 3 down ... 4 more to go! Feeling awesome ... Good luck to everyone else too!
Old 10-26-2011, 06:44 AM   #226
Junior LCF Member

Way to go! I am on day 2 today and it has been pretty easy so far. Has anyone tried the orange dream protein shake? I have vanilla protein powder and I always used to blend it with orange juice and frozen fruit which was delicious. I am kind of freaked out about drinking it without my fruit and with just water or crystal light. Any other good recipes or ideas to make a protein shake that I can have in my deplete week? Thanks!
Old 10-26-2011, 07:59 AM   #227
Junior LCF Member

cmarie

Has anyone tried the orange dream protein shake?

YES I tried it yesterday and it was awesome. I used the water, ice, vanilla protein powder and crystal light (you can use any flavor) and i found i just left it blending for longer than usual and it got really creamy. My daughter even liked it!

Old 10-26-2011, 08:13 AM   #228
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
Has anyone tried the orange dream protein shake?

YES I tried it yesterday and it was awesome. I used the water, ice, vanilla protein powder and crystal light (you can use any flavor) and i found i just left it blending for longer than usual and it got really creamy. My daughter even liked it!

Thanks...I will definitely try it!
Old 10-26-2011, 08:41 AM   #229
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: cynthialynn
Stats: 180.6/136/125
WOE: JUDD
Way to go cmarie and tig!

Just a few more days to go and the worst will be over - you can do it!
cynthialynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 09:15 AM   #230
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
Way to go cmarie and tig!

Just a few more days to go and the worst will be over - you can do it!
Old 10-26-2011, 07:08 PM   #231
Junior LCF Member

Hi again,
I have another question about the protein shakes. I use Jillian Michaels shakes and they are made with Stevia (which I prefer). The problem is that it says the sugar is 3g. Aren't we supposed to have less of a sugar amount? I don't know if that would really matter since it is Stevia? Any input? Thanks!
Old 10-26-2011, 11:08 PM   #232
Junior LCF Member

Day 4 ... 3 more to go ... can hardly wait until the 7th is over and I can weigh myself. I just don't want to be disappointed a few days into it .... i want to give it the full 7 days before I check.... will be nice to start the cycling in a few days

hope everyone else is doing good ....
Old 10-27-2011, 08:04 AM   #233
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Day 4 ... 3 more to go ... can hardly wait until the 7th is over and I can weigh myself. I just don't want to be disappointed a few days into it .... i want to give it the full 7 days before I check.... will be nice to start the cycling in a few days

hope everyone else is doing good ....
Old 10-27-2011, 08:05 AM   #234
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Hi again,
I have another question about the protein shakes. I use Jillian Michaels shakes and they are made with Stevia (which I prefer). The problem is that it says the sugar is 3g. Aren't we supposed to have less of a sugar amount? I don't know if that would really matter since it is Stevia? Any input? Thanks!
Stevia is good ~ just look at ingredients list and make sure there are no "added" sugars.
Old 10-27-2011, 08:33 AM   #235
Junior LCF Member

Thanks! I am on day 3 today and feeling very tired and weak. I had to rush out the door and only grabbed a hard boiled egg and some crystal light. I couldn't wait another 3 hours to eat so I made an omelet about 1 1/2 hours later when I got home. Looking forward to the end of this cycle!
Old 10-27-2011, 10:00 AM   #236
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: cynthialynn
Stats: 180.6/136/125
WOE: JUDD
Quote:
Hi again,
Jillian's protein powder has fructose in it - that is why the sugars are higher.
In my opinion - this is not a good choice. Jay Robb protein powder is a better choice. It's pricey - but very good.
cynthialynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 10:05 AM   #237
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
Jillian's protein powder has fructose in it - that is why the sugars are higher.
In my opinion - this is not a good choice. Jay Robb protein powder is a better choice. It's pricey - but very good.
Oh I guess I didn't realize that...thanks! I will definitely check into another kind.
Old 10-27-2011, 03:08 PM   #238
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Thanks girl ~ I knew it had to be something in there to show those sugar grams.
Old 10-27-2011, 08:27 PM   #239
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
Thanks! I am on day 3 today and feeling very tired and weak. I had to rush out the door and only grabbed a hard boiled egg and some crystal light. I couldn't wait another 3 hours to eat so I made an omelet about 1 1/2 hours later when I got home. Looking forward to the end of this cycle!
This was my 4th day and around 2pm I felt so weak and got a headache so had a salad with chicken and a bit of mayo on it and drank some water and within 1/2 hour I felt much better. I am not sure why that happens but maybe my body just wanted me to eat something!
Old 10-28-2011, 08:15 AM   #240
Junior LCF Member

Yes, I get very weak when I need food. Today is my 4th day and I am waiting to feel the shift. Apparently it happens after a distinct feeling if being tired and low energy (which is what I had yesterday). I keep having to run out the door in the morning and am not having time to eat. So it is 11am and I just ate breakfast (I know that is really bad)! I'm not giving up though. I keep thinking of new questions...it says we can have coffee with sugar substitute, but can I have the coffee in between meals or only with meals? Another thing is, is it ok to add veggies to my P/O meals? I noticed that the first meal is P/O, but then in one of the menus, she had a spinach and mushroom omelet. So what about when we get a carb up day...can we add a salad to our pizza? Sorry for all the questions...I have tons more where that came from.