Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Other Plans
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-05-2011, 01:59 PM   #151
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: mcjful
Stats: 256/165/150
Start Date: Everyday
Quote:
Originally Posted by bocabon View Post
Happy 4th of July everyone!!!!!!

Bonni
Hope you had a great day!!! Are you still back to crackin' ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nkeibaby View Post
Please can anyone advise me on what to do to restart? I completed the deplete week in May and went on to week 2 and 3. Then I fell off, started body for life diet and lost ten pounds but now I want to carb cycle again and dont know if I am supposed to do the whole deplete again or start with week two. Please help.
Re-start as cynthialynn advised ~ I think it is no more than 2 depletes in one year BUT who needs it ~ you've still been dieting.

to everyone ~ everything still going good with me.

Last edited by mcjful; 07-05-2011 at 02:01 PM..
mcjful is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 07-05-2011, 07:13 PM   #152
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Nkeibaby
cynthialynn. thanks so muc for the response. I have been on carb down since yesterday and was just gonna start from week 2. May I ask where you were able to find this information? I thoughth I saw it in the book the first time I read it but could not find it anywhere. Also, on carb down days, do you eat more fat? I have been adding a serving of fat to all the meals except the one with a starch. Is this right? I am trying not to go too low in calories in carb down, and the book seems to say to add fats, please tell me what you do on carb down days. I know the body needs fuel from somewhere if it is not getting it from fat. Thanks.
Nkeibaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 07:32 PM   #153
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: 1LittleBee
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: It Depends!
Book

Quote:
cynthialynn. thanks so muc for the response. I have been on carb down since yesterday and was just gonna start from week 2. May I ask where you were able to find this information? I thoughth I saw it in the book the first time I read it but could not find it anywhere. Also, on carb down days, do you eat more fat? I have been adding a serving of fat to all the meals except the one with a starch. Is this right? I am trying not to go too low in calories in carb down, and the book seems to say to add fats, please tell me what you do on carb down days. I know the body needs fuel from somewhere if it is not getting it from fat. Thanks.
Hi, See page 155. 156. When I have started over, I think I did 5 carb down then 2 base line and then started on week 2. That way I had an 8 week cycle. I think it is pretty flexible, so do what works for you. I liked to keep it at 8 weeks. Best Wishes!
1LittleBee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 09:35 AM   #154
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: christy25
Stats: 194/174.4/145
WOE: crack the fat loss code
Start Date: July 5th 2011
Hey gals, I just started "crack" yesterday. My dh and I are doing this together. We did it once before and liked it, do not know why we stopped. Anyway here we are again. We are on day 2 of carb deplete. We didn't get to start on Monday, we just got back from a long vacation to Disney and the beach and needed to shop. So we will carb deplete next Monday too and then go on with Tuesday the way it is. I think that will work. Yesterday I really missed those carbs, but looking at all the labels I realized how many carbs I'd been eating or drinking, OOOOOOOOOH, not good. Will chime in and let you know how we're doing. Dh seemed to do really well yesterday, I did too, I just missed my carbs.

Keep crackin' we can do this.
christy25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 11:12 AM   #155
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by christy25 View Post
Hey gals, I just started "crack" yesterday. My dh and I are doing this together. We did it once before and liked it, do not know why we stopped. Anyway here we are again. We are on day 2 of carb deplete. We didn't get to start on Monday, we just got back from a long vacation to Disney and the beach and needed to shop. So we will carb deplete next Monday too and then go on with Tuesday the way it is. I think that will work. Yesterday I really missed those carbs, but looking at all the labels I realized how many carbs I'd been eating or drinking, OOOOOOOOOH, not good. Will chime in and let you know how we're doing. Dh seemed to do really well yesterday, I did too, I just missed my carbs.

Keep crackin' we can do this.
good luck!
Old 07-06-2011, 03:29 PM   #156
Junior LCF Member

Thanks LittleBee
Old 07-06-2011, 08:48 PM   #157
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: cynthialynn
Stats: 180.6/136/125
WOE: JUDD
Quote:
Also, on carb down days, do you eat more fat? I have been adding a serving of fat to all the meals except the one with a starch. Is this right? I am trying not to go too low in calories in carb down, and the book seems to say to add fats, please tell me what you do on carb down days. I know the body needs fuel from somewhere if it is not getting it from fat. Thanks.
Yes - that is right you add a serving of fat to each meal except the one with a starch. If you follow the plan as listed - you should have no problems getting all the calories you need.
cynthialynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 06:05 AM   #158
Junior LCF Member

Cynthia...thanks so much for the input. I have been feeling like I am doin it wron. Due to some inconsistencies I have found in the book, I guess I have been overly paranoid. I find carb down days to be the hardest due to lack of meal choices. Do you have any favorite recipes or snacks that help you throuh those days? I just dont know how many ways to eat pprotein alone, now with carbs...yes. lol
Old 07-07-2011, 06:08 AM   #159
Junior LCF Member

Cynthia, If I may ask, how much did you lose on the first go of Crack....I am looking at your stats, but I don't which is current, begining and goal. I am assuming you are 125 is that right? wow
Old 07-07-2011, 06:21 AM   #160
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: NettieL
Stats: 223/183.4/160
WOE: Atkins/ctflc
Start Date: April 2010
Quote:
Cynthia...thanks so much for the input. I have been feeling like I am doin it wron. Due to some inconsistencies I have found in the book, I guess I have been overly paranoid. I find carb down days to be the hardest due to lack of meal choices. Do you have any favorite recipes or snacks that help you throuh those days? I just dont know how many ways to eat pprotein alone, now with carbs...yes. lol
Hi. For me the protein drinks flavored, Caramel Toffee Fudge help a lot on carb deplete days.
NettieL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 06:48 AM   #161
Junior LCF Member

I like the protein shakes on carb deplete days. They are really good if you put them in the freezer and then it's like a milk shake.
Old 07-07-2011, 06:50 AM   #162
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: NettieL
Stats: 223/183.4/160
WOE: Atkins/ctflc
Start Date: April 2010
Quote:
I like the protein shakes on carb deplete days. They are really good if you put them in the freezer and then it's like a milk shake.
Yes, And I bought one of those bullet type blenders, and it does a great job!
NettieL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 09:12 AM   #163
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Christie33
Stats: 227/227/140
WOE: Crack the Fat Loss Code- Carb Cycling
Start Date: July 20th
Hello Y'All,

I am new here. Thanks for all the posts they are very informitive. Last month I did the first week carb deplete and did well. No probs and lost 11 lbs. As I started week 2 day 2 my fam and I went on vacation sooo I blew it epic-ly. That being said I have since put back on 5 lbs. Not so good. I hope to start back on after a trip I take next week.

I was wondering, Do I need to do a Deplete week every time I mess up (restart)? I also bought Conquer and there is no deplete the first week, why is that? Which is best? I feel the deplete makes more sense for a "beginner". To get your body reset, flushed or whatever. I was spot on and then Conquer kinda threw me off.

Have a awesome day!!
Christie33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 10:31 AM   #164
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christie33 View Post
Hello Y'All,

I am new here. Thanks for all the posts they are very informitive. Last month I did the first week carb deplete and did well. No probs and lost 11 lbs. As I started week 2 day 2 my fam and I went on vacation sooo I blew it epic-ly. That being said I have since put back on 5 lbs. Not so good. I hope to start back on after a trip I take next week.

I was wondering, Do I need to do a Deplete week every time I mess up (restart)? I also bought Conquer and there is no deplete the first week, why is that? Which is best? I feel the deplete makes more sense for a "beginner". To get your body reset, flushed or whatever. I was spot on and then Conquer kinda threw me off.

Have a awesome day!!
Yea for your 11 pound weight loss. Sorry that you gained back 5 but at least you didn't gain it all back. I gained 4 on my vacation too. I just started deplete this week. I have both books conquer and crack and I'm not sure why there is no deplete week, except I think someone mentioned that most people do conquer after crack, so you would've already did a deplete week. As for if you should deplete again I don't know I'll leave that to some of the other crackers. I was on here before under another name and couldn't find myself. So I started again. But some of these ladies have been here for a while and they are awesome. Good look on your future weight loss and don't be discouraged, you can do this.
Old 07-07-2011, 11:52 AM   #165
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Christie33
Stats: 227/227/140
WOE: Crack the Fat Loss Code- Carb Cycling
Start Date: July 20th
Quote:
Yea for your 11 pound weight loss. Sorry that you gained back 5 but at least you didn't gain it all back. I gained 4 on my vacation too. I just started deplete this week. I have both books conquer and crack and I'm not sure why there is no deplete week, except I think someone mentioned that most people do conquer after crack, so you would've already did a deplete week. As for if you should deplete again I don't know I'll leave that to some of the other crackers. I was on here before under another name and couldn't find myself. So I started again. But some of these ladies have been here for a while and they are awesome. Good look on your future weight loss and don't be discouraged, you can do this.
Thankyou Christy,
I think I am gonna just do as you said Crack then Conquer. Though the recipes in Conquer are helpful. I will keep my eyes on the posts from the other ladies I have already got some great tips.

Keep up the good work 7 days goes by fast. I know when mine was over I found an new love, OATMEAL!!! Who knew? I cant wait to start again.
Christie33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 02:30 PM   #166
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
There are quite a few inconsistencies in the book - but try not to over think it.
I never found carb down days to be that hard. After all - you do get one serving of starch those days! As far as snacks go - I relied on protein shakes and low fat cheese sticks to get me through.
Old 07-07-2011, 02:33 PM   #167
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Cynthia, If I may ask, how much did you lose on the first go of Crack....I am looking at your stats, but I don't which is current, begining and goal. I am assuming you are 125 is that right? wow
I am at 122-124 at the moment and have been maintaining for several years.
I lost just over 15 lbs on my first round.
Old 07-07-2011, 02:39 PM   #168
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christie33 View Post
Hello Y'All,

Have a awesome day!!
No need to deplete again if you did a clean deplete before. Just do 5 carb down days and then finish the rest of week 2. So CCCCCDB - then onto week 3. Those 5 lbs will be gone before you know it. The Conquer book is meant to be followed after Crack. Conquer didn't do anything for me - so I stayed with Crack.
Old 07-12-2011, 09:16 AM   #169
Junior LCF Member

Down 5.6 pounds for deplete week. YEA!!!!

How is everyone doing?

Is anyone out there? LOL

Have a great day everyone.
Old 07-12-2011, 10:26 AM   #170
Senior LCF Member

Way to go Christy!
Congrats on making it through deplete week!
Old 07-13-2011, 07:58 AM   #171
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Down 5.6 pounds for deplete week. YEA!!!!

How is everyone doing?

Is anyone out there? LOL

Have a great day everyone.
GREAT LOSS!!! Congratulations
Old 07-13-2011, 05:10 PM   #172
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: 1LittleBee
Start Date: It Depends!
Good Job Newbies!!!!! This WOE works. Stay with it.
1LittleBee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2011, 07:39 AM   #173
Junior LCF Member

Thanks gals. It's nice to have everyone cheering you on. BTW Dh is doing this with me and he lost 5.4.

You gals are awesome. Hope everyone has a wonderful wonderful day.

BTW do you think the bed feel better now that we took 11 pounds out of it? LOL
Old 07-20-2011, 06:34 AM   #174
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: carla70
Stats: 225/225/150
Start Date: 05/05/2014
Hi everyone, so glad this is still going. I did Crack a few years ago, didn't lose a lot on it but I didn't follow the way I should of either. Still have both Crack and Conquer. I need to do something and I like that this plan really doesn't deprive you of anything.

I was thinking of starting tomorrow, but I think it best that I start on Monday and get my kitchen and groceries and menu ready to start.

So I will watch what I eat until Monday and start with you all Monday.

EXCITED
Old 07-20-2011, 07:26 PM   #175
Senior LCF Member

Welcome back!
Old 07-22-2011, 11:08 AM   #176
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: carla70
Stats: 225/225/150
Start Date: 05/05/2014
Thank you Cynthialynn. This board is sure a lot quieter than before.
carla70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 08:57 AM   #177
Major LCF Poster!

Hellooooooooooo!!!! Anybody out there? LOL

I'm still doing good maintaining. Hope everyone is doing great.
Old 08-05-2011, 10:00 AM   #178
Senior LCF Member

Heeelloooooooooo!
Still maintaining here.
Hope all is well with everyone.
Old 08-05-2011, 10:16 AM   #179
Major LCF Poster!

Girl I just knew you would check in!!! I am FINALLY in maintenance.

Glad that you are still doing good.
Old 08-05-2011, 12:08 PM   #180
Senior LCF Member

Welcome to maintenance!
I still can't believe that I have been able to maintain my weight for so long. First time in my life I have been able to do that. Gotta love Wendy Chant!