Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home


Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Other Plans
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-27-2011, 09:57 AM   #121
Junior LCF Member
 
alaskachick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Juneau, Alaska
Posts: 47
Gallery: alaskachick
Stats: 185/177/150
WOE: Atkins/Low-Carb Started JUDDD: 12/22/12
Start Date: October 10, 2011
I just printed the charts from mcjful and Rose, (THANK YOU) but I think they are specific to CRACK, not Conquer - which is what I am trying to follow. Has anyone happened to have made docs for Conquer?

I could work on it if not (when I get a chance!)

Starting Monday!

Thanks!
Erica
alaskachick is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 05-27-2011, 05:43 PM   #122
Major LCF Poster!
 
mcjful's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Central TX
Posts: 2,099
Gallery: mcjful
Stats: 256/165/150
Start Date: Everyday
Quote:
Originally Posted by alaskachick View Post
I just printed the charts from mcjful and Rose, (THANK YOU) but I think they are specific to CRACK, not Conquer - which is what I am trying to follow. Has anyone happened to have made docs for Conquer?

I could work on it if not (when I get a chance!)

Starting Monday!

Thanks!
Erica
Not that I am aware of.
mcjful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 01:27 PM   #123
Junior LCF Member
 
alaskachick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Juneau, Alaska
Posts: 47
Gallery: alaskachick
Stats: 185/177/150
WOE: Atkins/Low-Carb Started JUDDD: 12/22/12
Start Date: October 10, 2011
FYI

Well, if anyone is out there just wanted to let y'all know I started a journal in the Inspiration/Journal section. I'm starting today!

Is there going to be a May/June thread for CFLC? Seems like a lot of people disappeared. Did it stop working?

Where is everyone??????????!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks!
Erica
alaskachick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 01:31 PM   #124
Junior LCF Member
 
alaskachick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Juneau, Alaska
Posts: 47
Gallery: alaskachick
Stats: 185/177/150
WOE: Atkins/Low-Carb Started JUDDD: 12/22/12
Start Date: October 10, 2011
I AM!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawnray View Post
Is anyone doing conquer the fat loss code?

Hello Dawnray,

I am doing CONQUER - just starting today! How is it going with you?

Erica
alaskachick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 06:25 PM   #125
Senior LCF Member
 
1LittleBee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 289
Gallery: 1LittleBee
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: It Depends!
Quote:
Originally Posted by alaskachick View Post
Well, if anyone is out there just wanted to let y'all know I started a journal in the Inspiration/Journal section. I'm starting today!

Is there going to be a May/June thread for CFLC? Seems like a lot of people disappeared. Did it stop working?

Where is everyone??????????!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks!
Erica
It does work! If you follow the plan it does work!
1LittleBee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 06:31 PM   #126
MLE
Senior LCF Member
 
MLE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: French Riviera
Posts: 168
Gallery: MLE
Stats: 175/140/130 5'5"
WOE: Atkins/Crackin'
Start Date: June 2010/New start in 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by alaskachick View Post
Well, if anyone is out there just wanted to let y'all know I started a journal in the Inspiration/Journal section. I'm starting today!

Is there going to be a May/June thread for CFLC? Seems like a lot of people disappeared. Did it stop working?

Where is everyone??????????!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks!
Erica
Hi Erica,
I recently switched from Atkins to CTFLC - I am on week 4, day 3. I, too, had seemed to hit a wall with Atkins after getting within 10lbs. of goal. I came across Watch-Me-Shrink's journey and thought this might be worth trying as an experiment. So far, I am very pleased with this WOE. It is not nearly as rigid as Atkins and, for me, is easier on my psyche. With Atkins, adding carbs back in to my diet was scary and I was constantly dropping back to induction levels. I recently got the "Crack" book from the local library and found it so enlightening! She explains the diet from a nutritionist/scientific perspective in a way that made TOTAL sense. Now that I have finished this book, I would love to know how she assigns B, C, D, etc. days to workouts. Would you mind posting that?
I look forward to reading your journal!
MLE
__________________
Being defeated is often a temporary condition. Giving up is what makes it permanent.
-- Marilyn Mach Vos Savant
___________________________________________
Lost 30lbs. in 6 months with Atkins
Learned the value of carbs with CTFLC
Trying JUDDD on for size
Minigoal - 135lbs.
GOAL - 125lbs.
MLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 07:47 PM   #127
Junior LCF Member
 
alaskachick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Juneau, Alaska
Posts: 47
Gallery: alaskachick
Stats: 185/177/150
WOE: Atkins/Low-Carb Started JUDDD: 12/22/12
Start Date: October 10, 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by MLE View Post
Hi Erica,
I recently switched from Atkins to CTFLC - I am on week 4, day 3. I, too, had seemed to hit a wall with Atkins after getting within 10lbs. of goal. I came across Watch-Me-Shrink's journey and thought this might be worth trying as an experiment. So far, I am very pleased with this WOE. It is not nearly as rigid as Atkins and, for me, is easier on my psyche. With Atkins, adding carbs back in to my diet was scary and I was constantly dropping back to induction levels. I recently got the "Crack" book from the local library and found it so enlightening! She explains the diet from a nutritionist/scientific perspective in a way that made TOTAL sense. Now that I have finished this book, I would love to know how she assigns B, C, D, etc. days to workouts. Would you mind posting that?
I look forward to reading your journal!
MLE
Hi MLE,

Nice to hear from you! Are you following Crack or Conquer? I have Conquer on Kindle, but have Crack on the way in the mail. I was actually a bit disappointed in the lack of information in Conquer as far as the science goes. It is very motivating to me to KNOW HOW a program works! Glad to hear Crack may explain it more. So how is it going for you so far?

I am on the Carb Up day today, and found myself hungry all day! I'm afraid I went a bit overboard this afternoon - dinner was delayed and I ate a bunch of Whoppers! Oh, well... onward on upward (or should I say, DOWNward

As far as exercise goes, it is not very clear to me exactly how it fits with the food plan. Yes, its listed in the book, but not explained well, and sometimes the charts contradict the book content. Did you want the layout from Conquer? I've been posting my workouts in my journal. Let me know if you want to know more....

Thanks for writing and ttyl!
Erica
alaskachick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 07:56 PM   #128
Senior LCF Member
 
1LittleBee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 289
Gallery: 1LittleBee
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: It Depends!
Quote:
Originally Posted by alaskachick View Post
Hi MLE,

Nice to hear from you! Are you following Crack or Conquer? I have Conquer on Kindle, but have Crack on the way in the mail. I was actually a bit disappointed in the lack of information in Conquer as far as the science goes. It is very motivating to me to KNOW HOW a program works! Glad to hear Crack may explain it more. So how is it going for you so far?

I am on the Carb Up day today, and found myself hungry all day! I'm afraid I went a bit overboard this afternoon - dinner was delayed and I ate a bunch of Whoppers! Oh, well... onward on upward (or should I say, DOWNward

As far as exercise goes, it is not very clear to me exactly how it fits with the food plan. Yes, its listed in the book, but not explained well, and sometimes the charts contradict the book content. Did you want the layout from Conquer? I've been posting my workouts in my journal. Let me know if you want to know more....

Thanks for writing and ttyl!
Erica
Hi Erica,

If you just started CTFLC on the 30th of May, you should still be on deplete. The first Carb-Up Day "D" is on day 10. I know you are waiting for your book in the mail. Mary always puts a link to the basic plan in the first post of the month.

Best of luck.
1LittleBee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 11:07 PM   #129
Junior LCF Member
 
alaskachick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Juneau, Alaska
Posts: 47
Gallery: alaskachick
Stats: 185/177/150
WOE: Atkins/Low-Carb Started JUDDD: 12/22/12
Start Date: October 10, 2011
Hi Debbie, Thanks but that's how it is in Conquer! Hope its as effective!

Erica
alaskachick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 03:51 AM   #130
Senior LCF Member
 
1LittleBee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 289
Gallery: 1LittleBee
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: It Depends!
Ooooopppppssss

Quote:
Originally Posted by alaskachick View Post
Hi Debbie, Thanks but that's how it is in Conquer! Hope its as effective!

Erica
Sorry, I totally missed that. Let us know how Conquer works for you. I have both books but only did Crack.

Have a wonderful day!
1LittleBee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 11:16 AM   #131
Major LCF Poster!
 
mcjful's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Central TX
Posts: 2,099
Gallery: mcjful
Stats: 256/165/150
Start Date: Everyday
Quote:
Originally Posted by alaskachick View Post
Hi Debbie, Thanks but that's how it is in Conquer! Hope its as effective!

Erica
You are right HOWEVER she DOES mention in the Conquer book that you need to start with a week of deplete. Many of the peeps who did Conquer did not do the deplete ~ same as you and had success. We never really had many that did the Conquer so you are basically stepping into new territory on this board.
mcjful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2011, 10:21 AM   #132
Junior LCF Member
 
alaskachick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Juneau, Alaska
Posts: 47
Gallery: alaskachick
Stats: 185/177/150
WOE: Atkins/Low-Carb Started JUDDD: 12/22/12
Start Date: October 10, 2011
DEPLETE???

Hi MC,

Could you tell me where it says that? I didn't remember reading it, and the plan starts with Week 1, Day 1....etc, with no mention of deplete. I used the search function in my e-book and the first mention of deplete is several weeks into the program (and only to say that the "Zero Starch" days are similar to deplete days).

THANKS!
Erica
alaskachick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2011, 12:04 PM   #133
Major LCF Poster!
 
mcjful's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Central TX
Posts: 2,099
Gallery: mcjful
Stats: 256/165/150
Start Date: Everyday
Ok on page 185 it is in the "weekend plans" ~ not the "normal" one.

Wendy Chant stated in an newsletter that she "assumed" peeps would have already done "crack" and this plan was to further the goals. She always recommended doing "crack" first.

While Wendy was still alive there was a lady that worked closely with her in the bootcamps and would post the answers to our questions. BUT as previously stated there were not many at all who followed Conquer.

Conquer came out in idk April or May and Wendy's cancer returned shortly thereafter and she died in November ~ so we didn't get many conquer questions answered.

I am very sure it would be helpful to others if you post your experiences with conquer.
__________________
Mary
mcjful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2011, 01:20 PM   #134
Junior LCF Member
 
alaskachick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Juneau, Alaska
Posts: 47
Gallery: alaskachick
Stats: 185/177/150
WOE: Atkins/Low-Carb Started JUDDD: 12/22/12
Start Date: October 10, 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcjful View Post
Ok on page 185 it is in the "weekend plans" ~ not the "normal" one.

Wendy Chant stated in an newsletter that she "assumed" peeps would have already done "crack" and this plan was to further the goals. She always recommended doing "crack" first.

While Wendy was still alive there was a lady that worked closely with her in the bootcamps and would post the answers to our questions. BUT as previously stated there were not many at all who followed Conquer.

Conquer came out in idk April or May and Wendy's cancer returned shortly thereafter and she died in November ~ so we didn't get many conquer questions answered.

I am very sure it would be helpful to others if you post your experiences with conquer.
Thanks Mary. I was curious when I got the Conquer book if it was intended as a follow-up of Crack, but Wendy says near the beginning that the book is for those who have followed Crack, AND for complete newbies. So it is a bit confusing. But I will just continue on as I am with the program.

It is so sad to have lost her - she seemed like she really went out of her way to help others.

I will keep on keepin' on and post in my journal.

THANKS for your help!
Erica
alaskachick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2011, 07:26 AM   #135
Senior LCF Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Los Angeles,CA
Posts: 238
Gallery: cynthialynn
Stats: 180.6/136/125
WOE: JUDD
I definitely think that conquer was intended to be a follow up to crack - and I think it probably makes it easier if you've done crack first. I tried conquer after I did crack a few times and it just didn't work for me - so I went back to crack. There was a woman on here a long time ago (can't remember her name!) who skipped crack and did VERY well on conquer - so I guess everyone responds differently. I look forward to hearing about your progress!
cynthialynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2011, 02:04 PM   #136
Senior LCF Member
 
bocabon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Boca Raton, Florida
Posts: 135
Gallery: bocabon
Stats: 169/155/140
WOE: Cracker
Start Date: January 2010
Hi Everyone!
Been busy with the end of school and am now BACK! Had some not so good days, but started seriously again today.
Going to catch up on everyone's post since when I left off.
Have a good week all.

Bonni
bocabon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2011, 03:15 PM   #137
MLE
Senior LCF Member
 
MLE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: French Riviera
Posts: 168
Gallery: MLE
Stats: 175/140/130 5'5"
WOE: Atkins/Crackin'
Start Date: June 2010/New start in 2012
Hi everyone!
Sorry it has been awhile. I am swamped with packing - our family is moving out of the country at the end of the month.

It looks like you could be our inspiration to actually tackle "Conquer," Erica! In reading old "cracker" threads on here, it seemed to me that everyone that tried it gave up on "Conquer" because it was too confusing, too detailed - like information overload. So kudo's to you, Erica, for hanging in there and doing it!

I am going to see if the library has it, now that I am done with "Crack." If anything, I am very curious to see what other nuggets of knowledge Wendy had to share. So far, I am loving this WOE. It has done a number of wonderful things for me. It has enabled me to not be scared of carbs, it has taught me to not be an emotional eater (which I need right now), it has allowed me to have "normal" food out with friends (and, instead of feeling guilty, now I think about how it is stoking my metabolism!), and it has helped me understand how my body uses energy in a way that I can feel like I have some control over it. I can't wait to finish the eight weeks and see how far I've come!
MLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2011, 03:34 PM   #138
MLE
Senior LCF Member
 
MLE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: French Riviera
Posts: 168
Gallery: MLE
Stats: 175/140/130 5'5"
WOE: Atkins/Crackin'
Start Date: June 2010/New start in 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by cynthialynn View Post
Ezekiel bread is a sprouted - therefore flourless bread.
I get mine at Trader Joes.
BTW, just wanted to say that I FINALLY :blush: found the Ezekiel bread!! It is in Publix, in the frozen food section, tucked WAY back into a corner! I got the sesame and it is YUMMY! Now, how to get this stuff into France...
mle
MLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2011, 02:49 PM   #139
Senior LCF Member
 
bocabon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Boca Raton, Florida
Posts: 135
Gallery: bocabon
Stats: 169/155/140
WOE: Cracker
Start Date: January 2010
Hope everyone is doing well. Anybody around????
Bonni
bocabon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2011, 06:58 PM   #140
Junior LCF Member
 
alaskachick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Juneau, Alaska
Posts: 47
Gallery: alaskachick
Stats: 185/177/150
WOE: Atkins/Low-Carb Started JUDDD: 12/22/12
Start Date: October 10, 2011
hi bonnie,

i did crack for a few days, and somewhere began reading about intermittent fasting.... SOMEwhat similar to crack, but easier to follow....

i may come back to crack if i can't handle this.......... i am following the 'fast-5' concept for the most part. seems lots have had success with it.

sorry hope i'm not a downer!

how is everyone else?

erica
alaskachick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2011, 07:36 PM   #141
Senior LCF Member
 
1LittleBee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 289
Gallery: 1LittleBee
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: It Depends!
I want ot learn more...

Quote:
Originally Posted by alaskachick View Post
hi bonnie,

i did crack for a few days, and somewhere began reading about intermittent fasting.... SOMEwhat similar to crack, but easier to follow....

i may come back to crack if i can't handle this.......... i am following the 'fast-5' concept for the most part. seems lots have had success with it.

sorry hope i'm not a downer!

how is everyone else?

erica
Hi Erica,

Is there a book? Or shall I just google it? Crack worked for me. But I like to shake things up and I think it is time to try something new.
1LittleBee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2011, 07:51 PM   #142
Junior LCF Member
 
alaskachick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Juneau, Alaska
Posts: 47
Gallery: alaskachick
Stats: 185/177/150
WOE: Atkins/Low-Carb Started JUDDD: 12/22/12
Start Date: October 10, 2011
Debbie -

You can google "Fast-5 Diet", Warrior Diet, JUDDD, or just intermittent fasting.

There are several lengthy threads on the OTHER lowcarb forum titled "intermittent fasting"... I actually haven't checked this one yet!

I would also google IF and 'science', to put your mind at ease about the (supposed) myth that intermittent slows down your metabolism. That was my main concern!

Erica =)
alaskachick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2011, 08:55 PM   #143
Junior LCF Member
 
alaskachick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Juneau, Alaska
Posts: 47
Gallery: alaskachick
Stats: 185/177/150
WOE: Atkins/Low-Carb Started JUDDD: 12/22/12
Start Date: October 10, 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by alaskachick View Post
Debbie -

You can google "Fast-5 Diet", Warrior Diet, JUDDD, or just intermittent fasting.

There are several lengthy threads on the OTHER lowcarb forum titled "intermittent fasting"... I actually haven't checked this one yet!

I would also google IF and 'science', to put your mind at ease about the (supposed) myth that intermittent slows down your metabolism. That was my main concern!

Erica =)
Also, Leangains and Stop, Eat, Stop!
Erica
alaskachick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 03:23 PM   #144
MLE
Senior LCF Member
 
MLE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: French Riviera
Posts: 168
Gallery: MLE
Stats: 175/140/130 5'5"
WOE: Atkins/Crackin'
Start Date: June 2010/New start in 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by alaskachick View Post
hi bonnie,

i did crack for a few days, and somewhere began reading about intermittent fasting.... SOMEwhat similar to crack, but easier to follow....

i may come back to crack if i can't handle this.......... i am following the 'fast-5' concept for the most part. seems lots have had success with it.

sorry hope i'm not a downer!

how is everyone else?

erica
I tried JUDDD as an experiment for about two weeks before I switched to Crack and it did terrible things to my body! I hope you have better luck with it than I did!
mle
MLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 08:59 PM   #145
Senior LCF Member
 
bocabon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Boca Raton, Florida
Posts: 135
Gallery: bocabon
Stats: 169/155/140
WOE: Cracker
Start Date: January 2010
Hi everyone. Very quiet here, hope everyone is hanging in there!
Bonni
bocabon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2011, 07:45 AM   #146
Senior LCF Member
 
pagirl83's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 92
Gallery: pagirl83
Stats: 172/142/?
WOE: CTFLC
Start Date: January 18, 2010
Hi ladies!! Sorry I've been MIA, lost my job yet gained a lot of weight AT that job so am trying again (story of my life...) All encouragement needed!
pagirl83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2011, 11:37 AM   #147
Senior LCF Member
 
NettieL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Rhode Island
Posts: 148
Gallery: NettieL
Stats: 223/183.4/160
WOE: Atkins/ctflc
Start Date: April 2010
Hi, I am here. Still hovering around 188 to 190.
Just can't crack that number.
I am still doing Zumba and fitness over 50 exercises.
People tell me I am getting smaller, but I just don't see it on the scale.
Haging in there though!
NettieL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2011, 02:12 PM   #148
Senior LCF Member
 
bocabon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Boca Raton, Florida
Posts: 135
Gallery: bocabon
Stats: 169/155/140
WOE: Cracker
Start Date: January 2010
Happy 4th of July everyone!!!!!!

Bonni
bocabon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2011, 05:34 PM   #149
Junior LCF Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 7
Gallery: Nkeibaby
Please can anyone advise me on what to do to restart? I completed the deplete week in May and went on to week 2 and 3. Then I fell off, started body for life diet and lost ten pounds but now I want to carb cycle again and dont know if I am supposed to do the whole deplete again or start with week two. Please help.
Nkeibaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2011, 10:13 PM   #150
Senior LCF Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Los Angeles,CA
Posts: 238
Gallery: cynthialynn
Stats: 180.6/136/125
WOE: JUDD
Nkeibaby - to return to the plan do 5 carb down days followed by a carb up and then a baseline. So CCCCCDB - then continue on with week 3.
cynthialynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 01:02 PM.


Copyright ©1999-2014 Friends Forums LLC. All rights reserved. - Terms of Service | Privacy Policy
LowCarbFriends® is a registered mark of Friends Forums, LLC.