Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Other Plans
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-13-2011, 10:33 AM   #91
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: NoMoreExcuses
Stats: 181.1/181.1/145
WOE: Weight Watchers Simply Filling
Start Date: 1/6/2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by cynthialynn View Post
I don't have the book in front of me - but I remember that there are MANY mistakes in the book. I never used any of the recipes - I just followed the rules and made up my own. BTW... I used 1/2 1/2 in my coffee everyday (never more than 1 TBLS) and I lost just fine.
I don't uses those recipes either, but when I see something like that, I wonder what I am missing.
NoMoreExcuses is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 05-13-2011, 10:34 AM   #92
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
I don't have the book in front of me - but I remember that there are MANY mistakes in the book. I never used any of the recipes - I just followed the rules and made up my own. BTW... I used 1/2 1/2 in my coffee everyday (never more than 1 TBLS) and I lost just fine.
Your stats are great....Did you do all of that with CTFLC?
Old 05-13-2011, 04:11 PM   #93
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: cynthialynn
Stats: 180.6/136/125
WOE: JUDD
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoMoreExcuses View Post
Your stats are great....Did you do all of that with CTFLC?
Thanks! Yes - all on CTFLC and I have been maintaining now for about 2 years.
cynthialynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2011, 08:34 PM   #94
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: mcjful
Stats: 256/165/150
Start Date: Everyday
Wendy Chant had horrible editors with the first book and as cynthialynn has stated there is many many mistakes. It would be okay on a carb up day (d)
but NOT on baseline (b).
mcjful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2011, 05:18 PM   #95
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: bocabon
Stats: 169/155/140
WOE: Cracker
Start Date: January 2010
Hi Everyone!

Yay!!!! I finished deplete!!! :

Decided to weigh today instead of tomorrow, and lost 6 pounds! last time I lost 7, but I am excited!!!
So I'm back and on week 2. I definitely feel better being on this WOE then not!

I'm actually looking forward to Wendy's oatmeal tomorrow!

Of course I am looking forward to my 1st D day on Saturday more!
Hope everyone is doing well. We can do it!!!

Mary, thanks again for this forum.

Have a great week everyone!

Bonni
bocabon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 06:19 AM   #96
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bocabon View Post
Hi Everyone!

Bonni
Congratulations Bonni! Deplete week was pretty easy for me, as an experienced low-carber. I am almost done with week 2. Yesterday was my carb-up day, so I don't think I will weigh for a few more days.

Enjoy your bread!!
Old 05-16-2011, 07:10 AM   #97
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bocabon View Post
Hi Everyone!

Decided to weigh today instead of tomorrow, and lost 6 pounds! last time I lost 7, but I am excited!!!
So I'm back and on week 2. I definitely feel better being on this WOE then not!

I'm actually looking forward to Wendy's oatmeal tomorrow!

Of course I am looking forward to my 1st D day on Saturday more!
Hope everyone is doing well. We can do it!!!

Mary, thanks again for this forum.

Have a great week everyone!

Bonni
YOU did it!!! Congratulations.
Old 05-16-2011, 01:23 PM   #98
Senior LCF Member

Way to go Bonni!!!!!
Old 05-16-2011, 08:31 PM   #99
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Dawnray
Stats: 192.4/177.4/150
WOE: Crack the fat loss code
Start Date: Oct 22 2008
Is anyone doing conquer the fat loss code?
Dawnray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 06:09 AM   #100
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Nkeibaby
Hiii. Day 3 carb deplete...hard. Help please

Hello everyone,
Since reading the book I've been searching the web for support groups because although the book made sense, I found a lot of discrepancies and I really just want to do this right. This is day three and the past two days have been confusing. This carb deplete seems like Atkins induction phase but when I add up the calories in the books meal plan, the fat it too low, but then the book says this week I should be eating more fat since there are little carbs. So please can someone help me clarify what I am to count?I have been counting the carbs and eating protein and more fat. I am hardly hungry and have to force myself to eat. Should I only eat when I'm hungry? I'm really excited. I can tell somethings happening, my face looks less puffy
Nkeibaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 01:16 PM   #101
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nkeibaby View Post
Hello everyone,
Since reading the book I've been searching the web for support groups because although the book made sense, I found a lot of discrepancies and I really just want to do this right. This is day three and the past two days have been confusing. This carb deplete seems like Atkins induction phase but when I add up the calories in the books meal plan, the fat it too low, but then the book says this week I should be eating more fat since there are little carbs. So please can someone help me clarify what I am to count?I have been counting the carbs and eating protein and more fat. I am hardly hungry and have to force myself to eat. Should I only eat when I'm hungry? I'm really excited. I can tell somethings happening, my face looks less puffy
you only count the APPROVED carbs this week ~ no need to count anything else.
Old 05-18-2011, 02:43 PM   #102
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: bocabon
Stats: 169/155/140
WOE: Cracker
Start Date: January 2010
Thanks for the congrats everyone!
I am enjoying the EZ bread!!

Dawnray, I tried conquer, but really did not enjoy it or do that well. But, I have some medical issues and didn't really exercise.

Crack is the best for me!!

Bonni
bocabon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2011, 07:20 PM   #103
Senior LCF Member

Thanks Bonni,
I know a lot of the plans seem to do days to weeks of the mostly protein to get you started.
I did the crack before and lost but then over time went back to my old habits. My life seems so busy , I just thought it might be easier. I like to exercise, and eat! LOL
Old 05-20-2011, 10:33 AM   #104
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawnray View Post
Thanks Bonni,
I know a lot of the plans seem to do days to weeks of the mostly protein to get you started.
I did the crack before and lost but then over time went back to my old habits. My life seems so busy , I just thought it might be easier. I like to exercise, and eat! LOL
Dawnray ~ conquer is in my opinion very time consuming. I did do it for 8 weeks and lost about 15 pounds BUT I felt as if I was totally consumed by trying to remember what I was suppose to eat that day. I did not add "her" exercise nor did I take the supplements.
Old 05-20-2011, 02:09 PM   #105
Senior LCF Member

Thanks,
I see what you mean on crack you know the days and easy how they rotate.
I think my problem is doing the 1st week again . My life is very busy right now with weddings, grads, birthdays, anniversary etc. So I may do the deplete at the end of the month when things slow down. I did start exercising, and am eating healthier.
Old 05-20-2011, 06:09 PM   #106
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Nkeibaby
Thanks Mary
Nkeibaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2011, 09:55 PM   #107
MLE
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: MLE
Stats: 175/140/130 5'5"
WOE: Atkins/Crackin'
Start Date: June 2010/New start in 2012
Hi everyone!
Can I jump in here, too? I am coming from the Atkins side of the forum...saw Watch-Me-Shrink's journey and was inspired to try something new to kick things up a notch. I've completed the Carb Deplete week and am now on week 2, day 4. I have not purchased the book but have poured over the wonderful information Mary posted back in 2008(?) and that thread - printed most of it. The one thing I am wary of are the Carb-up days...

In the original thread there was a cheat sheet created that designated Cheat Days, where you could have anything you liked for the last two meals. Is this the same as the Carb-up day? I am coming up to my first one and don't want to screw things up by misunderstanding this.
Thanks!
mle
Lost 30lbs. in 6 months with Atkins
Learned the value of carbs with CTFLC
Trying JUDDD on for size
Minigoal - 135lbs.
GOAL - 125lbs.
MLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2011, 05:14 PM   #108
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MLE View Post
Hi everyone!
Can I jump in here, too? I am coming from the Atkins side of the forum...saw Watch-Me-Shrink's journey and was inspired to try something new to kick things up a notch. I've completed the Carb Deplete week and am now on week 2, day 4. I have not purchased the book but have poured over the wonderful information Mary posted back in 2008(?) and that thread - printed most of it. The one thing I am wary of are the Carb-up days...

In the original thread there was a cheat sheet created that designated Cheat Days, where you could have anything you liked for the last two meals. Is this the same as the Carb-up day? I am coming up to my first one and don't want to screw things up by misunderstanding this.
Thanks!
mle
Sorry I just saw this and it may be too late for this carb up day. Carb up day is basically your last two meals VERY carby and eat what YOU want. LOL
Do not weigh until tues or wed (OOPS ~ just saw you may not be on a Sat/Wed carb up day ~ just make sure you wait 2 or 3 days to weigh)! You body will hold water after your carb up day and you will need a few days to get rid of it. Good Luck!!!

Last edited by mcjful; 05-21-2011 at 05:17 PM..
Old 05-21-2011, 07:50 PM   #109
MLE
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcjful View Post
Sorry I just saw this and it may be too late for this carb up day. Carb up day is basically your last two meals VERY carby and eat what YOU want. LOL
Do not weigh until tues or wed (OOPS ~ just saw you may not be on a Sat/Wed carb up day ~ just make sure you wait 2 or 3 days to weigh)! You body will hold water after your carb up day and you will need a few days to get rid of it. Good Luck!!!
Thanks, Mary!
Yeah, I started on a Tuesday so I am off everyone else's schedule in that respect. Today was a baseline day for me and I am hoping I didn't screw IT up. I went out to dinner with family and I had a Long Island Ice Tea at dinner...is that bad? I don't know why it came out of my mouth but by the time it dawned on me the waitress left the table.
mle
Old 05-21-2011, 07:51 PM   #110
MLE
Senior LCF Member

Can someone please tell me what Ezekiel bread is? And where to get it?

Last edited by MLE; 05-21-2011 at 07:55 PM..
Old 05-21-2011, 09:15 PM   #111
Senior LCF Member

Ezekiel bread is a sprouted - therefore flourless bread.
I get mine at Trader Joes.
Old 05-21-2011, 09:17 PM   #112
Senior LCF Member

mle - You should not have alcohol on a baseline day. Alcohol is allowed on carb up days beginning in week 4. That being said - don't dwell on it just get back on plan tomorrow.
Old 05-22-2011, 09:43 AM   #113
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MLE View Post
Thanks, Mary!
Yeah, I started on a Tuesday so I am off everyone else's schedule in that respect. Today was a baseline day for me and I am hoping I didn't screw IT up. I went out to dinner with family and I had a Long Island Ice Tea at dinner...is that bad? I don't know why it came out of my mouth but by the time it dawned on me the waitress left the table.
mle
Oops ~ no booze or sweets until you have completed 3 weeks ~ no worries just go forward.
You can find the EZ bread in the frozen dept. ~ whole foods, trader joe's, kroger, wegman's etc. where are you located? or name some of your grocery stores and I will try to remember if crackers found them at those stores.

Last edited by mcjful; 05-22-2011 at 09:45 AM..
Old 05-22-2011, 09:44 AM   #114
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Ezekiel bread is a sprouted - therefore flourless bread.
I get mine at Trader Joes.
Quote:
mle - You should not have alcohol on a baseline day. Alcohol is allowed on carb up days beginning in week 4. That being said - don't dwell on it just get back on plan tomorrow.
Thank you!
Old 05-22-2011, 07:22 PM   #115
MLE
Senior LCF Member

Thanks Cynthialynn and Mary!
I am in Sebstian, FL...there's not much here. I already checked Publix and they have other Ezekiel products but not the bread or mix. We've got a Super Walmart, Winn Dixie and a couple of vitamin/health stores I plan on checking out next.

I would like to ask you Cynthialynn, since you've managed to do well on this diet, did you keep track of your fat intake on carb-up days? And, did you work out on or following carb-up days?
mle
Old 05-23-2011, 04:34 PM   #116
Senior LCF Member

[QUOTE=MLE;14671948I would like to ask you Cynthialynn, since you've managed to do well on this diet, did you keep track of your fat intake on carb-up days? And, did you work out on or following carb-up days?
mle[/QUOTE]

I tried to eat lower in fat on most carb up days - but there were plenty of days that I just ate as much fat as I wanted. It really didn't seem to make that much difference either way. I never worked out on my carb up days - but I almost always did at least 30 minutes of cardio on the following day.
Old 05-24-2011, 09:00 PM   #117
MLE
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
I tried to eat lower in fat on most carb up days - but there were plenty of days that I just ate as much fat as I wanted. It really didn't seem to make that much difference either way. I never worked out on my carb up days - but I almost always did at least 30 minutes of cardio on the following day.
Good to know! The body building community has soooo many differing opinions about this. I just want some real life, every day, experience. It gets so confusing sometimes...
Thanks!
mle

P.S. BTW, where did everyone go?
Old 05-24-2011, 09:53 PM   #118
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: McSurf
Stats: 168/164/145
WOE: Crack the Fat-Loss Code
Start Date: Oct 2008/Restart May 2011
Hi, Ladies!

Just dropping by to say I'm thinking of all of you as you "Crack"' It is the best plan, but I do miss the fruit and berries. I am back on the plan, Mary and have lost 4 lbs, so far. If I stall, I will go back and deplete. I jumped into week 2...

Best to you all!
McSurf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 11:27 AM   #119
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: alaskachick
Stats: 185/177/150
WOE: Atkins/Low-Carb Started JUDDD: 12/22/12
Start Date: October 10, 2011
NEWBIE HERE!

Hello All,

I just happened upon CTFLC and Conquer via Amazon a few days ago - I downloaded the Conquer book and have read that, and have the 'hard' copy of the Crack book on the way in the mail. I am trying to get ready to gear up and start on Monday. I have been fighting my weight my ENTIRE life (I'm almost 40), possibly complicated by thyroid and hormonal issues. I've done everything - low carb does not even work for me anymore.

I was wondering, though - in the Conquer book, Wendy implies that the HIIT and weight training and EPOC workouts are done at different times to coincide with the C, D, Baseline, etc, days. But if I wanted to switch my carb down, etc, days due to a weekend/vacation, etc, how do I know which workout to switch accordingly?

Also, is there a real difference in practice between a DEPLETE day and C day? Or are the deplete days just called that because there are several in a row and you are depleting your glycogen?

Thanks in advance and the best to all of you!
Erica
alaskachick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 07:29 AM   #120
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by alaskachick View Post
Hello All,

I just happened upon CTFLC and Conquer via Amazon a few days ago - I downloaded the Conquer book and have read that, and have the 'hard' copy of the Crack book on the way in the mail. I am trying to get ready to gear up and start on Monday. I have been fighting my weight my ENTIRE life (I'm almost 40), possibly complicated by thyroid and hormonal issues. I've done everything - low carb does not even work for me anymore.

I was wondering, though - in the Conquer book, Wendy implies that the HIIT and weight training and EPOC workouts are done at different times to coincide with the C, D, Baseline, etc, days. But if I wanted to switch my carb down, etc, days due to a weekend/vacation, etc, how do I know which workout to switch accordingly?

Also, is there a real difference in practice between a DEPLETE day and C day? Or are the deplete days just called that because there are several in a row and you are depleting your glycogen?

Thanks in advance and the best to all of you!
Erica
Erica sorry can't help you on the exercise question ~ I did conquer for 8 weeks but did not do "her" exercise or supplements.
The difference in deplete day and carb down day ~ on carb down day your choices for "on Plan" carbs is MUCH different. Also after deplete week you only count fats not carbs.