Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Other Plans
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-01-2011, 06:28 AM   #1
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Kaimi2008
Stats: 197.2/181.0/155 (for now) 5'6"
WOE: Diet To Go
Start Date: November 1, 2013
Weight Watchers Rock Stars ~ March Edition

ladies,

Here's our February thread:

Weight Watchers "Rock Stars" - February Edition
Kaimi2008 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 03-01-2011, 06:36 AM   #2
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: RobbyC
Stats: 236.4/223/199 (First goal 1-derland!)
Hello! I just signed up for WWPP online last night... Looking forward to it!
RobbyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 06:53 AM   #3

Gallery: Purple Sage
Stats: LCHF no scale - goal size 8 & healthy 14/14/8
WOE: LCHF
Start Date: January 1, 2005 Atkins :'( restart April 2014
Hi ladies!
Purple Sage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 07:38 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobbyC View Post
wahoo, glad you signed up and looking forward to watching you "shrink"...
Old 03-01-2011, 07:47 AM   #5
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaimi2008 View Post
wahoo, glad you signed up and looking forward to watching you "shrink"...
ME TOO! Thank you!
Old 03-01-2011, 08:04 AM   #6

Thought I would share my go-to breakfast.

I take a variety of veggies that I have in the fridge and chop them really fine, a lot of them, then saute them with turkey bacon, in Pam. I usually make enough for about 4-5 breakfasts, so that includes 4-5 slices of turkey bacon, some peppers, green onions, mushrooms, etc. Then I keep that in the fridge. When it is breakfast time I pop enough for one breakfast in my nonstick skillet to warm up while I crack and separate eggs, 1 whole, 3 whites. Then I pull the "filling" out of the pan and dump my eggs in and cook the omlette. When it is done I pop the filling in and top with 2T 2% cheese and fold over. Then I take 1 slice of sara lee 45 calorie bread (1 point) and spray with about 3 squirts of butter spray and toast under the broiler. A very yummy, 6 point breakfast, that keeps me full until lunch time! And it is fast!
Old 03-01-2011, 09:01 AM   #7
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: luisafernanda
WOE: South Beach
Start Date: Jan. 2, 2008
Marking my spot.

Robyn!

Christa - That breakfast sounds good! Do you really separate eggs to get the whites? Can't you buy just egg whites? Here they come in a plastic bottle with 9 whites (lines up the side to indicate how many whites you're using), and I do the same as you, 1 egg and 3 whites to make an omelette or scrambled eggs.

Sheryl - I've only been counting WW points for 2 weeks, but I have used my extra points for the week (I assume that's what you mean by weekly points? My WW is in Spanish, so I'm not sure what all these are called in English.) I am only doing the on-line version (no meetings around here), so the tracker automatically takes the points from the extra points (I get 42 for the week) if I go over the 29 points for the day.

Have a great day, everyone.
luisafernanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 09:31 AM   #8

I do just separate the eggs. Usually I add the yolks to the kids eggs and then use the whites in mine. The whites alone are more expensive than if I pitched the yolks out!
Purple Sage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 10:35 AM   #9

Gallery: turbotex
Stats: Too big/-106/Just Right
WOE: Eating healthy and loving it!
Start Date: Which time?
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purple Sage View Post

I take a variety of veggies that I have in the fridge and chop them really fine, a lot of them, then saute them with turkey bacon, in Pam. I usually make enough for about 4-5 breakfasts, so that includes 4-5 slices of turkey bacon, some peppers, green onions, mushrooms, etc. Then I keep that in the fridge. When it is breakfast time I pop enough for one breakfast in my nonstick skillet to warm up while I crack and separate eggs, 1 whole, 3 whites. Then I pull the "filling" out of the pan and dump my eggs in and cook the omlette. When it is done I pop the filling in and top with 2T 2% cheese and fold over. Then I take 1 slice of sara lee 45 calorie bread (1 point) and spray with about 3 squirts of butter spray and toast under the broiler. A very yummy, 6 point breakfast, that keeps me full until lunch time! And it is fast!
I do almost the same thing except I just buy the store brand version of Egg Beaters to use.
turbotex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 10:41 AM   #10
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Dreamer37
Stats: 187/180/130
Marking my spot
Dreamer37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 11:57 AM   #11

Gallery: Purrgirl
Stats: 146/128 5'6
WOE: Vegetarian
Quote:
Originally Posted by Purple Sage View Post

Thanks for sharing. Sounds good and fast!
Purrgirl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 01:57 PM   #12
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: pawleys14
Stats: 305/277.8/175
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: restarting August 11, 2013
to all the new people.... and for those who have lost weight the past few weeks...

well, now back home (was in Michigan visiting my grandbabies - sons and dil's) and I did not do well went on a wine tasting tour with one son and dil..... and other son had some beef dinners.. (I have not eaten beef in one year - so at my WW weigh-in today.. gained 3 pounds... over two weeks.... well it could of been worst...:blush:

so back on track on..... and went to the store and purchased alot of veggies and fruit.... and made some veggie dip with FF souc cream and dry onion soup.. very good... and only 2 pts for 2 T. - so that is my treat....

Christa - your breakfast sounds yummy..... very good.....

made veggie chili today and had a bowl for lunch..... with my veggies and dip.
will cook my mexican meat loaf - cauliflower and cole slaw for dinner.....

going to track and measure EVERYTHING from now on..... that is the only way that I can really lose big.... and I have set my goal for Sept. - (when I go back to Michigan to see the kids) goal will be 60 pounds... but hope that I can lose a tad more.... and I know that I can do it.. if I just track and measure and exercise......

so today is my starting date......

Proud Grandma to Kyle and Derek - the loves of my life.... granddaughter Abigail (Abby)

May today there be peace within you. May you trust God that you are exactly where you are meant to be.
I believe that friends are quiet angels who lift us to our feet when our wings have trouble remembering how to fly.
pawleys14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 06:13 PM   #13

I had my weigh-in tonight and I lost another 2lbs I'm happy
Old 03-01-2011, 06:27 PM   #14
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: sheryl0423
WOE: WW Points+ lost 24.8
Start Date: 1/20/11
Quote:
Originally Posted by turbotex View Post
Wow Thats Great!

Had a great day today, my boss decided to buy us office lunch today at Smokey Bones....my first thought was oh lord what will I eat there??? Then I remembered my leader saying if she doesn't know what to order she orders something off the kids menu because it's usually smaller and is more basic. So that's what I did, I had a small grilled chicken breast and some steamed broccoli....I can't wait to go to my meeting and tell her I used her suggestion
sheryl0423 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 06:37 PM   #15
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: sheryl0423
WOE: WW Points+ lost 24.8
Start Date: 1/20/11
Quote:
You will love the plan, are you going to attend meetings?
sheryl0423 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 06:39 PM   #16
Blabbermouth!!!

Pam - on your 2 pound lost......

Sheryl - wow you are a Rock Star... congrats on your wise choice....
Old 03-02-2011, 02:12 AM   #17
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Great job!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pawleys14 View Post
going to track and measure EVERYTHING from now on..... that is the only way that I can really lose big.... and I have set my goal for Sept. - (when I go back to Michigan to see the kids) goal will be 60 pounds... but hope that I can lose a tad more.... and I know that I can do it.. if I just track and measure and exercise......
You can do this! And I think you're right, tracking and measuring makes ALL the difference!

I am down another pound this morning. This seems almost miraculous after gaining and not-quite-losing the same few pounds over and over again for the last year, and thus slowly creeping upward. My weekly weigh-in isn't until Friday, so I hope this pound is still missing then!
Old 03-02-2011, 02:27 AM   #18
ew1
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: ew1
Signed up for online on Sun. So far so good, am trying to do this eating real food. I'll take tsp of butter instead of a tbsp of some concocted low fat butter spread.
(Doesn't mean to say I won't eat a WW eclair for dessert )
Means I eat about 6-9 pts over the daily regular amt but the activity points and weekly allowance balance it out. Biggest thing for me with WW is not to feel hungry.
ew1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 05:55 AM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheryl0423 View Post
I had a small grilled chicken breast and some steamed broccoli....I can't wait to go to my meeting and tell her I used her suggestion
Great choice!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by luisafernanda View Post
I am down another pound this morning. This seems almost miraculous after gaining and not-quite-losing the same few pounds over and over again for the last year, and thus slowly creeping upward. My weekly weigh-in isn't until Friday, so I hope this pound is still missing then!
You are doing fantastic!

Quote:
so back on track on..... and went to the store and purchased alot of veggies and fruit.... and made some veggie dip with FF souc cream and dry onion soup.. very good... and only 2 pts for 2 T. - so that is my treat....

Christa - your breakfast sounds yummy..... very good.....

made veggie chili today and had a bowl for lunch..... with my veggies and dip.
will cook my mexican meat loaf - cauliflower and cole slaw for dinner.....

so today is my starting date......
Good for you for getting back on track!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ew1 View Post
Signed up for online on Sun. So far so good, am trying to do this eating real food. I'll take tsp of butter instead of a tbsp of some concocted low fat butter spread.
(Doesn't mean to say I won't eat a WW eclair for dessert )
Means I eat about 6-9 pts over the daily regular amt but the activity points and weekly allowance balance it out. Biggest thing for me with WW is not to feel hungry.
I had to bold your last sentence - that is exactly how I feel and I can honestly say that the only time in the last month that I have felt hungry it was my own fault for not eating!
Old 03-02-2011, 06:04 AM   #20

Purple Sage, glad you found the perfect breakfast - - just not for me. I love mine with ham/turkey bacon or sausage; cheese and broccoli. Boring!

Diana, sorry to hear about your gain but glad you had a great time w/ your family.

Quote:
Congrats on your loss!!

luisafernanda, congrats on your loss!

ew1, for signing up!
Old 03-02-2011, 06:10 AM   #21
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Patlaf
Stats: start 226/178/145
May I please jump in with a question. My dd joined WW this morning, and thus will have her first weigh-in next week. She wanted to know if anybody had bought the WW scale for weighing food and calculating points. I follow you guys regularly, and I can't remember anybody talking about the scale. Personally, I think the meetings, booklets, Iphone apps and message boards are more than enough, but I'm pleased that she is so gung ho and don't want to discourage her. Any opinions on the scale?

Pat
Patlaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 06:14 AM   #22
Blabbermouth!!!

Luisa - down 1 pound... proud of ya......

EW1 - for signing up.....

Kaimi - thanks... I really do think that I am on the right track now.

went and did 45 min of water aerobics early this morning.. just had my breakfast..... and will do my Leslie Sansone walking tape this afternoon.

tracking and measuring everything - really do think that this is the only way I will do this.... accountability - that is the trick for me......
now on to the second day... (I started over yesterday) going to put all my failures behind me.. and start fresh.....
Old 03-02-2011, 06:19 AM   #23
Blabbermouth!!!

Patlaf - I think that the scale at WW is a tad costly... I think about $40.00 - I purchase a scale at walmart for about $12.00 I think.. and it works fine... the WW scale does give you the pointsplus... but I can do that myself and save some $$$$ maybe someone else on this thread has one... and give you some more info.... for your daughter joining.... wish her well

I will tell ya what products I love from WW - the 1/2 and one cup spoons... love.them. - use them everyday... and I do not have to use my measuring cup now.... also like the 32 oz. mug... I purchased mine a long time ago, but I love it.... so I can keep track of the water I drink......
Old 03-02-2011, 06:21 AM   #24
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Pat - I just use a regular kitchen scale and calculate points with the on-line tracker.

Diana - great job on the exercise. I need to get my butt in gear. :blush:
Old 03-02-2011, 08:03 AM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patlaf View Post
May I please jump in with a question. My dd joined WW this morning, and thus will have her first weigh-in next week. She wanted to know if anybody had bought the WW scale for weighing food and calculating points. I follow you guys regularly, and I can't remember anybody talking about the scale. Personally, I think the meetings, booklets, Iphone apps and message boards are more than enough, but I'm pleased that she is so gung ho and don't want to discourage her. Any opinions on the scale?

Pat
Yes, I have the scale and really like it - it was $40 and I feel that it was worth it for me. I use it every morning as I am packing my lunch because I have problems with portion size. Plus, I love the fact that I can figure out my points and store them in the scale under the food names - plus it comes preloaded with a lot of PointsPlus values already loaded!
Old 03-02-2011, 08:06 AM   #26

Quote:
Luisa - down 1 pound... proud of ya......

EW1 - for signing up.....

Kaimi - thanks... I really do think that I am on the right track now.

went and did 45 min of water aerobics early this morning.. just had my breakfast..... and will do my Leslie Sansone walking tape this afternoon.

tracking and measuring everything - really do think that this is the only way I will do this.... accountability - that is the trick for me......
now on to the second day... (I started over yesterday) going to put all my failures behind me.. and start fresh.....

Quote:
Patlaf - I think that the scale at WW is a tad costly... I think about $40.00 - I purchase a scale at walmart for about $12.00 I think.. and it works fine... the WW scale does give you the pointsplus... but I can do that myself and save some $$$$ maybe someone else on this thread has one... and give you some more info.... for your daughter joining.... wish her well

I will tell ya what products I love from WW - the 1/2 and one cup spoons... love.them. - use them everyday... and I do not have to use my measuring cup now.... also like the 32 oz. mug... I purchased mine a long time ago, but I love it.... so I can keep track of the water I drink......
Me too!!!
Old 03-02-2011, 09:15 AM   #27
ew1
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: ew1
Thanks for the welcome I'm not a big poster on weight lossthreads (luisafernanda can tell you how often I posted on the PG Wagon threads LOL) but will lurk and comment when the mood strikes
Congrats to all wherever you are on your journey

Last edited by ew1; 03-02-2011 at 09:18 AM..
ew1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 09:23 AM   #28
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheryl0423 View Post
You will love the plan, are you going to attend meetings?
I think I may go to one, just to see what it is all about. I have the online only subscription, so I will have to pay for the meeting. My future step-sister in law... If that is what you would call her, attends meetings and I would love to go with her for one.

Are they really beneficial?
Old 03-02-2011, 10:32 AM   #29
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Patlaf
Stats: start 226/178/145
Diana, Luisa Fernanda and Pam thanks for your quick replies. I've cut and pasted them to dd (she lives in London).

You are all so inspiring with your enthusiasm and weight loss that I am hovering on the brink. There are no weight watchers meetings in my area, but I have downloaded the points calculator and have stocked up on 0 fat Greek yogurt, light cream cheese, lots of vegetables and strawberries.

I first did Weight Watchers in the States over 40 years ago after the birth of dd. I really enjoyed it and did well, but succumbed to temptation and didn't keep the weight off. The second time I did Weight Watchers was 9 years ago in London when my dd had her dd and I went to help her for a few weeks. Again I really liked it and did well, but came back to Spain and paella, Rioja and Manchego cheese and here I am again.

I really enjoy reading how you're all doing. It would be great if you had a separate thread with your menus (with points).

Pat
Patlaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 11:01 AM   #30
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Dreamer37
Stats: 187/180/130
first weigh in today loss of 2.8 pounds
Dreamer37 is offline   Reply With Quote