Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   Other Plans (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/other-plans/)
-   -   WENDY CHANT CRACK THE FAT LOSS CODE FOR FEBRUARY 2011 (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/other-plans/708356-wendy-chant-crack-fat-loss-code-february-2011-a.html)

mcjful 02-01-2011 09:42 AM

WENDY CHANT CRACK THE FAT LOSS CODE FOR FEBRUARY 2011

Welcome to the Code Cracker/Conquer Board!!!

Please look over this post for helpful links and suggestions!

This is a continuation of the Wendy Chant “Crack the Fat-Loss Code” & "Conquer the Fat Loss Code" WOE Challenge Board! Please refer to prior challenge threads and the Other Diets board for general diet information and pick up the book, "Crack the Fat-Loss Code" or "Conquer the Fat Loss Code" for full diet information, guidelines, cycling schedules, sample menus, menu logs and more!

Whether you are just starting with the Cycle 1, Week 1 Carb Deplete or you are somewhere along the way, jump on in!! There are people at all levels of the Wendy Chant Way in here. This is a great group of helpful people who will be a great resource and support group for you.

Remember to weigh and measure yourself or select a pair of slacks to judge your losses by – you can choose whether you want to report your stats to the group or not … up to you … but you definitely need a measure of your progress.

Since we have so many levels, it's helpful when you ask questions or claim braggin' rights, if you mention in your postings what cycle, week and day you are on! Especially since the first weeks do have some restrictions that the latter weeks don’t.

Be sure to post tips and such too – especially if you’ve already been doing CTFLC for awhile now! And don't forget to share your menus! That is helpful for others, but also a good measure for others to help you should you encounter any problems yourself!

This is the place to share your weight loss successes, your personal story, your mistakes, grab some support, give some support ... whatever it is. We're here for you and each other. It really is a great group. Sooooo, how 'bout we get Crackin'/Conquering?! LET'S DO THIS!!!

BASIC INFO

http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/lo...july-08-a.html FIRST 6 POSTS VERY HELPFUL

http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/ot...loss-code.html ORIGINAL THREAD

http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/ot...-code-faq.html FAQ

PREVIOUS THREAD

http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/ot...ry-2011-a.html

MENUS AND RECIPES

http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/lo...ant-menus.html

http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/lo...e-recipes.html

****CTFLC PLANNERS - THAT ROSE MADE AND SHARES WITH US- SEND EMAIL TO

mcjful@hotmail DOT com

This is based on the 8-week program from "Crack the Fat Loss Code" and "Conquer the Fat Loss Code" by Wendy Chant. This board is open to any and all “Code Crackers” who are at any Cycle, any Week of the CTFLC program, whether it’s Cycle 1, Week 1 or Cycle 4, Week 8 or somewhere in between, and to those who are curious to watch and learn.

In brief, the 8 week program is divided into four cycles.

Cycle 1: Carb-Deplete Cycle – WEEK 1
This is the toughest week! For 7 days you will be restricting certain foods – mostly carbs – in order to manipulate the glycogen stored in the muscle. During this cycle you’ll be shutting off the body’s dependence on sugar and also teach it where to find the fat stores for energy! This week you will be counting carbs very closely so your veggies are somewhat limited and fats are more focused on the good fats. But, if you carefully follow the cycle you will never have to count carbs again!

Cycle 2: Macro-Patterning Cycle – WEEKS 2-4

Now you’ll move into what is called the Macro-Patterning Cycle. This is where you begin to slowly re-introduce carbs into your life, teaching the body to burn fat while slowing down the adaptive response. During week 2, you will begin to bring most of the foods that you consume regularly back into your daily meals. You will see less rigidity in the meal plans—and more substitutions. For best results, it is recommended that you continue to abstain from alcohol on carb-up days during Week 2. During Week 3, you will have two carb-up days, on Wednesdays and Saturdays. After this week is the best time to add in sweets and alcohol on your carb-up days.

*There are 3 kinds of days in Cycle 2.

Baseline Days

This is where you are teaching your body to adapt. You will be taking in the basic nutrients your body needs through proteins, you’ll take in good fats, but you’ll be adding in one starchy food at two different meals in your day, so long as you eat them before 3:00 p.m.

Carb-Down Days

These are days where you will have a more minimal starch intake to force your body to use fat as an energy source. One these days you will still get your fats from good fat sources, and you will consume one starch before 3:00 p.m.

Carb-Up Days

This is where you will increase your starches to stoke the metabolic rate and give the body what it needs for repair and growth. Your last 2 meals on this day will be primarily carbs! Yes, you can splurge on those usual forbidden foods – bread, desserts, pizza and even alcohol. We call these days Food Passes and you have two of them a week, typically on Wednesdays and Sundays, but the beauty of this plan is that you can adjust these Carb Up Days as needed for special occasions, making it very convenient and totally interchangeable.

Cycle 3: Accelerated Fat-Loss Cycle – WEEKS 5 & 6

For the 3rd cycle, you will begin to pick up the pace! You will continue to follow the same types of days that you did with the Macro-Patterning Cycle, but you will change how they are cycled in order to increase the body’s use of fat stores.

Cycle 4: Maintenance Cycle – WEEKS 7 & 8

The 4th cycle is all about teaching your body to reset back to a higher nutrient profile in favor of carbohydrates and fats. During this cycle you will get 2 new days – a cheat day where you can have any food you like – including any carbs you’ve missed, and you’ll also get a High-Carb Day where you have clean starches all throughout your day. If you have made your goal by this week, you will use this cycle to maintain. If you seek to continue your weight loss, you will restart your program at Cycle 2.

Let's get crackin'!!!!!

1LittleBee 02-01-2011 10:56 AM

Thank you Mary.

NettieL 02-01-2011 01:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1LittleBee (Post 14334866)
Thank you Mary.

Thank you Mary

pagirl83 02-02-2011 08:05 AM

Linda,
What is your plan like? So far not seeing results with round 2 of Crack and I'm starting to gain weight. So frustrating. Wonder if I need something else?

bocabon 02-04-2011 03:10 PM

HAVE A GREAT WEEKEND EVERYONE!!!

McSurf 02-09-2011 12:37 PM

Where is everyone?????

Jill815 02-10-2011 12:31 AM

Oh thank goodness....I have clicked through each week's threads for about 8 months to finally get to the current one. I'm determined! Couldn't find it any other way. But then, I'm forum challenged.

Someone someone someone tell me how to put one foot in front of the other and DIVE back into this way of eating. I've gained back every bit I lost and then some, after a very stressful period. I feel fat and horrible and tired. I KNOW I have to stop putting bad food in my mouth, yet I DO.

How to get motivated to start again?

1LittleBee 02-10-2011 05:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jill815 (Post 14364411)
Oh thank goodness....I have clicked through each week's threads for about 8 months to finally get to the current one. I'm determined! Couldn't find it any other way. But then, I'm forum challenged.

Someone someone someone tell me how to put one foot in front of the other and DIVE back into this way of eating. I've gained back every bit I lost and then some, after a very stressful period. I feel fat and horrible and tired. I KNOW I have to stop putting bad food in my mouth, yet I DO.

How to get motivated to start again?

Find a picture of skinny you and tape it the the refrigarator. You can do this!

Jill815 02-11-2011 12:03 AM

I keep pushing back the day to start. AND my wonderful husband keeps buying my biggest downfall - Mountain Dew! He doesn't drink it, he buys it for me. ARG!!

mcjful 02-11-2011 07:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jill815 (Post 14367686)
I keep pushing back the day to start. AND my wonderful husband keeps buying my biggest downfall - Mountain Dew! He doesn't drink it, he buys it for me. ARG!!

WELCOME back!!!! It is hard to get re-started ~ I know I have "re-started" some kind of "diet" for over 40 years. :rofl:
Buy your "cracker" food ~ prepare foods ~ get DIET mt dew ( tell hubby you love him but please NO more mt dew). NOW get your mind set that this is not a "diet" just a few weeks of GAINING a new way of eating.
Good Luck to you.:high5:

McSurf 02-11-2011 12:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jill815 (Post 14367686)

Jill~

Smile and thank him, but tell him you are now drinking _______! :high5:

I did this with my hubby and it worked beautifully. I drink V8 Juice....50 calories, 10 carbs, 2 fibers for 8 ozs. That's only 8 carbs and it gives you 2 servings of veggies! I have 16 ozs a day and I have lost weight doing this. I didn't think I could give up my one 12 oz coke I drank for lunch every day, but I did and now look forward to my V8!!! They also have low sodium, too if salt is an issue for you. :up: You can do this!

jodielea 02-14-2011 01:05 PM

Wow - took me forever to find the current thread.

I "Cracked" two years, lost enough to get me to my maintenance weight...stayed there until I got pregnant.

I'm 'cracking' again. Started this morning. With such a simple plan, it amazes me how hard it is to find others who are doing it.

Good luck everyone!

mcjful 02-14-2011 06:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jodielea (Post 14377629)
Wow - took me forever to find the current thread.

I "Cracked" two years, lost enough to get me to my maintenance weight...stayed there until I got pregnant.

I'm 'cracking' again. Started this morning. With such a simple plan, it amazes me how hard it is to find others who are doing it.

Good luck everyone!

Welcome back to cracking!!!! :kicking::clap:

pagirl83 02-15-2011 02:09 PM

Hi girls...completely fell off plan and don't know if I should start something new, like the Dr. Oz plan. This didn't really work for me the 2nd go around..

1LittleBee 02-16-2011 06:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pagirl83 (Post 14381618)
Hi girls...completely fell off plan and don't know if I should start something new, like the Dr. Oz plan. This didn't really work for me the 2nd go around..

I lent my Dr. OZ book to someone and never got it back. The problem is, I can't remember which friend I lent it to. I asked everyone I can think of and they all told me they don't have it.

Let me know if you try it and if you have success.

Recently I have had a hard time too. Could be stress eating, I am losing my job. Ugggggggggggg

I start out the day so good and then cave later in the day.

Good luck to you!

pagirl83 02-16-2011 06:15 AM

I feel the same Debbie...currently unemployed, haven't slept well, etc. Maybe warmer weather will help us!!

mcjful 02-16-2011 07:20 AM

Sorry you girls are having a hard time. :hugs::hugs:

Personally I will be soooo glad when spring is here! We have had a horrible winter (for us) and I have been stuck in the house too much. :eek:

1LittleBee 02-16-2011 07:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcjful (Post 14383542)
Sorry you girls are having a hard time. :hugs::hugs:

Personally I will be soooo glad when spring is here! We have had a horrible winter (for us) and I have been stuck in the house too much. :eek:

Thank you!

missmauve 02-17-2011 02:44 AM

so sorry

Debbie and Amy I am so sorry that you guys are finding yourselves unemployed.We are hearing in Canada that the recession is over and that things are recovering in Us and so I hope you have some good luck soon.Sylvia

mcjful 02-21-2011 06:25 AM

Good Morning Everyone!!!!

Hope everyone has a great week. :kicking::clap:

NettieL 02-21-2011 07:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcjful (Post 14398067)
Good Morning Everyone!!!!

Hope everyone has a great week. :kicking::clap:

Thank you Mary....you too!:clap:

1LittleBee 02-21-2011 07:40 AM

Motivation!!!

A friend borrowed my book. She just finished the 8 weeks and lost 17 pounds!

mcjful 02-21-2011 08:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1LittleBee (Post 14398366)
Motivation!!!

A friend borrowed my book. She just finished the 8 weeks and lost 17 pounds!

:kicking::clap::kicking::clap: for your friend!!!!!

missmauve 02-22-2011 02:48 AM

Debbie Nettie Amy and Mary it is so nice to hear from you guys.WE can't seem to get anyone to post anymore.Maybe it is all the snow this winter.We are setting records here in Atlantic Canada.I am still trying to get back to where I was this time last year and I have about 10 pounds to go and then have to lose more after that goal is met.I booked a vacation south and would sure like to have some pounds off before I go in May .Can we get this going again.Sylvia

NettieL 02-22-2011 03:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by missmauve (Post 14401131)
Debbie Nettie Amy and Mary it is so nice to hear from you guys.WE can't seem to get anyone to post anymore.Maybe it is all the snow this winter.We are setting records here in Atlantic Canada.I am still trying to get back to where I was this time last year and I have about 10 pounds to go and then have to lose more after that goal is met.I booked a vacation south and would sure like to have some pounds off before I go in May .Can we get this going again.Sylvia

Hi Sylvia,
I miss the posts here too. I should do more, but I do lurk everyday to get motivated from this board and the great people here.
I am stuck at 30 pound loss, and I think that is when the body shrieks, FAMINE!
I hear so many people who have a 30 pond loss then can't lose more.
Thank goodness for this program that is helping me keep at 2 to 3 pounds up and not gain it all back as I used to.
Annette

bocabon 02-27-2011 10:42 AM

Hi Everyone!
I'm maintaining, but will get back to CRACK seriously in a few weeks.
Miss this thread and all of you.
Good luck to everyone!
Bonni

1LittleBee 02-27-2011 03:31 PM

I hope to get back on track one of these days too. I maintained for a long time. Now I am eating comfort food and stress eating!!! Uggggggggg. I hope I find a job soon!

missmauve 02-28-2011 02:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1LittleBee (Post 14419458)
I hope to get back on track one of these days too. I maintained for a long time. Now I am eating comfort food and stress eating!!! Uggggggggg. I hope I find a job soon!

Good luck Debbie I hope you find one soon.Sylvia

mcjful 02-28-2011 07:23 AM

Well Ladies we have ONLY had 28 posts in 28 days!!!! Guess no one is interested in this board anymore. :dunno: Soooooo I won't be making a new one for March.

Hope everyone has a wonderful week.:high5:

ElizabethG 02-28-2011 10:18 AM

Hi. I am new to LCF and I am currently follow new Atkins. However, I am interested in Carb Cycling and Wendy Chant's Crack the Fat Loss Code in particular. I plan on getting the book at the library tonight to learn more. I am doing well on Atkins (8 lbs in 2 weeks with 2 off days) but I like the idea of carb cycling. I don't mind my low carb days but I hate having to come up with alternatives for stuff that just isn't the same as the real thing (eg. pizza or whole grain toast!). Is there a place to read 'success stories' following Wendy's plan? Does she have a website? I can't seem to find one online.

How is everyone doing? Thank you for the information.

I am kind of sad to see that there will be no March thread. Oh well I will keep checking back.

Thanks!