Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Other Plans
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-03-2011, 03:10 AM   #1
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: losinitgirl
Stats: 191.0/174/140
WOE: Low Carb/Atkins
Start Date: 1-7-11
Ideal Protein?

Has anyone tried this or is doing this? I have coworkers on it and have lost weight, it's low carb. I didn't see a thread for it and wanted to see what others thought.
losinitgirl is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 01-03-2011, 08:38 PM   #2
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: ladyboss7
Stats: 245 / 195 / 140
WOE: Hi Protein / Hi Fat / Low Carb
Start Date: R1 10/19/08 R2 12/26/10 R3 12/28/13
I've not heard of it....What's it about??
ladyboss7 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 11:15 AM   #3
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Seabreezes
Stats: 191/162/160
WOE: JUDDD let me lose 30 pounds and keep it off
Start Date: Seems like forever - restart June '11
There is a huge forum for the diet on another site. The people seem to be losing weight like mad. You buy the food and work with coaches which means expensive, but they tell you how to do it on your own. Google Ideal Protein and you will come up with a lot of info. I am trying it on my own as no clinics or coaches where I live.
Good Luck!
Seabreezes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 04:43 PM   #4
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: soccermomof3
Start Date: January 2011
I.Protein

Quote:
Originally Posted by losinitgirl View Post
Has anyone tried this or is doing this? I have coworkers on it and have lost weight, it's low carb. I didn't see a thread for it and wanted to see what others thought.
Hello! I happened upon your post and I thought I'd respond. I was on the Ideal Protein plan last year for approximately 3 months. This is a low carb, low fat, low calorie plan (1,000 or so) that's extremely restrictive. It's definitely a bit costly as you purchase their shakes, bars, and vitamins. I did lose weight on the plan, but I was horribly uncomfortable the entire time. I discontinued the plan when I didn't feel like I could feasibly put myself through it anymore. I will never return to it again. Different things work for different people, so maybe your experience will be different. I hope this helps to shed some light on things for you
soccermomof3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 05:57 PM   #5
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: ladyboss7
Stats: 245 / 195 / 140
WOE: Hi Protein / Hi Fat / Low Carb
Start Date: R1 10/19/08 R2 12/26/10 R3 12/28/13
Quote:
Originally Posted by soccermomof3 View Post
Hello! I happened upon your post and I thought I'd respond. I was on the Ideal Protein plan last year for approximately 3 months. This is a low carb, low fat, low calorie plan (1,000 or so) that's extremely restrictive. It's definitely a bit costly as you purchase their shakes, bars, and vitamins. I did lose weight on the plan, but I was horribly uncomfortable the entire time. I discontinued the plan when I didn't feel like I could feasibly put myself through it anymore. I will never return to it again. Different things work for different people, so maybe your experience will be different. I hope this helps to shed some light on things for you
Oh, no way could I do LC, Low Cal, AND Low Fat....nope, the only thing that makes this comfortable and sustainable for me is the increased fat content!
ladyboss7 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 06:11 PM   #6
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: jeaniem
Stats: 166/?/?
WOE: lc
My sister and her husband just used this program recently and both lost weight and look pretty darn good. My sister did complain of dry skin though that she believes was due to the low fat nature of the diet. She lost 75 pounds with atkins and then quit smoking and gained back about 30 which she lost with the Ideal Protein plan. She did try Atkins first but said it no longer worked for her. I don't know if the golden shot theory is true or not but she did try really hard to make Atkins work and she was not losing weight.
jeaniem is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2011, 03:01 AM   #7
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: losinitgirl
Stats: 191.0/174/140
WOE: Low Carb/Atkins
Start Date: 1-7-11
Ideal Protein

Thank you all for the information. I went to the doctor for Ideal Protein (IP) and he combines with the HCG shot. The first two days you eat all you want up to 8000 cal, I thought "I can't eat that much", but enjoyed trying He said eating high carb increases the metabolism and the HCG locks the higher metabolism rate in place when you drastically shock your system with the very low carb on day 3, I'm ending the first week and lost 7lbs. I'm going to do it on my own because all the products are $27.00 each and I thought "how many Akins' shakes can I buy for that amount? or bars?' You cannot have any diet sodas because it interferes with the chemistry (no carbonated drinks) but crystallite, tea, splenda is okay. On ideal Protein you must have one of their products 3 times a day, take vitamins, 500 cal plan: such as; shake/water/tea (I added 2 turkey beacons) brkfst; lunch IP soup, all the salad you want and 2 cups of veggies; Dinner add protein, salad, veggies (salad is limited of add-ons, i.e. carrots/cheese) evening snack - maybe a IP bar and nothing after 8pm, drink a lot of water throughout the day and evening. I wasn't impress with the Dr. he told me he makes his money from the meals $11.00 for each box.
So, from today on (starting my 2nd week), I will substitute Atkins products, I ordered the HCG drops, I bought ketone strips to monitor when I got into ketosis which happened on day 4, so it encourages/motivates me daily to know my body is burning fat. Also, IP recommends light walking if any exercise because your intake is so low, but because of the higher protein content they say you don't lose muscle mass and increase energy. After the carbs were burned out of my body it was a relative easy plan to follow, I wasn't having hunger pains or the need for sugar. My husband made a large batch of greens with smoke turkey, I divided the greens into small containers/froze them and took to work for lunch and had again for dinner. We shall see how this next week goes with my Atkins modification.
Old 01-15-2011, 04:24 AM   #8
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: CarolynF
Stats: 195/141/139
WOE: Eat Fat, Get Thin
Start Date: January 2001
A friend of mine from church is on this plan. It is extremely restrictive if you eat any place but home or bring your own food. She found it really hard to eat out and avoids
all food related church events. She looks wonderful, though..
CarolynF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 06:53 AM   #9
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: shirlc
Stats: 144/128.5/130-5'5"
WOE: Low/Mod Carb, JUDDD (JUDDD, 10/25/11 at 141.5)
Start Date: March, 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolynF View Post
A friend of mine from church is on this plan. It is extremely restrictive if you eat any place but home or bring your own food. She found it really hard to eat out and avoids
all food related church events. She looks wonderful, though..
Church events = everything carby!!!
shirlc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2011, 06:39 AM   #10
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: gwen07
Stats: 256/251/165
WOE: atkins
Start Date: 09/03/2010
ideal protein

Hi, I have lost 13 lbs on ideal protein. It is too restrictive for me. I go out to eat alot. I am going to stick to low carb and try restricting my fats. The program is expensive and if I can't stick to it I am wasting my money. I also like to have wine.
gwen07 is offline   Reply With Quote