Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Other Plans
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-02-2011, 10:10 AM   #1
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: mcjful
Stats: 256/165/150
Start Date: Everyday
WENDY CHANT CRACK THE FAT LOSS CODE FOR JANUARY 2011

Welcome to the Code Cracker/Conquer Board!!!

Please look over this post for helpful links and suggestions!

This is a continuation of the Wendy Chant “Crack the Fat-Loss Code” & "Conquer the Fat Loss Code" WOE Challenge Board! Please refer to prior challenge threads and the Other Diets board for general diet information and pick up the book, "Crack the Fat-Loss Code" or "Conquer the Fat Loss Code" for full diet information, guidelines, cycling schedules, sample menus, menu logs and more!

Whether you are just starting with the Cycle 1, Week 1 Carb Deplete or you are somewhere along the way, jump on in!! There are people at all levels of the Wendy Chant Way in here. This is a great group of helpful people who will be a great resource and support group for you.

Remember to weigh and measure yourself or select a pair of slacks to judge your losses by – you can choose whether you want to report your stats to the group or not … up to you … but you definitely need a measure of your progress.

Since we have so many levels, it's helpful when you ask questions or claim braggin' rights, if you mention in your postings what cycle, week and day you are on! Especially since the first weeks do have some restrictions that the latter weeks don’t.

Be sure to post tips and such too – especially if you’ve already been doing CTFLC for awhile now! And don't forget to share your menus! That is helpful for others, but also a good measure for others to help you should you encounter any problems yourself!

This is the place to share your weight loss successes, your personal story, your mistakes, grab some support, give some support ... whatever it is. We're here for you and each other. It really is a great group. Sooooo, how 'bout we get Crackin'/Conquering?! LET'S DO THIS!!!

BASIC INFO

http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/lo...july-08-a.html FIRST 6 POSTS VERY HELPFUL

http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/ot...loss-code.html ORIGINAL THREAD

http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/ot...-code-faq.html FAQ

PREVIOUS THREAD

WENDY CHANT CRACK THE FAT LOSS CODE FOR DECEMBER 2010

MENUS AND RECIPES

http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/lo...ant-menus.html

Crack The Fat Loss Code - Recipes

****CTFLC PLANNERS - THAT ROSE MADE AND SHARES WITH US- SEND EMAIL TO

mcjful@hotmail DOT com

This is based on the 8-week program from "Crack the Fat Loss Code" and "Conquer the Fat Loss Code" by Wendy Chant. This board is open to any and all “Code Crackers” who are at any Cycle, any Week of the CTFLC program, whether it’s Cycle 1, Week 1 or Cycle 4, Week 8 or somewhere in between, and to those who are curious to watch and learn.

In brief, the 8 week program is divided into four cycles.

Cycle 1: Carb-Deplete Cycle – WEEK 1
This is the toughest week! For 7 days you will be restricting certain foods – mostly carbs – in order to manipulate the glycogen stored in the muscle. During this cycle you’ll be shutting off the body’s dependence on sugar and also teach it where to find the fat stores for energy! This week you will be counting carbs very closely so your veggies are somewhat limited and fats are more focused on the good fats. But, if you carefully follow the cycle you will never have to count carbs again!

Cycle 2: Macro-Patterning Cycle – WEEKS 2-4

Now you’ll move into what is called the Macro-Patterning Cycle. This is where you begin to slowly re-introduce carbs into your life, teaching the body to burn fat while slowing down the adaptive response. During week 2, you will begin to bring most of the foods that you consume regularly back into your daily meals. You will see less rigidity in the meal plans—and more substitutions. For best results, it is recommended that you continue to abstain from alcohol on carb-up days during Week 2. During Week 3, you will have two carb-up days, on Wednesdays and Saturdays. After this week is the best time to add in sweets and alcohol on your carb-up days.

*There are 3 kinds of days in Cycle 2.

Baseline Days

This is where you are teaching your body to adapt. You will be taking in the basic nutrients your body needs through proteins, you’ll take in good fats, but you’ll be adding in one starchy food at two different meals in your day, so long as you eat them before 3:00 p.m.

Carb-Down Days

These are days where you will have a more minimal starch intake to force your body to use fat as an energy source. One these days you will still get your fats from good fat sources, and you will consume one starch before 3:00 p.m.

Carb-Up Days

This is where you will increase your starches to stoke the metabolic rate and give the body what it needs for repair and growth. Your last 2 meals on this day will be primarily carbs! Yes, you can splurge on those usual forbidden foods – bread, desserts, pizza and even alcohol. We call these days Food Passes and you have two of them a week, typically on Wednesdays and Sundays, but the beauty of this plan is that you can adjust these Carb Up Days as needed for special occasions, making it very convenient and totally interchangeable.

Cycle 3: Accelerated Fat-Loss Cycle – WEEKS 5 & 6

For the 3rd cycle, you will begin to pick up the pace! You will continue to follow the same types of days that you did with the Macro-Patterning Cycle, but you will change how they are cycled in order to increase the body’s use of fat stores.

Cycle 4: Maintenance Cycle – WEEKS 7 & 8

The 4th cycle is all about teaching your body to reset back to a higher nutrient profile in favor of carbohydrates and fats. During this cycle you will get 2 new days – a cheat day where you can have any food you like – including any carbs you’ve missed, and you’ll also get a High-Carb Day where you have clean starches all throughout your day. If you have made your goal by this week, you will use this cycle to maintain. If you seek to continue your weight loss, you will restart your program at Cycle 2.

Let's get crackin'!!!!!

Sponsored Links
Old 01-02-2011, 11:02 AM   #2
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: NettieL
Stats: 223/183.4/160
WOE: Atkins/ctflc
Start Date: April 2010
Marking my spot. Looking forward to getting back on the plan.
Annette
NettieL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 12:30 PM   #3
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: bocabon
Stats: 169/155/140
WOE: Cracker
Start Date: January 2010
Me too!
Bonni
bocabon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 08:28 PM   #4
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Ginaxoxo
WOE: Cycling
Start Date: January 2011
I have a quick question: does tea have carbs?? I am starting tomorrow and want to have tea. I know there isn't any added sugar. Thank you!

xoxo
Ginaxoxo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 09:23 PM   #5
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginaxoxo View Post
I have a quick question: does tea have carbs?? I am starting tomorrow and want to have tea. I know there isn't any added sugar. Thank you!

xoxo
some say coffee and tea both have carbs BUT it is minimal and most people don't count it. Good luck!!!
mcjful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 03:03 AM   #6
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: missmauve
Stats: 222.5/205
WOE: Crash the Fat Code
Start Date: 03/08/2010
starting again

Well I gained back all that I lost last year.I guess with summer and my operation I let things go.But you know that was last year and this is a new one and so I am starting fresh.I will do the 4 or 5 carb down days and then launch into week 2.
I wish everyone luck who is starting on this journey with me.Sylvia
missmauve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 07:54 AM   #7
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by missmauve View Post
Well I gained back all that I lost last year.I guess with summer and my operation I let things go.But you know that was last year and this is a new one and so I am starting fresh.I will do the 4 or 5 carb down days and then launch into week 2.
I wish everyone luck who is starting on this journey with me.Sylvia
My dear friend ~ it is okay! You always tell everyone YOU know what to do and the same goes for you! Sometimes a fresh start is the only way to go. YOU CAN DO IT!!!
Old 01-03-2011, 09:12 AM   #8
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: 1LittleBee
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: It Depends!
Happy New Year!
1LittleBee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 01:04 PM   #9
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: francac
Well Happy New Year everyone... I am glad the holidays are over and I did really great and did not gain any weight. But I need to get back on the plan. Any suggestions what I should do to get back on plan? Before the holidays I had completed the 8 week program. I have not followed the program at all during the holidays. I ate lots of sweets, breads, fried food. Do I need to start from week one again?

Franca
francac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 04:19 PM   #10
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by francac View Post
Well Happy New Year everyone... I am glad the holidays are over and I did really great and did not gain any weight. But I need to get back on the plan. Any suggestions what I should do to get back on plan? Before the holidays I had completed the 8 week program. I have not followed the program at all during the holidays. I ate lots of sweets, breads, fried food. Do I need to start from week one again?

Franca
No need to completely re-start ~ just do 4 carb down days and pickup on week 2. Great for not gaining!!!
Old 01-03-2011, 06:01 PM   #11
Senior LCF Member

Thank you for the info on the tea!! I am drinking my 3rd cup so I was hoping that I didn't blow it. Today is my first deplete day. I feel fine. I hope everyone has had a good day!

Gina
Old 01-04-2011, 02:51 AM   #12
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Thank you for the info on the tea!! I am drinking my 3rd cup so I was hoping that I didn't blow it. Today is my first deplete day. I feel fine. I hope everyone has had a good day!

Gina
Just remember not to put any sugar in your tea.Green tea is very good for you and is suppose to help in weight loss.Sylvia
Old 01-04-2011, 02:52 AM   #13
Senior LCF Member

Had a good day yesterday and it feels good to know that I am doing right by my body.It loves all the stuff that is good for it.Today I head back to Curves.Sylvia
Old 01-04-2011, 05:37 AM   #14
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: 1LittleBee
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: It Depends!
Quote:
Originally Posted by francac View Post

Franca
You never need to deplete again.

When I restart I keep an 8 week cycle.
For week one…
Monday = Carb Down
Tuesday = Carb Down
Wednesday = Carb Down
Thursday = Carb Down
Friday = Carb Down
Saturday = Baseline
Sunday = Baseline
Then I follow week two just as it is in the book.
1LittleBee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 07:07 PM   #15
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: cynthialynn
Stats: 180.6/136/125
WOE: JUDD
Happy New Year!

Just dropping in to say hello. I'm still keeping the weight off - so very happy about that. Happy New Year everyone!
cynthialynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 07:38 AM   #16
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cynthialynn View Post
Just dropping in to say hello. I'm still keeping the weight off - so very happy about that. Happy New Year everyone!
FANTASTIC!!!!!
Old 01-05-2011, 07:48 AM   #17
Senior LCF Member

Cynthialynn: That is great!!! Congratulations!!

I have been doing the program without all of the information. I read the book a while ago and skimmed some notes to get started this week. The last two days I have just made sure to keep my carb grams under 20--that is it. I finally took the time last night to review better and realized that I shouldn't be eating shell fish and need to have a daily serving of broccoli. I am not sure if I am going to count the last two days, or not. I have also been eating olives. She really reiterates to "be exact".

All that said, I have lost just under 5 pounds. I am pleased. I feel good. Today is suppose to be my hit the wall day. So far, I feel fine. I have been doing TTapp and will start Callanetics when my DVD gets here. I have also been drinking a lot more water and less diet soda. Maybe that is the reason I feel so good?
Old 01-05-2011, 12:13 PM   #18
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: pagirl83
Stats: 172/142/?
WOE: CTFLC
Start Date: January 18, 2010
Hi friends! Well today is Day 1 for my re-start. So far, so good...except ended up with a huge headache this morning after zumba. Ohh well.

Any suggestions for in-between meals? I don't eat cottage cheese so I eat Greek yogurt, but dislike the plain stuff. I know I had the same problem last time..thought I was wiser but I guess not!
pagirl83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 02:08 PM   #19
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pagirl83 View Post
Hi friends! Well today is Day 1 for my re-start. So far, so good...except ended up with a huge headache this morning after zumba. Ohh well.

Any suggestions for in-between meals? I don't eat cottage cheese so I eat Greek yogurt, but dislike the plain stuff. I know I had the same problem last time..thought I was wiser but I guess not!
I know you are not suppose to but if I am hungry I head for protein and it is usually a little cheese or a hand full of almonds or walnuts.Good luck Sylvia
Old 01-05-2011, 05:19 PM   #20
Senior LCF Member

PaGirl: Whey protein? I get Jay Robb tropical dreamsicle and strawberry and like them a lot. It has 1 gram of carbs and 25 grams of protein. I mix it with water. Sometimes I even have it for breakfast when I am running late.

Also, do you like hard boiled eggs?
Old 01-05-2011, 10:42 PM   #21
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: BlondyBG
Stats: 144/137/125
WOE: Crack the fat-loss Code
Start Date: May 10th
Happy New Year my Cracker Friends!

I will be getting back on track, kind of lost control over the holidays
BlondyBG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 03:06 AM   #22
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlondyBG View Post
Happy New Year my Cracker Friends!

I will be getting back on track, kind of lost control over the holidays
Hey life happens and pick ourselves up dust ourselves off and start all over again.Long as we don;t give up we have a fighting chance.Sylvia
Old 01-06-2011, 11:24 AM   #23
Senior LCF Member

I didn't think of the other flavors of whey, I use the vanilla with my oatmeal. I never made the shakes because I dislike crystal lite. good idea. i like hardboiled eggs, but only on a salad. I make it tough for myself!!

Sylvia - I do the same! Sometimes I really need almonds and that crunch, I just count the fat grams and keep it under 20g per day. It worked well for me last year and held off my appetite!
Old 01-06-2011, 11:32 AM   #24
Senior LCF Member

Can we have nuts? Olives? While doing the deplete week as long as we count the carbs?
Old 01-06-2011, 12:51 PM   #25
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Can we have nuts? Olives? While doing the deplete week as long as we count the carbs?
No ~ deplete week is not the week to tweak ~ it must be followed exactly.
Check this post for allowed foods on deplete. http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/lo...l#post10603923
Old 01-07-2011, 02:55 PM   #26
Senior LCF Member

Mary: Thank you for the link. I have decided to do a restart to make sure that I properly deplete. I was probably about 75%. But when she says "be exact" I figure that I really want to be exact or it will be in the back of my head for the rest of the time it takes for me to get the weight off. I am starting tomorrow morning.

Gina
Old 01-07-2011, 03:33 PM   #27
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Mary: Thank you for the link. I have decided to do a restart to make sure that I properly deplete. I was probably about 75%. But when she says "be exact" I figure that I really want to be exact or it will be in the back of my head for the rest of the time it takes for me to get the weight off. I am starting tomorrow morning.

Gina
Gina I think that is a good choice. A few of us started "tweaking" after the first 8 weeks (some sooner out of necessity) but I still believe in an "exact" deplete week.
Since you are starting on a Saturday it will be a little hard to keep up with the correct days ~ Wendy's plan was based on a Monday start with Wednesdays and Saturdays as the "carb up" days.
I have some "planners" that will help you keep up with the days easier ~ if you want a copy just email me and I will send them to you.
Old 01-08-2011, 04:55 PM   #28
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: cynthialynn
Stats: 180.6/136/125
WOE: JUDD
Quote:
Cynthialynn: That is great!!! Congratulations!!
Thanks Gina! This is the only plan that has really worked for me. I could not be happier. Follow Wendy's plan exactly (especially in the beginning) and you will succeed too. You can do it!
cynthialynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2011, 10:04 AM   #29
Senior LCF Member

Mary,
I know we discussed this last year for me but can you help me out again? In the book it says we can have bagels, etc. on D days. I think we decided this is a typo. Just want to make sure. Was going to stick to my regular breakfasts. What do you typically have on a D day?
Old 01-09-2011, 10:47 AM   #30
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pagirl83 View Post
Mary,
I know we discussed this last year for me but can you help me out again? In the book it says we can have bagels, etc. on D days. I think we decided this is a typo. Just want to make sure. Was going to stick to my regular breakfasts. What do you typically have on a D day?
Yea Wendy said it was okay to have the bagel at breakfast. Personally on D day I just make it a baseline day except with my carbs AFTER 3pm. I like to call this "clean" until supper. Of course I don't always have "allowed" carbs on D day but that is the purpose of D day.