Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Other Plans
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-08-2011, 04:52 PM   #211
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Meek75
WOE: Whole Foods. No Sugar
Quote:
Originally Posted by laceymichelle View Post
SkinnyGenesFit....I dont think you really lose weight but when I drink I always wake up feeling skinny cause of dehydration...that is unless I pigged out the night before too....Make sense though?
That explains how I hit goal in 2005. I went out drinking with my cousin, and the next day the scale was at goal! But the very next day I was UP on the scale again .
Meek75 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 03-09-2011, 05:59 AM   #212
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: ddailey320
Stats: depressed/progressing/HAPPY
Morning All....

Hump Day Already!! Not as good as a friday, but seeing as th week is half over, I'll take it! Hit my 5 pound challenge goal this morning!! Woo-hoo 126.8! Had a subway salad with tuna last night and a coke w/cream. Also sucked the living daylights out of 1/2 of a Cool Ranch Dorito! LOL....talk about exhibiting self control.

Thinking i ought to up my calories up a bit today, but still not sure what exactly that will entail. I am hoping the weather stays fairly decent out there this afternoon so that I can get a jog in later. We shall see though!

Hope everyone has a great day!
Old 03-09-2011, 06:46 AM   #213

GM Everyone!!

The scale continues to move and I'm excited. I'm also down .5 inch on my waist line too. So happy.

@Danielle: Great job on hitting your 5 pound goal. LOL at you sucking in living daylights out of the Dorito! . I hope the weather cooperates for ya! Enjoy your jog!

Have a great day everyone... 2 more days till the weekend. YAHOO!! .
Old 03-09-2011, 05:35 PM   #214
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: icandoit
Stats: 250/237/150 Female 5’ 7'
Hello. I have always done Intermittent Fasting but i didn't know there was a name for it. I just like eating this way.
icandoit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 04:58 AM   #215

Quote:
Originally Posted by icandoit View Post
Hello. I have always done Intermittent Fasting but i didn't know there was a name for it. I just like eating this way.
- and you're so close to your goal. Good for you! Do you stick to eating only low carbs or do you eat whatever you want? What schedule are you following, if you dont mind me asking?

Thanks for sharing and congrats on your weight loss thus far.
Old 03-10-2011, 10:48 AM   #216
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: LCShadows
Stats: High: 349/CW 222.5/Goal 120
WOE: LC whole foods - no sugar, grain, dairy
Start Date: LC 7/11/08
icandoit,

Lacey, I haven't read Eat Stop Eat. I read Fast-5, then the IF Life web site, and Dr. Eade's IF posts. Then just went to it, doing Fast-5.

Jan, I'm so sorry to hear about your mom's stroke. She is so lucky to still be able to speak. That seems like one of the hardest things to regain after a stroke. Be sure to take care of yourself, too, while you're focusing on mom!
LCShadows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2011, 06:01 AM   #217

Hello Everyone. Today is Day 20 since I've started Intermittent Fasting and I just love this lifestyle. I haven't lost a lot of weight, but the inches are melting away, I'm learning so much about my body, I can now distinguish true hunger and no longer eat by the clock. I'm also leaning how to make better choices and no longer binge eat. This is so great and I feel like I can do this forever.... as a matter fact, I will do this forever!!

I'm a little tired this morning, and thought about break fast earlier than usually, but there is no reason to if I'm not hungry. I've been monitoring my BS level during the past 20 days and I have no highs or lows, which is a blessing.

I hope you all are having a wonderful morning. Enjoy your weekend.
Old 03-11-2011, 06:25 AM   #218
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Britt1975
Stats: 331/293/150
WOE: Low carb whole foods
Start Date: 1/14/2013
Good morning! Yesterday was my first try with IF and I loved it! I struggled a little bit with hunger twinges around breakfast and lunch times - but I found that a mug of green tea with splenda and CO soothed that right over, also lots of water. When my eating window rolled around I enjoyed my food so much! It wasn't a chore to prepare and eat, which is the main reason I would love to succeed on this WOE. This morning I woke up a pound lighter... and I'm happy to say I haven't felt any hunger twinges so far.

This weekend I'm going to look into some of the books that have been recommended, so I can make sure I have a handle on doing this properly... but I really think I've found a plan that works for me. So glad to have stumbled upon this WOE and to have found this thread!
4th mini goal - 275 lbs
5th mini goal - weighing less than my husband

Britt1975 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2011, 07:03 AM   #219
Major LCF Poster!

Happy Friday!

Enjoying a rainy day here...daycare kiddos and I took a vote and decided a lazy popcorn and movie day was in order

Britt~ so glad to hear this is working for you. I'm sure you'll find the hunger feeling to disappear rather quickly. If not, then sticking with the small snacks/drinks is definitely a great idea!

Meekness~ 20 days in already?! WOW...must be going well if you are still sticking with it!

Icandoit~ WElCOME! funny how some people just naturally fall into this kind of eating pattern. I was the same way, it was when I was trying to eat 3 regular meals or 5-6 mini meals a day that i struggled. What time of day do you prefer to eat? Are you following lowcarb along with IF?
ddailey320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2011, 09:02 AM   #220

Britt, welcome, and I'm glad you are enjoying Intermittent Fasting. Please post daily. Thanks and have a great weekend!

Danielle, how sweet! Enjoy movie day with the kiddies .
Quote:
Enjoying a rainy day here...daycare kiddos and I took a vote and decided a lazy popcorn and movie day was in order
Old 03-11-2011, 12:49 PM   #221
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: icandoit
Stats: 250/237/150 Female 5’ 7'
I am doing Stillmans but I have some off days if I really want something. I like eating starting dinner time and don't eat past 12. It works pretty good for me.
icandoit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2011, 12:12 PM   #222
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: iakaren
Stats: 191/181/160
WOE: LC 11/06;CAD 11/11
Start Date: October 28, 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by LCShadows View Post
icandoit,

Lacey, I haven't read Eat Stop Eat. I read Fast-5, then the IF Life web site, and Dr. Eade's IF posts. Then just went to it, doing Fast-5.

Jan, I'm so sorry to hear about your mom's stroke. She is so lucky to still be able to speak. That seems like one of the hardest things to regain after a stroke. Be sure to take care of yourself, too, while you're focusing on mom!
Just checking in................glad to see I know somebody still here!!!

Busy, but at least scale isn't completely out of control!!!
iakaren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2011, 04:19 PM   #223
Major LCF Poster!

Just jogging on through shouting out hi's and hello's!

Spent part of my day shopping for my upcoming Vegas Trip!!! Sin City here I come (with a new smaller waredrobe I might add!) Picked up 3 cute dresses and a couple tops. Still need to get a couple pair of light pants/shorts. Shopping is just way to time consuming! UUUgghhhh... (not a big fan of shopping!)

Well, after about 4 long years I finally gave in and did it....I WENT and GOT MY HAIR DID! I have been trimming my own hair for years now but decided it was long overdue to go and get some real shape cut back into it. I told the girl upfront that I have this fear of someone just chopping it, so she was really good about keeping as much length as possible. It feels (and looks) so good!! Sometimes it's just the little things

Hope ya'll have a great weekend!
Old 03-12-2011, 04:30 PM   #224
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: rqw1968
Stats: 199 lbs/143.1 lbs/128 lbs (5' 6.5") Age: 44
WOE: Typically VLC, On hCG SubQ R1P2 since 10/4/2012
Start Date: January '09 (Restart: 7/15/2012)
"Gettin' mah hair did" is one of the guilty pleasures that makes me happy. I do that every other month and get a mani/pedi once a month.

Can't wait to see pix of the new 'do.
rqw1968 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2011, 12:02 AM   #225
Senior LCF Member

Day three of IF... still loving it. Saw another tick down on the scale this morning. Which is fabulous, because we went out to dinner last night. Usually, even if I eat on plan, the hidden carbs/high sodium in restaurant food causes me to shift up on the scale, but not this time

I made it through today with only one cup of green tea and VCO in addition to my 3 liters of water. Hardly any feelings of hunger at all. During my feeding time, I ate the same portion sizes that I would normally eat, though I did have a snack at the beginning of my window, and then dessert just before it closed. However, after looking on Fit Day, I see that my calories have been cut in half, and I'm averaging 10 carbs per day, rather than my previous 25-30.

I'm looking forward to moving on to day four!
Old 03-13-2011, 07:02 AM   #226

Happy Sunday Everyone!

Britt, seems like you are doing well! .

I went from 201.2 to 198.0 this week...I'm hoping the scale continues to move downward. I love this lifestyle!
Old 03-13-2011, 01:44 PM   #227
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: JanBhere
Stats: 178/153/135
WOE: atkins with Intermittent fasting or feeding.
Start Date: July 1
Im doing a 24 hour fast this time. I havent ate anything since 630 last nite and Im going to do dinner tonight. Open that window for about 4 hours and then back off again til around 1 or 2pm tomorrow. I keep feeling as if Im gaining weight. Daughter says it doesnt look as if Im gaining, but thats just the feeling I get....lol Not tooo hungry even yet. I have stayed very busy today. EAT WELL
JanBhere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2011, 05:25 PM   #228
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: E.W.
Stats: 318/297/ a lot less
WOE: Fast5
Start Date: restart again 1/17/2014
Well I will try to start this tomorow but have a question about the nonfasting day. In
the little reading I did on this it looks like there is no restriction on foods on the eating
day. Are there people here geting good results eating lots of carbs on the nonfasting
day?
E.W. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 06:46 AM   #229
Senior LCF Member

Hi EW - I'm new to doing this... and for the time being I'm sticking with low carb during my eating window. I'd love to know what other people's experiences have been with it though.

Today is day five of IF! Yesterday was surprisingly easy because I woke up very late. Slept through quite a bit of my fast. However, when my window opened, I realized I was REALLY hungry. I'm attributing some of that to TOM though... which arrived yesterday. My rings are tight again, and I'm just feeling boated in general. I'm staying off the scale until this passes, because seeing the gains (even though I know it's only TOM) is a recipe for disaster for me.

Would those of you who have been doing this awhile mind posting an average eating window menu? I'm curious as to how other people spread out their intake during their window.
Old 03-14-2011, 07:37 AM   #230

Hello. Checking in. Today is Day 23, and I'm still doing great! .

I usually break fast between 12:00PM-2:30PM, depending on my level of hunger. I break fast with a piece of fruit and some veggies, then I eat my main meal for lunch; snack at 3PM, and nothing after either 5, 6, or 7 (depending when I break fast). When I started IF, I wasn't restrictive on the foods I ate; however, I am now sticking to low-mod carbs to lose weight. Everything else in moderation in due time.

HTH

Last edited by Meek75; 03-14-2011 at 07:38 AM..
Old 03-14-2011, 02:33 PM   #231
Major LCF Poster!

My eating window is typically from around 6:30-10pm or whenever I'm dome working out I'm totally estimating on times here- really it's just as I'm hungry

Course 1: 6:30
I usually start out with a good size salad- usually just romaine,tomatoes, cukes and feta cheese with full circle Greek dressing and vinegar or sometimes a salad from Subway with tuna on it. If I'm not in a salad mood, usually it's a lowcarb spinach pie- spinach, olives, turkey pepperoni, and lowfat cheese wrapped in a LC tortilla and baked. If the kids are having spaghetti I will make myself a littlebit ofdreamfield's and add broccoli and butter to it (or leftover spinach dip)

Course 2: 7:30/8
Greek yogurt with sensato flax granola, unsweetened cocoa, shredded unsweetened coconut....or....Breyer chocolate carbsmart ice cream with flax granola and sc chocolate chips and natural PB

Course 3: 9/9:30
1-1.5 oz almonds and a diet Coke with cream...or a few pieces of sf Hershey's chocolates

Course 4 : 10
Large cup of hot unsweetened almond milk with davinci sf chai syrup

If I find myself hungry I might also have some cut up veggies with dressing or homemade guacamole, 1 or 2 hard boiled eggs or even a spoonful of peanut butter if I didn't have some earlier. I really just try to go with the flow and base it on my hunger level. I have occassionally been adding in some fruit if i'min the mood for it.

Last edited by ddailey320; 03-14-2011 at 02:36 PM..
Old 03-14-2011, 05:57 PM   #232
Senior LCF Member

I've been doing something like this:

1st course (6pm) - Caprese Salad or a few slices of Prosciutto wrapped mozzarella and basil.

2nd course (8pm) - Whatever I'm making for the family for dinner. Usually some kind of grilled/roasted meat and a sauteed, steamed or roasted veggie.

3rd course (9 or 10pm) - sugar free low carb dessert of some sort.
Old 03-15-2011, 04:08 AM   #233
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Notia
Hi!
Joining in from Greece. I started IF half "accidentally" last week. Caught myself eating way too much each day. I had been reading quite a few articles and blogs about intermittent fasting and one evening just decided to give it a try. I love it! This is actually only my 5th day of fasting. I'm using the 19/5 method. My feeding window starts at 2pm and ends 7pm. It works perfectly for me. When my kids get home from school we sit down together for a meal. Then in the evening I can enjoy a long leisurely coffee with LC cheesecake and berries. Sometimes I do snack on nuts or cheese in between the two "meals", but that's mostly on days that I don't nap during the siesta.

The first couple of days I ate huge amounts of food during my window, but decided not to worry about it too much, but just wait and see what happens. On the third day I noticed a big difference in my portion sizes. I was eating a lot less, but still feeling satisfied. I thought I'd continue eating this way as long as it feels good and I get some results. Already I feel less bloated.

Actually I was planning to start the Eades' 6-week-cure yesterday, but decided to let it wait now that the IF started so painlessly.
Notia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 06:20 AM   #234

Quote:
Originally Posted by Notia View Post
Hi!
Joining in from Greece. I started IF half "accidentally" last week. Caught myself eating way too much each day. I had been reading quite a few articles and blogs about intermittent fasting and one evening just decided to give it a try. I love it! This is actually only my 5th day of fasting. I'm using the 19/5 method. My feeding window starts at 2pm and ends 7pm. It works perfectly for me. When my kids get home from school we sit down together for a meal. Then in the evening I can enjoy a long leisurely coffee with LC cheesecake and berries. Sometimes I do snack on nuts or cheese in between the two "meals", but that's mostly on days that I don't nap during the siesta.

The first couple of days I ate huge amounts of food during my window, but decided not to worry about it too much, but just wait and see what happens. On the third day I noticed a big difference in my portion sizes. I was eating a lot less, but still feeling satisfied. I thought I'd continue eating this way as long as it feels good and I get some results. Already I feel less bloated.

Actually I was planning to start the Eades' 6-week-cure yesterday, but decided to let it wait now that the IF started so painlessly.
Notia, , sounds like you're doing well already. Keep up the good work, and please check in daily.

How often are you weighing?
Old 03-15-2011, 06:22 AM   #235

Danielle and Britt, do you ladies find yourself to be extremely hungry when you break fast in the evenings?

My appetite has increased this week and I've been over eating. I think it's because TOM is due . UGH!
Old 03-15-2011, 08:25 AM   #236
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinnyGenesFit View Post
Danielle and Britt, do you ladies find yourself to be extremely hungry when you break fast in the evenings?

My appetite has increased this week and I've been over eating. I think it's because TOM is due . UGH!
I know what you mean. I'm in TOM right now, and yesterday I pounced on the food as soon as my window opened. Because I've only recently started IF, I'm not that worried about my portion sizes, but I have been entering my food in ******. Compared to when I was eating three meals a day and sometimes snacks, I'm eating far less daily. Which is what I'm focusing on right now.

I am still drinking tea with VCO during my usual 'breakfast' and 'lunch' times. I'd like to get away from that and be truly fasting... but that's going to have to wait until TOM leaves.
Old 03-15-2011, 08:32 AM   #237

Quote:
Originally Posted by Britt1975 View Post
I know what you mean. I'm in TOM right now, and yesterday I pounced on the food as soon as my window opened. Because I've only recently started IF, I'm not that worried about my portion sizes, but I have been entering my food in ******. Compared to when I was eating three meals a day and sometimes snacks, I'm eating far less daily. Which is what I'm focusing on right now.

I am still drinking tea with VCO during my usual 'breakfast' and 'lunch' times. I'd like to get away from that and be truly fasting... but that's going to have to wait until TOM leaves.
Britt, is the fat in your tea helping reduce your appetite too?
Old 03-15-2011, 08:57 AM   #238
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinnyGenesFit View Post
Britt, is the fat in your tea helping reduce your appetite too?
It is. It doesn't help with the limbic hunger, because I still have the urge to munch on something... but my tummy isn't growling and aching. Last week I was using two Tbs of VCO in each mug of tea. Starting yesterday I backed down to just 1 Tbs in each mug. I'm going to wean myself off slowly until I'm just drinking the tea straight, and I'll find other ways to get my VCO in during my eating window.
Old 03-15-2011, 03:33 PM   #239

Quote:
Originally Posted by Britt1975 View Post
It is. It doesn't help with the limbic hunger, because I still have the urge to munch on something... but my tummy isn't growling and aching. Last week I was using two Tbs of VCO in each mug of tea. Starting yesterday I backed down to just 1 Tbs in each mug. I'm going to wean myself off slowly until I'm just drinking the tea straight, and I'll find other ways to get my VCO in during my eating window.
I use to add VCO to my teas many years ago...maybe I'll start doing it again during my eating window. I need all the help I can get to suppress my appetite the natural way.

Thanks for sharing.

I'm going to read fast-5 again tonight for motivation .
Old 03-15-2011, 04:34 PM   #240
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: E.W.
Stats: 318/297/ a lot less
WOE: Fast5
Start Date: restart again 1/17/2014
I fasted yesterday till about 7PM and then ate about 500 calories. Darn if today I din't
feal less hunger than I usualy do. I did eat about 2000 calories but usualy I eat more
than that. Funny I just rembered an old friend who lost all his weight eating only one
meal a day and has been following this plan for about 30 years.
E.W. is offline   Reply With Quote