Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Other Plans
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-02-2011, 10:24 AM   #181
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: ddailey320
Stats: depressed/progressing/HAPPY
love the new pic Meek!!
ddailey320 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 03-02-2011, 10:30 AM   #182
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Meek75
WOE: Atkins
Thank you so much!
Meek75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 10:48 AM   #183
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: kind
WOE: Fresh green smoothies with the Vitamix.and1,200cal
Start Date: April1 2013
Hi.
I was reading on the If. here you have posted.
It seems to me he is saying you must do a real fast while on this?
If you have some food or shakes or what ever>If it has calaries it is not a fast. You are doing something else.
Do u all fast? How does this work? I would like to do with judd.
kind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 10:55 AM   #184

Quote:
Originally Posted by kind View Post
Hi.
I was reading on the If. here you have posted.
It seems to me he is saying you must do a real fast while on this?
If you have some food or shakes or what ever>If it has calaries it is not a fast. You are doing something else.
Do u all fast? How does this work? I would like to do with judd.
I only fast for 19 hours, and eat within my 5 hour window. I know some folks who incorporate a 24 hour fast a couple times a week. You can modify the fast to fit your lifestyle. You don't have to change your lifestyle to modify fast-5, which is why I love this.

Hope this helps, .
Old 03-02-2011, 11:04 AM   #185
Major LCF Poster!

I typically fast 18-20 hours but if I were to perhaps eat a little more liberally on a Sunday for instance (I have been trying to incorporate free meals/days), I would normally fast all day Monday (helps eliminate water weight gain faster) and then resume with my evening eating window on Tuesday which would put me closer to a 48 hour fast.

During my non-eating (fasting) times I drink lots of water and usually 1-2 cups of herbal mint tea (couple drops of sweet-ez only). If there happens to be a day where I just seem truly hungry during the day, I'll snack on a 1/2 oz of almonds or perhaps a hard boiled egg. This WOE is certainly not meant to be torturous, no use in treating it that way!
Old 03-04-2011, 08:25 AM   #186
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: LCShadows
Stats: High: 349/CW 222.5/Goal 120
WOE: LC whole foods - no sugar, grain, dairy
Start Date: LC 7/11/08
Kind, I fast 18 hours, use a 6-hour window. I don't consume any calories outside my window, though I did when I was transitioning to IF. (I had a 100-calorie shake or a boiled egg in the AM during transition, because I was getting up about 5 but not opening my window until 11 or 12, and I was used to breakfast.) Now I have a window from about 10A-4PM or 11A-5PM and don't eat outside it. I find it I eat later that it creates digestive problems. I combine IF with LC, though I allow myself one higher-carb/higher-calorie day (Saturday, usually) per week. It's not a go-crazy day, just relaxing the rules a little. Some people following Fast5 don't do LC -- they just eat whatever they want within that window. Since I'm older and still have significant weight to lose, I find that doesn't really work for me. It is a great flexible plan, though. You can move your window if you have a special event and it minimizes the damage of eating out/partying.

Eliza, belatedly

Meekness, good to see you again. Like the new picture.
LCShadows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2011, 10:10 AM   #187

Thanks LCShadows. I like the principles you're following on IF. Keep up the good work.

Have a good weekend .
Old 03-04-2011, 12:00 PM   #188
Major LCF Poster!

130.2 this morning... although the scale did tease me by showing 129.8 the first two times I stepped on then started bouncing around after that- figured I should average it.

NOTE TO SELF: Step on once and be done with it!!

Hope all are doing well! Anyone have any great plans fo the weekend?
Old 03-04-2011, 12:25 PM   #189

Congrats Danielle. I like "Step on once and be done with it" .
Have you lost 77.6 pounds while Intermittent Fasting? If so, WOW!
You and I are almost the same height (I stand at 5'5); and you are were I desire to be in weight. I can't "weight" to reach that point.

My birthday is Sunday, but no plans other than church and cake! lol

Have a good weekend.
Old 03-04-2011, 12:26 PM   #190

Danielle, also, how many cals do you consume with IFing or do you not worry about cals at all?

Thanks.
Old 03-05-2011, 08:36 AM   #191

Gallery: Eliza_Jazz
Stats: in Twoterville :)
WOE: My own natural/organic LC
Start Date: April 20, 2010 and every day since
Quote:
Originally Posted by LCShadows View Post

Eliza, belatedly
Thank you
Eliza_Jazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2011, 05:20 AM   #192
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: laceymichelle
Stats: 150/127/125
Start Date: July 12
Eat Stop Eat

Ok, 3rd day If'ing and I love it! I think I have FINALLY found my ace in the hole!!!! YAY!!!!!!!!!!

Ok, been reading The retired dieters page and really like it. REALLY want to buy Eat Stop Eat but not ready to pay 40.00 for it. Has anyone read it and recommend? Tell me about it....
laceymichelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2011, 06:36 AM   #193

Quote:
Originally Posted by laceymichelle View Post
Ok, 3rd day If'ing and I love it! I think I have FINALLY found my ace in the hole!!!! YAY!!!!!!!!!!

Ok, been reading The retired dieters page and really like it. REALLY want to buy Eat Stop Eat but not ready to pay 40.00 for it. Has anyone read it and recommend? Tell me about it....
Welcome. And I feel the same way as you!
I haven't read Brad's book, but plan on purchasing it one day soon. I watch him on Youtube though. Check him out if you haven't already. He provides very helpful tips.

Check out this blog as well: 19 Hours=Freedom.
Old 03-06-2011, 03:20 PM   #194
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: JanBhere
Stats: 178/153/135
WOE: atkins with Intermittent fasting or feeding.
Start Date: July 1
Hey all,
Its good to be back. I lost my log in password and I just didnt look for it because things have been soo crazy here the past month. Mom has had a stroke. One month today. She was in the hospital for about 2 weeks and has been in rehab now for another 2 weeks. Not walking well at all, but she is able to talk well and her recall is good on the long term memory , but short term is a bit slow. She has a long road ahead of her and will not be going home alone. So with all that said. I m still going on with IF. Still loving it, but the exercise has went out the window for time being. I will be back soon, EAT WELL.
Old 03-06-2011, 03:22 PM   #195

Quote:
Originally Posted by JanBhere View Post
Hey all,
Its good to be back. I lost my log in password and I just didnt look for it because things have been soo crazy here the past month. Mom has had a stroke. One month today. She was in the hospital for about 2 weeks and has been in rehab now for another 2 weeks. Not walking well at all, but she is able to talk well and her recall is good on the long term memory , but short term is a bit slow. She has a long road ahead of her and will not be going home alone. So with all that said. I m still going on with IF. Still loving it, but the exercise has went out the window for time being. I will be back soon, EAT WELL.
Dear Jan, sorry to hear about your mom. I pray she has a speedy recovery. Be encourage and take care of yourself, .
Old 03-06-2011, 05:03 PM   #196

Gallery: Eliza_Jazz
Stats: in Twoterville :)
WOE: My own natural/organic LC
Start Date: April 20, 2010 and every day since
This is what I bought after reading Amazon reviews (waiting for it to arrive):

unfortunately Eat Stop Eat is not available there...
Eliza_Jazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2011, 08:18 PM   #197

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eliza_Jazz View Post
This is what I bought after reading Amazon reviews (waiting for it to arrive):

unfortunately Eat Stop Eat is not available there...
How much did you pay for the Fast-5 book? You could have download it for free.

You can purchase Eat Stop Eat from Brad's website.

HTH
Old 03-06-2011, 10:05 PM   #198
Major LCF Poster!

Lacey- so glad this is working for you! I just had a feeling it would I too really liked the retired dieter site. He also has videos posted on YouTube!

Jan- my thoughts are with you and your mom! So sorry to hear about everything going on. Hang in there

Meek- Happy Birthday! Hope it was a good one. I would say my calories seem to cycle depending on what the eating plan is for the day. Eggfast or fat fast usually come to 800-1000, regular IF days can vary from 800-1200. A full fast is obviously 0 and my free day I struggle, but do my best to not count calories (really hard not to though) I'm sure I have some days where my calories are higher as well as other days when they are lower. Trying my hardest to move towards a more intuitive eating style and not being quite so neurotic keeping tabs on EVERYTHING
Old 03-07-2011, 05:31 AM   #199
Senior LCF Member

Ok, so today I weighed this morning and am up to 144! WTH! Day 4 today of IF. Im going to weigh again before I open my eating window later today and see if that makes a difference. Since Im eating at night (5-8/9) maybe that does have something to do with it...we will see!

Happy Monday everyone! Im really going to push thru and see if I can see the 130's by the end of the week!!!
Old 03-07-2011, 05:50 AM   #200

Quote:
Meek- Happy Birthday! Hope it was a good one. I would say my calories seem to cycle depending on what the eating plan is for the day. Eggfast or fat fast usually come to 800-1000, regular IF days can vary from 800-1200. A full fast is obviously 0 and my free day I struggle, but do my best to not count calories (really hard not to though) I'm sure I have some days where my calories are higher as well as other days when they are lower. Trying my hardest to move towards a more intuitive eating style and not being quite so neurotic keeping tabs on EVERYTHING
Thank you so much.
Okay, so you follow different eating plans while you IF? I thought about doing that too. During week 1, I ate low carb + fruit and lost really well. But in week 2, I gained. This is week 3, and I plan to do ZC as I would like to get into ketosis asap. I realize that I must eat 1119-1165 cals per day in order to hit my goal of 10 pounds this month. I really hope I reach my goal.

Also, I'm going to check out the retire dieters vlogs on youtube. Thanks for sharing that information.

Have a good day!!
Old 03-07-2011, 05:52 AM   #201

Quote:
Originally Posted by laceymichelle View Post
Ok, so today I weighed this morning and am up to 144! WTH! Day 4 today of IF. Im going to weigh again before I open my eating window later today and see if that makes a difference. Since Im eating at night (5-8/9) maybe that does have something to do with it...we will see!

Happy Monday everyone! Im really going to push thru and see if I can see the 130's by the end of the week!!!
Hi Michelle. I think it would be best to weigh right before you open your window. Weighing around the same time each day will provide a slightly more accurate result.

I hope you see 130's this week! You can do it!!
Old 03-07-2011, 05:57 AM   #202

I removed the batteries from my scale last night so I wouldn't weigh every day this week. I'm hoping to be in a better place than I was on Saturday and Sunday . This is day 15 since I starting Intermittent Fasting and I'm just as excited about this lifesyle as I was the first day .

Happy Monday and have a great week! Make all your hard work count!

Old 03-07-2011, 05:37 PM   #203
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: JanBhere
Stats: 178/153/135
WOE: atkins with Intermittent fasting or feeding.
Start Date: July 1
I hate weighing myself. I just go by how my clothes feel on my body. I only weigh when I see the DR. I like it better that way. That way I dont judge myself as a certain number.
JanBhere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 05:52 AM   #204

Quote:
I hate weighing myself. I just go by how my clothes feel on my body. I only weigh when I see the DR. I like it better that way. That way I dont judge myself as a certain number.
I know that's right!
Old 03-08-2011, 05:54 AM   #205

I wish more folks would post daily, as I really need the support of this group (smile). Have a great day everyone.
Old 03-08-2011, 06:07 AM   #206
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
I soooo wish I could do this- my mind would be so less nuerotic!

At my low of 128.2 this morning, which means I SHOULD hopefully see a small loss by tonight before opening my eating window!

So anyone care to share their typical menus???? Are you someone who sticks to the same meals, or thrive on variety. I tend to stick with the same stuff... nothing terribly interesting. Lots and Lots of veggies actually! I'm not really a meat eater so I have to work at getting my protein in...mostly through dairy (feta cheese, greek yogurt) and nuts (almonds, natural peanut butter) Thinking I might have to start adding in an EAS protein shake in.

Okay folks, have a good one!
Old 03-08-2011, 06:11 AM   #207

I stick to the same meals almost everyday (fruit, veggies, protein, healthy fats, nuts), and yocheese. My menus are pretty boring, lol.
Old 03-08-2011, 08:53 AM   #208
Senior LCF Member

Good Morning! I hope everyone is having a great day! I had a great day yesterday (as far as eating on plan) but with dinner I splurged on red wine and ended up drinking the entire bottle with my mom....oooops! So, I think that is why I was down 2lbs this morning...dehydration....even though I didnt eat much yest (a turkey burger with green beans for dinner and snacked on some puffs (the kids Gerber snacks) which are very low in cals. Anyway, because Im not feeling that great today I will not be IFing. I did eat 2 cans of green beans already today. Feeling stuffed right now. Going to wait til dinner for another meal. I plan on doing a 30min FIRM video later too. Ok, have no idea what dinner tonight will be but going to keep it low carb/low fat.
Old 03-08-2011, 11:01 AM   #209

Lacey, I hope you feel better. I didn't know one loses weight when they are dehydrated . I'm going to read up on that now.
Old 03-08-2011, 01:00 PM   #210
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinnyGenesFit View Post
Lacey, I hope you feel better. I didn't know one loses weight when they are dehydrated :con
fused: . I'm going to read up on that now.
SkinnyGenesFit....I dont think you really lose weight but when I drink I always wake up feeling skinny cause of dehydration...that is unless I pigged out the night before too....Make sense though?