Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Other Plans
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-20-2011, 09:12 AM   #121
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: dasiey
Hi back at ya. Today is day for doing fast 5.
So far so good.
dasiey is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 01-20-2011, 10:14 AM   #122
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: ddailey320
Stats: depressed/progressing/HAPPY
Welcome to our humble little bunch Dasiey!

I was planning on breaking my fast last night, but end up just downing more water and some tea instead...kind of glad I did because I woke up to a 5 pound whoosh! That pretty much eliminates all the water weight from my free day (or two) over the weekend.

I did fasted cardio last night on the treadmill and it felt great... only did 2 miles, but much more jogging vs. quick walking than usual. I always "run" better in a fasted state! Followed up by some body resistance work- push ups, situps, pilates type leg and ab exercises, etc.
Old 01-20-2011, 10:33 AM   #123
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Jaded62
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: 1/1/14
You are doing so well, Danielle.I am doing good. I am doing an if day today. So far so good.I plan on breaking it at dinner time5:30 or 6.It`s making me feel better. I am going to throw in exercise next week.I have to get used to something first,before I can exercise.I just walk,for now.
Jaded62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 10:36 AM   #124
Blabbermouth!!!

Thank you Danielle...
I got my exercise in. My window
opens at 2pm. I will have about
1800 calories and will stop eating
at or before 7pm.
Old 01-20-2011, 06:46 PM   #125
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: E.W.
Stats: 318/297/ a lot less
WOE: Fast5
Start Date: restart again 1/17/2014
Well one fast day and one regular day down so far. I made a discovery I have fewer
dirty dishes in the sink at the end of a fast day.....
E.W. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 07:09 PM   #126
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by E.W. View Post
Well one fast day and one regular day down so far. I made a discovery I have fewer
lol...oh the added benefits of fasting I find I am constantly using the small 1/4 cup size ziplock plastic ware containers- perfect size for dressing to go with my celery sticks or as a container to microwave some cream cheese and PB together, or to hold an ounce of almonds!

Broke my fast tonight...ate a small amount but at least it was something- not like I really want to break a multiday fast with a big ole meal Thinking tomorrow with be a fat fast day although IFing and then having a lowcarb spinach pie tomorrow night also sounds like a good way to end the week. Will play it by ear and see

Night All
ddailey320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 07:51 AM   #127
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by E.W. View Post
Sweet......

Also we can buy less food.
and save some money to
go to happy warm places.
Old 01-21-2011, 08:29 AM   #128
Major LCF Poster!

Happy to say that my water weight plus some is gone for good! Woke up to another pound down

Feeling like a slouth today...need to get up and moving some more if I'm going to burn any real calories today. I have already shoveled twice and put 6 garbage bags full of clothes and a bin of shoes outside for the donation truck. Other than that its been a laid back kind of day- even though there's no school, it seems eerily calm in my house today.

Getting ready to make pizza and spinach pies with the kids in a bit for lunch. I think I'll make a LC spinach pie and save it for later tonight. Later this evening they are having a pajama,popcorn & movie night for the kids at the library, so I'm thinking we'll head up there. Going to have to figure out where to squeeze a workout in.
Old 01-23-2011, 06:22 PM   #129
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: MSN08
Stats: sizes 18/6 calling goal!
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: June 2012
Hi everyone, I really want to do this and I have read all of the links but I need someone to dumb this down for me or tell me if I am understanding this properly. You have a 5hr window period at whatever time you chose to eat whatever you want and as much as you want and then you fast the remaining hrs of the day, is that correct? I have never been a breakfast person and in fact I feel best mentally and physically the longer I go without food so I really think this would be great!
MSN08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 06:19 AM   #130
Major LCF Poster!

Happy Monday All...
Planning on doing a full 24 hour fast to start off the week. Had a greek salad with feta cheese and some pizza toppings last night which have me up .6 this morning. Plenty of water today though should help take care of that Hopefully I'll be rewarded tomorrow with a nice little loss plus some extra! A girl can hope, right?!

Hi there MSN! The great part of IF is that you can really tailor it to whatever suits you. There are several differnt plans out there that incorporate Intermittent Fasting each of them having slight differences as well as similarities. Some people incorporate and eating window as you mentioned- whether its 2 hr, 5 hr, 12 hr, etc depends on what you are following. Other plans do a 24 hr fasting period followed by a 24 hr eating period.

Although I have found I can "get away" with eating a little more freely with IF, I still tend to keep things healthy and low/lower carb. I wouldn't suggest most people to just "eat whatever you want", although the occasional treat is certainly acceptable . For some people this may cause major craving afterward their eating time but again, other people an flip flop just fine.

Many of us are following different plans and finding what works for us individually, so feel free to ask questions! GOOD LUCK!
Old 01-24-2011, 08:20 AM   #131
Blabbermouth!!!

good morning. I had a great weekend I hope you all did to.
Old 01-24-2011, 01:57 PM   #132
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: LCShadows
Stats: High: 349/CW 222.5/Goal 120
WOE: LC whole foods - no sugar, grain, dairy
Start Date: LC 7/11/08
MSN, you got it! That simple.

Sorry I haven't been around much. I have a lot going on in my work and life, and am choosing to stay offline and away from the media a lot in order to have the mental energy to deal with. I expect I'll drift back to the boards more in Feb.

Haven't really seen weight change since the new year but my measurements are shifting around, so that is good. I've been focusing more on exercise and less on eating this year so far.

Danielle, sounds like your Valentine's challenge is going really well.
LCShadows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 07:16 AM   #133
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: LBishop
Stats: 151.5/144/125-129 5'4" 48yo
Start Date: Restart November 2010
wow, I typed out a big long response last night from my phone only to hit a wrong button and lose it all. I'm still here but a few days ago I realized I need to quit kidding myself that I can just eat whatever I want. I seriuosly need to cut out sugar and refined carbs because of the high incidence of diabetes in my family. There is no question of if, but when if I don't control my sugar and carbs. So, yesterday I went low carb and decided while trying to control the cravings, it might be easier for a day or so to allow myself a bigger window and not try to do my JUDDD plan. I'm going to shoot for an up day today with low carb and then see if I can do a dd tomorrow. I"m down a few pounds, partly due to losing some bloating I had so that is good. I feel thinner and am down an inch in my waist.
Old 01-25-2011, 02:50 PM   #134
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: E.W.
Stats: 318/297/ a lot less
WOE: Fast5
Start Date: restart again 1/17/2014
I just saw another fasting plan. This was a mini fast of 12 to 16 hrs. With an exercise
period at least 4 hours after the start of the fast period and 4 hours before the end
of the fast.
E.W. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 03:55 PM   #135
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: LCShadows
Stats: High: 349/CW 222.5/Goal 120
WOE: LC whole foods - no sugar, grain, dairy
Start Date: LC 7/11/08
Leisa, you might want to consider giving yourself at least 3 "up" days on LC to get the sugar and stuff out of your system. Fasting and down days will be easier to manage once you've "detoxed" from sugar and carbs.
LCShadows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 04:03 PM   #136
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LCShadows View Post
Leisa, you might want to consider giving yourself at least 3 "up" days on LC to get the sugar and stuff out of your system. Fasting and down days will be easier to manage once you've "detoxed" from sugar and carbs.
Yes, I think I need to do this. I've had two days and both days I didnt stay low carb but it was because yesterday my dh made soup and put potatoes in it.....and corn...and then made rice to go with it....sigh. I ended up eating it both nights because I haven't been feeling well and was out all day yesterday running my girls around and was just too tired to think about not eating the nice hot soup that was waiting on us when I got home. The rest of the day has been low carb and I'm keeping any snacks low carb but I think a couple of strict low carb with no restrictions to time or calories would be very helpful.
LBishop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 04:04 AM   #137
Major LCF Poster!

Just a quick Hi and Hello!! Hope everyone is doing well.

Happy to report an actual loss this morning. -1.4 which puts me .4 under my low...Not a whole heck of a lot, but at this point and loss is worth noting in my book

I am thinking that I am going to try adding in Protein Sparing Modified Fast (PSMF) from Lyle McDonald's Rapid Fat Loss Plan into my IFing (which is pretty much what I do anyways on these day- primarily lean protein, lower carb/lower cal with the inclusion of 2 "free meals" during the week). I want to try to focus more on dropping my body fat % and this might be the way to do it. you know me, always looking to shake things up a bit No harm in trying it for a week or two to see if it works out.

Okay, got to run...will try to check back later
Old 01-26-2011, 04:19 AM   #138
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: alonewithyou
Stats: 5'4, 150 lbs
WOE: Atkins >20 carbs a day
Start Date: 09-01-10/10-29-12/01-10-13/07-29-13
Do you eat normal food or low carb on your eating days? I think I might try this, but I have no idea how to deal with the massive hunger I will feel!
alonewithyou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 01:28 PM   #139
Blabbermouth!!!

Well my fast was hard today. its also dd.
I guess tomorrow will come when it does.

Alone I eat normal food but some do eat LC
Old 01-27-2011, 02:13 PM   #140
Major LCF Poster!

Alonewithyou~ I eat pretty much lowcarb with the allowed exception of 1 "free meal" a week, but even that is low in respect to a normal non-lowcarb diet. Many of us find it rather surprising how little hunger you feel. It may take a couple days to get completely into the swing of it, but very quickly your body will be able to distinguish Real Hunger vs. Routine/Habit Eating patterns.
There are also so many different plans that your likely to find one that suits your lifestyle!
Old 01-27-2011, 03:49 PM   #141
Senior LCF Member

Cool i Will be more or less lowcarb for life, i know it! Fasting Seems Good! I'm gonna try it. I'll drink lots of medium temperatur water. That helps right? I noticed at work today that i was hungry, But it just passed without me doing anything! But then it was my time for lunch so i don't know How long it would have lasted.
Old 01-27-2011, 03:58 PM   #142
Major LCF Poster!

Fasted all day and wanted something "different" for dinner. So here's my dinner experiment gone right! Thought I would share...

Buffalo Chicken Quesadilla
4 oz canned chicken (shredded would work)
1/4 cup Frank's Red Hot (I like things a bit hot, I would suggest 2 Tbls for mild)
1 oz cream cheese
2 Tbls Ranch dressing (I used light to skimp on cals)
1/3 Cup Mozarella (I used Kraft Fat Free, again for calorie sakes)
1 LC tortilla

Heat Chicken and hot sauce in small sauce pan. Add in ranch, cream cheese and cheese and heat until melted and well combined. Meanwhile Spray small pan with cooking spray and lay tortilla on it. Pour mixture onto 1/2 of the tortilla and fold in half to cover (this could easily cover the entire tortilla and be topped with another if you were looking to share!). I sprayed the top of the tortilla and added garlic powder and parsley. Place in oven/toaster oven on 350 for 5-8 minutes or until tortilla crisps up a bit. Cut into pieces- I had some celery sticks and Blue cheese dressing on the side...totally filling!

**Can be eaten with hands, but mine oozed a bit so you may want to have a fork handy nearby

My variation (with lowfat dressing and FF cheese) came out to :
366 calories
16g fat
11g carbs (mostly from the lowfast dressing and tortilla-5 each)
40g protein

The filling made would be really good as a dip even with just some veggies!

Last edited by ddailey320; 01-27-2011 at 04:00 PM..
Old 01-27-2011, 06:52 PM   #143
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddailey320 View Post
Fasted all day and wanted something "different" for dinner. So here's my dinner experiment gone right! Thought I would share...

Buffalo Chicken Quesadilla
4 oz canned chicken (shredded would work)
1/4 cup Frank's Red Hot (I like things a bit hot, I would suggest 2 Tbls for mild)
1 oz cream cheese
2 Tbls Ranch dressing (I used light to skimp on cals)
1/3 Cup Mozarella (I used Kraft Fat Free, again for calorie sakes)
1 LC tortilla

Heat Chicken and hot sauce in small sauce pan. Add in ranch, cream cheese and cheese and heat until melted and well combined. Meanwhile Spray small pan with cooking spray and lay tortilla on it. Pour mixture onto 1/2 of the tortilla and fold in half to cover (this could easily cover the entire tortilla and be topped with another if you were looking to share!). I sprayed the top of the tortilla and added garlic powder and parsley. Place in oven/toaster oven on 350 for 5-8 minutes or until tortilla crisps up a bit. Cut into pieces- I had some celery sticks and Blue cheese dressing on the side...totally filling!

**Can be eaten with hands, but mine oozed a bit so you may want to have a fork handy nearby

My variation (with lowfat dressing and FF cheese) came out to :
366 calories
16g fat
11g carbs (mostly from the lowfast dressing and tortilla-5 each)
40g protein

The filling made would be really good as a dip even with just some veggies!
sounds like heaven! I LOVE quesadillas! I use a lot of black beans....not as low carb but I love them!
Old 01-28-2011, 04:55 AM   #144
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: iakaren
Stats: 191/181/160
WOE: LC 11/06;CAD 11/11
Start Date: October 28, 2006
just checking in. Eating isn't going great, but not much damage yet. No set routine in my life, and that is making it tough.
iakaren is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2011, 05:57 AM   #145
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBishop View Post
sounds like heaven! I LOVE quesadillas! I use a lot of black beans....not as low carb but I love them!
Have you tried using black soy beans?? Those are lower carb and I sub them in soups and stews that call for different kinds of beans...might work! I have found them at Whole Food Stores and online too. Eden brand, is the name.
Old 01-30-2011, 07:45 PM   #146
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddailey320 View Post
Have you tried using black soy beans?? Those are lower carb and I sub them in soups and stews that call for different kinds of beans...might work! I have found them at Whole Food Stores and online too. Eden brand, is the name.
I avoid soy because I am hypothyroid and have been advised to avoid it. I plan mostly to avoid refined breads and sugar in my low carb plan. I did Atkins for a long time but combining with IF and JUDDD find that I don't need to be that strict with my carbs as long as I keep the bread and sugar to basically zero. I find they really cause cravings for me but I may try some low carb wraps and such after I reach my goal weight.
Old 01-31-2011, 02:06 AM   #147
Senior LCF Member

I think I might fast tomorrow on my day off. BUT, I was planning on doing JM 30 day shred, day 1. That isn't a good combo, is it?
Old 01-31-2011, 04:25 AM   #148
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by alonewithyou View Post
I think I might fast tomorrow on my day off. BUT, I was planning on doing JM 30 day shred, day 1. That isn't a good combo, is it?
I actually find exercising easier on fasting days as long as I don't try to go too long. I just have more energy. I have the 30 day shred. I think I could do it on a fasting day, although I haven't done ANY form of exercise lately. People vary too but I wouldn't shy away from exercise because of fasting. There are people who go on long run while fasting.
Old 01-31-2011, 06:09 AM   #149
Major LCF Poster!

I too find I exercise better in a fasted state. I have asthma and have found that in general it has improved while IFing, but is particularly even better when in a fasted state. As I continue to read and research, this seems to be a reoccuring benefit among others as well.
Old 01-31-2011, 12:58 PM   #150
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: magentagirl13
Stats: 176.5/174/128.5
WOE: low carb JUDDD and IF (8 eating hours)
Start Date: 4/22/06; restarting 3/1/13
Hi there! I'm back! I've been having a rough couple of weeks but restarted induction and Fast 5 today. I'm feeling really good about my food choices, and drinking lots of water.

Just checking in to say hi!

Carrollee
magentagirl13 is offline   Reply With Quote