Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Other Plans
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-13-2011, 09:06 AM   #91
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: magentagirl13
Stats: 176.5/174/128.5
WOE: low carb JUDDD and IF (8 eating hours)
Start Date: 4/22/06; restarting 3/1/13
I would say morning but I guess it isn't anymore!

I was down 1.5 pounds this morning, so heading back in the right direction! I had a couple of mentally bad days and my eating wasn't really on target. I am in a better mood today so hopefully my meals will reflect that!

I have a much earlier window today since I had breakfast, which I don't usually do. Now I'm so not hungry, I don't even want to think about food! I hope I can hold onto that for the rest of the day.

I don't have anything planned for the day, since we went to the health food store and got our 20% off, and stopped by the library and got the book I had on hold.

Hope everyone has a great day!

Carrollee

magentagirl13 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 01-13-2011, 11:05 AM   #92
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Jaded62
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: 1/1/14
THank`s All. I was thinking of drinking the shakes for a meal peplacement during my eating time window. Just now and then.Also, my eating window,can I set the time for any time I want to?? Say, 9 am till 1pm and 5pm to10pm. Is this ok?? Thank you all for your time and support. I appreciate it. I will look up some of these online things.Thank`s.
Jaded62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 11:15 AM   #93
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: lindaokc
Stats: 196/170/140?
WOE: atkins/hcg/learning
Start Date: Feb, 07
Hi Jaded, and welcome to our thread. Yes, it is ok to set your eating window to any time of day you want. I keep mine around noon to 5 PM-6Pm most days, or 11-4, whatever I can handle.

Not doing good as far as weight goes right now, but doing better w/ the attitude, lol. I just get down sometimes and can't seem to get back in the losing groove since Christmas. Actually, can't seem to get back to IF at all. Hoping today will go better.
lindaokc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 11:18 AM   #94
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: LBishop
Stats: 151.5/144/125-129 5'4" 48yo
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: Restart November 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaded62 View Post
THank`s All. I was thinking of drinking the shakes for a meal peplacement during my eating time window. Just now and then.Also, my eating window,can I set the time for any time I want to?? Say, 9 am till 1pm and 5pm to10pm. Is this ok?? Thank you all for your time and support. I appreciate it. I will look up some of these online things.Thank`s.
Yes, you can set your eating window to anytime you want. The effectiveness is the fasting time. I think the 19 hours is what we should shoot for. Some people do a 23 hour fast. Some people switch their windows around but I always wondered if you get the same effect because obviously if your window is 5-10pm one day and then 1-6 the next then your fasting time is not 19 hours. I prefer to find a window and stick to it but there are days that it's not as convenient or whatever. I'm also playing around with my window time right now so I am not even sure what I'll settle on for the time being. :blush:
Old 01-13-2011, 01:28 PM   #95
Major LCF Poster!

Thank`s for all the information and the warm welcome. I am going to get this figured out soon.
Old 01-13-2011, 03:02 PM   #96
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: LCShadows
Stats: High: 349/CW 222.5/Goal 120
WOE: LC whole foods - no sugar, grain, dairy
Start Date: LC 7/11/08
CP777, if I can still jump on the bandwagon and answer your question about doing IF, I started with a much larger window. When I observed my natural pre-IF pattern, I probably ate during about 14 hours of the day, which would mean I fasted only 10. So I started by cutting back to a 9-hour window (15 hours of fasting per day), and gradually decreased the window size to a 5-6 hour window (18-19 hours of fasting). I kind of followed my body's lead. I also found that I do better with an earlier window. The latest I ever eat is 1-6PM. I am over 50, and my body needs more time to digest food before I go to bed. So I usually break my fast between 10AM and noon, and close the window somewhere between 3 and 5PM. When my work schedule moves earlier (in the fall), I may move it even earlier, because I can be getting up as early as 4 or 5AM.

Weight lifters, Good to see people with this orientation doing IF. I have started a modest resistance training program, but hope to gradually increase it over time as I become more fit. What I keep getting from every side is the advice that I need to eat at least 4x per day (some want 6x), so it is nice to see that isn't necessarily so.

Karen, congrats on expanding your business!
LCShadows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 05:57 PM   #97
Major LCF Poster!

OK. Thank`s.
Old 01-14-2011, 04:55 AM   #98
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: iakaren
Stats: 191/181/160
WOE: LC 11/06;CAD 11/11
Start Date: October 28, 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by lindaokc View Post
Hi Jaded, and welcome to our thread. Yes, it is ok to set your eating window to any time of day you want. I keep mine around noon to 5 PM-6Pm most days, or 11-4, whatever I can handle.

Not doing good as far as weight goes right now, but doing better w/ the attitude, lol. I just get down sometimes and can't seem to get back in the losing groove since Christmas. Actually, can't seem to get back to IF at all. Hoping today will go better.
Glad to hear the attitude is improving. Hope you get back on track. I am having a tough time, with working at home, and running up to the new office whenever they need help.......really wrecking my routine.

Not much damage done, but the scale isn't moving down very fast.
iakaren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 04:57 AM   #99
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by magentagirl13 View Post
I would say morning but I guess it isn't anymore!

I was down 1.5 pounds this morning, so heading back in the right direction! I had a couple of mentally bad days and my eating wasn't really on target. I am in a better mood today so hopefully my meals will reflect that!

I have a much earlier window today since I had breakfast, which I don't usually do. Now I'm so not hungry, I don't even want to think about food! I hope I can hold onto that for the rest of the day.

I don't have anything planned for the day, since we went to the health food store and got our 20% off, and stopped by the library and got the book I had on hold.

Hope everyone has a great day!

Carrollee
I had a day yesterday when I was just hungry all day long. So I admit, I ate a longer than I would have liked. But have a cold, so didn't want to try and starve on that. Can't afford to get sick.
Old 01-14-2011, 05:45 AM   #100
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: oriana
Hey, amazing that I can still gain after running 10 miles and eating one meal a day! Bah hum bug!
oriana is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 06:12 AM   #101
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: ddailey320
Stats: depressed/progressing/HAPPY
oriana...10 miles :wow: I wish I could run long distances! My asthma just gets the best of me. Do you have any way of measuring your body fat%??? Perhaps with all that running you are building more muscle than you think. Make sure you are getting in enough calories to support all that cardio- crashed metabolisms certainly won't help in the long run (ha-ha... pun intended!)

Only down about a 1/2 pound in the last 2 days (grrrrrrr)...going to IF today and *HOPE* for a whoosh- even a small one would be nice at this point. Have a busy weekend coming up- have to travel down to RI to throw my sister's baby shower at my mom's house. Still have prepping, planning, shopping, cooking, decorating, and a cake to make! No problem, right??!! So glad that it's a long weekend so that I can recooperate on Monday!
Old 01-14-2011, 08:09 AM   #102
Major LCF Poster!

Morning everyone!

I'm down a pound, so back to where I was last Saturday. I hope that next week I'll be back on track, and I'm going to start exercising on Monday (T Tapp and yoga, so nothing really strenuous), so hopefully that will keep me going. I have my doctor's appointment on Monday and then the following Monday I'm going to start taking the dog out for walks since we'll both be cleared for that!

Today is a DD so I'm hoping that I'll have something of a loss in the morning.

Carrollee
Old 01-14-2011, 08:24 AM   #103
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: lindaokc
Stats: 196/170/140?
WOE: atkins/hcg/learning
Start Date: Feb, 07
Good morning, scale continues to go up and I can't seem to get a grip!! Doing a shake day today w/ 3 shakes and having my window open a little longer so I can do breakfast. Sounds like the rest of you are doing good. Karen, hope you don't come down with that cold.
Oriana, can't imagine gaining on one meal a day, even without running 10 mi. What did your one meal consist of? Yes, be careful not to eat too little if you are going to push your body running 10 mi. a day.
I forgot to add I've gone back to the gym and get in 30-40 min. on the treadmill. That's a good start for me....at my age.
Old 01-14-2011, 08:37 AM   #104
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Morning everyone!

I'm down a pound, so back to where I was last Saturday. I hope that next week I'll be back on track, and I'm going to start exercising on Monday (T Tapp and yoga, so nothing really strenuous), so hopefully that will keep me going. I have my doctor's appointment on Monday and then the following Monday I'm going to start taking the dog out for walks since we'll both be cleared for that!

Today is a DD so I'm hoping that I'll have something of a loss in the morning.

Carrollee
Carrollee, I'm going to go back to combining fast 5 with JUDDD again with you! I lost really well doing that over a year ago and I need to do it again. I have discovered that Fast 5 works very well for me for maintaining but I want to get my weight off as soon as possible. Today is my dd. My stomach feels awful because I ended up eating all day yesterday. Since I started fast 5, I've noticed that when I eat more than a 5 hour period I feel awful! I'm also trying to let my gut heal and it's been a bit off since my trip to HOnduras. I'm glad to have a JUDDD buddy here!
LBishop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2011, 07:24 AM   #105
Major LCF Poster!

Leisa, I'm finding that when I actually stick to plan, it works really well for me! I've had a rough time of that this week, but am still ending the Saturday to Saturday week with a 1.5 pound net loss, and I'm down 7.5 in 12 days. I know a lot of that is water weight, but I'm still happy.

So, after my down day yesterday I am down 1.5 pounds. I was having a hard time just eating in my window, but I convinced myself that especially since I wasn't hungry, I'd be letting myself down if I caved and ate.

Today is an up day, and I'm definitely using up some of the stuff in the fridge today!

Carrollee
Old 01-15-2011, 07:38 AM   #106
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Leisa, I'm finding that when I actually stick to plan, it works really well for me! I've had a rough time of that this week, but am still ending the Saturday to Saturday week with a 1.5 pound net loss, and I'm down 7.5 in 12 days. I know a lot of that is water weight, but I'm still happy.

So, after my down day yesterday I am down 1.5 pounds. I was having a hard time just eating in my window, but I convinced myself that especially since I wasn't hungry, I'd be letting myself down if I caved and ate.

Today is an up day, and I'm definitely using up some of the stuff in the fridge today!

Carrollee
ok, well, here's my story and I'm sticking to it. I went all day, it was tough but I was doing it.....key word "was" I took my daughter to dance last night and it was the first time out of the house because of snow since Sunday. Felt great! Got home and spun out on our road (dirt/gravel) and had to have my dh come down and get my van home, so we walked in the door about 8pm and my dh had bbq, potato salad, slaw and the works and I was famished! I had bought some Atkins shakes and had intended to have one of those and be done but the smell....oh the smell, So, at 8:30 I ended up having an UD! how stupid was THAT! So, today is my dd. I WILL have that shake tonight! We actually have a reunion thing to attend with the group we went to HOnduras with but I will NOT eat! It's just a snacky thing so no one will care if I don't eat. I can drink a diet drink and I will have my shake on the way there so I won't be so hungry. : ) It's a plan! Glad to hear you're doing so well! I do really well when I actually work the plan too. Starting NOW!
Old 01-15-2011, 07:46 AM   #107
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Nady
Hi everyone~ Sorry I haven't been posting~ have been struggling on several levels lately and just can't seem to get my eating back on track~ still trying, but it's slow.

I am cheering you all on though~
Nady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2011, 07:47 AM   #108
Major LCF Poster!

ARGH! just went back and read the invitation again and realized it said "Bring Tacos, Burritos or chips and salsa" So, this might not work as a dd but I KNOW tomorrow will. bleh! I'll hold to the fast 5 though and if I can get away with it, I'll stick to my dd plan....I might be able to claim a rumbly tummy cause it has kind of been a bit irritable lately so my fingers are crossed and I'm saying a prayer! I really want a dd today!
Old 01-15-2011, 07:49 AM   #109
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nady View Post
Hi everyone~ Sorry I haven't been posting~ have been struggling on several levels lately and just can't seem to get my eating back on track~ still trying, but it's slow.

I am cheering you all on though~
yeah, I SO understand! I have new motivation right now though so I'm hopeful! Go, go Nady!
Old 01-15-2011, 09:27 PM   #110
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: rqw1968
Stats: 199 lbs/143.1 lbs/128 lbs (5' 6.5") Age: 44
WOE: Typically VLC, On hCG SubQ R1P2 since 10/4/2012
Start Date: January '09 (Restart: 7/15/2012)
Anyone here purposely combining Meat/Egg/Fat Fasting with IF ?

In 1/2 month, I've lost less than 1 lb. I had eggs/hwc/butter and bacon, plus coffee/hwc for breakfast this morning (which was around 8 a.m.). Around 1pm, I had a handful of pork rinds. During the day, I've had a couple of cups of coffee and several bottles of water. After the fatty breakfast and pork rinds, I don't really have an appetite. (It's been a while since I've lost my appetite like this. That's probably about the same time I quit seeing losses on the scales.)
Vanity Goal: 128 lbs and Ready for Bikini Weather next summer

Last edited by rqw1968; 01-15-2011 at 09:29 PM.. Reason: Forgot to add butter as part of breakfast ! LOL
rqw1968 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 01:45 PM   #111
Major LCF Poster!

OK. Today is the day. I am doing a fast day today. I plan on breaking it with Lc tomorrow around lunch time. I so hope I can stick with this. I weighed today,it was downright scary.Wish me lots of LUCK !!! Thank`s.
Old 01-17-2011, 05:27 PM   #112
Major LCF Poster!

I am still on my fast. It`s hard to get used to,but I am doing it.
Old 01-18-2011, 04:59 AM   #113
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rqw1968 View Post
Anyone here purposely combining Meat/Egg/Fat Fasting with IF ?

In 1/2 month, I've lost less than 1 lb. I had eggs/hwc/butter and bacon, plus coffee/hwc for breakfast this morning (which was around 8 a.m.). Around 1pm, I had a handful of pork rinds. During the day, I've had a couple of cups of coffee and several bottles of water. After the fatty breakfast and pork rinds, I don't really have an appetite. (It's been a while since I've lost my appetite like this. That's probably about the same time I quit seeing losses on the scales.)
I do not know why, but pork rinds tasted really good to me last night. And that is really unusual. I haven't done the meat egg fat fast. But that is a lot of what I eat when I do truly low carb.

DD made me do excercises with her last night. And a good thing. I couldn't even do a full sit-up. That is disgusting, for what i used to be able to do. This permanent office-stuff is taking its toll!!!! So DD is supposed to keep kicking my rear each night.
Old 01-18-2011, 05:15 AM   #114
Major LCF Poster!

Good morning all,

Finally had a successful fast day Sunday combining with JUDDD. I measured my waist this morning so I could use that in combination with the scale to monitor my progress. Hope you are all doing well!
Old 01-18-2011, 06:36 AM   #115
Major LCF Poster!

HI all!!! Thank goodness my crazy weekend is over! Rhode Island was fun and my sister was totally surprised by her baby shower. Glad to be back home though...doesn't your own bed always seem SOOOO GOOD when you've been away for a few days??

I tried really hard to eat somewhat freely this weekend and not overly strict- isn't it usually the other way around?? lol...I did even it a little cake, pizza, and smartfood popcorn :blush:!! I ddin't dare step on the scale this morning. Logically I know whatever gain there is is water, but I mentally don't think I can see that right now! Doing a full 24-36 hour fast (thinking of breaking it tomorrow evening at dinner- which would actually be closer to 40 hours) to completely detox out the added carbs and to get plenty of water in my system!

Hoping that body just accepts this as another "shake up" and doesn't cause to much of a stall. My mom packed up a bunch of the leftover food from the party, but luckily (other than the party pizza and cake, which I'll be giving to the daycare kiddos for lunch) she knew well enough to pack up basically all the veggies and fruit!

RQW...I find that the meat/egg fast and IF combine well together. Personally I like doing a 24 hour fast followed by a day of egg fast- only because I can't eat a whole days worth of eggs and butter in a small eating window
ddailey320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 04:32 PM   #116
Major LCF Poster!

I am glad you had a good time at the shower.Sounds like you kept your eating somewhat under control,also. Good for you. I did the fast yesterday and untill lunch time today. I am eating LC all day today. I haven`t been that hungry,so it must be working.
Old 01-19-2011, 06:18 AM   #117
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: E.W.
Stats: 318/297/ a lot less
WOE: Fast5
Start Date: restart again 1/17/2014
I did a lot of the reading and this does sound like it is good from a health standpoint.
But I wonder how many of you have lost weight on it and kept it off for over a year.
I have lost weight many times only to gain it back so I would like to hear about any
long term maintainers using this plan.
E.W. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 08:43 AM   #118
Major LCF Poster!

I can absolutely see myself sticking with IF even beyond weightloss! For me personally it is my prefered way of eating and naturally always has been (just never realized it was a specific eating plan). Before "officially' starting IF in September I had been reading up up CR (calorie restriction) in regards to health benefits which led me to IF and the added benefits of fasting for 15+ hours a day. Have you read the blogs by Retired Dieter (google it)? He has lots of great info and resources on his site as well as other long time IFers. There are also many sites that incorporate IFing and bodybuilding that have tremendous longterm results (Martin Berkhan-LeanGains, Robb Wolf-Paleo Diet, Lyle McDonald)
ddailey320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 02:04 PM   #119
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: dasiey
I am also doing fast5 and Juddd. So can I join you all?
dasiey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 02:54 PM   #120
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dasiey View Post
I am also doing fast5 and Juddd. So can I join you all?
Hi!!