Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Other Plans
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-05-2011, 12:30 PM   #31
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: JKat
Start Date: December 2003
Hi all!!

May I ask how u go Bout your fast?? It seems that u r all following differant plans. I am very interested in it. I did read eat stop eat and follow brad Pilon
blog but I have incorporated Judd into it. I do not eat till dinner on my down days and try to stop eating on my up days after dinner so I really go 24 hours then a small meal followed by an up day. I am maintaining but trying to make better choices on my up days.
JKat is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 01-05-2011, 12:32 PM   #32
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: magentagirl13
Stats: 176.5/174/128.5
WOE: low carb JUDDD and IF (8 eating hours)
Start Date: 4/22/06; restarting 3/1/13
Quote:
Originally Posted by JKat View Post
Hi all!!

May I ask how u go Bout your fast?? It seems that u r all following differant plans. I am very interested in it. I did read eat stop eat and follow brad Pilon
blog but I have incorporated Judd into it.
Hi there from the JUDDD group! I try to eat in a 5 hour window every day, but I don't have a set time, and I don't include my coffee with hwc in the window. Usually on my DDs I only eat one meal, and I try to go until the mid to late afternoon until I eat that. On my UDs, I eat two meals, generally, but sometimes I snack more than have formal meals.
magentagirl13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 12:33 PM   #33
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Charcutier
Stats: 325/264.75/165
WOE: Atkins '72 Induction
Start Date: 1/1/11, Restart 8/27/12
JKat, I follow the plan I linked to above - 24 hours on, 24 hours off. My "day" starts at 6:00 PM. So, basically, I eat dinner one day and Breakfast/Lunch/Snack the next.
Charcutier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 12:34 PM   #34
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: lindaokc
Stats: 196/170/140?
WOE: atkins/hcg/learning
Start Date: Feb, 07
Hi Jodi, welcome. I think we all do our Intermittent Fasting differently. Fast 5 uses a 5 hr window to eat in, say 12 - 5 PM, or 5-10 PM or 7AM - 12N. Some follow that and some have a larger window, 6 hrs or 7, or ?? Then others fast for a day then eat the next, some use it in conjunction w/ JUDD, etc.

I personally use a 5 hr window, 6 at most, when I am on I.F. but it's been a mess since Thanksgiving/Christmas, off and on. I am back on plan today and if I have anything outside my window, it will be a cup of tea or a decaf coffee or even a s/f cocoa. HTH
Old 01-05-2011, 12:48 PM   #35
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: JKat
Start Date: December 2003
Thank u all for responding.

I know one thing for sure is that calorie cycling really does work. I am going go take a look at your plans and see if I can I corporate Anything.

Fast five sounds interesting. I will look into it.

I find my up days to be challenging. I really have to plan it out. So I am looking for differant statsgies to help!
JKat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 01:16 PM   #36
Senior LCF Member

I forgot to add that I work out extra on my late days. So, one day I have breakfast, the next I do an extra round on the exercise bike during that time slot. I feel like this takes full advantage of the ketosis that happened overnight. And I always bike 30 minutes as soon as I get home, 6 days a week.
Old 01-06-2011, 04:17 AM   #37
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: jada
WOE: low carb
Start Date: 28/07/05
Hi,

Thanks for a great thread and for all the great posts. Ive been lurking for a while and waned too share my experiment.

I started eating one main meal at dinner and I snack during the day and I feel amazing, I started on Monday this week. Not many people support my WOE but Im in tune with it and am comfortable. I drink juice inbetween and snack on jerky, when i eat dinner I have a large serving of organic steamed veggies, a piece of chicken or just veggies which i really enjoy. Ive lost 8lbs, but i guess I have a larger frame and also retain alot of water so the plan is a success and the weight is melting off.

This for me is really an achievement as I have stalled and stalled forever and also lately have been totally out of control. Lets see how this month goes hopefully i can gradually reintroduce small meals at a later stage. I see there are various methods of juggling meals and fasting so I am open to that as well. I just wanted to be in a team that supprots my plan.
Old 01-06-2011, 05:50 AM   #38
Major LCF Poster!

Jada, that's really great! What an impressive loss!

I think that Danielle in here has some good and healthy ways that she's incorporating more eating into her life.

I do think that intermittent fasting is fine to do long term, as well. I think that's what my dad does (unintentionally), and he weighs the same as he did in college, and he's 65! He only has coffee and I guess he used to have orange juice for breakfast, and then a small lunch and not huge dinner. He eats more on special occasions, and he walks several miles each day, but he is in great shape and very healthy with no cholesterol or heart problems.

I am down another 2 pounds after my down day. It was more challenging than the first one, and I went a little higher in calories but since I'm healing I think I should pay attention to my body saying it's that hungry.

xoxo
Carrollee

Old 01-06-2011, 06:10 AM   #39
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: CP777
Stats: 168/139.7/128
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: November 2001 (on and off)
How do you guys stick to I.F? I've tried it so many times, but I just can't stand it to be hungry!

Please tell me if you felt like this in the beginning and how long it takes for your body to get used to eating this way?
CP777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 06:32 AM   #40
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: ddailey320
Stats: depressed/progressing/HAPPY
Quote:
Originally Posted by magentagirl13 View Post
Jada, that's really great! What an impressive loss!

I think that Danielle in here has some good and healthy ways that she's incorporating more eating into her life.

Carrollee
Well, i suppose I'll put my 2 cents in here...

I started doing IF somewhere around September '10...I have NEVER been a big eater and not someone that particularly enjoys meal times, so for me not having to think about, prep, plan, or calculate meals has been a godsent! before this I had attempted the 5-6 mini meals a day which left me feeling nuerotic and nauseous (I became literally OBSESSED with figuring out what to eat, how much of this, the macros for that, etc and really hated the feeling that I was force feeding all day. Honestly, I think mini meals also left me feeling hungry all day!) I came across some Intermittent Fasting Blogs and sites (check out RetiredDieter on youtube or google, he had great results and lots of info and links on his site)

For the few months I would eat between 6pm-9pm- or whenever dinner time was. My meal consisted of a small dinner meal (greek salad, spinach pie made with LC tortilla, soup and cheese sticks & beef jerky, etc) and then typically a small snack in the evening- lc ice cream, FF frozen yogurt, LC pudding, dark chocolate)
I do know that I was (and still do have a tendency of) undereating...I eat very little meat and most of my meals are low(er) carb/lowfat and therefore lower cals- I honestly feel fine eating this way, but I also know that my body needs a change of pace every now and then.

I have started rotating in some days of Fat Fast days (I aim for up to 1000 calories of which 85-90% is from fat- my foods consist of flavored almonds, diet soda w/heavy cream, full fat cream cheese, natural PB, celery w/blue cheese or feta dressing), Egg Fast days (up to 8 whole eggs, each cooked with 1 tsp butter) and now I have started trying to incorporate a "free meal" once a week and add in foods that I don't typically eat. This for me is much more for mental purposes in order to break myself from the feeling that foods should be labeled "good/bad, safe/unsafe" for me.** I am not a sugar/carb addict and personally have no cravings the next day, although i know this is not true for everyone. However, I do prefer doing a 24-36 hour full fast the day following a free meal which also helps to eliminate the water weight that typically results.

As others have stated, there are so many ways to do IF, which is why it is so great!! Lots of info available online too. Even when I am at goal, I can definitely see continuing this way of eating out of preference as well as health benefits. You certainly don't have to IF every day either, many people stay in a maintance range by only fasting 1-2 days a week.

Last edited by ddailey320; 01-06-2011 at 06:34 AM..
ddailey320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 07:23 AM   #41
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddailey320 View Post

I started doing IF somewhere around September '10...I have NEVER been a big eater and not someone that particularly enjoys meal times, so for me not having to think about, prep, plan, or calculate meals has been a godsent! before this I had attempted the 5-6 mini meals a day which left me feeling nuerotic and nauseous (I became literally OBSESSED with figuring out what to eat, how much of this, the macros for that, etc and really hated the feeling that I was force feeding all day. Honestly, I think mini meals also left me feeling hungry all day!) I came across some Intermittent Fasting Blogs and sites (check out RetiredDieter on youtube or google, he had great results and lots of info and links on his site)

For the few months I would eat between 6pm-9pm- or whenever dinner time was. My meal consisted of a small dinner meal (greek salad, spinach pie made with LC tortilla, soup and cheese sticks & beef jerky, etc) and then typically a small snack in the evening- lc ice cream, FF frozen yogurt, LC pudding, dark chocolate)
I do know that I was (and still do have a tendency of) undereating...I eat very little meat and most of my meals are low(er) carb/lowfat and therefore lower cals- I honestly feel fine eating this way, but I also know that my body needs a change of pace every now and then.

I have started rotating in some days of Fat Fast days (I aim for up to 1000 calories of which 85-90% is from fat- my foods consist of flavored almonds, diet soda w/heavy cream, full fat cream cheese, natural PB, celery w/blue cheese or feta dressing), Egg Fast days (up to 8 whole eggs, each cooked with 1 tsp butter) and now I have started trying to incorporate a "free meal" once a week and add in foods that I don't typically eat. This for me is much more for mental purposes in order to break myself from the feeling that foods should be labeled "good/bad, safe/unsafe" for me.** I am not a sugar/carb addict and personally have no cravings the next day, although i know this is not true for everyone. However, I do prefer doing a 24-36 hour full fast the day following a free meal which also helps to eliminate the water weight that typically results.

As others have stated, there are so many ways to do IF, which is why it is so great!! Lots of info available online too. Even when I am at goal, I can definitely see continuing this way of eating out of preference as well as health benefits. You certainly don't have to IF every day either, many people stay in a maintance range by only fasting 1-2 days a week.
Sorry to ask but, why did you have to lose weight if you always eat so little?
Old 01-06-2011, 07:47 AM   #42
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Nady
Morning everybody~
Did much better yesterday~ down a pound~ I know it's just water, but I feel much better just the same.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CP777 View Post
How do you guys stick to I.F? I've tried it so many times, but I just can't stand it to be hungry!

Please tell me if you felt like this in the beginning and how long it takes for your body to get used to eating this way?
Depends on why you're hungry as to how to change it~ if you're eating more than 50-60 carbs a day, it can be caused by blood sugar drops~ start by lowering your carbs and snack on things like string cheese or HB eggs. For me, after years of not eating breakfast (and being thin) I actually bought the most important meal of the day nonsense and retrained my body to morning eating. I not only gained weight, but woke up hungry every day! It's taken a bit, pushing it back ˝ hour at a time, but I'm now back to eating my first meal somewhere between 3 and 4 in the afternoon. Yes, you can retrain your body~ it's explained how in the Fast-5 free book on the site~

Hope everybody has a wonderful day!
Nady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 10:53 AM   #43
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nady View Post
Morning everybody~
Did much better yesterday~ down a pound~ I know it's just water, but I feel much better just the same. Depends on why you're hungry as to how to change it~ if you're eating more than 50-60 carbs a day, it can be caused by blood sugar drops~ start by lowering your carbs and snack on things like string cheese or HB eggs. For me, after years of not eating breakfast (and being thin) I actually bought the most important meal of the day nonsense and retrained my body to morning eating. I not only gained weight, but woke up hungry every day! It's taken a bit, pushing it back ˝ hour at a time, but I'm now back to eating my first meal somewhere between 3 and 4 in the afternoon. Yes, you can retrain your body~ it's explained how in the Fast-5 free book on the site~

Hope everybody has a wonderful day!

Thanks, I already read the e-book on the Fast 5 diet. I want personal experiences though. How long does it take to train your body? Is it true that it takes about 3 weeks? Are you then not hungry during the day or do you learn to live with the sensation of hunger?
Old 01-06-2011, 11:15 AM   #44
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Sorry to ask but, why did you have to lose weight if you always eat so little?
Ask away...after having my last two kiddos (I pretty much lost everything after my first doing lowcarb and maintained until becoming preg. with #2) I had some baby weight that never seemed to really leave this body of mine. Then in November 2009 I had a major knee injury that took nearly a year to heal up. Going from fairly active to hobbling around for a year didn't help the weight issue bringing me up to a high of 205 pounds ( I was not so low carb at this point either). it was right around Sept '10 that my knee was finally to the point that I could start exercising again.That combined with lowcarb eating- IF or otherwise, is always a good recipe for success for me!

I am one of those people that really only seems to lose on lower calories...my metabolism has been to hell and back I've tried doing the whole increased calories to get my metabolism revved, but it truly makes me feel ill eating that much food in a day.

Quote:
Thanks, I already read the e-book on the Fast 5 diet. I want personal experiences though. How long does it take to train your body? Is it true that it takes about 3 weeks? Are you then not hungry during the day or do you learn to live with the sensation of hunger?
I would say 3-5 days...I don't think too many people would actually stick with it if it took 3 weeks! I can personally say that I am not hungry during the day. And on those occasions when I am, I wait it out for an hour, drink a couple glasses of water (to determine if its "true" hunger) and if i'm still hungry i grab a small snack- celery & laughing cow cheese or almonds are usually my "go to" snacks. IFing is not about starving!! If you determine you are truly hungry- EAT! Who cares if you start you eating window earlier or later?? I also believe that some people naturally just do better eating multiple times a day, especially anyone with blood sugar issues. Every plan is not going to work for Everybody.

Last edited by ddailey320; 01-06-2011 at 11:29 AM..
Old 01-06-2011, 11:25 AM   #45
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Good afternoon everyone!! Woke up to a 3.5 lb whoosh this morning!! Now back to 155.5 and eating clean today to lock it in. Window will be a bit longer today...maybe 6 hrs, since I woke up hungry, lol. I ate about 11, so hope i can finish before 5 or there abouts. I just had a shake day yesterday w/ 3 shakes, planned on 2 but had 3, lol. Also added coconut oil to my shakes and I think that helped me when I went to the gym.

Hi Jada, welcome to our thread. I do think we are a very supportive group of people and we are most liberal in our thinking of what consitutes I.F. Everyone does it differently and it sounds like you are doing great!!

Carrollee, it sounds like you've done great too. Being down 2 lbs is a great loss!! Keep it up, girl.

Danielle, I liked your interpretation of how you do the I.F. Your's is different than mine and others, but if it's working for you, that's what matters. We each need to figure out what works best for our bodies.

CP777, Danielle has stated in the past it wasn't that she was overeating so much as the fact she was eating the WRONG foods, which we all know can sure put on the weight. Welcome to our thread. Maybe you can push back your first meal 30 min at a time like Nady did. I don't like hunger either, but if it will help me hit my window, or goals, I will tolerate it....sometimes better than others, but I try to anyway. I also think some are just better suited to I.F. than others. If you are used to having breakfast and have always had it, maybe you shouldn't do I.F.? You are the one who needs to decide that and how will you know if you don't try? If you have tried a lot of times and it's not working, you need to try something else, maybe.

Nady, congrats on losing that lb. Every one of them count, don't they? Water or not, the scale is DOWN!!
lindaokc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 11:32 AM   #46
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Nady
Quote:
For me~ there are different kinds of hunger~ the stomach growling/crampy feeling is often quelled with a glass of cold water~ giving you another ˝ hour or so until 'break'~ I have had more trouble with the 'gotta eat something or I'll go nuts' feeling that seems to be triggered (for me) once I eat. I believe it's the Limbic Hunger response~ Yes, you learn to live with hunger, but it is greatly reduced~ think the difference between a lion's roar and a tiny kitten's meow~

I don't think there is any particular amount of time to adjust to IFing~ especially if you have never forgotten to eat or had a habit of skipping breakfast~ if this is new territory for you, it may take longer~ you don't necessarily have to wait until late afternoon, you know~ some have their window end at 6 p.m. rather than start at 5 ~ I usually do more of a 3-8~ late night eating messes up my sleep~
HTH~
Nady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 11:32 AM   #47
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lindaokc View Post
Good afternoon everyone!! Woke up to a 3.5 lb whoosh this morning!! Now back to 155.5 and eating clean today to lock it in.
SCHWEET!!!

Depending on which reading you use, I either lost 5.8 pounds, gained 1 pound, lost 3.2 pounds, gained 6.2 pounds or lost 8.7 pounds.

I ordered a new scale this morning.
Old 01-06-2011, 11:34 AM   #48
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charcutier View Post
SCHWEET!!!

Depending on which reading you use, I either lost 5.8 pounds, gained 1 pound, lost 3.2 pounds, gained 6.2 pounds or lost 8.7 pounds.

I ordered a new scale this morning.
Old 01-06-2011, 11:39 AM   #49
Major LCF Poster!

Sounds like you're scale is having an identity crisis!!! LOL....been there, aggrevating, isn't it??!! I must step on mine at least 5 different times- but here's the kicker- in between each of those times I put the trash can on the scale to cancel out my previous weight...like it's going to remember "Oh, it's just Danielle again. No need to recalculate...I clearly remember she weighed _____ last time!" so sad, so so sad!
Old 01-06-2011, 11:45 AM   #50
Senior LCF Member

Oh, Wow, Danielle - you got it bad!

I ordered a doctor's balance type scale. My library has a calibration manual, so I'm sure I can keep it up to snuff. And it was far less expensive than I had expected, only $200. Which is a chunk o' change, yes, but worth it to me.

After all - It's less than only 2 psychotherapy sessions.

Old 01-06-2011, 11:55 AM   #51
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Oh, Wow, Danielle - you got it bad!

I ordered a doctor's balance type scale. My library has a calibration manual, so I'm sure I can keep it up to snuff. And it was far less expensive than I had expected, only $200. Which is a chunk o' change, yes, but worth it to me.

After all - It's less than only 2 psychotherapy sessions.

That's what I have and I love it. Hubby has his own scale, so I don't worry about him moving the lever at all. I can see quickly whether I lost or gained. Just wish I wasn't so obsessive about it.
Old 01-06-2011, 02:58 PM   #52
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: E.W.
Stats: 318/297/ a lot less
WOE: Fast5
Start Date: restart again 1/17/2014
Yesterday I was talking to an older diabetic who has been eating one meal a day for
a while and it works for him. He was diagnosed 47 years ago with type 2 diabetes at
a weight of 247lbs. He started eating a 1000 calory diet only eating once a day and
lost ~90lbs the first 9 months. He then lost a few more pounds afte he eased up on the 1000 callory limit. For a total weight loss of 107 lbs. And he had kept it off for 46 years!
His health is starting to go down hill a little and recently had to start on insulin but after
all he is now 81 years old. By the way he eats no later than 2pm . I haven't tried this yet but may give it try..
E.W. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 07:35 PM   #53
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: iakaren
Stats: 191/181/160
WOE: LC 11/06;CAD 11/11
Start Date: October 28, 2006
Quote:

I vary in the mornings. If I wake up hungry, I eat eggs for breakfast. If I wake up not hungry, usually only a cup of coffee later in the morning will get me thru til noon.

That's the way I get it to work.
iakaren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 07:52 PM   #54
Senior LCF Member

Just to report... I'm finding the 24 on / 24 off pattern (breakfast and lunch one day, dinner the next) very easy to maintain. No problem at all. Sure, I'm hungry by the time I hit dinnertime on my late day, but I'm not miserable. And I'm happy with my losses so far on it - about a pound a day. But remember - I have lots to lose, my basal rate is over 3,000 calories a day, and I've been doing an hour a day at about 17 mph on the exercise bike. So I'll burn it faster than most.
Old 01-07-2011, 04:15 AM   #55
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: iakaren
Stats: 191/181/160
WOE: LC 11/06;CAD 11/11
Start Date: October 28, 2006
Quote:
Just to report... I'm finding the 24 on / 24 off pattern (breakfast and lunch one day, dinner the next) very easy to maintain. No problem at all. Sure, I'm hungry by the time I hit dinnertime on my late day, but I'm not miserable. And I'm happy with my losses so far on it - about a pound a day. But remember - I have lots to lose, my basal rate is over 3,000 calories a day, and I've been doing an hour a day at about 17 mph on the exercise bike. So I'll burn it faster than most.
Whatever works. Keep us posted. Good luck.
iakaren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 04:27 AM   #56
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: yorick
Stats: 5'8" 187/170/160
Start Date: May 2009
I lurk in this thread somewhat, but I wanted to post my experience with IF the past few months.

First, a little background. Around May of 2009 I started Atkins and quickly dropped some weight. I went from about 187 to 168. Then I got a gym membership again in November 2009 and started lifting heavy. My weight quickly went back up to between 173 and 175. I assumed some of it was muscle, but I also tended to eat more in general because workouts depleted me so much. Throughout my lifting I have eaten more carbs, especially post workout. I tried various things like weekly carb ups Anabolic Diet style - or CKD style. And also carbs pre and post workout TKD style.

A few months ago I decided to incorporate more IF into my plan. I've never been a huge breakfast guy, so after reading the Leangains site I started IFing about 16 hours a day most days. This allowed me to really bump up the carbs I was eating and gain a little more muscle while leaning out and maintaining my weight.

I got a little too comfortable with eating junk post workout, and my weight climbed to 178. My belt felt a little tighter, so I started back on less than 20g of carbs a day with IF on Dec. 1st. My weight dropped to 168 within a couple of weeks (I also went from a 32 inch waist jeans to a 30 inch). I had the flu for a couple of weeks after that, so I didn't focus on diet as much as survival for a little bit. My weight stayed steady though.

Now I'm back on track with Atkins induction style eating with IF. I'm hoping to get down to about 160. After that I plan on eating more carbs again while building more muscle and monitoring it all carefully to avoid fat gain.

I typically eat 2 meals a day when I IF, with no snacks. Sometimes I divide it up into 3 meals during my 8 hour eating window. I also try to workout in a fasted state or semi fasted and eat a larger meal post workout.
Old 01-07-2011, 05:15 AM   #57
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddailey320 View Post

Wow thanks Danielle, this definately gives more insight to the plan, i also at times undereat but i think Im at in a space or frame of mind where i actually feel in control so this is just a great and flexible plan that trully works. I just need to educate myself more with calories and try and limit intake. thanks for all the info, much appreciated
jada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 05:18 AM   #58
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lindaokc View Post
Good afternoon everyone!! Woke up to a 3.5 lb whoosh this morning!! Now back to 155.5 and eating clean today to lock it in. Window will be a bit longer today...maybe 6 hrs, since I woke up hungry, lol. I ate about 11, so hope i can finish before 5 or there abouts. I just had a shake day yesterday w/ 3 shakes, planned on 2 but had 3, lol. Also added coconut oil to my shakes and I think that helped me when I went to the gym.

Hi Jada, welcome to our thread. I do think we are a very supportive group of people and we are most liberal in our thinking of what consitutes I.F. Everyone does it differently and it sounds like you are doing great!!

Carrollee, it sounds like you've done great too. Being down 2 lbs is a great loss!! Keep it up, girl.

Danielle, I liked your interpretation of how you do the I.F. Your's is different than mine and others, but if it's working for you, that's what matters. We each need to figure out what works best for our bodies.

CP777, Danielle has stated in the past it wasn't that she was overeating so much as the fact she was eating the WRONG foods, which we all know can sure put on the weight. Welcome to our thread. Maybe you can push back your first meal 30 min at a time like Nady did. I don't like hunger either, but if it will help me hit my window, or goals, I will tolerate it....sometimes better than others, but I try to anyway. I also think some are just better suited to I.F. than others. If you are used to having breakfast and have always had it, maybe you shouldn't do I.F.? You are the one who needs to decide that and how will you know if you don't try? If you have tried a lot of times and it's not working, you need to try something else, maybe.

Nady, congrats on losing that lb. Every one of them count, don't they? Water or not, the scale is DOWN!!
Yay please send the whoosh fairy my way ...................
jada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 05:33 AM   #59
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by yorick View Post
I lurk in this thread somewhat, but I wanted to post my experience with IF the past few months.

...so after reading the Leangains site I started IFing about 16 hours a day most days. This allowed me to really bump up the carbs I was eating and gain a little more muscle while leaning out and maintaining my weight.

... My weight dropped to 168 within a couple of weeks (I also went from a 32 inch waist jeans to a 30 inch). I had the flu for a couple of weeks after that, so I didn't focus on diet as much as survival for a little bit. My weight stayed steady though.

Now I'm back on track with Atkins induction style eating with IF. I'm hoping to get down to about 160. After that I plan on eating more carbs again while building more muscle and monitoring it all carefully to avoid fat gain.
Matt! Thanks for stopping in and posting!! Sounds like you are getting some awsome results! I love the LeanGains site. Between that and Lyle McDonald's site there is so much info to support IFing while working out. I find I am able to work out better in a fasted state- strength or cardio. I personally am not doing a lot of lifting because I am one of those females that genetically tends to put on muscle very quickly and easily (although I really do need to get back into my p90x routine). I am continuing resistance training while doing IFing and even though I am only using light resistance bands this time around (resulting in leaner vs. bulkier for me ) my weight and body fat % continue to be dropping!

Doing an Egg Fast Day today...hoping to drop the rest of this monthly water weight by the end of the weekend- would really like to start next week feeling "normal" again!

Last edited by ddailey320; 01-07-2011 at 05:36 AM..
Old 01-07-2011, 07:45 AM   #60
Major LCF Poster!

Morning everyone! Down another pound today. I guess this major dropping of pounds is going to taper off pretty soon, but I'm enjoying it while it lasts. Usually I'm a super slow loser, so 5 pounds in 5 days is awesome!

Today is a down day for me, so I'm taking it easy, drinking water and tea and maybe I'll get a nap later on.

Carrollee