Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Other Plans
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-01-2011, 08:40 AM   #331
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: synger
Stats: Start: 310 Current: 259
WOE: Calorie and carb counting, IR Diet framework
Start Date: IR/PCOS: Dx pre-diabetic 3/2010
After hearing about IF over and over again, I finally did some digging and reading. I'm gonna give it a try, in concert with my "normal" IR Diet framework (low-moderate carb). Today is day 1.
  • I plan to break my fast no earlier than noon with lunch, then eat dinner. I am beginning with an 7-hour eating window.
  • I plan to decrease my window to five hours over the next two weeks.
  • I will IF to this plan at least four times a week.
  • I commit to doing this for at least four weeks, to give it a true shot.
  • I reserve the right to increase the number of days/week, and decrease the eating "window" each day I fast.

Last edited by synger; 04-01-2011 at 08:41 AM..
synger is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 04-01-2011, 09:17 AM   #332
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: maizenbluebabe
Stats: 182.0/168.4/150
WOE: LowCarb, JUDDD
Start Date: June 08
Quote:
Originally Posted by dasiey View Post
Hi sally so glad to see you. Frankies fine I lost little eddie last Sept.
I guess he just got old. I hope your back.
Oh Daisey, I am so sorry about Eddie--they really are true members of our families and it is so hard to say goodbye. But I am glad you still have Frankie. Our Shadow is showing clear signs of aging and I dont know how we will ever do without that big goofy loving guy.

I love this way of eating and although I am a "mild" t2 diabetic, it works beautifully for me as far as my blood sugar and a steady (but slow) weightloss. Hey, I hasve plenty of time to get to my goal--the main thing is, with this WOE (which includes VLC) , all my blood work is really good and I am never starved or having the craves.

This is a great group and even tho I dont "appear" very often, I read whenever I have time to get to LCF and appreciate all the sensible advice and information--and wonderful encouragement-- everyone shares so generously here.
maizenbluebabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2011, 10:48 AM   #333
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Meek75
WOE: Atkins Inductions for 14 Days
Start Date: 6/10/2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by synger View Post
After hearing about IF over and over again, I finally did some digging and reading. I'm gonna give it a try, in concert with my "normal" IR Diet framework (low-moderate carb). Today is day 1.
  • I plan to break my fast no earlier than noon with lunch, then eat dinner. I am beginning with an 7-hour eating window.
  • I reserve the right to increase the number of days/week, and decrease the eating "window" each day I fast.
Welcome. Your plan is laid out quite nicely. You can do it! Please check in daily, if you can.

Meek
Meek75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2011, 02:19 PM   #334
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: dasiey
Quote:
Originally Posted by synger View Post
your plan sounds good.
dasiey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2011, 02:22 PM   #335
Blabbermouth!!!

Hi sally I am giving this fasting a fair try and I like it so far.

I was very sad when my little eddie died. It was rough time. My daughter got married and moved out about a month before he deid it was a hard time for me.

its so nice to see you on here again.
Old 04-01-2011, 02:26 PM   #336
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dollkey View Post
Hi there! I started doing IF beginning Monday this week. it's Friday here and I am still alive! heehee

I tried on a pair of shorts on Monday that I couldn't even zip up, it fitted me perfectly on Thursday. Although my weight loss isn't as impressive, I like the one meal a day thing.

I did IF because I realized I don't really know what real hunger feels like. I know cravings well, I know mouth hunger, etc but not real hunger. Now I do. It's nice to hold myself off until my window. My window is 12 noon to 5 pm I find that around 11 am I get jitterry and dizzy so noon is the perfect time to eat. I still don't know how to control my hunger though, sometimes I would have just a bite or two of something to tide me over until I go to sleep. Any tips? Thanks! And I plan to hang out here more often
I drink alot of calorie free beverages, that helps me. My window is 3p to 8p so far its working.
Old 04-03-2011, 04:18 AM   #337
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: dollkey
Stats: restart 06-11/150.2/150.2/108 ht 4'11"
WOE: Dukan Attack Phase
Start Date: 06/13/11
Thanks for the welcome!

I plan to work out so when should I do it, before, during or after my window? I'm kinda worried about working out when I'm hungry even though I usually work out in the morning after having coffee. Can I still do this? Thanks!
dollkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 07:04 AM   #338
Blabbermouth!!!

I ride my stationary bike every day when ever I feel like you could do yhe same.
Give it a try and see what happens.
Old 04-03-2011, 08:49 AM   #339
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: SuzeQ
Stats: 5'2"/74 years old 169/159/135
WOE: Anything that works!
Start Date: June 6, 2011
My question for you is about actual weight loss. I naturally eat a snack about 1pm and then my main meal about 4-5pm. I just never lose any weight, just maintain. Are you tracking calories/carbs?? Are you losing any weight?? I just don't know what to do and my calorie intake isn't over 1200-1300 a day. Need some inspiration here.
SuzeQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 09:32 AM   #340

I lost about 4 pounds last month. I think IF is really good for maintaining weight. However, if you adjust your cals to a losing level, you can lose weight while eating this way too. I plan on lowering my cals a bit this month, because I need to LOSE WEIGHT!! I seem to have maintaining down pact!, lol.

HTH
Old 04-03-2011, 12:02 PM   #341
Blabbermouth!!!

me to. I know how to maintain.

SuzeQ are you exercising. I started counting calories friday and will continue this. Today will be around 1350. But tomorrow will be lower. And I will monitor this daily and adlust accordingly
Old 04-04-2011, 05:06 AM   #342
Major LCF Poster!

Well, so far this is much easier than I expected. WIth a cup of coffee mid-morning, I've been able to push my window start to 1 o'clock. Saturday was kinda hard, since we went out to breakfast after DD's soccer game, so my window started at 10 am. But I did have another, last meal around 4, so that worked.

I've also been keeping a close eye on my BG, since I'm insulin resistant and have always been told I needed to eat regularly. But they seem to be fine so far.
Old 04-04-2011, 05:57 AM   #343
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: ddailey320
Stats: depressed/progressing/HAPPY
Hope everyone had a great weekend.

Been on a full fast since Saturday evening, planning on breaking it tonight. Thinking spinach pie or greek salad. Breyers Carb Smart ice cream is also on sale this week...my dessert "weakness". I know it's lowcarb and certainly a better alternative to what I could be snacking on, but I'm sure it's not a big helper in weightloss.

As far as weightloss vs maintanence, I think for me it's just a matter of being a little more dilligent about calories. My calories stay pretty low anyways- probably a little too low at times, although I try not to track them too much (I get neurotic...lol) I find when I cut out the little extras, like that extra spoonful of PB (on my carbsmart ice cream), that the scale moves a bit easier. Exercise helps too. At this point, I need to focus more on body fat % than actual weight loss, although mentally that's a tough switch to make. I've been slacking in the exercise department a bit this past month but hoping with warmer weather approaching it will be easier to get out in the day with the daycare kids and in the evening with my own kids (walks, bike rides, rollerskating, runs around the neighborhood, etc)

Last edited by ddailey320; 04-04-2011 at 06:00 AM..
ddailey320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 03:14 PM   #344
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: JanBhere
Stats: 178/153/135
WOE: atkins with Intermittent fasting or feeding.
Start Date: July 1
Synger,
My blood sugar tends to run very low. I usually ate something ever 3 to 4 hours throughout the day. I fast about 1to 19 hours each day and I really dont have any BS issues as of yet. I just knew I would be falling out, because I wasnt eating more often. EAT WELL
JanBhere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 08:47 AM   #345
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: SgtMomArmy
WOE: lc
I'd like to join this thread. I started back on LC at the beginning of March, and lost 3.5lbs for the month. Stayed in ketosis the whole time. I allowed myself 20 carbs or less a day, but would include nuts, berries, and an occasional drink or two. I want a food plan that I can live with on a daily basis for life and the slow weight loss didn't seem to bother me too much. This month I added a 5 hour window, and I am down 3.5lbs in the last 6 days! I am very impressed. I still drink my coffee with HWC/coconut milk every morning. My 5 hour window varies daily. I wait until I feel hungry then eat for the next 5 hours. The earliest it has started was 12pm and the latest was 3pm. I think the 1-2 start range is the easiest for me to follow. I had one really low calorie day, because I just didn't have an appetite.

I really am looking forward to the benefits that I have read about on here.
Old 04-09-2011, 07:42 AM   #346
Blabbermouth!!!

good luck to you Melissa
and congrats on the loss
Old 04-10-2011, 07:44 AM   #347
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Brandieelynne
Stats: 5'6", 155
WOE: Atkins
Hi Friends,
I've decided to experiment with IF after reading about it in Mark Sisson's book, The Primal Blueprint. I eat a Paleo version of Atkins (still LC and in ketosis). I do CrossFit 4 times a week and my goal with IF is mainly to lose this last 10lbs!

I started on Thursday, by doing a 24hr fast (really with sleep it was more like 35). I was a little hungry in the afternoon but otherwise it went well. Friday I ate normally (LC), and yesterday I fasted until 5pm. Today I plan to eat normal (LC).

I'm interested in learning what's worked best for you, as I'm trying to figure out the best IF routine for myself
Old 04-10-2011, 01:03 PM   #348
Major LCF Poster!

Good to see more people getting interested in IF. Welcome to you all. I have done well the past few weeks with my eating. I have pushed and pushed my start times back a good bit the past 2 weeks with me usually eating around noon instead of 10am, which had been going for about a month. I had been a bit lax in my times. Im now back on track. My size 10 jeans and pants are feeling a bit loose again, just as I like them to be. Well everyone take care and hope all the newbies find that they really can benefit from following this program. EAT WELL.
Old 04-11-2011, 08:28 AM   #349
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Mom2AYorkie
Stats: 250/195/165 , 27 years old
WOE: LC
Start Date: Jan 2011
I try to do IF most days but every so often (perhaps once a week or so) I get a hungry day and I get really really hungry so I start eating earlier (usually just eat one thing at 11am and that holds me) - does anyone else experience this? My eating window is usually about 5pm to 8pm (naturally occurring due to schedule)
Mom2AYorkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 08:31 AM   #350
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: dollkey
Stats: restart 06-11/150.2/150.2/108 ht 4'11"
WOE: Dukan Attack Phase
Start Date: 06/13/11
I'm doing IF on Induction right now.
dollkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 09:34 AM   #351

Intermittent Fasting has taught me soooo much! .
Old 04-11-2011, 02:25 PM   #352
Major LCF Poster!

Tell you all a good one on myself for today. I was rushing around this morning, trying to get things done before going to work. I usually have a set way I do things in the morning, but I was just a bit off today. I get to work and Im standing in the classroom about an hour into work, and I realize I had forgotten to brush my teeth. Now, I have NEVER forgot to brush my teeth. I must be getting old....lol Luckily we keep toothpaste in a desk for kids who might do that on a regular basis...lol
Old 04-12-2011, 06:55 AM   #353
Major LCF Poster!

It's been about a week and a half for me, now. I've actually been IFing every day, instead of just a couple times a week. Some mornings are harder than others, but I've found that coffee really helps get over the hard spots. (Thanks for the tip!)

I really like the flexibility of this. I am going out to lunch with a colleague today, so my eating window will start earlier than usual and be a bit longer than usual (have to go to lunch at 12, and don't get home for dinner until around 6). But that's okay. The plan is flexible enough to accommodate a longer window one day.

What has been eye-opening to me has been how satisfied I am in the evenings. When I ate more frequent but smaller meals I'd usually end up over-eating (almost binging) at least one day a week. I just wasn't satisfied.

But with IF, when I DO eat, I eat bigger meals... and I'm much more satisfied. I haven't had the urge to over-eat much at all.

I'm eating as much if not a bit more than I was with multi-meals. But I'm beginning to lose weight again, after a six-month plateau!

I'm thinking that this month-long IF experiment might just become a more permanently-used tool in my weight-loss toolbox.
Old 04-13-2011, 12:23 PM   #354
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Notia
I had a complete diet meltdown in the beginning of the month. It all started with my older son's birthday and got worse as I started work. I'm just so busy, busy, busy and tired all the time, until I get into a routine again.
In addition to eating way too much and too many carbs, I've also been struggling with my eating window. Now I'm finally getting back on track after ten days of failing every attempt at taking control over my eating. Today was my second day with successful IF. It feels really good .
Notia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 04:07 PM   #355
Major LCF Poster!

Notia,
I agree with you 100%. It feels so good to feel in control. Ive had another good day of eating. Im trying to eat more protein so I can possibly go longer without the food and not be so hungry. I like to push it back and feel the hunger pains though. I guess thats not uncommon. lol
Old 04-14-2011, 12:07 PM   #356
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Notia
3rd day back on plan and I can already feel my jeans getting a bit looser. I gain weight incredibly fast and in the ten days off plan gained about six pounds! Needless to say my jeans had gotten really tight .

Anyway, today was another busy day. My husband and younger son left for Athens because my son is taking part in a gymnastics competition in a couple of days.
Lunch was beef stew I had made in the slow cooker over night. Later I had a double espresso with cream and just before my window closed I had a big cup of tea with an Atkins bar. I don't really like the Atkins bars and there are only three different flavours available over here, but I keep them for "emergencies". Today I didn't have time to prepare anything to take to work , so I just grabbed a bar to go.
Notia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2011, 08:03 PM   #357
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Lucky4
Stats: Size 20-22/-31.6 lbs /Size 8-10 Right under 5'8"
WOE: Back to Protein Power (LCer for a long time)
Start Date: Restart Feb 1, 2011
Hi, I've been watching this thread but I'm still confused about a few things. Most of you are having windows where you eat each day--does this mean whatever, with no limits on calories?

Then, are you totally fasting until the next day at that same time? Absoutely no snacks? What about coffee with splenda/cream?

I tried the fat fast way back--and the Kim-mer fast--neither did much for me except lower my metabolism. I can now eat well over 2000 calories per day and still lose--so I don't want to mess things up again by going super low-calorie.

Does IF work during PMS and the cycles? That's when my appetite is a roaring monster. I can't imagine trying to fast then.

What happens if your window is, for example, 3:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m. but then something happens and you need to attend a breakfast conference. Are you allowed to change your window and should you always keep it the same?

Sorry for the questions--I did read the blog from Dr. Eades and most of this thread--but I've been out of sorts with a sick daughter for several days and nothing seems to be soaking into my brain
Old 04-16-2011, 12:20 AM   #358
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Josyjo
Stats: 184/168/140
Hi Lucky, i've only been eating this way for a short space of time, but I found the most useful information at Welcome to the Fast-5 website | Fast-5 Life, and there's a free e-book you can download too.... I have my eating window set at 5-10pm, and stay below 30g carbs, and it's just broken a monster stall for me..... Plus you somehow feel like you have more freedom?

Highly recommended!
Josyjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2011, 06:26 AM   #359
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: SgtMomArmy
WOE: lc
Lucky,
I just started IF close to two weeks ago so I am NOT an expert. I am losing on this WOE. I do have coffee w/cream and coconut milk. It hasn't stopped me from losing, though maybe I'd lose faster without it. My 5 hour window does vary and doesn't seem to have too much of an affect on my losses. If I know I have to eat a breakfast, I'll do a shorter window the night before it. It seems about once a week, I won't be hungry until about 7pm then I'll eat very little. The next day I have to open my window earlier at about 10am. My normal window starts about 1-2pm and feels normal to me. I don't like the 5-10pm window because I like to have an empty stomach when I sleep. Good luck!
SgtMomArmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 08:20 AM   #360
Major LCF Poster!

Hey everyone,
I decided I would post since no one had posted since the 16th. Dont want anyone thinking we never visit our thread. haha. Hope all is well with you all. Eating for me has been very good. Im staying within my window and making good choices witt my food. Its spring break here tooo. Storms are expected again today for us also.