Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Other Plans
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-25-2011, 08:32 AM   #301
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: icandoit
Stats: 250/237/150 Female 5’ 7'
IF has kept my calories in check when I go off low carb. I love IF.
icandoit is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 03-25-2011, 08:36 AM   #302
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: mcneilnomore
Stats: 309/305/150
WOE: moderate carbs and calories
Start Date: 3/10/14
Well, I made it to day two. Did pretty good on my first day. I didn't eat my first meal until 12:30 and I stopped eating at 7:30. I definitely overcompensated because my calories were slightly higher than I normally consume (I use a food journal to track everything). I feel less hungry this morning than I did yesterday morning and I plan on breaking my fast at 1:00 today. I was down slightly on the scale this morning so I'm going to keep going and see where it takes me.

I hope that within a week my hunger during fasting will be manageable. If not, then I may have to reconsider. We shall see. Hope everyone has a great Friday and weekend!
Old 03-25-2011, 09:25 AM   #303
Senior LCF Member

I'm sorry to keep bugging you, I have a question. When this was new for you all, did you experience any negative symptoms until you got used to it? I think I'm in a brain fog. My synapses aren't clicking right. I'm having a hard time typing, I keep mispelling everything. I'm just out of sorts. Did anyone else experience this? Is breakfast really the most important meal of the day?
mcneilnomore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 10:40 AM   #304
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Meek75
WOE: Atkins Inductions for 14 Days
Start Date: 6/10/2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by icandoit View Post
IF has kept my calories in check when I go off low carb. I love IF.
Same here. I love this lifestyle and wouldn't trade it for any other plan in the world, lol.
Meek75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 11:13 AM   #305
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Notia
Feels SOOO good to be back on track. ...
Had a great day today. It was a national holiday, so the whole family has been home. The weather was fantastic and we were all working together out in the garden. I did feel a bit hungry just after ten am, but it passed very quickly. Keeping myself busy helps a lot.
Notia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2011, 09:08 AM   #306
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: dasiey
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcneilnomore View Post
I'm sorry to keep bugging you, I have a question. When this was new for you all, did you experience any negative symptoms until you got used to it? I think I'm in a brain fog. My synapses aren't clicking right. I'm having a hard time typing, I keep mispelling everything. I'm just out of sorts. Did anyone else experience this? Is breakfast really the most important meal of the day?
This has not happened to me. And I don't miss breakfast. I do love breakfast food. I eat it for dinner.

I am finding for the most part I prefer to eat later in the day.
dasiey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2011, 04:16 PM   #307
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: SuzeQ
Stats: 5'2"/74 years old 169/159/135
WOE: Anything that works!
Start Date: June 6, 2011
Jumping in here. Years ago I lost 35 lbs eating a snack and one meal a day. Now many years later I am doing it again. I just seriously got back to this after doing CAD/CALP for awhile and it progressed to coffee/cream for breakfast and then about 2-4 I eat about whatever I want. So far, so good, and for a slow loser at my age anything is a gift. I eat carbs once a day, keep total carbs at I'd say 60-100. When I get to a five pound loss I will be hooked for life, but for now .5 a day or 1lb a week is just fine. Don't count it out because it works!
Old 03-27-2011, 04:38 PM   #308
Senior LCF Member

I just wanted to pop in say goodbye and say thank you for your advice and support. I'm pretty sure IF is not the best wol for me. I handled the hunger okay but when it came time to break my fast I was bingeing and having terrible cravings. I felt out of control and not healthy. I am positive it works for other people, just not for me. Good Luck to you all. See you on the main board!
mcneilnomore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2011, 08:15 PM   #309

Quote:
I just wanted to pop in say goodbye and say thank you for your advice and support. I'm pretty sure IF is not the best wol for me. I handled the hunger okay but when it came time to break my fast I was bingeing and having terrible cravings. I felt out of control and not healthy. I am positive it works for other people, just not for me. Good Luck to you all. See you on the main board!
Sorry to hear this lifestyle did not work out for you...Best wishes during your journey to becoming healthy, .
Old 03-28-2011, 05:40 AM   #310
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: ddailey320
Stats: depressed/progressing/HAPPY
It's Monday....

hope everyone had a great weekend. I did a full fast yesterday. Partially because I was trying to get rid of the last of my Vegas water weight (which I did ) and also because I had a migraine all day and just felt completely wiped out and nauseous! Copious amounts of hot peppermint tea definitely got me through the day.

Planning on continuing my fast until my window this evening. If i start getting hungry I'll have a snack of almonds or something, but really fasting doesn't bother me.

SuzeQ~ welcome!! Funny how some of us naturally fall into this rhythm of eating once a day...or a meal and a snack. Just like any other plan out there, it may not be for everyone, but for those that stick with it the results seem to speak for themself!

Question... do any of you have a difficult time having family/friends accepting your choice of this way of eating? For me it's really not a problem. I run a home daycare and am busy on my feet all day with the kiddos and then save my eating window for dinner time with the kids (hubby works nights, which makes it even less of an "issue") I've had people asking me how I have lost all my weight. I usually just leave it at lots of exercise and eating unprocessed whole/natural foods-which is true! Honestly i really don't think many people would be very accepting of the idea of this way of eating (not that I care, mind you ) just wondering your experiences with this!
Old 03-28-2011, 06:05 AM   #311

Good morning. I accidently opened my window about 30 minutes ago . I had an apple. Oh well... I'll lose it at 2PM today. Anyways, things are going okay. My weight is still bouncing around. I need to stop with the daily weight checks. I am now committing to weighing on Mondays and Saturdays only!!

Quote:
Question... do any of you have a difficult time having family/friends accepting your choice of this way of eating? For me it's really not a problem. I run a home daycare and am busy on my feet all day with the kiddos and then save my eating window for dinner time with the kids (hubby works nights, which makes it even less of an "issue") I've had people asking me how I have lost all my weight. I usually just leave it at lots of exercise and eating unprocessed whole/natural foods-which is true! Honestly i really don't think many people would be very accepting of the idea of this way of eating (not that I care, mind you ) just wondering your experiences with this!
Danielle, I know my husband would not agree with Intermittent Fasting, therefore, I haven't told him about my new lifestyle. I just do my thing and let him wonder how the weight is coming off. I don't talk about dieting and exercising with him anymore either...he says I obsess over it too much for him, lol...

I hope everyone has a good day!!! Let's make this week count! .
Old 03-28-2011, 06:10 AM   #312
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: ddailey320
Stats: depressed/progressing/HAPPY
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinnyGenesFit View Post
I need to stop with the daily weight checks. I am now committing to weighing on Mondays and Saturdays only!!
I so wish I could do this (and stick to it!)...I would be so less neurotic- lol!! Actually, I think in time I have become much more accepting of the natural ups and downs that the scale is bound to show, but it still plays with my mind I really need to also keep better track of my monthly cycle and the affects it has scale wise. I am one of those people that always forgets when TOM is due and then unnecessarily end up frustrated for 3-4 days not keeping in mind why I might be up. Then surprise, surprise "Oh yeah...that's why I was up" lol
ddailey320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 06:24 AM   #313

Quote:
I so wish I could do this (and stick to it!)...I would be so less neurotic- lol!!
Danielle, you can do it. My tricks are: removing the batteries from my scale or drinking a bottle of water before I get out of bed. I NEVER want to weigh after eating or drinking.

Old 03-28-2011, 06:52 AM   #314
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: maizenbluebabe
Stats: 182.0/168.4/150
WOE: LowCarb, JUDDD
Start Date: June 08
HI everyone, I used to hang out here a lot and at JUDDD several years ago but I dont have much time for the computer anymore so rarely post although I do lurk here now and then. I loved JUDDD but have been diagnosed as diabetic T2 and for some reason JUDDD screwed up my blood sugar so I switched back totally to IF and, happily, it does not mess with my diabetes. I have lost to 161 since going back on Fast Five by combining it with VLC and feel great.

LindaOk is always a great inspiration to me as well as Iowa Karen. I still miss Barbara though and hope wherever she is she is thriving. What a cutie she was, and so determined.

Daisey, good to see you here. Stick with this--it really works and is not at all hard to do once you find what works for you. How are Frank and Eddie?

Like lots of you, I start the day with coffee and HWC and it doesnt cause a problem. I had an uptick in weight back up to 171 when I first was diagnosed as diabetic but then continue to lose slowly but surely once back on IF, and I am satisfied with that kind of progress. I havent set any dateline for my goal of 150-155 (I am 5'6") will just poke along and stick patiently with IF. (Some weeks I dont lose anything, but I keep plugging along because I know the loss is bound to come.

Last edited by maizenbluebabe; 03-28-2011 at 06:57 AM..
maizenbluebabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 01:54 PM   #315
Blabbermouth!!!

Hi sally so glad to see you. Frankies fine I lost little eddie last Sept.
I guess he just got old. I hope your back.
Old 03-29-2011, 03:45 PM   #316
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: JanBhere
Stats: 178/153/135
WOE: atkins with Intermittent fasting or feeding.
Start Date: July 1
Hey all,
Just checking in for the week. I do check in almost every day although, I dont always post something. EAT WELL
JanBhere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 01:01 AM   #317
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: fitchick68
Stats: 195/185.7/130
WOE: IF/Atkins
Start Date: January 7th 2012/ Restart -March 2014
Hi everyone!

Haven't been on the forums in awhile.Was doing VLC and have since switched to Fast 5.This is my 2nd week and so far I really love it..

Rhonda
fitchick68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 07:38 AM   #318

Quote:
Originally Posted by fitchick68 View Post
Hi everyone!

Haven't been on the forums in awhile.Was doing VLC and have since switched to Fast 5.This is my 2nd week and so far I really love it..

Rhonda
Welcome Rhonda
Old 03-30-2011, 09:18 AM   #319
Junior LCF Member

Thanks Meek!

I'm sure I'll find tons of support here!

Rhonda
Old 03-30-2011, 09:36 AM   #320

Quote:
Thanks Meek!

I'm sure I'll find tons of support here!

Rhonda
Yes, you will. This is a very loving group, .
Old 03-30-2011, 01:40 PM   #321
Blabbermouth!!!

Day 16

Still doing fast 5 and loving it. I am waiting for something great to happen...
Old 03-30-2011, 01:41 PM   #322
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Hi everyone!

Rhonda
Old 03-30-2011, 07:58 PM   #323
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: iakaren
Stats: 191/181/160
WOE: LC 11/06;CAD 11/11
Start Date: October 28, 2006
Been a couple months since I checked in. Looks like new faces. I will try and catch up.
iakaren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 11:19 AM   #324
Junior LCF Member

Ok..today makes 2 weeks I have been doing Fast 5 and I have lost 2 lbs.I would have liked to have lost more but any lose is great,especially since I am eating whatever I want.I do notice that I get full faster and that is also a plus.

My goals are to exercise more and drink more water

I have heard that it takes at least 3 weeks for your body to switch over to burning the stored fat instead of waiting to use the food you eat.

Looking forward to get to a month on to see how I am doing

Hope everyone is doing great also!

Rhonda
Old 03-31-2011, 11:29 AM   #325
Junior LCF Member

Forgot to add that I usually vary my window.Sunday - Fri it's usually 2 pm to 7 pm but if I get unusually hungry then I have my window from 1 pm to 6 pm.On Saterdays I don't get home until late so my window is from 5 pm till 10 pm.

Rhonda
Old 03-31-2011, 12:12 PM   #326

Quote:
Ok..today makes 2 weeks I have been doing Fast 5 and I have lost 2 lbs.I would have liked to have lost more but any lose is great,especially since I am eating whatever I want.I do notice that I get full faster and that is also a plus.

My goals are to exercise more and drink more water

I have heard that it takes at least 3 weeks for your body to switch over to burning the stored fat instead of waiting to use the food you eat.

Looking forward to get to a month on to see how I am doing

Hope everyone is doing great also!

Rhonda
Hi Rhonda, 2 pounds is good. I didn't lose much my first month, but a week afterwards is when I start losing kinda rapidly. I'm down 5.8 so far this week.

Hang in there .
Old 03-31-2011, 01:32 PM   #327
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: PaminKY
Quote:
If you're doing low-carb then you need sodium. Dissolve 1-2 bouillon cubes in hot water and drink it down when you feel weak or disoriented.
PaminKY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 09:56 PM   #328
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: dollkey
Stats: restart 06-11/150.2/150.2/108 ht 4'11"
WOE: Dukan Attack Phase
Start Date: 06/13/11
Hi there! I started doing IF beginning Monday this week. it's Friday here and I am still alive! heehee

I tried on a pair of shorts on Monday that I couldn't even zip up, it fitted me perfectly on Thursday. Although my weight loss isn't as impressive, I like the one meal a day thing.

I did IF because I realized I don't really know what real hunger feels like. I know cravings well, I know mouth hunger, etc but not real hunger. Now I do. It's nice to hold myself off until my window. My window is 12 noon to 5 pm I find that around 11 am I get jitterry and dizzy so noon is the perfect time to eat. I still don't know how to control my hunger though, sometimes I would have just a bite or two of something to tide me over until I go to sleep. Any tips? Thanks! And I plan to hang out here more often

Last edited by dollkey; 03-31-2011 at 09:57 PM..
dollkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2011, 01:06 AM   #329
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Notia
Hi all! Have been really busy and not posting for a few days. Still doing well on IF, but my weight is fluctuating wildly for no apparent reason. Should probably just chuck the scales, but too afraid to get totally out of control.
Yesterday was my older son's birthday. Ate a lot of high carb goodies, but managed to keep it all within my eating window. Tomorrow we'll have his "official" party for a few friends, so I'm expecting to go high carb again, but I'll try to move my window a bit later ( if I can stand the hunger ) so that I won't go off IF as well.
Notia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2011, 06:28 AM   #330

Well, I managed to release 4.4 pounds for the month of March; average 1.1 pound per week. However, April will be an even better month. My goal is 185.

Happy Intermittent Fasting everyone!