Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Other Plans
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-19-2011, 12:28 PM   #271
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Meek75
WOE: Atkins
Hi Notia.

Quote:
The first days on IF were really easy for me. I didn't get hungry until about a half an hour before my window opened. Now for the past couple of days I've been feeling hungry several times during fasting hours.
I can so relate. I was doing great the first 2 weeks, then BOMB...something happened. I think for me it's TOM. Stay strong. You can do it.

Congrats on the new job offers! What a blessing! .
Meek75 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 03-19-2011, 03:11 PM   #272
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Star73
Stats: 238/220/140
WOE: LC
Start Date: 10/01/2012
I've considered doing this in the past and actually started it (kinda) but I have been reading about insulin resistance and many things state that this is a good way to keep it managed. Some articles even say it's better than low carb. For those of you with IR do you still follow low carb in your window or do you eat anything but watch calories?
Star73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2011, 05:38 PM   #273
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: dasiey
how many of you keep the samr eating window from day to day. or do you change it and if so how often. or does it matter.

so far I have been doing 3p to 8p.
But thought about changing it from time
to time..
dasiey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2011, 08:07 PM   #274
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: JanBhere
Stats: 178/153/135
WOE: atkins with Intermittent fasting or feeding.
Start Date: July 1
I usually keep the same window during the week, but I will usually change it up a bit on the weekends.
JanBhere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2011, 10:41 PM   #275
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: icandoit
Stats: 250/237/150 Female 5’ 7'
I am doing IF everyday even if I decide to go off low carb.
icandoit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2011, 12:33 AM   #276
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Notia
Ate only during my regular window yesterday, and feel sooo much better today!

I am very much a slave to my habits and its a lot easier for me to keep the same eating window every day. But then again, most of my days have a very similar schedule in all aeres of my life, which makes it easier to stick to a similar window.
Notia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2011, 06:58 AM   #277
Blabbermouth!!!

thanks. so if one needed to change things up lets
say for a event that would be cool...
Old 03-20-2011, 07:36 AM   #278
Blabbermouth!!!

I'm setting my window from 3:00 to 8:00 ! Today is my first day. I'm already hungry lol! It's more mental than physical though! I can do this
Old 03-20-2011, 07:45 AM   #279
Blabbermouth!!!

My window is 3 to 8 as well. today is day 5 for me. i think we will get use
to it. But i do get hungry. It will take a while to get use to it. Hopefully just a
shot while. but lol I am hungry already to.
Old 03-20-2011, 07:46 AM   #280

Quote:
Originally Posted by Star73 View Post
I'm setting my window from 3:00 to 8:00 ! Today is my first day. I'm already hungry lol! It's more mental than physical though! I can do this
, Star!

Best wishes to you on Day 1...You can do this!
Old 03-20-2011, 05:22 PM   #281
Blabbermouth!!!

Thanks for the warm welcome I gave in at 2:15 and ate, but I'm cutting my window down to now at 7:20...so that's still five hours For the first time in a long time I feel like I'm in control. This is an awesome feeling. I'm going to stay on a lower carb diet during my window but still watch calories. I think that will work best for me

Do any of you have artificial sweeteners in your coffee? I'm wondering if I should cut that out (wouldn't want to but would do it). I have to have my morning coffee :P
Old 03-20-2011, 06:23 PM   #282
Blabbermouth!!!

i still use artificial sweetners. (splenda) for the most part.
I use about 2 packs a day.

If I am going to do this I have to be able to live with it
or i will quit. I also use atkins shakes and bars. But I don't
do atkins per say. just lc.

i am doing very good with fast 5 tomorrow I will make a little change
and open my window around 130 and close it at 630.
Old 03-20-2011, 07:40 PM   #283

I use splenda as well...always have, always will, lol.
Old 03-21-2011, 04:40 AM   #284
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dasiey View Post
i still use artificial sweetners. (splenda) for the most part.
I use about 2 packs a day.
I'm glad to know I don't have to give it up!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinnyGenesFit View Post
I use splenda as well...always have, always will, lol.
Old 03-21-2011, 06:52 AM   #285
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Britt1975
Stats: 331/293/150
WOE: Low carb whole foods
Start Date: 1/14/2013
I use DaVinici's in my warm tea that I drink while fasting and Splenda in my iced tea that I drink during my eating window.
Britt1975 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2011, 07:50 AM   #286

Quote:
Originally Posted by Britt1975 View Post
I use DaVinici's in my warm tea that I drink while fasting and Splenda in my iced tea that I drink during my eating window.
wow - I didn't think of using Davincis in tea + coffee. I have every flavor you could think of at home... gonna start using them. Thanks for the idea.
Old 03-21-2011, 10:07 AM   #287
Junior LCF Member

Welcome Star!

I decided to move my eating window earlier as of today. Gives me plenty of time to get used to the new schedule before I start work again.
I had a really good breakfast at nine am and haven't eaten since. I don't know what's happening with my appetite. I was supposed to eat between 9 and 2, but by two o'clock I was still feeling really full from my breakfast and could not even think about eating. Now I'm THINKING about eating, but am still not hungry. It's probably just the force of habit. I think I'll just have a cup of coffee to take my mind off eating and try to fast until tomorrow morning.

I love SF vanilla syrup in my coffee! Especially in the summer I make ice cold freddos with vanilla syrup and fresh cream.
I also use artificial sweeteners. Mostly stevia, erythrithol and Natreen, which is a European, aspartame free sweetener. I don't really like Splenda. I think it leaves a funny, bitter aftertaste.
Old 03-21-2011, 01:45 PM   #288
Blabbermouth!!!

Hi guys I changed my window a bit today as well
2p to 7p.
Old 03-21-2011, 01:59 PM   #289

Hi. Checking in. I do poorly over the weekend, but I'm on track today. I managed to stay within my cals and window for today. Hoping this will be a better week for me.

have a good evening everyone!
Old 03-21-2011, 06:37 PM   #290
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: LCShadows
Stats: High: 349/CW 222.5/Goal 120
WOE: LC whole foods - no sugar, grain, dairy
Start Date: LC 7/11/08
Star, I stay LC within my IF window, but we've had plenty of people who didn't.

Dasiey, I use the same general window (open at 10 or 11AM and close at 4 or 5PM, a 6-hour window) most of the time, but I will change it up if I'm going to an evening party, or if my work schedule changes dramatically. (Like, when I have to start work at 4 or 5AM, so I'll want to close my window earlier. I like to keep at least 4 hours between the close of the window and bedtime.) I think it's okay to be flexible, and to use whatever window works for you.
LCShadows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2011, 12:15 PM   #291
Junior LCF Member

I can't cope with my new window. It's not that I get hungry, I just want to eat in the evening when I'm winding down. That's why I decided to go back to my old window of 2 to 7pm as long as I'm still at home. When I start working I'll re-evaluate the situation.
I haven't really lost more than a pound so far, but my clothes are definitely starting to feel a bit looser!
Old 03-22-2011, 01:21 PM   #292
Blabbermouth!!!

notia i have only lost a pound to. Today is day 7..
My work pants felt baggy and droupy.
I all most tripped and fell because of
them. i am not sure whats going on.
Old 03-24-2011, 11:13 AM   #293
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: mcneilnomore
Stats: 309/305/150
WOE: moderate carbs and calories
Start Date: 3/10/14
Good Morning! I want to be an IF'er too! I've been thinking about this for awhile and feel like I'm ready to make the jump. I'm a three-meals-a-day kind of girl so I know I will have a rough time adjusting. Today is my first day and I am weaning myself down to the 5 hour window. I finished eating last night at 7 pm and I am breaking my fast at 12:30. I plan on pushing it back 1/2 an hour every day until I can reach a window of 2 to 7. That's my plan. I may modify it depending on how it all goes. I will continue to do LC. Right now, I'm hungry. Obsessed with it. Wish it was a busier day at work so I could be distracted. I'll check back in tomorrow. Hope everyone has a great day!
Old 03-24-2011, 11:26 AM   #294
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: ddailey320
Stats: depressed/progressing/HAPPY
Just popping in to say HI!! Was away on a long weekend getaway to Vegas with "the man"...talk about fun. My first time there and can't wait to go back. Will definitely have to plan on getting away more often than once every 10 years! With the time changes and everything we were busy doing, I didn't stick to IFing while away. More of a snack here and there. I basically lived off of beef jerky, blue diamonds almonds, diet coke and sugar free candy while at the hotel. Not quite the meal of champions, but could have been far worse. After 2 additional days "off" I'm trying to get back into the swing of things today. Trying to hold out and open my window around 7pm.

Hello to all newcomers!! Jennifer, pushing back your window gradually is a great idea! I see you typically ate 3 meals a day before, so what made you decide to give IF a try? The first couple days are a little tricky, but usually the body adjusts quite quickly to the new eating schedule! Hang in there! I personally find hot drinks (tea or warm almond milk) to help before my eating window is open. I think the key is though, if you have a drink (water, coffee, etc) and then wait 45 minutes to an hour you can better tell if its real hunger. If it is, then why not have a small snack- celery and cream cheese, cheese stick, fresh veggies... there's no need in feeling hungry and miserable! Best of Luck!

Last edited by ddailey320; 03-24-2011 at 11:28 AM..
ddailey320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2011, 01:04 PM   #295

Day 33...

and I'm still in love with Intermittent Fasting. My weight has fluctuated in the past, but now my body is getting use to this lifestyle and the scale is moving every day .

Newcomers!

Have a great evening everyone .

Last edited by Meek75; 03-24-2011 at 01:05 PM..
Old 03-24-2011, 01:07 PM   #296
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinnyGenesFit View Post
and I'm still in love with Intermittent Fasting. My weight has fluctuated in the past, but now my body is getting use to this lifestyle and the scale is moving every day .

Newcomers!

Have a great evening everyone .

you go girl
Old 03-24-2011, 01:08 PM   #297
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcneilnomore View Post
Good Morning! I want to be an IF'er too! I've been thinking about this for awhile and feel like I'm ready to make the jump. I'm a three-meals-a-day kind of girl so I know I will have a rough time adjusting. Today is my first day and I am weaning myself down to the 5 hour window. I finished eating last night at 7 pm and I am breaking my fast at 12:30. I plan on pushing it back 1/2 an hour every day until I can reach a window of 2 to 7. That's my plan. I may modify it depending on how it all goes. I will continue to do LC. Right now, I'm hungry. Obsessed with it. Wish it was a busier day at work so I could be distracted. I'll check back in tomorrow. Hope everyone has a great day!
Old 03-24-2011, 01:08 PM   #298

Thanks Daisey. So glad TOM is almost out the door. Thank God my appetite is totally gone tho!

#Winning!

Old 03-24-2011, 01:47 PM   #299
Junior LCF Member

A warm welcome to the newcomers!

Skinny, congrats on your your success with this WOE and getting those scales moving

Messing with my window was a BAD, BAD IDEA. For three days I ended up eating almost all the time and not even sticking to low carb, which is pretty unusual for me. I seldom stray from LC. Finally got back on track today and stuck to my regular eating window (back to 2-7) AND strictly LC.
Old 03-24-2011, 03:00 PM   #300
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: mcneilnomore
Stats: 309/305/150
WOE: moderate carbs and calories
Start Date: 3/10/14
Quote:
Originally Posted by ddailey320 View Post
Just popping in to say HI!! Was away on a long weekend getaway to Vegas with "the man"...talk about fun. My first time there and can't wait to go back. Will definitely have to plan on getting away more often than once every 10 years! With the time changes and everything we were busy doing, I didn't stick to IFing while away. More of a snack here and there. I basically lived off of beef jerky, blue diamonds almonds, diet coke and sugar free candy while at the hotel. Not quite the meal of champions, but could have been far worse. After 2 additional days "off" I'm trying to get back into the swing of things today. Trying to hold out and open my window around 7pm.

Hello to all newcomers!! Jennifer, pushing back your window gradually is a great idea! I see you typically ate 3 meals a day before, so what made you decide to give IF a try? The first couple days are a little tricky, but usually the body adjusts quite quickly to the new eating schedule! Hang in there! I personally find hot drinks (tea or warm almond milk) to help before my eating window is open. I think the key is though, if you have a drink (water, coffee, etc) and then wait 45 minutes to an hour you can better tell if its real hunger. If it is, then why not have a small snack- celery and cream cheese, cheese stick, fresh veggies... there's no need in feeling hungry and miserable! Best of Luck!
I had a few reasons for starting IF. I do eat regularly but if Im late or miss a meal, I feel like Im going crazy. Its completely mental because when im busy and not looking at the clock, i dont notice it at all. Id like to have more control over my eating issues, Ive done well since starting LC but I need to control this hunger. Also, I have spent a fortune eating LC and Id like to eat less and simply to save some money. I feel like IF might be for me based on my weekend eating. I dont eat much on the weekends and I always feel great.

I made my "goal" today and didn't eat until 12:30. I was afraid I wouldn't stop eating but a normal portion was fine. I was drinking hot tea this morning and broth seems like a good idea to take the edge off. I drank lots of water but hot drinks were more satisfying. I will try to keep within the five hours today but not going to be too hard on myself.

THANK YOU for the warm welcome!! I look forward to getting to know everyone

Last edited by mcneilnomore; 03-24-2011 at 03:04 PM..
mcneilnomore is offline   Reply With Quote