Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Other Plans
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-07-2010, 07:00 AM   #1
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: LIVE_FREE_NH
Stats: 254/233/175 5'8
WOE: LC my way, low dairy
Rosedale Diet

Helloooo out there? Earth-to-folks-on-Rosedale! I decided on this WOE after being declared pre-diabetic and two months into it, I had fasting blood test done and now sugar level is 97 and HbA1c is 6.0...so far so good. My doc is real happy with me.

Anyway, jump in if you're on it and we'll yap!
LIVE_FREE_NH is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 10-07-2010, 12:13 PM   #2
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: shyscorp
WOE: Rosedale
Start Date: Restart 10/11/10
Okay, found you !!!!
shyscorp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2010, 12:53 PM   #3
Senior LCF Member

Oh goodie, that makes 2 of us! I am still doing the 3-week induction but with a litle bit of leeway here and there including a slip-up at least once on the weekends. Friday mornings are my weigh-in days so I have all during the week to clean up my act.
Old 10-08-2010, 08:50 AM   #4
Junior LCF Member

Good morning. I posted the following on the previous thread but not sure if you saw it but don't want to repeat myself so I've copied.

I did Rosedale for strictly for 3 months and had wonderful results. I had my first cholesterol test and everything else they test, can't remember all, but showed I was/am insulin resistant. I was supposed to retest in 3 months to see the change. Dr. was really curious also but .... I cheated/fell and never could get back up. I had read the Fat Resistance Diet after phase I of Rosedale and I think I just tried to do too much and mix it all together. I'm much better w/ distinct rules. No cheat, etc

I am going to start again on Monday. I started reading the book again last night. I had problems finding recipes last time but I think Dr. Mercola has many that will work. I am going to dig out my old food diary, remeasure and weigh myself, and get back up and refocused. It's hard because my husband and child do not play w/ me so I have to cook for myself and them so it can get expensive. What do you have for a snack in the afternoon, while in induction phase? I used to eat my 9 almonds an hour but my teeth hate me for it, lol. Maybe I'll find a softer nut to mix in. Cashew, yum, I know, more fat, not recommended as much, hmmm.....

I also weigh on Friday.....starting next Friday, lol. Okay, I'm rambling. Have a good day
Old 10-08-2010, 11:17 AM   #5
Senior LCF Member

Hi Shyscorp...
Yes, it must be tough to shop/eat differently than your family but maybe if you can make extra of your stuff so you have it for a few days to make it easier on the daily food prep. Yeah, it gets expensive with nuts, avocados, goat cheese, red peppers, but these are all treats to me so what the heck.

So you get right back on the PLAN for 10/11/10 (what weird numbers this month is with all the 10s)...and stick with those first 3 weeks faithfully. This is a really healthy WOE and I do well as long as I get off my A$* and exercise.

Here's my meal plan, I work full-time MF
B- 1 h/b egg or 2 links turkey sausage on chopped spinach (I buy frozen, keep it in fridge and microwave a handful for a min or so), 1/4 avocado
Mid-AM snack: I'm doing walnuts in 1/4 C blueberries (I buy frozen bb's and just keep in fridge)
L- I bring a big salad full of allowable veg, always olive oil/balsamic dressing. Protein is either chicken or leftover fish from prev. dinner.
Afternoon: AMAZING, I am not hungry. I get a pang or two around 5pm.
D: I wish I could eat at 7 but DH likes the meal later: I make plenty of the allowable veggies, chicken or fish. Beef is once a week on Friday nights. DH gets a man-sized steak, I do much smaller!
Weekends: B is Egg-beaters omelet w/veggies in it. I cook/saute/steam extra veggies so I have something on hand to put in omelets/salads, etc.

Yesterday was yesterday, today is today, tomorrow starts a new day.
Take care!
Nancy
Old 10-09-2010, 11:10 AM   #6
Junior LCF Member

Hello. Yes, I love this WOE and I can do this !! :-) I work M-F also. I am always hungry in the afternoon but started wondering if it was because I was always eating the almonds so...we'll see. I really don't care for walnuts but I will probably give them another try since they are pretty darn healthy.

Eat after 7, omg, I would die. All good ideas. Veggie Veggie Veggie shopping I go.

Have a great weekend,
Shy

Have
Old 10-15-2010, 06:58 AM   #7
Senior LCF Member

Happy Friday Shyscorp...
How are you doing this week?
DH away and I've been trying hard, snitching a few M&Ms off co-workers desk but stopped that...good loss for me this week (about 3.5)...
have done 125 min of exercise since Sunday, so I'm staying on track.
Well...it's a long road to go but we have to keep da eye on da prize!!

Discovered store-brand frozen broccoli chunks...I microwave a bit each morning and have with 1 egg and 1/4 avocado....also been cooking vegs for my dinners and having leftovers to next day's salad at lunch...I am so glad that I love the veggies.

Take care!
Nancy
Old 10-28-2010, 09:30 AM   #8
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Patlaf
Stats: start 226/178/145
WOE: Atkins
You might like to look at the Golden Years Forum. There is a sticky of Rosedale recipes.

Pat
Patlaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 08:09 PM   #9
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: MarieD
WOE: NK / low carb
Start Date: Low carb for years; NK since 8/12
I'm on Ron Rosedale's plan too - coming off Atkins, it's a little tough to pare the protein portions down, but I'm getting used to it. I love the nuts - especially walnuts - and the avocados. Nice plan.
MarieD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2010, 10:59 AM   #10
Senior LCF Member

Hello Marie D
Yup, it definitely is portion control on the protein end which I find kind of difficult, especially when DH has a nice steak, and I'm cutting myself of palm-sized portion. I'm laxing a bit on the portion sizes for fish and poultry though. But I love (and load up big time on) salads, low-glycemic veg, avocados, walnuts, almonds, goat cheese. This WOE has really re-wired me in a good way.
Old 07-02-2011, 09:47 PM   #11
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: EyesLifted
Start Date: July 1, 2011
Is anyone here actively doing Rosedale? My metabolism recommended it to me, but wants me to keep "good" fruits in. (grapefruit, berries, etc.) I'd love to chat with some other people who are following this way of eating.

I'm only on day 2, my mom and I are doing it together, which helps. Suffering from some carb withdrawl headaches. Already not hungry though, which is great. I've tried
Atkins twice in the past - lost 15 pounds the first time about 12 years ago. Lost 8 or 9 the second time about 3 years ago. Really hoping this will work... My metabolism doctor also has me on thyroid, a ton of Vitamin D, Cortisol, progesterone, and a bunch more stuff.

Looking forward to meeting some more Rosedale people. :-)
EyesLifted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 07:57 PM   #12
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: neen
I started Rosedale about a week ago and I feel great. I feel thinner and hopefully the scale will say the same.
neen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 07:24 AM   #13
Senior LCF Member

HI there Neen,

Glad you are doing well! Try to stick with the Phase I for a good 3 weeks, seriously! You will drop some good poundage. If you got the book, keep reading and re-reading the book, there's always some more to glean.

If you have blood sugar issues, you will have better numbers in several week's time, I swear. I was pre-diabetic when I started last July and my blood test last September, my HgA1c was in normal range.

Nancy
Old 07-12-2011, 07:51 AM   #14
Junior LCF Member

Hello and Thankyou for the warm welcome. I have been trying to faithfully stick to it the first 3 weeks, biggest down fall is coffee with cream. I know myself that as with all food programs we need to find our own individual happiness or we don't stick to the program. Radical, life altering changes for me just don't work and I end up feeling miserable. I would like this to become my plan for life... so with that being said I am sticking with my coffee and cream until in becomes a natural and painless descision to give it up. Baby steps I guess you could say.

I have not weighed myself since I started and today is one week. I might weight today I don't know, guess I will wait and see how I feel later in the day as I don't have a scale at my house by personal choice. I just found that I became a slave to the number and the scale would dictate how my mood was for the rest of the day. LOL... not my first rodeo with the FAT DEVIL.

I feel good this morning and the jeans seem to be fitting better without a doubt...hopefully that is a good indication that things are working.
Old 07-12-2011, 01:47 PM   #15
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: cynthialynn
Stats: 180.6/136/125
WOE: JUDD
Hey Rosedale people,
My neighbor started the diet 2 days ago - but her book doesn't arrive for 3 more days. She found all the basic info online - but she's craving something sweet. Is she allowed to have sugar free jello or a sf popsicle or sf gum during the 3 week induction?

Thanks and good luck to all of you on Rosedale!
cynthialynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 05:10 PM   #16
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cynthialynn View Post
Hey Rosedale people,
My neighbor started the diet 2 days ago - but her book doesn't arrive for 3 more days. She found all the basic info online - but she's craving something sweet. Is she allowed to have sugar free jello or a sf popsicle or sf gum during the 3 week induction?

Thanks and good luck to all of you on Rosedale!
I don't think so... although I do.... I have splenda in my tea and chew the odd piece of gum.... I still have to live
Old 07-12-2011, 05:11 PM   #17
Junior LCF Member

So after six days of Rosedaling I am down 5 pounds ... it was a good week and I was not hungry once ....
Old 07-12-2011, 06:48 PM   #18
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: cynthialynn
Stats: 180.6/136/125
WOE: JUDD
Thanks Neen - and congrats on your loss!
cynthialynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 06:38 AM   #19
Senior LCF Member

Hi ladies...

Congrats Neen on your loss, and feeling GOOD!

ha ha, a new verb: Rosedaling! Yes, there is that low-carb washout feeling/headache in the second-third day but sounds like you've gotten over the hump. And this way of eating really does help keep the hunger pangs at a very manageable level. SO keep it up and keep thinking about the insulin/leptin sensitivity as the "science" of this way of eating really does make a lot of sense.

I'm freaking out here in NH because avocados are now costing $1.79 EACH!!!! But I love having that 1/4 avocado in the morning and I really subscribe to the "good fat" concept...and all the allowable low-carb vegetables is so to my liking!

Cynthia: one DOES have to live so if your friend allows herself a little cream or whatever, that's probably ok. I think I allowed myself some items which didn't hurt. I did go on to black coffee and got used to it. I cut out all diet sodas and the majority of my liquids is: 1-2 cups black coffee in the morning, then at work it is green tea, then many 20oz. refills on my water bottle. I cut out virtually all Sweet n Low and similar products too. I do not miss them at all.
Old 07-13-2011, 10:08 AM   #20
Junior LCF Member

I cant seem to get water down no matter what.... and thats terrrible... I may have to go to the sugar free flavoured water just to get some in me.... not recommended I'm sure but water is just so important.

I have been faithfully taking Krill oil as well which I think helps.
Old 09-05-2012, 10:50 AM   #21
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: mrstmitch
Stats: 252/220/150
Start Date: November 1, 2013
Hope to find fellow Rosedale followers...

Hi, I did a search for Rosedale and found this old thread... I'm hoping there are others out there that are following the Rosedale diet. I was on it about 4 years ago -- lost 70 pounds and felt phenomenal!

Then I tried to mix up the plan and fell flat on my face

I've been on it for about 3 weeks now, and I'm feeling great again!
mrstmitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 03:50 PM   #22
Senior LCF Member

Exercise Routine

I'm finally getting back into an exercise routine! I walked 45 minutes on Saturday and Monday. Then last night (Wednesday) I went to the gym and did 45 minutes on the Cybex. I want to be in relatively good shape when I do the Race for the Cure on Sept. 16th. It's only a 5K, and it's so crowded that you can't really walk that fast--but there's so much more walking than just the walk itself, and I don't want to be dying after 10 minutes or something.

I AMMMMM DOING THIS!!

Cut the Crap (3) Challenge: week 2: 26 points total

This is me... not giving up!
Old 09-10-2012, 04:07 PM   #23
Senior LCF Member

Weekend Success

Went to the beach with some friends... Ended up at a pizza joint, but I had the salad bar and chicken wings. Of course now that I said how great I was doing at exercise, I didn't get any activity in.

Planning on going to the gym tonight, though.
Old 09-12-2012, 03:08 PM   #24
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: saponaria
Stats: 200/172/120
WOE: Atkins, Weston Price, Bernstein
So excited to find someone else on Rosedale here!

Hi, Tracy! I started Rosedale yesterday. I did it for a year a few years ago and it was the best I'd ever felt in my teen or adult life period. I did mild exercise nearly daily/walking, went to bed early and stuck to Rosedale. I felt sooo good. My A1C was 5.2 after 3 mo. My bp dropped by about 20 pts. I lost 20 lbs and then I got pregnant. I even did great on the diet while pregnant. I never felt that good pregnant before. I had no morning sickness. I had energy. It was amazing. And I had no cravings. NONE. I could watch other people eat anything and I felt no desire for their food at all. That was a total first for me.

BUT my problem was the stupid glucose tolerance test they made me take while pregnant. I ended up having reactive hypoglycemia after the highs from the glucose. I was in the car with my mother and I started shaking and felt one of the sickest I've ever felt. I took my bg and it was seriously low. The lowest I've ever seen it. The 50/60's I think? We stopped at a Mexican restaurant so I could get some chips immediately and I scarfed them down to feel better. It started me down a bad path. I started adding low carb chocolates and ice cream which totally stirred up carb cravings. I still did relatively good during pregnancy but once I had the baby I fell of the wagon totally for a while. I started "rewarding" myself. After that was I basically low carb 80% of the time, felt like crap and couldn't lose a darn pound.

I started thinking back to the one time I felt good in my life: Rosedale. So here I am again. I feel like such a fool that I fell off the wagon and let my health deteriorate. I have health problems. I am borderline diabetic. I have high blood pressure. I have to eat perfectly if I want to feel good and I need to stop kidding myself. There must be something more to Dr Rosedale's teaching regarding protein and fat too because I never felt good on a strict low carb diet except for Rosedale. I'm already experiencing a huge reduction in craving. I'm looking forward to actually being able to lose weight again and feel good this time!
saponaria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 03:44 PM   #25
Senior LCF Member

Great to meet you!

Hi, Saponaria! I am so happy you checked in here! I"m sorry it's taken me so long to respond. I basically gave up that anyone else was doing Rosedale in these forums.

I feel totally the same way you do about Rosedale. I felt so good when I was on Rosedale 5 years ago, lost 70 pounds (I had 30 more I needed to lose)and I never had cravings. Then I started eating "low carb" products, and stopped losing weight. I had a couple of "treats" from time to time (cake, etc.) and completely lost it eventually.

Now, I've made up my mind that this WOE is the ONLY one for me. I have to stick with it without "cheating", and I am determined to do that. I've lost about 12 pounds so far in the last month.

Hope we can be Rosedale buddies!
Old 09-19-2012, 02:56 PM   #26
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: saponaria
Stats: 200/172/120
WOE: Atkins, Weston Price, Bernstein
Great job on losing the 12 lbs! I'm thrilled to have found a Rosedale buddy! I lost about 4-5 lbs last week. I'm not entirely sure how much but it was about 6 lbs down from my actual peak in weight recently. I weighed Sunday and then decided I'm going to keep it to once a week because I get bogged down watching the scale. I'll weigh again next Sunday.

I'm doing pretty good here. You? My blood glucose is good. For the first time EVER no matter how low carb I've been my fasting numbers are under 100 almost all the time! Before this I only got them under 100 a couple of times over the course of 3 whole years. I always had a bad case of dawn phenomenon. I'm feeling really encouraged that this is only going to get better and better. My bp is also definitely down as well. I'm taking all the supplements in the supplements plus plan and I think it's really helping.

Have you see this blog? July 2012 Glucose Tolerance Test – Passed! | Me and My Diabetes She followed the Rosedale diet for several years and last July she actually passed a glucose tolerance test. I didn't think that was possible. I thought we could only control our bg I didn't realize someone could heal their pancreas so much it would react normally to a glucose test. This is so encouraging to me that it would truly heal the pancreas and our bodies insulin response.

Anyway, things are going good here! I need to up my exercise. I know that if I lift weights consistently it helps lower my bp and bg too. But I've been sick a few times recently, had surgery etc and need to do a better job on picking up the pace.
saponaria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 09:34 AM   #27
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: KirbyTris
Stats: 252/230/150
WOE: Low Carb
Hi! Just started following the Rosedale Diet Plan. Waiting for my book to arrive, but in the meantime, I am following the bits of advice I have recently found while surfing the net. Looking forward to having contact with others following the plan. From what I have read so far, this plans seems to be the best for me. Looking forward to feeling and looking better again.
KirbyTris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 07:43 PM   #28
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: etbjsoda
Stats: 209/192/125
WOE: Low-carb
Start Date: Jan 2013
I'm starting on Friday.

I have done the Rosedale diet two times, once in 2009 for about three months and once in 2010 for about 4 months.

Both times I lost between 25-30 lbs. My body loved it, I felt physically
terrific and was never hungry unless I went for more than 5 hours without
eating.

However, my mind had a really hard time staying on it. I mentally (not
physically) craved carbs, and I found it wasn't very flexible for a busy
lifestyle. Sometimes I felt bored with the food and there wasn't much variety
in what I could eat. After I returned to my previous bad eating habtis I
(slowly) gained the weight back both times.

I think it is the greatest, healthiest diet ever, and perfect for my body.
But I find it hard to stay on, especially when travel or a special event comes
up. If I could solve those two problems (inflexibility and mental cravings for
carbs) I could live on Rosedale forever.

Now I have been diagnosed with diabetes and I am giving it another try. I have about 60-70 lbs to lose. My most recent hemoglobin A1c was a horrifying 8.0.

This is what I wrote on another message board back in 2009:

In 2007 I was going to do Rosedale and I went to my doctor and had the tests done - fasting insulin, leptin, A1C, cholesterol, etc.

Then, my life fell apart and I went through some tremendously difficult times. I couldn't stay on the diet.

So, now I have been on Rosedale for 60 days. I went in last Friday to get the tests done again. I know I have been on here whining about not losing weight fast enough, but my bloodwork shows that good things are happening inside my body.

Here are my numbers:

Wt - I've lost 20 lbs since I started. (BTW - I am a 48 year old woman)

In 6/07 my fasting leptin was 31.4 . Now it is 22.7. That is improvement! According to the book, the ideal number is 5 so that is what I will shoot for.

IN 6/07 my fasting insulin was 20.6. Now it is 8.9. This is exciting because I was diagnosed insulin resistant years ago. I've got PCOS and other nasty insulin problems. I hope to see some improvement in the PCOS symptoms.

6/07 A1C was 6.7. Now is it 6.2 (and that includes half the time before I started the diet, and my blood sugars were way out of control.)

Total cholesterol was 209, now it is down to 184. That is the lowest total cholesterol number I've had since 1992!!!!!

In 6/07 my triglycerides were 288! (but in 2000 they were 301! I was following a high carb, low-fat diet). Now my triglycerides are an amazing 108!!!! That is down to normal range! I haven't had low triglycerides for years!

I haven't seen as much improvement in my blood pressure as I would like, but I believe that will come with time.

ROSEDALE DIET ROCKS!!! I'm convinced! I'll be patient and let the weight come off as slowly as necessary! I just need to get off the caffeine!! Thanks for letting me share these successes!
>
[/I]
etbjsoda is offline   Reply With Quote